Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment (16753 Views)

"Having Sex 21 Times A Month With Wife Or Side Chic Prevents Prostrate Cancer" / Sexual Intercourse, Not Masturbation Could Help Prevent Prostrate Cancer / Akwa Ibom Hospital Makes Breakthrough On Brain, Open Heart Surgery... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Alfaab: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
August 15, 2019 3:29 am0

Adibe Emenyonu in Benin City

A Medical Consultant and Radiation Oncologist in Benin City, the Edo State capital, Dr. Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi has made a major breakthrough in the treatment of the dreaded prostrate cancer.

Following the breakthrough, some medical experts said the illness was now a common thing in the hands of Adeyemi since his discovery of the tested ‘Brachytherapy (implant) treatment for prostrate cancer.

Speaking with journalists after performing a round of treatment on some patients at the LA Oncology Clinic, Benin City, Adeyemi said the disease was the commonest cancer ailment amongst men, noting that one out of every seven men was likely to develop it.

The prostrate cancer treatment expert disclosed that prostrate brachytherapy was a unique form of treating the disease, especially as the new treatment was not only affordable but less time consuming.

“Although, there are other options of treating prostrate cancer, the Brachytherapy method is unique, accurate and offers high degree of cure to the patient with prostrate cancer, especially when it is done at the early stage of the disease.

“In this discovery of mine, what we do is to implant a radioactive inside the prostrate and begin to release radiations which ended up killing the cells. It damages what we call DNA and when DNA is damaged, the cells cannot actually produce any longer.”

Speaking on behalf of the President, Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), second Vice President, Dr. Ofene Enang commended Adeyemi for the breakthrough, saying the association will continue to support such initiative.

While describing the radiation brachytherapy as new form of therapy in the treatment of prostrate cancer, Enang said NMA was at the forefront of canvassing for reversal of medical tourism in the country.

Earlier, a US based oncologist, Dr. Maghari, Rachid described the breakthrough as a blessing to Nigerians, adding that it will discourage the idea of travelling abroad for prostrate treatment.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/08/15/nigerian-doctor-makes-medical-breakthrough-in-prostrate-cancer-treatment/

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by babyfaceafrica: 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
nice work

8 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Ritchiee: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
Alfaab:

August 15, 2019 3:29 am0

Cancer
Adibe Emenyonu in Benin City

A Medical Consultant and Radiation Oncologist in Benin City, the Edo State capital, Dr. Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi has made a major breakthrough in the treatment of the dreaded prostrate cancer.

Following the breakthrough, some medical experts said the illness was now a common thing in the hands of Adeyemi since his discovery of the tested ‘Brachytherapy (implant) treatment for prostrate cancer.

Speaking with journalists after performing a round of treatment on some patients at the LA Oncology Clinic, Benin City, Adeyemi said the disease was the commonest cancer ailment amongst men, noting that one out of every seven men was likely to develop it.

The prostrate cancer treatment expert disclosed that prostrate brachytherapy was a unique form of treating the disease, especially as the new treatment was not only affordable but less time consuming.

“Although, there are other options of treating prostrate cancer, the Brachytherapy method is unique, accurate and offers high degree of cure to the patient with prostrate cancer, especially when it is done at the early stage of the disease.

“In this discovery of mine, what we do is to implant a radioactive inside the prostrate and begin to release radiations which ended up killing the cells. It damages what we call DNA and when DNA is damaged, the cells cannot actually produce any longer.”

Speaking on behalf of the President, Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), second Vice President, Dr. Ofene Enang commended Adeyemi for the breakthrough, saying the association will continue to support such initiative.

While describing the radiation brachytherapy as new form of therapy in the treatment of prostrate cancer, Enang said NMA was at the forefront of canvassing for reversal of medical tourism in the country.

Earlier, a US based oncologist, Dr. Maghari, Rachid described the breakthrough as a blessing to Nigerians, adding that it will discourage the idea of travelling abroad for prostrate treatment.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/08/15/nigerian-doctor-makes-medical-breakthrough-in-prostrate-cancer-treatment/

Nigerians have been making positive impacts in the medicines.There is no need for the wasteful foreign medical trips when we have some of the best in the world.It is up to our leaders.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by FarahAideed: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
Radiation can never be a cure for any cancer .. Brachytherapy implant radiation therapy has been around for ages so why is he claiming to own it .

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by doctokwus: 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2019
FarahAideed:
Radiation can never be a cure for any cancer .. Brachytherapy implant radiation therapy has been around for ages so why is he claiming to own it .
Up to a century old infact.
I don't think the Dr actually ascribed the innovation to himself because he knows aside not being true,it would make a mockery of his professional credentials.
I feel it's the average Nigerian journalist that wrote the report,as is common with some of them in Nigeria,that are more or less glorified bloggers;they don't read and don't research,despite the riches of the internet.They just write a report and conjure all types of fallacies,assumptions and figures and pass it on as fact.
The Dr cannot be that foolish to claim discovery of brachytherapy

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Ritchiee: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
FarahAideed:

##

Earlier, a US based oncologist, Dr. Maghari, Rachid described the breakthrough as a blessing to Nigerians, adding that it will discourage the idea of travelling abroad for prostrate treatment
##

I am looking at what he said here.
Even some of his colleagues,infact experts,are commending the breakthrough.

Lalasticlala,mynd44,Seun etc

Let us hear from the experts...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by FarahAideed: 9:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
Ritchiee:

##

Earlier, a US based oncologist, Dr. Maghari, Rachid described the breakthrough as a blessing to Nigerians, adding that it will discourage the idea of travelling abroad for prostrate treatment
##

I am looking at what he said here.
Even some of his colleagues,infact experts,are commending the breakthrough.

Lalasticlala,mynd44,Seun etc

Let us hear from the experts...

Nothing hear from any expert here , like doctorwus said the therapy is almost a 100 years old and it's possible an overzealous Nigerian journalist didn't understand the good doctor when he said he was the first to implement it in Edo state maybe .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjReGpA-_4

3 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Ritchiee: 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2019
[sup][/sup]
FarahAideed:

Nothing hear from any expert here , like doctorwus said the therapy is almost a 100 years old and it's possible an overzealous Nigerian journalist didn't understand the good doctor when he said he was the first to implement it in Edo state maybe .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjReGpA-_4
I think this is his dscovery in these sentences...

##
“In this discovery of mine, what we do is to implant a radioactive inside the prostrate and begin to release radiations which ended up killing the cells. It damages what we call DNA and when DNA is damaged, the cells cannot actually produce any longer.##

Or....maybe it is a breakthrough only in Nigeria here.

8 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Lamasta(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2019
I commend the doctor for the breakthrough and I pray for more of it cos negative news is just too much recently cool

Me as an Industrial Chemist I no fit support anything radiation inside my body kai its a no no

1 Like

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by chinavs9ja(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2019
cheesy

I am a professional website developer and designer...check my signature
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by kikelomo7430: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2019
g
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Olodo blogger. He didn't discover it. No photo of the Doctor or clinic sef

4 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Lexusgs430: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Till the western world takes him away and offers him prostrate watering deals............
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Destroying DNA sounds scary.

2 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Dreambeat: 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
Not new.Brachytherapy has always been one of the treatment modalities for Ca Prostate.

2 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by hisexcellency34: 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
Afonja amaka

2 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by EkunKekere: 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
grin
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Toscarel: 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
I remember the obscene amount the present
administration put into the aso rock clinic but at the slightest head, the tourist president jet out for a medical tour, if only those looters at the top put half of what they announced into building a world class medical institute for research and development the kind of breakthroughs that would have been coming out of Nigeria would have no limits

African presidents would be visiting this country for medical check ups but that would never happen because our so called change and next level is rather taking us through a negative change and next level back wards but still have miscreants hailing them even on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Four4Clien(m): 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nigerians are really making giant strides.

Promo! for 8k only, get your website blog. to contact, see red writing below[my signature]
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Zamo11: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
una dey try our doctors
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nice one
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by ikombe: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
Contact me for your Gym and Exercise equipment both Home and Commercial Use

check my signature and profile for more info.

Delivery Within Lagos. Waybill outside lagos.
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by Deejaygold(m): 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2019
Zielle:
Olodo blogger. He didn't discover it. No photo of my Doctor or clinic sef

School dropout blogger cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by mimilogistics: 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2019
Great news
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by loadedvibes: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
Story
Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by paparazzi1987(m): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
God bless the Afonjas
God bless Nigeria
God bless the brown skin race

1 Like

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by paparazzi1987(m): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
We will get to the promise land by God grace. Barkah jumat to my muslim brothers and sisters

1 Like

Re: Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment by SoNature(m): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2019
Nice one, Dr. Yemi.

The doctor should be protected because of evil people

Nigeria is home to evil and jealous people.

The doctor may think that the colleagues are happy but they would planning evil plot against the dr

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Test To Know You Have Trypophobia - Graphic Content / Graduate Found Dead After Recovering From Mental Problem / FG Orders Investigation Of Claims To HIV Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.