Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

How I Got Infected With HIV - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Got Infected With HIV (90999 Views)

Italian Infected With Coronavirus Visited Ogun / Chinese Baby Infected With Coronavirus 30 Hours After Birth / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

Don't be tired of me sir
U don't want to reason with me
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by AkpaMgbor(m): 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2019
themonk:

Do you have evidence to back up the scientific claim you wrote up there?

https://www.mydomaine.com/how-long-should-sex-last-survey this includes pre-intimacy..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/for-it-to-be-good-how-long-should-sex-last/amp/ read the 10th paragraph..."Sex expert, Tracey Cox, warns that ideally, sex may not last longer than 13 minutes because the natural lubrication women enjoy doesn’t last for ever."
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Neddstark: 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
Venbobo:

Exposed what exactly?

My olosho mama paiint ni grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by BenDover: 4:07pm On Aug 16, 2019
Jordan777:
I'm taking PEP drugs now. Had unprotected sex, my mind wasn't at rest the next day. I started taking PEP drugs within 48hours. The side effects of the drugs no be here small thing. And the procedure of getting it was tough for me, they nearly denied me saying I should go bring the girl for test, also I had to undergo two HIV tests which was negative. how do I convince a one night stand to follow me to hospita? Thank God they finally gave me the PEP drug but even at that my mind never rest. God bless help me oo.

Modified. The PEP is a single giant tablet. The drugs has side effects, I couldn't sleep, bad dreams, I'm already worried how I'm going to take it for a month and bad thing is that this is just the second day but I can't risk it.

Don't worry, those side effects are your body's initial reaction to the medicine. Your body will adapt in a couple of days. I was on that medication some months ago and just the first night's side effect alone, I thought I was going to die on my bed and end up on instablog9ja the next day with rumors that cultists killed me, but in a couple of days it just became like regular multivitamins. The prescription is just 28 days, and good thing you started early, so just keep doing what you're doing. The medicine is very effective.

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by desoul2004(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
PrecisionFx:

No need for All these analysis

HIV is a scam. Simple

Do you mean, it doesn't exist?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by gwama: 4:32pm On Aug 16, 2019
Whatever you say, we have been taught by the health staff, you have not been interested in this disease, which is why you do not know how it evolves in the human body . That's why the health staff says it takes at least 6 months for 2 partners to get tested to stop using condoms.

angry angry angry angry angry
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by brownsoldier(m): 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2019
ipobarecriminals:
shocked sad sad sad shocked angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed sad sad sad sad sad sad GONE TOO SOON.
You're a stupid human being

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by captainnigeria(m): 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ronaldo24682:
So I had to do another test at week 6. This was when the test picked up the virus. I will try to educate people here with the little i learnt, maybe it will help for those who wants to learn.
We have two different types of hiv test kits. One test for both antigen and anti bodies this one picks the virus as early as two weeks, and results comes out withing days to a week, with a window period of a month(meaning by a month and your result shows negative then you are free). The other checks for anti bodies alone and this one picks the virus withing a month for few people, mind you for few people and most people at three months as that is when the body might have produced enough antibodies for it to be detected. And the latter is what we use here in Nigeria, where finger is pricked or blood drawn and the result comes out within 15-20minutes.
The bad thing here is we are not well informed about the window period and seroconversion( period when one is turning from negative to positive and takes as long as 3 months in most people and 6 months in some, meaning your result might show negative yet you are positive) and all that, I advise you google this, due to this lack of information people go about thinking they are negative and go about infecting others, until the sickness has progressed to a later stage where they start falling sick.
My piece of advice is ensure you use condom( and pray not to be unlucky like me, the girl who gave me has no idea she’s infected ) if condom breaks there’s what they call PREP, it’s a medication used within 72 hours after exposure to prevent you from catching the virus if your partner is positive.
its PEP post exposure prophylaxis
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Deepthoughts: 4:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ronaldo24682:
I felt like sharing so others will learn, this might also create awareness as I feel a lot isn’t done to educate people about the insidious HIV.

I will try to be as brief as possible. Sometime this year I had a fling with a girl, I have always been careful as to use protection when I ever I have sex, unluckily for me my condom broke, I realized this immediately and pulled out, got a new condom and continued, wasn’t up to three weeks or so I fell ill, malaria like symptoms and all, during that same time I started having some hiv symptoms like.

Had to go for a test it came out negative, this was around week 4 or so. Despite this test I knew I was positive, I just had the feeling I was, the doctors and lab attendants were just playing it down, no disrespect but most lab scientists here have really poor knowledge on HIV test kits and all.
please I want to ask doctors in the house a question,if HIV positive blood sample is drop on a 100% intact skin,can this lead to the body with such skin to be infected?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Preetychina22(m): 4:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
Zencrypto:
my good people, invest in the crypto market now with zencon crypto brokerage for your maximum return on investment (ROI) regardless of the crypto market's volatility, contact us via (zencon.agency@gmail.com) for a more comprehensive explanation and guidelines.
You leave Asia, North America, Europe... Na your fellow Nigerians you decide to scam. You go old. Shishi you no go see. Odemu.

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by jeraw: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ronaldo24682:
So I had to do another test at week 6. This was when the test picked up the virus. I will try to educate people here with the little i learnt, maybe it will help for those who wants to learn.
We have two different types of hiv test kits. One test for both antigen and anti bodies this one picks the virus as early as two weeks, and results comes out withing days to a week, with a window period of a month(meaning by a month and your result shows negative then you are free). The other checks for anti bodies alone and this one picks the virus withing a month for few people, mind you for few people and most people at three months as that is when the body might have produced enough antibodies for it to be detected. And the latter is what we use here in Nigeria, where finger is pricked or blood drawn and the result comes out within 15-20minutes.
The bad thing here is we are not well informed about the window period and seroconversion( period when one is turning from negative to positive and takes as long as 3 months in most people and 6 months in some, meaning your result might show negative yet you are positive) and all that, I advise you google this, due to this lack of information people go about thinking they are negative and go about infecting others, until the sickness has progressed to a later stage where they start falling sick.
My piece of advice is ensure you use condom( and
pray
[b][/b] not to be unlucky like me, the girl who gave me has no idea she’s infected ) if condom breaks there’s what they call PREP, it’s a medication used within 72 hours after exposure to prevent you from catching the virus if your partner is positive.
pray to who?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by gwama: 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2019
carter009:
Guys should be careful ooooo, I keep saying this ,many girls spread HIV without even knowing they have it.......
Guys, many men also transmit hiv without knowing they have it. cool cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by gwama: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2019
It should also be noted that many people get married without testing hiv, which is serious. undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by themonk(m): 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

https://www.mydomaine.com/how-long-should-sex-last-survey this includes pre-intimacy..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/for-it-to-be-good-how-long-should-sex-last/amp/ read the 10th paragraph..."Sex expert, Tracey Cox, warns that ideally, sex may not last longer than 13 minutes because the natural lubrication women enjoy doesn’t last for ever."

You are dumb, sorry to say!

Apart from that, this cannot be recognized so much which is why the writer wrote "May not". For a study to be worthwhile and immitate reality it has to be a double blinded experiment and not having people set up camera and time themselves.

Another reason you are dumb is you don't know that the end of natural lubrication is not the end of sex, there are unlimited supply of lubricants for sex these days.

I hope you learnt something that would last in your brain more than the time it takes you to ejaculate, next time quote studies with your senses.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Jgoldie: 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
It's well oo..fear grip me ooo
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by themonk(m): 4:59pm On Aug 16, 2019
Jgoldie:
It's well oo..fear grip me ooo
Stop knacking without condom cheesy
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Trustmeall: 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
Deleted

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Trustmeall: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2019
Deleted

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by koboko69: 5:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
Dudeweedlmao:
You pulled out immediately you noticed your condom tore and still got HIV? Is your dick filled with open sore or what?
No mind the attention seeker. He probably had it b4 then even if he is positive. Condom broke... and he pulled out and got infected.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by blazepascal(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2019
Hit it slow the condom wont tear but you wont hear you were rushing it like rush hour
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by TotoNaRubber: 5:13pm On Aug 16, 2019

Which hospital gave you this and how much does it cost? are you sure it is even the original or they sealed chalk inside container and selling to people.

The original known PREP is Truvada but it is usually available in the US and difficult to get if you don't have sure contacts for them.

Jordan777:
I'm taking PEP drugs now. Had unprotected sex, my mind wasn't at rest the next day. I started taking PEP drugs within 48hours. The side effects of the drugs no be here small thing. And the procedure of getting it was tough for me, they nearly denied me saying I should go bring the girl for test, also I had to undergo two HIV tests which was negative. how do I convince a one night stand to follow me to hospita? Thank God they finally gave me the PEP drug but even at that my mind never rest. God bless help me oo.

Modified. The PEP is a single giant tablet. The drugs has side effects, I couldn't sleep, bad dreams, I'm already worried how I'm going to take it for a month and bad thing is that this is just the second day but I can't risk it.
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Estherosev2(f): 5:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
please can you tell me the kit that tests for both antigen and antibody
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Trustmeall: 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2019
Deleted

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Xavi2019: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
GodSaklek:

That's true bro, hiv isn't to get and it's not easy for hiv to get into thr body Just like that unlike other infections, is either the guy has got it before or he has sore on his dick... I remember a story of one girl that I have sex with,she's hiv positive but she hide it from me since she's taken her medicine always,we first started having sex with condom, one day,the condom tear,I decide to continue, since then,we are not using protector, there was a day I suddenly see the medicine inside her bag by mistakes,I started questioning her, that's wen she opened up to me,assume that she didn't take her medicine or she haven't started taken any medication,I would have been infected,... All this happened in 2016,i did several test but nothing, I have done several tests since that 2016 up till today, but am still negative, even I still did a test 2 weeks ago because I normally do it every 3 to 4 months

You sound like someone I've met before, this event happened in Nsukka, yeah?
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by ImaIma1(f): 5:17pm On Aug 16, 2019
ArticleBeast:

Well, it can happen but its rare...Anyway its not the end of the world. Infact cancer is worse than it.

Exactly. A good friend of mine is positive and she's married. She had a baby recently sef. It can be managed

1 Like

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by ugnoble: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ronaldo24682:
I sure did still +. I am ok now, already came to the fact I am positive, I don’t feel bad anymore about it since I started connecting with others I met here on nairaland.

Just saw your story now (someone shared the link).
Do you mind if we connect?
I want to refer you to someone who might help with a cure.
Are you financially ok? (Note: I I'm not asking for money ooo. You'd know the reason I asked if you are interested).
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by dyydxx: 5:22pm On Aug 16, 2019
Trustmeall:

1. I don't know how or when
2. When I was discovered to be - ve in one of the ancient Teaching Hospital, I was advised to be using Condoms. I used Condoms but I was not okay. I then started having the thought that if I can be having sex with a woman for 7 years and I didn't get infested, why avoiding direct sex. I guaranteed myself that I can't have HIV by sex again.
3. Let me tell you that I showed her love beyond ever when she was diagnosed +ve. She felt insecured, especially after I did my own test, but I assured her of my commitment.
4. I used to follow her to the clinic initially. I met a man who had similar circumstance with mine. It was then I realised that it's not just me that can be that lucky. Especially, via sex. I am still very careful about blood contact though.
5. I have rump sex with my wife, serious French kiss till date and nothing has happened to me. I have done several rapid test.... Same result

You are immune. There are very few people with HIV immunity. Like 1% of the whole World population. You are indeed very lucky. Usually, This occurs mostly with Northern Europeans that survived the bubonic plague. But few others are scattered over the world. There is a deficiency in your system that means HIV can't bind to infect your normal cells the way it infects. You are part of that special breed

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by TotoNaRubber: 5:23pm On Aug 16, 2019

how did she contract it?

Trustmeall:
I have been married for about 18 years. My wife got tested +ve in 2007 during antenatal screening of our 2nd child. I am -ve when I was tested and I was advised to be using Condoms. I was using it but later stopped few months later. I am still -ve. I think I am somehow fortunate. I don't even think of it. She is the one bearing the stigma, especially when going to pick her drugs at the hospital.

I always try to keep her mind off it but her mood always change around the date of her clinic. She takes her drugs and she is healthy. The kids are - ve too. Thanks to God.

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by TotoNaRubber: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2019

The guy is evil, in future if you have money for trouble, look for him and treat his fvck up

Palehair:

I'm +, just found out last month, I didn't get it through sex but from my heartless roommate whom I had a fight with, this guy stopped his medication for the virus to be back in his system just to get back at me, when I came back for second semester, I had forgotten about the fight, i don't even know how he infected me whether it was through my food or water but last month during holiday, he sent me a WhatsApp message and reminded me of the fight we had during first semester and that i'm +, i didn't take it as the end of the world because there are things worst than HIV, believe me worst things are out there a billion times worse than HIV, let this be a lesson to everyone, be careful who you offend, the idiot blocked me on WhatsApp and also my number, he was in his final year so we obviously won't see each other again, but I don't want to harbor any hate in my heart towards him, it's never a great way to leave, we are almost close to a cure, scientists just eliminated the virus in a lab rat for the first time this year, human trials are next
Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by dingbang(m): 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2019
All these boys in sexuality section should take note of this story

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
desoul2004:

Do you mean, it doesn't exist?

So called HIV does not cause AIDS.

AIDS is failure of immune system which makes the body vulnerable to all available diseases and thus death occurs, death of an immune system has been around for a verg long time now (it's as old as mankind), it isn't new.

Some nonconfirmists say HIV is a passenger virus (meaning that just like other viruses n bacteria living inside us without harm)...HIV virus causes no harm and shouldn't be treated at all.

Some other nonconfirmists also said that HIV is just like a particle in the human body, completely safe n causes no medical illness at all.

The nonconfirmists I'm talking about are renouned medical doctors, molecular biologists, Chemists, Phd holders in their respextive fields. They written books to disprove the HIV causing AIDS false theory, they have made count less videos on the matter and they have called on the doctors selling HIV SCAM to come and meet them in a televised national debate on the matter, but the scam doctors refused. Isn't it odd that governments have refused to arrest these nonconfirmists, withdraw their medical licences n sue them to court for misleading the public?

One of these doctors even brought a very popular American celebrity who is HIV positive on television, collected the patients blood and openly jnjected himself wit it, all in the view of proving that HIV is a scam.

Meanwhile Late Dr Sebi, A Black Herbalist from Honduras have cured Sickle cell, asthma, cancer, AIDS, High blood pressure, diabetes etc several times.......He even won a court case against the city of new York wen they wanted to send him to jail for misleading the public and practicing medicine without a license.

The world is a wicked place and the HIV shittt is a business for some people, that's why these lies as being sustained.

HIV does not kill, what kills HIV patients is the toxic anti-cancer drugs used in the 1960s to shrink cancer cells, those drugs are very deadly. Now they are giving same drug in low doses as cure for HIV.

HIV PATIENT'S DONT FALL SICK UNTIL THE DAY THEY ARE TOLD THAT THEY ARE POSITIVE.....From that day, fear, hopelessness, regret, sadness, anger, Etc will lead them to depression, lack of appetite, lack of will to live...

Lack of appetite will cause them to starve their immune system of nutrients needed to power it, the immune system dies and then AIDS occurs.

A HIV patient should simply stop taking any drugs n live their lives, nothing will happen to them because they are not sick.

Go to Google, search for IS HIV A SCAM? U will see countless YouTube videos made by professors of medicine n professors in molecular biology disproving HIV and AIDS nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Infected With HIV by Palehair: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ronaldo24682:
so sorry about your ordeal. What People don’t know is HIv can be gotten anyhow. I have someone who’s still a virgin yet found out he’s positive recently, my anger is enough awarness isn’t created that’s why we still have a high outbreak of it in Africa. And the test kits here are 3rd generation test kits unlike in most developed countries where 4th generation test kits are used. Did you check your status or you just concluded based on what your roommate told you. And fools like your roommate causes the discrimination thing. Did you know he was positive before now?
We all knew he was positive and yet we didn't care, we all treated him the ways boys would, we ate together, made him included in all we did, when he told me, I wasn't even having the anxiety + patients had, I just went for a test the next day and it was positive, both test kits were used and it was positive in both and you are definitely right, not enough awareness here in Africa but there's definitely a silver lining

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (32) (Reply)

Renua, Femi Giwa-Amu’s Daughter Commits Suicide After Rape Accusations / Many People Are Using Paracetamol To Cook Meat! / What Is The Cause Of Waist Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.