Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:57 PM

Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (62260 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by SilasNwude: 8:52am On Aug 17, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:
Mwhy do people prefer brand new cars to Tokunbo?
[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Revolva(m): 8:53am On Aug 17, 2019
Single girls are easy to bang many have gone tru a lot from doing olosho to feed their children

Till where they get themselves many are still hustling somehow depending on men
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by MJBOLT: 8:55am On Aug 17, 2019
feminists want the privileges of men but not the responsibilities of men.

Michellekabod2:
wrong!
Feminist want women to be what they want to be.
They don't diss virgins, because it's not their business what women want to do with their bodies.
Feminist destroy patriarchy not feminity...

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Od1n: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2019
They are not "scared". They only have better options.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by freethinker01: 9:01am On Aug 17, 2019
Michellekabod2:
wrong!
Feminist want women to be what they want to be.
They don't diss virgins, because it's not their business what women want to do with their bodies.
Feminist destroy patriarchy not feminity...

I think you need to know what feminism really stands for. Feminism destroys feminine nature, not only patriarchy, it is selfish.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by onlinetomola(m): 9:09am On Aug 17, 2019
betterpikinn:

If the baby daddy is still alive, then it's a pity that you are dating a wasted cúnt.

Why date a live leftover?

lol...you no go fit understand grin
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2019
Chukapage:
I don't know it nobody makes any excuses for irresponsible men infact they're heavily criticized here in Nigeria society condemns them too the only problem is the weak laws and judiciaries in Nigeria to enforce child support but would you blame them? Even the president disobeys court orders.

well you have a point on the weak laws
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:13am On Aug 17, 2019
egbaguy2:
Married to one.....she has been the best thing to av happened to me.

That is nice
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Abesodiq(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2019
ubunja:
stop rewarding women who have failed. You're discouraging those women who are making an effort to stay on the straight narrow path.

If you reward hoes everyone will be a hoe.
Are you saying all single mothers got it wrong the first time? I pray non of your siblings meet the wrong guy!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:17am On Aug 17, 2019
Chukapage:
bro those men had their choices, they are not us we are not them.They are Americans in the American society were talking of Nigeria !Nigeria! .you and I know that our society is not yet matured enough for young men to be taking that kind of risk .with the level of manipulation, pretense and infidelity in the Nigerian society a single mother affair is Risky very risky the worst starts when the child na boy sef.

you have a point
about the Nigerian society and the manipulations

I can agree
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by holocron: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2019
yazga:
You are still young, and do not understand life yet

There's nothing wrong or young about the poster. A single mom by definition is a mother raising a child by herself alone, not just a woman who has a child but of which said child is under upkeep or being reared by the woman's parents or near relatives, or even by the child's father. Except such a woman is gotten very early in age and goes ahead to have many more children for the man, such a man will be in a losing relationship because women naturally care about their offspring and does not give a damn about their romantic partner. She will frustrate your ambitions to co-parent the child with her, especially when you attempt any manly discipline. At the end of the day, the real father will show and lay claims on the now matured product of your sweat and you will be the loser.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2019
MJBOLT:

Very so and very selfish confused combination.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Ugosample(m): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2019
AreaFada2:
Well, it's best to know oneself and do what one really wants to do genuinely.

To date a single mother, one must be ready to play a "fatherly" role in the lives of her kids.

If one is not ready or willing to play that role, no need dating her. It's bad for everyone. It can bring instability to the lives of the kids when they break up. And that cycle may repeat itself over and over again.

It's a serious matter involving young lives and nobody should be "shamed" or " blackmailed" into dating single moms or dads if they are not ready to.

The current economic situation is not encouraging either. cheesy grin grin

exactly
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Advancedman(m): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2019
Kazeemakeem:

For me single mum are the best,they must have learn from past experience
You would soon find out why the first man japa

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by AstroG: 9:32am On Aug 17, 2019
Who is this oneundecided undecided

joyfullyjoyous:
Love conquers all including status.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by princfred(m): 9:33am On Aug 17, 2019
Advancedman:

You would soon find out why the first man japa
Lol which kind bad wish be this? Is it not better to pray that the woman has improved so the man loves in paradise forever?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 17, 2019
MJBOLT:

Wannabe feminist not feminist
..ignore the rants of some Nlander so called feminist
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by mrdino(m): 9:37am On Aug 17, 2019
onlinetomola:

I am dating one and I love her... Nothing is wrong with that.
It is easy to date a woman, to marry her is the main thing. Do you hope to marry her?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2019
Chukapage:
you are just beating around the bush and changing goal post we are talking of baggages that comes with single moms not bad things that happen in marriage.
m trying to point out that it is a win-win...why women do some stuff like leaving their husbands when he loses his job and he will not do likewise if she loses her job, women will not leave when he cheats,but he will leave....
Using it to cite an example that men aren't the only victilms in marriage
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2019
sylve11:

you and Ubanja na the real men! cool
I am not at his level... He plays in the UCL, I am just a Ligue 1 material grin
Seriously, we should face the truth!! No man should bear the brunt for another man wrongdoings!!
The emotional and financial baggages is not fair on a young ambitious man!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 17, 2019
Jiang:

Because I want you to Feel inferior & make myself feel superior.

shebi that's what you wanted to hear cheesy

Women like you are extremely toxic, can't mind thier own business & always trying to discourage others. YES, AM 100% SURE you are a woman, very frustrated one too( Soo sad) wish I could help

May the peace of God be with you. You really need it.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Omonigeriarere: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2019
cooooooks:
There's nothing wrong in being a single mother and there's nothing wrong in dating or marrying one.

However, don't expect them to be more mature or experienced or understanding. Treat them like as though they were single and not yet mothers.
[s]
Furthermore, you have to consider their kid(s). You should be ready to take care of them as though they were yours.[/s]

I always laugh codedly whenever a single mother in my environment is giving me green lights; how can a young guy like me with rigorous and meticulous financial planning engage a single mother with the gift of only four children?

I saw that factor as a means of leakage that could not be blocked irrespective of how many attempt.

Single mother who wants a better life should double their hustlings; boys are not smiling.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by paix(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2019
You go dey suffer indirectly dey train another man pikin.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2019
frozen70:

Was the bachelor blind that he left single ladies and went for single mothers ❓
Like I said, guys should not be carried away by the sweet and peaceful love that single mother offer during dating stage.. Single Mothers are the best at this.. They know what must be done to make you comfortable and to make you rate them higher than younger ladies.. Hence, Marriage

Guys, don't fall victim of emotional and financial baggages!!!!
Never marry a lady you don't make a woman!!!

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:04am On Aug 17, 2019
eni4real:
Like I said, guys should not be carried away by the sweet and peaceful love that single mother offer during dating stage.. Single Mothers are the best at this.. They know what must be done to make you comfortable and to make you rate them higher than younger ladies.. Hence, Marriage

Guys, don't fall victim of emotional and financial baggages!!!!
Never marry a lady you don't make a woman!!!
... Exactly bro. And once a man gives in to there manipulations and deceit, they term you a real man just to massage your ego and keep you permanently as a maga.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
... Exactly bro. And once a man gives in to there manipulations and deceit, they term you a real man just to massage your ego and keep you permanently as a maga.
She don conquer the guy be dat grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Drumzj(m): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2019
the experience I had and see marrying a single mother made me scared of dating single mother..imagine marrying a single mother and train her daughter to a marriage age and eventually the real father came out to sit and collect the bride price while the man that train the lady was not even invited on the lady wedding ceremony's....

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by DLekan(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2019
Depend on the single mother
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by Jfyzee: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2019
[quote author=Chukapage post=81326639][/quote]

Don't have the luxury time for you any more since you're a saint and one who don't make bad decision.

Know that you're not the creator of life neither do you determine who to meet who in life journey. Mind you, Jesus always spoke in parables when he needs to illustrate and clarify certain things to the Pharisees, the reason you heard that of Joseph and Mary in the illustration.

Anyway, don't expect you to understand as you're just like the pharisee who judge by what they see.

Goodluck son and God bless
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by ashantitope: 10:20am On Aug 17, 2019
Mastalo:
It is only weak, frustrated, poor old guys that goes after evening newspaper because the fresh younger girls are too beautiful for them and they will feel insecure around them claiming immaturity while those young succulent girls are more matured in mind than them.

Many of them will now think it's all about money to get the young girls but it's not.

They will do anything to please the young girls but they are not into them, do you know why; because you are not attractive to her.

They will now go and settled for the old tired Mamas. (Second hand)

Guys, dress Sharp, don't just wear trouser and shirt, dress SHARP!

Girls will be fighting to have you.

That not true there's alot of girls out there that they are single mother and so beautiful that this young girls you called them being single mother is not a barrier and most of them were innocent when they got pregnant and now they have learn there lesson and they move on life see this small girls that they can do anything just to get iPhone and fashion come to lekki or ajah here come and see them in the name of money they can Fu!!k 4guys so far u are ready to pay them in ajah here all the holtel here u can not see a girls of 28 year there they are all range of 17-26 and they are still single
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by jinka(m): 10:25am On Aug 17, 2019
Myde4naija:
i got married to one and I appreciate hell fire than her.

pls share your experience
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? by pansophist(m): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2019
This thread really exposed the hypocrisy in women. Somehow, these women think it is okay to saddle a promising man with a single mom, but refuse to acknowledge the opinion from the male contributors, that single moms and single dads fit themselves perfectly.

Also, dismissing all the challenges that a man will experience dating a single mom with statements like, ''if they love each other'' etc, like really? How does love prevent the baby daddy from showing up and causing trouble? how does love rewire her sexual imprint to her new partner? how will love make the child accept the young man as his father? how will love prevent his innocent actions, such as scolding the child not to be interpreted as hate? How about the risk associated with raising up a kid that will never love you, or see you as a father?

In a romantic context, ''Love'' is the most abused word and a go-to convenience for irresponsible people without any shred of accountability in them. If we turn the table around and ask these women if they will marry a divorced single dad with kids and broke, I can bet my life that they will all flee, and even if they said yes, its virtue-signaling. They won't allow their sons, or brothers to do the same, but somehow, wants to guilt-trip young ambitious men to be with one. The only exemption that I will not be against a young man going for a single mom is if the baby dad is deceased, and even at that, he must have been a responsible man prior to passing away. Her previous partner is the evidence to judge her standards and the life choice she made, which is crucial in determining if she is worthy of a ring.

No man should save any woman. If you mess up with your life, you should bear the consequences that come with it. Special thanks to Ubunja, boss13, franchasng and other contributors for the dose of common sense.

31 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

If Your Girlfriend Had A Past Like This, Would You Still Marry Her? (Photo) / Lady Marries Lawyer Of Her Boyfriend Who Shot Her Sugar Daddy Dead / Why I Will Never Visit A Man In His House Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.