Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase (30609 Views)

Keystone Bank Introduces ‘Cheque Deposit’ In Mobile App In Nigeria / Keystone Bank Introduces ‘Zero Data’ Mobile Banking App / Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Abdulazeez99: 6:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Access Bank has introduced a financing scheme for procurement of phones for more Nigerians to get connected to more businesses online and deepen financial inclusion.

Victor Etuokwu, Executive Director, Retail Banking, said in a statement on Wednesday in Lagos that the loan would provide more Nigerians with access to credit under its Device Finance scheme.

The Device Finance scheme is designed to provide customers on salary income with the opportunity to purchase smartphones of their choice and pay over a period of 12 months.

“Access Bank has taken the initiative to lead the digitization of lending in Nigeria and wants every customer to benefit from the modern connected lifestyle.

“Through our revolutionary and ground-breaking credit schemes such as Device Finance, we will see more Nigerians get connected to do more business online and enjoy social lifestyle of their choice,” he said.

Etuokwu said that the financing scheme currently includes smartphone devices with prices ranging from N12,500 to N325,000, at competitive market prices, spread across a 12-month repayment period, Igbere TV reports.

Access Bank continues to lead the way in innovative economic digital finance solutions, providing more Nigerians with access to credit as it unveils the Device Finance scheme, a scheme designed to provide salaried customers with the opportunity to purchase smartphones of their choice and pay over a period of twelve months.

Speaking on the initiative, Executive Director, Retail Banking, Victor Etuokwu said, “Access Bank has taken the initiative to lead the digitization of lending in Nigeria and wants every customer to benefit from the modern connected lifestyle. Through our revolutionary and ground-breaking credit schemes such as Device Finance, we will see more Nigerians get connected to do more in business online and enjoy social lifestyle of their choice. And that is the kind of change that we want to see.

“Device Finance is designed to finance the purchase of devices under a contract arrangement. The financing scheme currently includes smartphone devices, where customers can enjoy additional benefits with an optional monthly airtime bundle, which can also be converted to data.

“Under the Device Finance scheme, we are offering a variety of smartphones from TECNO to the iPhone series ranging from ₦12,500 – ₦325,000, where customers pay anything from ₦1,500 a month to ₦30,000 a month, depending on the selected device.
“The Device Finance airtime bundles range from ₦2,750 – ₦22,750 and our partnership with MTN allows MTN users benefit from huge discounts, where customers can also get some devices for free by adding the monthly MTN airtime bundle subscription” he concluded.

The Device Finance scheme is available to all Access Bank salaried customer and devices can be purchased at competitive market prices, spread across a twelve-month repayment period.
Customers can access the Device Finance scheme by downloading the QuickBucks app from their Apple iOS App Store or Google Play store and follow the prompt steps.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/899972/just-in-access-bank-introduces-loan-for-smartphone-purchase/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by helinues: 6:59am On Aug 15, 2019
Anything loan is not good for someone's health.

People will take a loan for business with 15% interest rate.. Meanwhile, the expectations profits from the business is not up to 15%.

If Majority of the acclaimed Nigeria Billionaires paid all their debts with AMCON and banks, most will dropped to millionaire categories

Simply, they are fake billionaires

191 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by MRsettingz: 7:09am On Aug 15, 2019
pls am a Nigerian, and how do I apply for one?

Getting that Samsung note 10 seriously on my mind, nothing would make me so happy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 15, 2019
MRsettingz:
pls am a Nigerian, and how do I apply for one?

Getting that Samsung note 10 seriously on my mind, nothing would make me so happy
Never collect loan for anything that can be easily stolen, what if these good boy collect from you.

158 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Biritiko: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:

Totally untrue

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2019
Nonsense development!
Why not create loans to assist small scale entrepreneurs undecided

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2019
who in the hell collects loans to finance phones

unless the phone will bring money undecided undecided

poor financial intelligence

many Americans are living in debts cause of blowing money on liabilities

60 Likes 4 Shares

supportnija:

Never collect loan for anything that can be easily stolen, what if these good boy collect from you.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Toscarel: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2019
adon understand, collect loan to buy phone hnmmmmm

this one go favour them slay queens

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by RockHard: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2019
Stupid concept in my opinion. Taking a loan to buy phone should not be encouraged. People should buy only the grade of phones they can afford. Getting into debt over a phone is stupid. What if the phone gets stolen, Shey dem go do insurance for the phone as well?

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2019
How does this help the common man?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Topmaike007(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2019
I hate this idea
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by helinues: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Biritiko:

Totally untrue

Any proof/explanations sir?
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Dottore: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by nerorex01: 10:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Loan that will make one groan to death , I jump am pass.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by scribble: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2019
supportnija:

You should be able to insure the phone but you know naija na
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Ekakamba: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2019
Loan for Smartphone purchase? Omaigot! Africans!
[img]https://media./images/cefe159d59bb9ce8d6f95bb451aa3de4/tenor.gif[/img]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by LiaKnitter: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2019
Very funny
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by 3rdavefarms(m): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2019
They will send thief to come and collect it back
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by PallyG(m): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2019
Rubbish

Why not low interest loan for small scale businesses?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by whytediamond(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2019
Whoever came up with this idea is dumb. Entrepreneurs are totally excluded from this loan scheme that can only be of benefit to some startups that would be needing to put their business online or at the least, help them with the finance and let the benefactor decide what to do with the cash equivalent.

If you give me 300k cash to support my business, I can pay back 30k monthly spread in one year.

See me wey dey find money to build my brand studio and dem say make I come collect loan to buy phone.

Mthcewew, I forget say them no include me sef for the benefactors.

Abeg make una follow brother-man buy quality footwears on a cheap. Pay on delivery too.

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Four4Clien(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2019
you will collect loan now and spend the next 3 years paying.

promo! get your website blog for 8k, contact - see red writing below[signature]
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by dayleke: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2019
Igbese re o...

sad
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by lagdmark(m): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:

Please don't condemn loan generally. Most businesses and projects are alive today due to loan.
Most of our billionaires owe the bank.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by femi4: 10:06am On Aug 15, 2019
Loan for non investment goods...wrong move

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by BarryX(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2019
Somehow, the new Fintech companies has made some of these commercial banks to think beyond the box they gave themselves.

Good to know

https://barody.com.ng is among the startups disrupting the cyber space!
I'm proud of them basically

EDITED:

Some people are missing the point in its entirety! A smartphone to some online businesses is 90% of the asset. Because you only nairaland with your phone doesn't mean others are not making millions from it.

Yes I will gladly take a loan to buy an IPhone 8 if I'm a photographer! I will take a loan to buy a smartphone if I run an Instagram business!

Don't dull yourselves fam

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by osobase01(m): 10:07am On Aug 15, 2019
It’s done everywhere even in usa take phone and pay monthly as long as you have stable income and you are up to the task

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by ADRIAN88(m): 10:08am On Aug 15, 2019
Another EmptyHen promo... Izz not me and my household that they will put in eternal debt... God forbid!!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by ZikZikZik: 10:09am On Aug 15, 2019
Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by helinues: 10:09am On Aug 15, 2019
lagdmark:

Please don't condemn loan generally. Most businesses and projects are alive today due to loan.
Most of our billionaires owe the bank.

The billionaires, if the are so rich, they would have paid AMCON and remove their names from the list.

If they pay all their debts, both banks and AMCON, majority will dropped to millionaire..

So which kind fake billionaire you be with loans everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Introduces Loan For Smartphone Purchase by Sofistcatdmoron: 10:09am On Aug 15, 2019
I know this idea mist come from the teal access bank and not from diamond bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Orders Sale Of Obat Oil’s Hotel To Offset N5 Billion Debt / Lady Supplied With Water As Vegetable Oil (Photo) / Man In Suit Selling Tiger Nuts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.