Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong (30380 Views)

Frank Lampard Purchases 209 Beers,75 Jagermeisters, 65 Vodka For His Team / Frank Lampard To Become Next Chelsea Boss / Frank Lampard Pays Tribute To Drogba As He Retires, Calls Him "Monster" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by daddytime(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2019
Armchair pundit.....

1 Like

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by xtivin2: 8:09am On Aug 15, 2019
The same var ruled out Chelsea two offside goal, but couldn't stop a cheating Liverpool goalkeeper. Am an Arsenal fan but I really loved this Chelsea team yesterday, Lampard showed good tactical moves he can improve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by Gideonmi(m): 8:10am On Aug 15, 2019
Chelsea fans can shift blame. grin
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by cybertron88: 8:10am On Aug 15, 2019
Wetin Musa no go see for gate.
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by bluefilm: 8:12am On Aug 15, 2019
Lampard will be gone by December.

You can bet on that because it is a sure game.
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by BABSSSOO(m): 8:12am On Aug 15, 2019
I am an arsenal fan though, but Chelsea were brilliant yesterday...penalties na luck
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by brainhgeek(m): 8:13am On Aug 15, 2019
DesChyko:
Everyone expected Liverpool battering Chelsea after the 4-0 loss to a second-gear Man Utd side.
But they made Liverpool work for the win to fair play to them.

Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd are on the same level. As at the end of last season, all were called '4 idiots' because they were throwing away top 4 chances. Luck and a bit of fire helped the champions league teams gain their position.
However ugly man Utd is, it has never been easy for Liverpool to defeat them. Records even favor United over Liverpool and Man City. Even post Ferguson era has not been a perpetual win for the teams.
Stop calling United a set tier team
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by ashantitope: 8:13am On Aug 15, 2019
All this excuses is not welcome we all see they play well don't blame anybody they all try there best but the better team win so is the game not different from the first game? So stop complaining rather support him even if am not your fans
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by splashbaby(m): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2019
Lampard so unlucky with time to instill his system on the team... unfortunately the league is unforgiven as game comes very fast and thick...no time, he would sacked after 15 games grin
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by wman(m): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2019
Nonsense. Why did the mods move this front page?

Now I'm sure these guys are simply incompetent. They don't read the content of posts before pushing them to the front page.

Everybody just wanting to type poo.

The team played beautifully. Lampard was unlucky. Simple

1 Like

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by timibare(m): 8:14am On Aug 15, 2019
Batshuayi over Giroud en Abraham anyday
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by crazygod(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2019
Frank Lampard didn't get anything wrong. Rather Klopps initial selection was dead on arrival. How can u use Chamberlain as a winger when he is a tested midfielder and u benched TAA. He obviously underestimated Chelsea that's y Chelsea bossed the midfield throughout the game. Lampard was the better coach.

2 Likes

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by crazygod(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2019
bluefilm:

He is going no where except if Chelsea relegates.
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by samlestic(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2019
This OP no get sense! With wat Lampard played yesterday, he will go places! Liverpool struggled tru out d match! They only played 5minutes of second half. Even dat William, i don't want to see in line-up! Get lost or b patient with us
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by Jidibia(m): 8:16am On Aug 15, 2019
Cantonese:

And yet Chelsea scored first? And yet full time ended 2-2? And yet Liverpool struggled to win via penalties. Klopp managed to defeat a freshman manager. And yet you could not see the hands of luck in it? Bros I disagree with this your armchair analysis please.
Did you see the sitter Abraham missed? Batshuayi should be ahead of Abraham. And a fit William should not be an unused sub. That Macey Mount is really a good player. Arizabalaga should have done better during the PK.

1 Like

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by Rapmoney(m): 8:17am On Aug 15, 2019
pocohantas:
That club still dey exist? grin

They should just hold/carry table. Make teams wey serious to play, sit on top.
You still wan form expert over football matter? I think say na romance expert you be o?
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by solex1988(m): 8:18am On Aug 15, 2019
Oga,the game is perfectly OK,William is not fit and I think he used the four changes. Better luck next time
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 15, 2019
Futbolpundit:
Reasons why lampard lost tonight

1: lack of technicality - kloop knew why he didn't start firminho along mane and Salah rather goes with OX, was thinking lampard would have trained to curtailed the trio but noticing lampard brought an open game decided to quickly introduced firminho in the second half the brainbox of Liverpool's attack

2: delay in making changes - This was a game a moment of brilliance would have won, kloop brought all he had on the bench likes of origi, firminho wilnagdum and Arnold if he had anoda changes shaqiri would be introduced as well but Lampard kept the last changes he would have brought Willian or batchuayi a moment of brillainace would have sealed the game before 90mins,instead of playing Pedro 90mins, There's even Caballero self to save penalty
I stand with Chelsea.

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High
KTBFFH
Abeg shut up.
Everybody, even Liverpool fans admitted that Chelsea were better and just unlucky.
You seriously mean Caballero should have replaced Kepa?
Lol Kepa is by far the best keeper in penalty shootout in Premier league only Pickford is close to Kepa

1 Like

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by donpharaoh1: 8:31am On Aug 15, 2019
Even an insane or lay man would commend Chelsea with such quality of players to have dragged Liverpool to such feats , kudos to Chelsea and Frank Lampard ... Truly it’s well said that Chelsea bought time for Acquiring so young players
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by jcross19: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2019
bluefilm:

no team in England can parade such squad and play such what they played against Liverpool! lampard is performing magic in Chelsea without known player! !!!.

2 Likes

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by sprints1: 8:32am On Aug 15, 2019
Mk12:
Nonsense
Chelsea created the best chances through out the match.
Kloop went with mane and Salah because of their speed. He was thinking of playing it over the top for mane and Salah to move behind the Chelsea defense like man u did but Chelsea played deeper making it impossible to run behind their defense.
Lampard made four changes in the match so I don't know what you are talking about. Tammy came on and won the PK while Mount another sub almost won it at the death
Chelsea played deeper lol this one dont know the meaning of high line
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by babamadiba(m): 8:34am On Aug 15, 2019
bluebay:
Na sack last last Sir . The Nigga just wan rubbish him name
bro you didn't watch the game. Chelsea team has never been this good in a while. They played so well bro.

2 Likes

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by bluefilm: 8:35am On Aug 15, 2019
jcross19:
no team in England can parade such squad and play such what they played against Liverpool! lampard is performing magic in Chelsea without known player! !!!.

He's only good in performing FIRST HALF magic.

Nothing more; nothing less.
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by bluebay(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2019
babamadiba:
bro you didn't watch the game. Chelsea team has never been this good in a while. They played so well bro.
And lost Sir ... You know how Chelsea matters be . Nearly or played well, they will change
the coach along with Jersey
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by MichaelUweh(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2019
That was incredible selection and performance from Lampard and his players . Chelsea is getting more stronger and organized everyday.
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by chloride6: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2019
Jidibia:

Did you see the sitter Abraham missed? Batshuayi should be ahead of Abraham. And a fit William should not be an unused sub. That Macey Mount is really a good player. Arizabalaga should have done better during the PK.

Who told you Willian was fit?
Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by jcross19: 8:42am On Aug 15, 2019
bluefilm:

He's only good in performing FIRST HALF magic.

Nothing more; nothing less.
from 0-90mins of the game Chelsea were outstanding ! complete 74mins they could not see salah! lampard did what no coach could do! Chelsea remain team to watch out this season! those guys are coming out to make name for themselves!

4 Likes

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by LZAA: 8:42am On Aug 15, 2019
Before i start,i am not a Chelsea fan
Now that is out of the way...
1.klopp started ox because it was a glorified friendly not a competitive game so he decided to use him to give him game time and build his fitness
2.lampard choosing when to sub players is what he is paid for
Pedro is more direct and delivers end product consistently compared to willian
Batshuayi grin lol that one is a squad player who is content with being that
You guys have easy fixtures coming up
Win them and all these tales of doom will disappear

4 Likes

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by maik99(m): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2019
RyanD147:
Penalty is a 50/50 game.
Kante na baller.
Lampard was superb with his selection, he made amends for his loss against Man Utd.

I am not a Chelsea fan though.

Exactly..people be analysing football like it's supposed to be straightforward..they lost on penalties..
Lampard deserves some credit abeg

1 Like

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by kingkuntaval: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2019
Futbolpundit:
Reasons why lampard lost tonight

1: lack of technicality - kloop knew why he didn't start firminho along mane and Salah rather goes with OX, was thinking lampard would have trained to curtailed the trio but noticing lampard brought an open game decided to quickly introduced firminho in the second half the brainbox of Liverpool's attack

2: delay in making changes - This was a game a moment of brilliance would have won, kloop brought all he had on the bench likes of origi, firminho wilnagdum and Arnold if he had anoda changes shaqiri would be introduced as well but Lampard kept the last changes he would have brought Willian or batchuayi a moment of brillainace would have sealed the game before 90mins,instead of playing Pedro 90mins, There's even Caballero self to save penalty
I stand with Chelsea.

Keep the Blue Flag Flying High
KTBFFH

I beg to disagree, For a relatively new manager coaching at this level, I think super Frankie's selection and gameplay was absolutely spot on. Obviously, Jurgen Klopp is more experienced, Lampard showed that he's light years ahead of his coaching contemporaries (Giggs, Neville brothers etc..). Chelsea were really impressive yesternight, the introduction of Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount was top draw move, Tammy really tormented the Red's backline. The coach has shown great faith in the academy graduates, I forsee Frankie doing great things at Chelsea.

3 Likes

Re: Where Frank Lampard Got It All Wrong by Seunnzy(m): 8:47am On Aug 15, 2019
the OP na ode ..this is the worst analysis I've read in my entire life..even my kid bro wouldn't analyze like this..find something to do if u are jobless

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa, Celebrates His Wife, Juliet Ejue On Her Birthday / Kate Greville: Ryan Giggs Arrested Over 'Assault' On His Girlfriend / Argentinian Fan Choked To Death By Flag Celebrating World Cup Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.