Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina (5744 Views)

Masari To Buhari: Your Promised 3m Votes Intact Despite Postponed Elections / Buhari Has Cut Deal With Yari, Masari To Capture Zamfara, Katsina —atiku / PDP Drags Masari To Supreme Court. See What Happened Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by ogododo: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday paid a sympathy visit to victims of armed banditry in seven local government areas of Katsina State. He also said he had directed service chiefs in a meeting last week to completely re-strategize operations and reposition for optimum results.

The president was in Batsari Local Government Council, Katsina State, where he met Internally Displaced Persons (IDP), drawn from seven affected local governments of the state.

“I am very sad that the consequences of these actions have brought hardship and affected the socio-economic life of our people in the localities.

Agriculture, which is the mainstay of the economy and source of livelihood, is worse affected,” he said. He commended the government of Katsina State for supporting security agencies and facilitating some of their operations. The President directed the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to extend support to the victims in the affected local councils. Governor Masari said sporadic bandit attacks still occur in 8 front line LGs of the state in spite of large deployment of security personnel. Masari listed the LGs to include Jibia, Batsari, Safana, Danmusa, Kankara, Faskari, Dandume and Sabuwa.

“The recent deployment of additional security personnel and equipment to these areas has led to reduction on the frequency of attacks. But there are still sporadic attacks with attendant kidnap and cattle rustling incidents,” he said. He said criminal attacks were accompanied with wanton destruction through burning of foodstuff stores, vehicles and houses. He said discussions at a recent meeting of North West governors revealed that banditry in the area has direct or indirect links with bandit camps in Zamfara state.
“A strong resolution was agreed that the next meeting shall be held in Gusau and if possible be chaired by the governor, while emissaries have been sent to identified forest commanders to personally attend without any form of representation,” he said. Say no to reprisals, Emir urges The Emir of Katsina, Dr Abdulmumini Kabir Usman, urged the people of the state to always support the security agencies with useful information about the bandits.

The emir, who said reprisal is wrong, urged the people to report to security agencies suspected bandits and avoid taking law into their hands. He also urged his subjects to desist from cursing their leaders.

Source https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sporadic-bandit-attacks-still-occur-masari-tells-buhari.html

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by ogododo: 6:32am On Aug 15, 2019
Even Katsina is not safe.
Lalasticlala

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by thisnaijaguy: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2019
Governor with power to call the shots within his state still complains.

If you don't face it squarely, who will ?

Some states bought drones

What is this governor doing to address the issue ?

3 Likes

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by illiteratepmb: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2019
The dullard is deaf. Draw your message using a cartoon.

6 Likes

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by SoftP(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2019
W
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by HOLYDICK(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2019
grin. I need to smoke some weed sef.... Who can Connect me to his dealer??

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by eneyoduke(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2019
Army are train to kill only civilian
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Toscarel: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2019
Part of the promises before "change" era was that insurgency would be crushed within weeks of the new regime. Four years passed and it on got worse.

Then they brought the next scam "next level" and the gullible junkies bought it

So here we are enjoy your NEXT LEVEL , e go touch everybody we haven't even gone past 4 months in the next level and things are getting worse by the hour

Oya na

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by agadez007(m): 10:47am On Aug 15, 2019
illiteratepmb:
The dullard is deaf. Draw your message using a cartoon.
or cow cartoons
I am sure his best show is "Cow and chicken"

5 Likes

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by lastempero: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2019
Failure,disaster, terrorism,insecurity in one package lipsrsealed this man should just repent and resign or better still die abeg.

1 Like

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Bbbwings: 10:47am On Aug 15, 2019
It is Evans o

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by martowskin1(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Even baba home is not safe, charity begins at home they said

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by chinavs9ja(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Hmmm

Check my signature
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Bossontop(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2019
undecided
Na d next level wey baba bin promise wey una bin want na, make una enjoy am well........shebi una follow do 4+4 abii, even light nw wen baba dey come dem dey give una

Mtcheewww

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by rexdont: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2019
Drivers Urgently needed.
Oregun and Maryland (Lagos).
Very attractive pay.
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Lamasta(m): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2019
Our President self is afraid of book boys cool

1 Like

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by JimohMomoh: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2019
I don't really understand this government, is it that the Presidency is hepless, what are the service chiefs and intelligence agencies doing, Katsina used to be one of the most peaceful state in Nigeria, what went wrong.
IDP displaced by herdsmen(aka bandits) and Miyetti Allah is not been called to order.
They even openly claim in the press that it's retalliation for cattle rustling by Katsina indegenes.
I have the feeling that the governor Aminu Masari is hiding his incompetence because of the coverage he gets from the presidency.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by airbrush: 10:50am On Aug 15, 2019
HOLYDICK:
grin. I need to smoke some weed sef.... Who can Connect me to his dealer??

mine is on jiji.com! home delivery

1 Like

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Four4Clien(m): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2019
me i just want this country to be way better than...

for 8k, get your website blog. to contact - see red writing below [signature]
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by larryeffizy1(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2019
This is a country where the so called heartless leaders doesn't value the lives and well being of it's citizen.... You'll surely reap what you're sowing...

1 Like

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2019
No where is safe in this country

Verified WeChat and Alipay Wallet Available
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by HOLYDICK(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2019
airbrush:

mine is on jiji.com! home delivery

Perfect!!
would also ordered a dependant dat wud smoke the weed for me from jiji.com grin
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2019
UNFORTUNATE FOLK
Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by positivelord: 10:55am On Aug 15, 2019
Mtcheeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: Masari To Buhari: Sporadic Bandit Attacks Still Occur In Katsina by Racoon(m): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2019
grin More upgrade of next level.Buhari does not gives a damn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Updated List Of Countries Nigerians Can Travel To Without A Visa / Senate To Inaugurate Standing Committees Wednesday / TUC Decries $9.5 Billion Spent By FG On Moribund Refineries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.