Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

How I Got Infected With HIV - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Got Infected With HIV (91230 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by daveson2020(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Proof pls
Inbox me through Facebook, Henry Davidson
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by shege45: 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
Palehair:

You are definitely right, i first considered it when I was diagnosed but I was fully switched to exam mode, so I postponed it to after exams but now we are on vacation so it will be done at the dawn of a new semester, but where do i start?, i'm just 18 and that was my 100l, i haven't even told my parents yet and don't plan on doing so because the judgment and ignorance from both of them will be worse than the virus itself but if I do it, i'm not only fighting for people he must have infected in the past due to minor arguments but also for those who may be at risk of him infecting them in the future, he blocked and l deleted me on all social media platforms except for Like(it's similar to Instagram),I sent him a dm telling him I don't want to hold any grudge or hate or anger towards him and enumerating the consequences of what he did but he also blocked me on that too
have u been confirmed positive in the lab?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by coleB(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
uuzba:

Don't have sex before marriage.
Do not do it.

If you like a girl, promise marriage. Inform the family, do courtship.
You will be directed to do blood test, genotype test.
All these are done by serious people about to marry.
If you doing guy because of HIV, blood test, what about genotype AA, AS stuff? You born a child that is SS by mistake. This is sickle cell. The child will be sick his whole life. All because you refused to do blood test.
I have a friend that died of SS. I have a 42year old cousin having SS.
That one is still manageable. Nobody has AIDS in my whole family, father and mother's side, cousins, me and my kids.

You will have sex the rest of your life with your wife. JUST WAIT and do all the steps properly.
Human being grows from baby to adult to old age.
Your parents had you when they had their sex.
You now don't want another baby to have his chance by using contraceptive to BLOCK the formation of baby
If they BLOCK the way to heaven after death, will you like it?
This is why contraception is also wrong. Stop blocking the formation of a baby. Let the baby enter this world
When you too die, your way to heaven will not be blocked. Or you think God cannot block the way also?
If you aren't ready for a baby, THEN DON'T have sex.

Now you have got Aids, who's fault is it?
Your fault.

it's very clear you don't know the difference between HIV and AIDS. the internet is a body of knowledge.browse and nourish urself and be updated

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
shege45:
have u been confirmed positive in the lab?
Yeah
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Neddstark: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
cocococo:

I sent you a PM. I want like to chat you to know how your body reacted to the PEP drugs. I finished my PEP 2 weeks ago. My babe tested positive 6 weeks ago. There was an exposure that same day before the test. We actually did the test in my house because I had the HIV strips. We repeated the tests in the hospital that day, and she turned out to still be positive while I was negative. I used protection during the exposure, but there were other risky activities, coupled with the fact I had a cut on my finger which may have contacted her fluid. Also when we did the test, the environment was very bloody because of the nasty pricks we pricked ourselves trying to get out blood for the test. I didn’t wear a glove, and I could remember her trying to press my thumb to squeeze blood out of my thumb with probably her unclean hand because I took her blood first(how clumsy of me for not looking at the HIV test strip where I had placed her blood. If I had noticed her result was positive, I wouldn’t have even allowed her to hold a pin to prick me when she didn’t wash her hand). Well, after confirming her status at the hospital that same day, I received my PEP drugs the next day(as yours but, an Indian brand called Hetero; yours is Mylan from US I suppose). All through the 28 days, it wasn’t easy. I had severe anxiety. Having plenty HIV test strips in my house didn’t help either; I pricked my self countless number of times to release blood to check my status using the strips almost every 3 days. I finished my PEP after 28 days which was 2 weeks ago; a test that day came out negative. I did a test yesterday( 6 weeks after exposure) which also came out negative. But I know it is too premature to be jubilant. A test 3 months after the exposure (6 weeks from now) will give me a better reflection of my status. Meanwhile I had sore throats and running nose in the later half of my 28 days of my PEP. I even still have some mild sore throat, a feeling of internal heat up till now even though my temperature never goes above 37C, some goosebump-like rash on the centre of my chest, and persistent stooling. I developed these symptoms when I started the PEP drugs, and I felt they were side effects of the medication. It really worries me that I still have the symptoms 2 weeks after stopping the drugs. At this point, I have zeroed any optimism of remaining negative at the end of 3 months or 6 months after exposure. I’m tired of the anxiety. I will probably not do any more test until after 3 or even 6 months. What will be will be.

You probably dont have HIV. However anxiety is messing up your mind. In the meanwhile, dont do anything risky with your lady. Be there for her too. Anxiety of exposure to HIV can be crazy, made me go and do 2 tests within 2 months.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by tbabs10166(m): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
Palehair:

Yeah
I'm trying to imagine how you feel living with the virus, I know it's not easy carrying the stigma all about, but I guess you must be a very strong guy. Also have it in mind that there is nothing impossible for God to conquer. Keep praying and trust in God, and I can assure you, that virus will disappear from your body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
tbabs10166:
I'm trying to imagine how you feel living with the virus, I know it's not easy carrying the stigma all about, but I guess you must be a very strong guy. Also have it in mind that there is nothing impossible for God to conquer. Keep praying and trust in God, and I can assure you, that virus will disappear from your body.
Thank you very much but I live life pretty normal, it's no obstacle to my life and it's a secret, not even my parents know

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
Palehair:

You can't contact it by sharing the same toothbrush

It's a very fast means of transmission bro.. Viruses are just technically funny.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by tbabs10166(m): 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
Palehair:

Thank you very much but I live life pretty normal, it's no obstacle to my life and it's a secret, not even my parents know
nice one, just keep living your life to the fullest. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
tbabs10166:
nice one, just keep living your life to the fullest. Enjoy
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
stinflame:

It's a very fast means of transmission bro.. Viruses are just technically funny.
Just hearing that for the first time, they really are funny
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by cocococo: 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Neddstark:

You probably dont have HIV. However anxiety is messing up your mind. In the meanwhile, dont do anything risky with your lady. Be there for her too. Anxiety of exposure to HIV can be crazy, made me go and do 2 tests within 2 months.
Ok. Thanks.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 19, 2019
Goolge is your buddy
PrecisionFx:

How long should the romance last n also which n which things should I romance?
A kiss some girls are wet
A kiss on the neck
some others you have to squeeze their arse
Find out what work for the lady you are dating.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by tbabs10166(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2019
LillyVal:
lies
you're really sexy tho tongue
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2019
wink
tbabs10166:
you're really sexy tho tongue
10nks
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:16am On Aug 23, 2019
Palehair:

I'm +, just found out last month, I didn't get it through sex but from my heartless roommate whom I had a fight with, this guy stopped his medication for the virus to be back in his system just to get back at me, when I came back for second semester, I had forgotten about the fight, i don't even know how he infected me whether it was through my food or water but last month during holiday, he sent me a WhatsApp message and reminded me of the fight we had during first semester and that i'm +, i didn't take it as the end of the world because there are things worst than HIV, believe me worst things are out there a billion times worse than HIV, let this be a lesson to everyone, be careful who you offend, the idiot blocked me on WhatsApp and also my number, he was in his final year so we obviously won't see each other again, but I don't want to harbor any hate in my heart towards him, it's never a great way to leave, we are almost close to a cure, scientists just eliminated the virus in a lab rat for the first time this year, human trials are next

This story does not add up. Unless you are gay and were having sex with your room mate how could he have infected you ?

You are lying.

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by juman(m): 4:56am On Aug 23, 2019
Over sabi story.
He is dying before death actually comes.

He does not get hiv.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by akwunomy(m): 5:40am On Aug 23, 2019
Currently here...they have a drug that will make you to stay undetectable:

However...you do not need to worry about hiv...the fear is the only thing that kill you...
Take Colloidal silver in large quantity and you will thank me later: It is save to use and I have used it whenever I feel sick: It destroyed virus and boost your immune system:

Palehair:

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

This story does not add up. Unless you are gay and were having sex with your room mate how could he have infected you ?
I too am confused but it happens, who knows? He may have infected whatever i was eating or drinking, I still have no clue how he did it even I was surprised when he told me

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
akwunomy:
Currently here...they have a drug that will make you to stay undetectable:

However...you do not need to worry about hiv...the fear is the only thing that kill you...
Take Colloidal silver in large quantity and you will thank me later: It is save to use and I have used it whenever I feel sick: It destroyed virus and boost your immune system:

Can I get that at any nearby pharmacy?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Trendy247: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
IamaNigerianGuy:

90% of his comments here on Nairaland shows he's gay.. He probably fvcked the roommate or the roommate fvked him.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
Trendy247:

90% of his comments here on Nairaland shows he's gay.. He probably fvcked the roommate or the roommate fvked him.
i had to read his comments again. He’s gay. But if he knows his roommate is positive he won’t have allowed him bang him, so I am thinking the roommate didn’t tell him he’s + while they were banging. I no even know what to say again lol.
And pale hair. There’s no how your roommate will be stupid to stop his drug so his viral load will be high, as that might make him resistant to the drug, he sure knows this. This your story is one kind.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
Zornes123:
i had to read his comments again. He’s gay. But if he knows his roommate is positive he won’t have allowed him bang him, so I am thinking the roommate didn’t tell him he’s + while they were banging. I no even know what to say again lol.
And pale hair. There’s no how your roommate will be stupid to stop his drug so his viral load will be high, as that might make him resistant to the drug, he sure knows this. This your story is one kind.
Well, y'all believe what you want, i don't and won't argue

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by desoul2004(m): 6:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Palehair:

He told me he injected a soda he gave me with his blood and semen

This is pure fallacy. You know the truth about how you got infected. You're 100% gay. Why should you do something you're ashamed of. Please, don't infect other small small boys.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 24, 2019
desoul2004:

This is pure fallacy. You know the truth about how you got infected. You're 100% gay. Why should you do something you're ashamed of. Please, don't infect other small small boys.

You not far from the truth, tracing and doting the lines shows so.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 8:00am On Aug 24, 2019
desoul2004:

Lol, i won't argue with you, thanks for deciphering my sexuality even if you don't know me personally

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by FuckHomophobes: 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2019
OP, your ordeal is not new under the sun. Just pick up your life and move on but this time on a different course because you're now a different person. You're not alone in this as I believe there's going to be a cure soonest.

BTW , I wouldn't mind to have you as my friend , no strings attached. I'm not going to fuc.k you grin
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
Meel:

The hospital you went to, are to be blamed.

whenever someone is asked to do Hiv test, and he/ she test negative the logical thing is to ask to repeat the test again after 3 month.

Please check your result very well, the comment will be "Not reactive for Hiv 1 and 2 antigen". Hiv results don't come out as positive or negative.

Rapid diagnostic test kit are used for screening, ELISA method is for confirmatory. ( ELISA test results can be ready within 12 hrs if you can pay for it) . Please whr can 1 get this confirmatory test. But what the OP said is true. Many lab technicians no sabi all these things at all. Imagine one lab technician told my friend to do viral load test on week 10. Damn told her 22k for it.

Wishing you all the best.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Meel: 1:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
[quote author=Zornes123 post=81624226][/quote]

Viral load test, Cd4 count are performed on patients undergoing ART treatment. This is done to ascertain the no of virus presents or being eliminated, to know how responsive a patient is to the treatment.

For your Eliza test, kindly visit a teaching hospital or Federal medical Centre and explain what you want to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (32) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 4 New Cases In Lagos, Nigeria Confirmed By State Ministry Of Health / Stretch Marks Removal Procedure Goes Wrong, Lady Cries Out (Graphic Photo, Video / How Chinese Prevent Themselves And Their Pets From Catching Coronavirus(Pis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.