Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:55 PM

Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? (11544 Views)

Does Religion Matter? / Does Religion Matter To God? / Does Religion Matter When We Both Love Each Other? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
Love is beautiful and strong. Religion seems to be the greatest teacher of man, it's a stronghold. Religion teaches about love, but how do we balance both?, how do we manage a conflict between love and religion?. Kindly visit.........as we discuss a sensitive topic on

REAL ISSUES: SHOULD RELIGION MATTER ABOVE LOVE IN CHOOSING A LIFE PARTNER?.

Watch: https:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPQwAcSDJt8

3 Likes

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by olanlokun07(m): 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
Very sensitive topic, I personally can't marry someone of different religion, because the kind of home I wanna build,I don't want that kind of differences, I want a synergy in all things including the choice of religion. But let everyone knows what works for them and act accordingly.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by ojoshu(m): 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2019
Love Conquers all, Religion should not determine

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Obagreatdatoye(m): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2019
I love the man in cap....he spoke my mind....my religion first before love

4 Likes

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by ojoshu(m): 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
Obagreatdatoye:
I love the man in cap....he spoke my mind....my religion first before love

The Man in red made more sense angry you guys are just extremist

13 Likes

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Xzellentgraphic: 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
ojoshu:

The Man in red made more sense angry you guys are just extremist
U are not serious

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by paxonel(m): 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
I'm a Christian, if my wife was religious person i wouldn't have married her.
I will prefer to marry an irreligious Muslim than to marry a religious Christian.
Imagin, when it is time to make love one person will be speaking in tongues what kinda thing is that? grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Iceflox(f): 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
paxonel:
I will prefer to marry an irreligious Muslim than to marry a religious Christian.
Imagin, when it is time to make love one person will be speaking in tongues what kinda thing is that? grin
Hmm!
what does it mean to be religious?

2 Likes

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by paxonel(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2019
Iceflox:

Hmm!
it means regular church going and being a active member.

1 Like

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Xzellentgraphic: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
paxonel:
As a man you need a good christian woman in your life to stand in gap for u in terms of prayer

11 Likes

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by orunto27: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2019
You must know God to know humans very well.
Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Sheunma: 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
' far as islam is concerned, it is better to marry a muslim slave than a non- muslim freeborn.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by paxonel(m): 4:04pm On Aug 17, 2019
Xzellentgraphic:

As a man you need a good christian woman in your life to stand in gap for u in terms of prayer
does prayer make someone good?

We make short prayers together most times,very important,but not those elaborate and long prayers, then we focus on trying to do what is right.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Mayorcrown53(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2019
I will advice you follow God's leading and direction.

6 Likes

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Macdove02(m): 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
Love is all that matters

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by UceeGod: 12:24am On Aug 18, 2019
Macdove02:
Love is all that matters
The love in our world, especially today, is no where near or comparable with the Love of God expressed in Christ.
A genuine Christian knows he/she is bound by the covenant of Christ's Love and should be lead by the Spirit in choosing a life partner NOT by human love that exists only in the realm of the soul. Such Christian, whose real/first love is Christ, can never be joined with someone whose heart isn't owned by Christ.
A real Christian who is first and foremost concerned about a growing relationship with Christ above anything else can't think of being joined together in matrimony to non-believer - that would be disastrous to his/her spiritual life and that will definitely lead to a physical life of agony and lots of "patching-up".

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by 0temSapien: 5:36am On Aug 18, 2019
You should put religion aside when you love your spouse. I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim but I can go along well with either of them.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by sorextee(m): 6:18am On Aug 18, 2019
Me I don't care much bout religious preference. After all, im from a mixed home. So love first.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by DAutoDiagnosis: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2019
What is Religion

According to wiki

Religion is a social-cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, morals, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements.

What is love

Love is also considered to be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection, as "the unselfish loyal and benevolent concern for the good of another".

If your religion does not teach love, then no one can help you with this question.

The definition of love is entrenched in your religion. They are view based. How do you separate culture, which is your way of life, how you relate with others, and your views about them.

You can't truly love if it is not your culture, your religion.

Separating love and religion shows you have neither

Must have diagnostic tool for every car owner: Get one today, and stop doing trial and error fixes. Infact, if you dont want, buy for your Kazeem/Chinedu/Ahmed

Check my signature

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by SultanOfAbia: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2019
Religion Divided Us In The First Place..
Love heals us and bring us back together

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 18, 2019
In Nigeria it should matter unless you find a partner quite intelligent as you and not overtly religious, these type of girls are rare and most are very introverted, nerdy and always indoors. The only place you can easily find them is on Twitter also putting out sarcastic quotes.

One thing I noticed is if you as a guy is Atheist but comfortable with enough money in your name, live in a decent house and own a nice ride. The most religious girl will ignore you being Atheist and still love you. So it's safe to say cash rule the world -- at least it do with girls
At least it do with churches, seek the truth and true it hurts.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by money121(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2019
Love first.
Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by superlanny(m): 8:09am On Aug 18, 2019
When you are looking for the biggest scams in human history, we have just two:
1. Love
2. Religion

But in all its splendor, i have much love for Jesus Christ, the Author and finisher of my life. wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by bentwood85(m): 8:10am On Aug 18, 2019
Money is more important than religion...

Affordable land ideal for estate,schools,church,poultry and petrol station are available for sale.
**lands are available in acres and hectares **
**you are buying direct from the indigenes **

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Charleys: 8:10am On Aug 18, 2019
Sex is better than religion

1 Like

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by hopexter(m): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2019
What about those who are non religious? Is there no love for them?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Joystark(f): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2019
0temSapien:
You should put religion aside when you love your spouse. I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim but I can go along well with either of them.

Which one are you bayi?
Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by KIDfurniture(m): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2019
forget about religion ... love comes first..

1 Like

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by dermmy(m): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2019
If you know your divine mission on earth then you have to choose a spouse that his/her life aligns with that mission.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Enemyofpeace: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2019
Iceflox:

Hmm!
see As you dey moan on top of man in the public, na wa for you o
Re: Should Religion Matter Above Love In Choosing A Life Partner? by Truefaith: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at www.thetruechristianfaith.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch / Ten People Who Sold Their Soul To The Devil. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.