Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,499 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:34 PM

How I Got Infected With HIV - Health (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Got Infected With HIV (90437 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2020
Zornes123:
its not usually visible but can be felt. But with that your description I doubt yours is a node. Just quit touching it.hope you no longer feel hot inside.
Nah. Ive been on antibiotics and flagyl. So it has reduced. I feel better and I'm less worried bout the whole thing. Thanks for your concern though
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Suregiver48: 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2020
hidhrhis:
round lump you can move with your hand

On the neck or under the jaw?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by hidhrhis(m): 9:03pm On Feb 22, 2020
Suregiver48:

On the neck or under the jaw?
neck
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by oaroloye(m): 12:00am On Feb 23, 2020
MISHIGAS!

I felt like sharing so others will learn, this might also create awareness as I feel a lot isn’t done to educate people about the insidious HIV.

I will try to be as brief as possible. Sometime this year I had a fling with a girl, I have always been careful as to use protection when I ever I have sex, unluckily for me my condom broke, I realized this immediately and pulled out, got a new condom and continued, wasn’t up to three weeks or so I fell ill, malaria like symptoms and all, during that same time I started having some hiv symptoms like.

Had to go for a test it came out negative, this was around week 4 or so. Despite this test I knew I was positive, I just had the feeling I was, the doctors and lab attendants were just playing it down, no disrespect but most lab scientists here have really poor knowledge on HIV test kits and all.

fullofgrace:

Lab test negative and ur thought gave u positive.
Rush to another hospital to affirm the result. And do away with ur negative thought.

I THINK THAT THIS IS NOTHING BUT A TROLL-POST!

So now can you have Symptoms of AIDS a couple of months after a single exposure?

https://www.healthline.com/health/hiv-aids/early-signs-hiv-infection

The first Africans to come down with AIDS were given the Virus under the guise of SMALLPOX VACCINATION- EIGHTEEN YEARS PREVIOUSLY.

However, FUN-FACT:

Diameter of SPERM CELL: 10 microns.

Diameter of PORES ON LATEX CONDOMS: 1 micron.

Diameter of "AIDS VIRUS:" 0.1 micron.

Conclusion: Condoms don't do DICK (sorry- could not resist,) to protect you against HIV Infection. Accept it!

It is a fu(*Bleep!*)ing (sorry- it's 11pm! What do you want from me?) LIE that Condoms protect against AIDS, okay?

When you put a Black Man's real Cassava and Yam-generated Manhood into a Condom designed for Oyinbo GMO Noodles, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Every man has a plan that will not work!

During the mid-1990s I caught a foreign News Report saying that AIDS was so prevalent in East Africa, that CROPS were rotting in the fields, because those who planted them had come down with AIDS before they could harvest them.

That was sad enough, but their accusation was that the OYINBOS must have been putting the AIDS VIRUS into the CONDOMS- because those using them were still catching AIDS.

We know that that is IMPOSSIBLE- because the OYONBO SCIENTISTS told us that AIDS VIRUS doesn't WORK that way!

So I had to do another test at week 6. This was when the test picked up the virus. I will try to educate people here with the little i learnt, maybe it will help for those who wants to learn.
We have two different types of hiv test kits. One test for both antigen and anti bodies this one picks the virus as early as two weeks, and results comes out withing days to a week, with a window period of a month(meaning by a month and your result shows negative then you are free). The other checks for anti bodies alone and this one picks the virus withing a month for few people, mind you for few people and most people at three months as that is when the body might have produced enough antibodies for it to be detected. And the latter is what we use here in Nigeria, where finger is pricked or blood drawn and the result comes out within 15-20minutes.
The bad thing here is we are not well informed about the window period and seroconversion( period when one is turning from negative to positive and takes as long as 3 months in most people and 6 months in some, meaning your result might show negative yet you are positive) and all that, I advise you google this, due to this lack of information people go about thinking they are negative and go about infecting others, until the sickness has progressed to a later stage where they start falling sick.
My piece of advice is ensure you use condom( and pray not to be unlucky like me, the girl who gave me has no idea she’s infected ) if condom breaks there’s what they call PREP, it’s a medication used within 72 hours after exposure to prevent you from catching the virus if your partner is positive.

THAT IS NOT WHAT THE OFFICIAL INFORMATION ON PReP SAYS!

https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html

They say that the drug must be taken BEFORE EXPOSURE- and CONSTANTLY- or it is NO GOOD!

HarunaWest:

Oga stop feeling all bad Joor...Everyone will die so don't feel cheated.
You either take the drugs or take the immune boosters, stop being weak

A BLACK AMERICAN NICKNAMED "Dr. SEBI," CLAIMED TO BE ABLE TO CURE AIDS WITH FOOD EXTRACTS.

Charges were trumped-up (no pun intended, this time,) against him in 2014, (carrying too much money on a plane,) and he died in prison of a "brief illness."

During the 1930s, an OYINBO named ROYAL RAYMOND RIFE invented a device that could isolate the unique frequency that was given off by Disease Organisms, and use it to destroy them instantly.

Charges were trumped-up up against HIM (transporting his device across state lines,) and he died of an "illness" he contracted in jail.

A modern Doctor, HULDA REGEHR CLARK, modernized his bulky, 1930s apparatus, and reduced it to the size of a MATCHBOX. Trying to use it in America, her license to practice medicine was withdrawn, so she left the country for them, and went to MEXICO, where she was even curing CANCER with her device.

Around 2008, a Nigerian Doctor, OGBE OSULA began to experiment with the device, after joining an OYINBO "NGO," MEDICOS SAN FRONTIERS.

He soon turned up DEAD of a "HEART ATTACK:" at age 32. (When they say this, they never tell you WHAT was used to attack the guy's heart!)

And please the government should try to create enough awareness as this virus is so common I know about this since I became positive. Please no one should ask me what my symptoms were as no two person can have the same symptom, if you think you might have been exposed go for a test.

THAT IS CONSISTENT WITH LYING.

How did you determine that no two people can have the same symptoms from the same disease?

You didn't know what the symptoms of HIV Infection were, so you made done stuff up.

I sure did still +. I am ok now, already came to the fact I am positive, I don’t feel bad anymore about it since I started connecting with others I met here on nairaland.

phizzle017:

The Rapid kit test kit will detect hiv virus as early as 4 weeks. You don't need to visit the lab anymore to confirm your status. Only high risk people are advised to visit the lab for proper confirmation. HIV is not a death sentence and always wear a condom its 90% safe the other 10% is only when your condom breaks and I think you might have been exposed to HIV before now and you didn't know. Getting infected because your condom broke and you changed immediately is not a common norm. Probably there's more to the story you aren't telling us. It's possible you continued having sex when your condom broke

USING MULTIPLE CONDOMS IS HOW YOU BREAK ALL OF THEM- UNLESS MAYBE YOUR LITTLE ORGAN IS "PLAYING IN THE CATHEDRAL!"

Meanwhile these MAN-TRAPS will be riddled with enough Viruses to do the NOLLYWOOD Version of RESIDENT EVIL- but nothing happens to THEM- until about 50 men are dead?

It must be a Man-made Disease!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgiMqgjS-zM
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ade24682:

Do you feel hot inside.and when was the last time you checked your status? And I notice you have been trying to be discreet about your state of residence
It doesn't change anything.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Good evening everyone.. For those of us who had symptoms or still having symptoms please let's avoid people at this time because our immune system is compromised already.
On a lighter note, the lady is back from school because of the pandemic, convinced her once more, we went back and forth until she agreed to go for a test and i'm with the result now and it's negative.
I don't know what to make out of all these. still having some symptoms but i'm moving on gradually.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Johnames: 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2020
Skripture:
Good evening everyone.. For those of us who had symptoms or still having symptoms please let's avoid people at this time because our immune system is compromised already.
On a lighter note, the lady is back from school because of the pandemic, convinced her once more, we went back and forth until she agreed to go for a test and i'm with the result now and it's negative.
I don't know what to make out of all these. still having some symptoms but i'm moving on gradually.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2020
Johnames:
u see bro,u are negative congrats,stay safe bro
As much as i want to be happy. I'm not.
I'm still skeptical about this. Something this serious having all HIV symptoms might have effects in years to come just like AIDS. Don't you think?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Cityqueengirl(f): 11:24am On Apr 02, 2020
Wow this is educative
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skyrocket1: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2020
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by HONNESSTY(m): 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
[quote]I felt like sharing so others will learn, this might also create awareness as I feel a lot isn’t done to educate people about the insidious HIV.

I will try to be as brief as possible. Sometime this year I had a fling with a girl, I have always been careful as to use protection when I ever I have sex, unluckily for me my condom broke, I realized this immediately and pulled out, got a new condom and continued, wasn’t up to three weeks or so I fell ill, malaria like symptoms and all, during that same time I started having some hiv symptoms like.

Had to go for a test it came out negative, this was around week 4 or so. Despite this test I knew I was positive, I just had the feeling I was, the doctors and lab attendants were just playing it down, no disrespect but most lab scientists here have really poor knowledge on HIV test kits and all. Thanks brother for this wonderful piece of advice, pls do not lose hope its never a death sentence again. Pls brother kindly share with us in details those symptoms u noticed after being infected because it will go along way in helping a lot of us pls
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by HONNESSTY(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2020
I sure did still +. I am ok now, already came to the fact I am positive, I don’t feel bad anymore about it since I started connecting with others I met here on nairaland.
. Pls my brother thanks for this wonderful piece of advice, may God heal u. Pls share with us in details your symptoms when you were infected because it will really save a lot of us
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by frozen70(f): 2:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
I felt like sharing so others will learn, this might also create awareness as I feel a lot isn’t done to educate people about the insidious HIV.

Had to go for a test it came out negative, this was around week 4 or so. Despite this test I knew I was positive, I just had the feeling I was, the doctors and lab attendants were just playing it down, no disrespect but most lab scientists here have really poor knowledge on HIV test kits and all.

Who told you hiv can be seen in lab test under 4wks

The result came out negative yet you doubted it

I wish you good luck to experience hiv so that you will complete your story
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Johnames: 4:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
Skripture:

I'm still skeptical about this. Something this serious having all HIV symptoms might have effects in years to come just like AIDS. Don't you think?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
Skripture:

What symptoms are you still having. The sores in mouth ought to have stopped by now.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
frozen70:

did you finish up the story.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
Johnames:
I don't think so,if u are positive your result will show positive,have u ever heard that someone tested negative and later develop aids?
some persons never develop antibodies. They say 1 in a million. That’s why medical practitioners often wave it aside, what are the odds. 1 in a million people.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Johnames: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
Zornes123:
some persons never develop antibodies. They say 1 in a million. That’s why medical practitioners often wave it aside, what are the odds. 1 in a million people.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
Johnames:
the odd is very low, just imagine number of people on nairaland alone that had symptoms myself inclusive,that tested negative after 6 months,the thing is supposed to be rear, even some medical experts says is not possible for ur results to change after 6 months, 3months is supposed be the normal time for the result to be definite,to rule all doubt ,they made it 6 months.
its very possible though rare. There are cases even beyond one year.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2020
frozen70:

Do you guys even read at all?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 10:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
Johnames:
I don't think so,if u are positive your result will show positive,have u ever heard that someone tested negative and later develop aids?
I read about a Chinese guy like that on Google
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
Zornes123:

What symptoms are you still having. The sores in mouth ought to have stopped by now.
the ulcers have reduced but not gone totally. The nodes are still there o
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 10:05pm On Apr 02, 2020
Johnames:
the odd is very low, just imagine number of people on nairaland alone that had symptoms myself inclusive,that tested negative after 6 months,the thing is supposed to be rear, even some medical experts says is not possible for ur results to change after 6 months, 3months is supposed be the normal time for the result to be definite,to rule all doubt ,they made it 6 months.
What symptoms did you have?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
Skripture:

the ulcers have reduced but not gone totally. The nodes are still there o
so just that. Nothing else?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Skripture: 10:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
Zornes123:
so just that. Nothing else?
Noticed i have been having distorted vision recently. Like my eyes spins
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Skripture:

Noticed i have been having distorted vision recently.
Like my eyes spins
Did you do a FBC at any point?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
Johnames:
and the odds are low doesn’t mean it can never happen. 1 in a million they say. So who is that 1?
people come out to say how they tested positive after 6 months, some a year but they always end up being dismissed. Even wiki says it’s possible though very unlikely.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Johnames: 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=Skripture post=88038138]
What symptoms did you have?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Johnames: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
Zornes123:
and the odds are low doesn’t mean it can never happen. 1 in a million they say. So who is that 1?
people come out to say how they tested positive after 6 months, some a year but they always end up being dismissed. Even wiki says it’s possible though very unlikely.
I believe that six month,i understand what you are saying,but as far as I'm concerned is rear,negative is negative
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Freedom24: 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
Please do we have a doctor in the house, please I need help
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Positivelovelif: 1:11am On Apr 23, 2020
Free dating platform and advice from doctors and health professionals for people living with hiv...join up at positivelovelife.com or whatsapp ...https:///Hn34uY4YoQ59Y9pk3zpEv8...or call +2348026139070
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by hidhrhis(m): 1:32am On Apr 23, 2020
Freedom24:
Please do we have a doctor in the house, please I need help
drop it as he dey hot

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). / Doctors Remove 526 Teeth From 7 Year-old Boy's Jaw (Photos) / More Doctors To Leave Nigeria As COVID-19 Gets Worse In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.