Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,484 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Liverpool Forward Mohammed Salah Has Disagreed With Pep Guardiola's Claims That - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Forward Mohammed Salah Has Disagreed With Pep Guardiola's Claims That (327 Views)

Salah Has 4 Yellow Cards In His EPL Career, 3 Of Them For Taking His Shirt Off / Photos Of Mohammed Salah Working Very Hard To See That He Starts Egypt 1st Game / Mohammed Salah Arrives Russia For World Cup (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Forward Mohammed Salah Has Disagreed With Pep Guardiola's Claims That by Luckyziakegha: 4:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
Mohamed Salah has reacted to Pep Guardiola's cases that winning the Premier League is most significant each season, rather guaranteeing that the Champions League is the trophy everybody needs to win.

Salah and his Liverpool colleagues ended up as the winner in Europe last season, winning the club's 6th European Cup with triumph over Tottenham in the final in Madrid.

Guardiola, in the interim, guided Manchester City to an exceptional local treble in England yet missed the mark in the Champions League as his side were thumped out by Spurs in the quarter-finals.

In spite of being generally viewed as his age's best mentor, the Catalan has not won the landmass' greatest prize since 2011 with Barcelona, with City having not made it past the last-eight since his landing in the Etihad Stadium in 2016.

Upon that destruction to Tottenham in April, Guardiola asserted that achievement locally implied more than in Europe, saying: "The Champions League is seven games, you can win the Champions League yet the group is each three days around the same time.

"I'm grieved however it's significantly more significant what these folks have done the entire season."

In any case, Salah, who scored the opener in June's final at the Wanda Metropolitano from the punishment spot, does not concur with the City manager and feels that the two of them would pick the Champions League given the alternative among that and winning the Premier League.

"Truly, I didn't realize that he [Guardiola] said that, yet I think in the event that you give him a decision to pick which one, he would pick the Champions League," Salah told CNN.

"That is my assessment. I'm not discussing him, yet my conclusion. It's the greatest challenge in football, so everybody needs to win it.

"Each mentor, each player needs to win it, longs for winning it. In this way, obviously, the Premier League likewise is something important, yet at the same time the Champions League is the greatest challenge."

On winning the trophy itself he included: "It's a fantasy for everybody, the city, the players, to win a Champions League is something so incredible and something important.

https://news1960.fun/2019/08/15/liverpool-forward-mohammed-salah-has-disagreed-with-pep-guardiolas-claims-that-premier-league-is-the-most-important-trophy/

Re: Liverpool Forward Mohammed Salah Has Disagreed With Pep Guardiola's Claims That by Kingosytex(m): 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2019
cheesy Fraudiola is just pained and envious. I wonder why he is yet to produce another "Messi" who would give him another CL. In fraudiola's attempt to defend his inability to land the CL in Bayern and City he resorted to throwing tantrums. Fraudiola couldn't take a treble winning Bayern to the finals, he only won the league that the Bavarians have been winning and will continue to win. Pellegrini took City to the semi final even without spending one-tenth of what the fraud spent.

Fraudiola doesn't know football better than UEFA and FIFA who rate the CL higher than the league titles. The fraud is still pained that none of his players made the FIFA best list. Somebody should tell fraudiola that CL is bigger than league titles...Make liga start tomorrow sef make person begin watch beta ball.
Re: Liverpool Forward Mohammed Salah Has Disagreed With Pep Guardiola's Claims That by 40secondsMan: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2019
Booked ...
Re: Liverpool Forward Mohammed Salah Has Disagreed With Pep Guardiola's Claims That by LearnITsmash(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
I'm a man City fan and I believe we are the best team in Europe and it does not matter if we win the champions league, we are better off with other titles every other season, Liversoup can keep the champions league grin
Re: Liverpool Forward Mohammed Salah Has Disagreed With Pep Guardiola's Claims That by spyg1(m): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
When you're not presentable, you say girls are ashawos, you criticize them. Same to Pep, UCL is easy but you won it only once in your life

(1) (Reply)

Robin Van Persie Reveals His Favourite Arsenal Moment And It's A Champions Leag / Nigeria D'tigress Wins Historic Fourth FIBA Afrobasket (60-55) Against Senegal / Wilfred Ndidi Explains How He Balances Life At University & Playing For Leiceste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.