Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank (315 Views)

Is There A Reason As To Why A Bank Should Ask This Question? / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / Why I Lost My Job At An Airtel Shop Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank by drightguy(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hello guys,
Recently after resigning from a micro finance bank I started plans to open a laundry business here in my area. The idea came when I found out that in the full area there is no laundry man here. Paid for 1year store rent and about to start up the shop when I got a teller job in a bank and it will require me to relocate. Please guys should take the job or continue with my personal business?
Note the salary is around 55k monthly and it's a contract job
Re: A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank by Pearl05(f): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2019
Please build your business. Bank job doesn't have guarantee talk more when it's contract staff.

1 Like

Re: A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank by drightguy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
Pearl05:
Please build your business. Bank job doesn't have guarantee talk more when it's contract staff.

Thanks so much
Re: A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank by katlord(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
drightguy:
Hello guys,
Recently after resigning from a micro finance bank I started plans to open a laundry business here in my area. The idea came when I found out that in the full area there is no laundry man here. Paid for 1year store rent and about to start up the shop when I got a teller job in a bank and it will require me to relocate. Please guys should take the job or continue with my personal business?
Note the salary is around 55k monthly and it's a contract job

Name of the bank pls
Meanwhile , develope that Biz and forgo that bank stuff. 40k(I know you'll have more as time goes on) from ur Biz is enough to save all the drama inherent in bank job

1 Like

Re: A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
Most people will tell you to stick to your business, but if I were you, I would do differently.

Firstly, you're a contract staff, not so fare, but contract staffs do become permanent employees. Having said that, the job will give you a network. New banker friends, open doors to meeting new people you never can tell what impact they'd add to your life. At times, you build capacity by staying on a job that doesn't pay so well.

I have a friend that's into this laundry business. From her book-keeping record, there are days she makes above 15k, while there are days she makes nothing. Using your salary as a benchmark, she makes over that a month since the business is still new. Running expenses not inclusive.

What I would do differently if I were you.
1. Take up the job to build capacity.
2. Start up the business in my new location. 3. Get someone to run it while I supervise when I can and get my co-bankers to patronize me.
Re: A Personal Laundry Business Or Entry Level Job At A Bank by drightguy(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Most people will tell you to stick to your business, but if I were you, I would do differently.

Firstly, you're a contract staff, not so fare, but contract staffs do become permanent employees. Having said that, the job will give you a network. New banker friends, open doors to meeting new people you never can tell what impact they'd add to your life. At times, you build capacity by staying on a job that doesn't pay so well.

I have a friend that's into this laundry business. From her book-keeping record, there are days she makes above 15k, while there are days she makes nothing. Using your salary as a benchmark, she makes over that a month since the business is still new. Running expenses not inclusive.

What I would do differently if I were you.
1. Take up the job to build capacity.
2. Start up the business in my new location. 3. Get someone to run it while I supervise when I can and get my co-bankers to patronize me.

Your point is very good also.

(1) (Reply)

Cross Site Scripting Exploit (basic) Workshop / Job Interview / Boost Sales And Get High ROI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.