Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” (16778 Views)

'Buhari, Why Do You Like Blood?' - Uche Secondus Asks President / Buhari: Why I Will Never Write A Book / Buhari: Why I Trekked 800 Meters In Daura - President Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by FIRDAUS3(m): 11:30am On Aug 15, 2019
nototribalist:
You have no constitutional rights to order CBN on what to do. This terrorist need to know his limit

Kindly provide us the copy of constitution that denied PMB the order not to do so
Yeye dey smell 4ur brain grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Born2Breed(f): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2019
tiredoflife:

Please can u tell us where I can buy this ur local rice
I have not seen one since 2015 you lots praise it

Don't mind that gullible sycophant.

Imported/Smuggled rice still outnumbers local rice.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Gazzy88(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2019
nototribalist:
You have no constitutional rights to order CBN on what to do. This terrorist need to know his limit
Folks like you commended Gej when he said "stealing is not corruption" but anything buhari does even if it put food on your table, you will still search for a reason in your deluded mind to castigate him. Come 2023,grab a form and contest for the office of president and let's see the wonders you have in your 'brilliantly constructed' mind.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by erico2k2(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:

Depression bawo

grin
This FG nor reach to Depress?
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by erico2k2(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2019
Gazzy88:
Folks like you commended Gej when he said "stealing is not corruption" but anything buhari does even if it put food on your table, you will still search for a reason in your deluded mind to castigate him. Come 2023,grab a form and contest for the office of president and let's the wonders you have in your 'brilliantly constructed' mind.
2019, You still don't know stealing is not corruption really?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by NwaliE01: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2019
Blaming Jonathan would be the next line of action after they plung us into recession again.

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2019
nototribalist:

You are asking too much bro. Pesin de rule us with NEPA bill as certificate, and u think he will understand separation of power and non interference in monetary policy.

If u tell am Monetary policy, he go reply... u mean "money por Police fifu"

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by RexTramadol1: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Nigeria is indeed dead.

If people do not understand that economic Depression is a real phenomenon. You're saying it's sarcasm. Smh.

You will agree with me that Buhari plunged the country into recession with his policies, it didn't get worsened to the level of calling it economic depression, even in economics it's distinct

But the writer in his own way of writing portends the depression as an aftermath of recession except he states otherwise

You are in no position to interprete on his behalf.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Smithwilliams826: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2019
He no dey chop rice? Or which rice hin dey chop self.
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by sapientia(m): 11:46am On Aug 15, 2019
People that knows this said its wrong.

You guys are still defending incompetency.
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by colestephan86: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2019
LegendVibes:
President Muhammadu Buhari says the directive to the Central Bank of Nigeria to stop providing foreign exchange for food importation was to improve agricultural production and attain full food security.

Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s spokesman in a statement, said Buhari stated this when he hosted All Progressives Congress (APC) governors to Eid-el-Kabir lunch at his country home in Daura, Katsina state on Tuesday.

According to the president, the foreign reserve will be used strictly for diversification of the economy and not for encouraging more dependence on foreign food.

“Don’t give a cent to anybody to import food into the country,’’ he said.

The President noted that some states like Kebbi, Ogun, Lagos, Jigawa, Ebonyi and Kano had taken advantage of the Federal Government’s policy on agriculture with huge returns in rice farming.

He, therefore, urged more states to plug into the ongoing revolution to feed the nation.

“We have achieved food security, and for physical security we are not doing badly,’’ he said.

Buhari said he was particularly delighted that young Nigerians, including graduates, had started exploring agric-business and entrepreneurship, with many posting testimonies of good returns on their investments, Igbere TV reports.

He said the incoming ministers would be guided to meet the targets of the APC-led government for the people.

The president added that regular monitoring of their performances and scaling up of targets would be done by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

Buhari gave the assurance of attending the Presidential Policy Retreat organized for the ministers by the OSFG.

He insisted on compliance with laid down targets on key sectors of the economy that would directly impact on the livelihood of Nigerians.

In his remarks, the Chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum, Gov. Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti, said the President’s sense of justice and fairness had been inspiring to governors.

He said the challenges faced by states “were enormous”, but the governors had remained undaunted, assuring the President of strong support and “the very best effort” to overcome the obstacles.

The Chairman of the Progressive Governors Forum, Gov. Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi, appreciated the President for the unique leadership style of maintaining a healthy relationship with governors on individual and collective basis.

He stressed that they had been “energized’’ to do more in their states.

The governor commended the President for making bold and courageous efforts to reposition the economy for majority of Nigerians through inclusive policies.

“The country is more secure than in 2015, and the country is more prosperous than in 2015 because you are working for the majority of the people,” he added.

Bagudu said the party had been repositioned, after the 2019 elections, to work for the benefit of the majority of Nigerians, noting that “there will two elections this year and we need to work towards winning the two states.”

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/900027/just-in-why-i-ordered-cbn-to-stop-forex-for-food-import-president-buhari/

L
With the response I see on this thread , I confirm today that many Nigerian youths are truly empty handed and mentally lazy.
FYI there was a time in this country when yoghurts were imported into this country but today the best and real yoghurt products in this country are locally made.
I see someone said , the president doesn't have the right to tell CBN what to do. Very funny!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by ahmg001(m): 11:50am On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:

You willingly came to a social media platform to expose your lack of know-how.

Constitutional right kor, complimentary card ni.

He has no constitutional right to order the CBN,the CBN as an institution is meant to be an autonomous one in terms of making monetary policies.Its like Trump ordering the federal reserves to do his bidding...In as much as the intention of the president is good,it must be done rightly, not in such a way that it will make our already weak institutions,weaker

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by fortran12: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2019
Business people are seeing opportunity other people are seeing chance to abuse the president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by shomutuski(m): 11:51am On Aug 15, 2019
nototribalist:
Blodmman
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by adecz: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2019
angry angry angry angry

The olodoness continues, while
Nigerians pay the for his lack of education
with suffering....

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by lekonso: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2019
I'm afraid how the youths in this country think. I'm not a fan of Buhari, but this time he is very right. How can we be spending our scarce forex on importing foods we can grow at home. Can't you people think, necessity they say is the mother of invention. If Nigerians cannot grow her foods then let them starve. If you can make your food at home at cheaper cost why spending your scarce money to buy food outside, this is simple logic.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by realbest(m): 11:57am On Aug 15, 2019
nototribalist:
Then you are ignorant of the constitutional powers of Mr President. Stark illiterate like you with dumb mind .

1 Like

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Lovelive: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:
Why blocking a way when you have not created new ones.

Same policy that led us into recession...
Dat is d real point

Thank you Sir
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by lekonso: 11:59am On Aug 15, 2019
colestephan86:

With the response I see on this thread , I confirm today that many Nigerian youths are truly empty handed and mentally lazy.
FYI there was a time in this country when yoghurts were imported into this country but today the best and real yoghurt products in this country are locally made.
I see someone said , the president doesn't have the right to tell CBN what to do. Very funny!

Your head is very correct

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by ideylaff: 12:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
CoolAmbience:

You must be an illiterate to say this.

Is the CBN not under the presidency?

The laws binding the Central Bank makes it autonomous in its day to day running.... so there are boundaries the President cannot go beyond.... after he has appointed a CBN Governor....

Buhari and his handlers are playing ludo and monopoly with the affairs of the country.... Embarrassing themselves daily..

That was how you ban forex on 42 items when you came into office and plunged Nigeria into recession.

Now you want to ban forex on food and milk, then give people going to mecca excess dollar. Then give criminals billion dollars for importing fuel.

"Primarily, the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is the key regulatory body of the banking sector. ... The foremost laws governing the regulation of banks in Nigeria is the Banks and Other Financial Institutions Act (BOFIA) 1991 (As amended) and the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 2007."

[url]https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/%E2%80%98cbn-is-not-a-ministry%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-moghalu-hits-buhari-over-forex-order-%E2%80%93-olisa-tv.401179/[/url]

1 Like

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by airbrush: 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:
Why blocking a way when you have not created new ones.

Same policy that led us into recession...

if herder men Guns can not kill all these infidels in the south why not starve them to death
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Reptyle(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
nototribalist:

But when CBN takes economic decisions that fail, who do you hold responsible?
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Yankee101: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
And you wonder why foreign investments have dried up
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by GMbuharii: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:

Stop yarning opata.. He was supposed to write reccession..

Nobody is above mistakes Oga instead of trying to be half clever

Sifia pains lolsssssss

grin grin
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by sapele914(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
nototribalist:
He has jurisdiction,giving forex to import food produce is not a statutory provision of The Central Bank of Nigeria,but a Government policy,that can be withdrawn promptly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by SoNature(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
Barondenigeria:

I think you could have passed your message meaningfully without having to call him a terrorist undecided
Just saying though

Don't you think that a politician that Boko Haram once named as their chief negotiator could be sponsoring a faction of the dreaded Islamic terror group?
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by ideylaff: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
Reptyle:

But when CBN takes economic decisions that fail, who do you hold responsible?

Its just plain simple ....Article 1(3) of the CBN Act 2007 states ‘In order to facilitate the achievement of its mandate under this Act…the Bank shall be an independent body in the discharge of its functions,”

He can speak and delibrate but not give orders simple....

1 Like

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by Lovelive: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
Barondenigeria:

I think you could have passed your message meaningfully without having to call him a terrorist undecided
Just saying though

Okayyyy you mean others can be baptised "terror*sts" abi?
You call IPOB "terrorists", The opp Muslims "terrorists", Omoyele "terroristkid".

Who is [fully] Fooly who ?
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by SolexOlenin(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
LazyGold:
Buhari is doing this with good intention but he need good advisor to know what is really best for Nigeria

Power of competency. Will he understand he is not able to lead?
Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by sapele914(m): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
ideylaff:

Its just plain simple ....Article 1(3) of the CBN Act 2007 states ‘In order to facilitate the achievement of its mandate under this Act…the Bank shall be an independent body in the discharge of its functions,”

He can speak and delibrate but not give orders simple....
Article 1(3) of the CBN Act 2007 states ‘In order to facilitate the achievement of its mandate under this Act…the Bank shall be an independent body in the discharge of its functions,” but not independent on the formation of policy,which is included in the Exclusive Legislative list,which is within the purview of The Federal Government.

Or can The Central Bank of Nigeria,just go and print money without the approval of the Federal Government?,what President Buhari gave is an executive order,any food importer that takes offense should challenge it at any Federal High Court,which they will definitely lose.

Maybe what you meant to say,is that the Federal Government cannot interfere with decisions made by The Monetary Policy Committee,i.e.,(interest rate).

Anyway who owns the money held at the Central Bank?i believe the Federal Government is the owner of the money,because if I recollect clearly,no one questioned jonathan why he gave dasuki to access the kind of money he did from the Central Bank without permission from who?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: “Why I Ordered CBN To Stop Forex For Food Import” by sapele914(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
SolexOlenin:

Power of competency. Will he understand he is not able to lead?
Lazy minded people,that refuse to fend for themselves,Mr President & Nigeria owes you nothing,charity they say begins at home,look more inward to your parents,they are probably the cause of your state of being?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Represents Buhari In Niger Republic - Photos / Hisbah: The Poor Man’s Police / Buhari To Debate Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.