Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good (44836 Views)

Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Lady Bleeds From The Eyes After Receiving Holy Communion In Enugu(photos,video) / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Boo3nity(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Stfu. He based his claim on the Bible. Nowhere was communion taken during daytime

Show me where IN THE BIBLE Jesus asked his disciples to demand the following:
* Fruit of first harvest
* Worker's due
* Holy Ghost convention
* Tithe on every one naira earned (regardless of it coming yearly, monthly, weekly, daily, per hour, minutes or by the second) else you miss heaven.
* To embarrassingly lie with the phrase "I am fasting" just to avoid holy Communion IN GOD'S HOUSE!

Then come n let's reason as brethen #misled_ignorance
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by peteruuu(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author=Adesgentle7 post=81357482][/quote]
But she was actually his sister in another manner.

Search the scriptures very well sir.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Julius1351(m): 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
electroTech:

Lol. Daddy G.O using the sin of lying to avoid the sin of taking holy Communion during the day grin
U neva can tell
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by oneTIMEman(m): 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
You are a fool
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by emmasege: 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
Jayslicky:
Pastor adeboye needs someone to reboot his brain, he has being talking trash in recent times,he claimed he took tea with God in the morning so why can't he take the holy Communion in the morning too.
This is why I have little or no regard for any Pentecostal pastor who has not undergone some form of theological training formally regardless of his level of annointing.

Again, Adeboye goofs.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by cutieme(m): 1:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:
grin Catholics have been doing this in peace for centuries but now that Pentecostals are copying us, they can't even agree on how to do it grin
They are talking people serving images are choking their mouth.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
tete7000:

If you don't know something, learn to ask. Don't just open mouth and spew gibberish. Holy communion is not the same as the passover meal celebrated by the Jews in rememberance of their deliverance from Egypt. Holy communion was instituted by the Lord, Jesus Christ himself. For the scripture says:
On the night he was betrayed, Jesus took the bread, blessed it, broke it and gave it to his disciples saying "This is my body which will be given up for you". In the same vein, he took a chalice, blessed it and gave it to his disciples saying "This is my blood, the blood of the new covenant, it will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of me".
Prior to this Jesus has had a controversy with the Jews where he said whoever does not eat my flesh and drink my blood, has no life in him. He said my flesh is the real food and my blood is the real drink.

So please are these not enough to let you know that communion enriched the spirit? Again I plead with you to stop talking nonsense. Your G.O. did not even disagree the communion does not enrich the spirit, his only bone of contention is when it should be taken. One that may be borne out of his ignorance of happening in the early church, for Acts 3:48 says:

"Each day they met together in the Temple area; they broke bread in their homes; they shared their food wstith great joy and simplicity of heart;
they praised God and won the people's favor. And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved."

I don't think these were happening at night.
Maybe you should try to understand your Bible first. You should try to always figure out the link between what Jesus did in the first testerment and last.

Link between Passover and holy Communion:

1cor 5:7 Jesus was refers to as our Passover.

John 1:29 Jesus was refers to as a Lamb {lamb was also uses for the Passover}
Just as the blood of the lamb means life to those in the house hold then, Jesus blood also means life now.

Jeremiah 31:31 to 34 God promised to make a new covenant with the isrealite since they have broken the one he did with them in Egypt which was what Jesus fulfilled on that night
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[a] them,[b]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

What Jesus actually celebrated was the Passover. The covenant of that day was meant to replace the old covenant as promised by God. Jesus the lamb died so we don't need to be killing lamb every year. The Passover or communion was supposed celebrated yearly but some people turned it to every Sunday.
The holy Communion is a word alien to the verse of the Bible.

What Jesus Christ was actually celebrating that people now call holy Communion is the Passover. Jesus did not made any mentioned of celebrating anything holy Communion. What he was celebrating is the Passover and that is what we continue to celebrate
LUKE 22
1Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
2And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
3Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
4And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
5And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
6And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.
7Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.
8And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
9And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?
10And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
13And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
14And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
15And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Seunnzy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
MiddleDimension:

you are a witness
no I attend Christ Embassy why do u think so
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by clemzo101(m): 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Stfu. He based his claim on the Bible. Nowhere was communion taken during daytime

since you know Bible very well, please show me where TITHE was paid in cash in the Bible.

I'm waiting please, I want to learn
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by tete7000(m): 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mk12:

Maybe you should try to understand your Bible first. You should try to always figure out the link between what Jesus did in the first testerment and last.

Link between Passover and holy Communion:

1cor 5:7 Jesus was refers to as our Passover.

John 1:29 Jesus was refers to as a Lamb {lamb was also uses for the Passover}
Just as the blood of the lamb means life to those in the house hold then, Jesus blood also means life now.

Jeremiah 31:31 to 34 God promised to make a new covenant with the isrealite since they have broken the one he did with them in Egypt which was what Jesus fulfilled on that night
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[a] them,[b]”
declares the Lord.
33 “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”

What Jesus actually celebrated was the Passover. The covenant of that day was meant to replace the old covenant as promised by God. Jesus the lamb died so we don't need to be killing lamb every year. The Passover or communion was supposed celebrated yearly but some people turned it to every Sunday.
The holy Communion is a word alien to the verse of the Bible.

What Jesus Christ was actually celebrating that people now call holy Communion is the Passover. Jesus did not made any mentioned of celebrating anything holy Communion. What he was celebrating is the Passover and that is what we continue to celebrate
LUKE 22
1Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
2And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.
3Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.
4And he went his way, and communed with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray him unto them.
5And they were glad, and covenanted to give him money.
6And he promised, and sought opportunity to betray him unto them in the absence of the multitude.
7Then came the day of unleavened bread, when the passover must be killed.
8And he sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare us the passover, that we may eat.
9And they said unto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?
10And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.
11 And ye shall say unto the goodman of the house, The Master saith unto thee, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
12 And he shall shew you a large upper room furnished: there make ready.
13And they went, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
14And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the twelve apostles with him.
15And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.

smh...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Barblow(m): 2:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
I think the Holy Communion can be taken in the morning 'Christ said we should take it in rememberance of Him' So are we saying we can only remember Him at night?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2019
tete7000:

smh...
too hard to understand?

I will love you to search your Bible and show me any verse that talk about holy Communion or anywhere it was said that Jesus actually celebrated anything called holy Communion.

what was celebrated is the Passover which you now call holy Communion
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by AXYZ: 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
festacman:
There is a little mix up here. The Passover meal that started on the eve of Exodus from Egypt and continued in the Promised land took place in the evening. Passover meal is about the deliverance of children of Isreal from slavery through to freedom in the land of Canaan as God promised Abraham.

On the other hand, the Christian Holy Communion was instituted by Jesus Christ himself during his last Passover meal with his Apostles prior to his arrest, trial and crucifixion.

Significantly, the BLOOD of everlasting covenant we drink at Holy Communion was shed by Jesus during the day on cross. In the same manner, the BODY of Christ we eat was sacrificed on the same cross during the broad day light. Unlike Passover meal, Holy Communion signifies deliverance from power of sin through Christ as promised by God through the words of His prophets.

However the LEGALISTIC emphasis on timing of Holy Communion is simply unnecessary. It sounds like Pharisees' legalistic observance of Sabbath, which Jesus condemned. The truth is that the ACT of taking of Communion and TIME it is taken are very much INFERIOR to the FRUITS the act is meant to produce: uncompromising love for God and sincere show of love (care, forgiveness, compassion, etc) for fellow human beings.

This can't be said better by anyone. Gracias

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
Robisky001:
Holy communion is a food for the soul and not a food for the body. It enriches the soul and not the body. The communion is taken when you're in the state of grace, and doesn't matter if you took it in the morning or at night.
Which state is the state of Grace?
Kano state or Jigawa?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by RuddyFusion(m): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
Adeling:
I don't want to think he said this, but if he did, then he's outrightly wrong. BTW, you can take your holy communion even while fasting.

He's right...it should be taken in the evening at most
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by MiddleDimension: 3:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
Seunnzy:

no I attend Christ Embassy
why do u think so

because i sensed a witness dictrine there. that is usually what they say when they want to condemn repetition of prayers. that Jesus said: ''say this when you pray...'' does not mean we should repeat a prayer, but that it is a guide. they say this mainly to dismiss the practice of some churches that pray certain prayers over and over again like the hail Mary and the lords prayer in the Catholic Church

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by pulchirtude: 3:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
scarwiz:
as a redeemer i reserved my comments
;Das Redeemer i reserved my comments

Tell the truth,pls. The fact that you're a redeemer does not mean that you should not tell the truth. Daddy G O is a man of God but i will not and never accept what he said. I am a confirmed METHODIST and i know what it entails to receive the Holy Communion. We have a Nicene and Apostle's Creed we read before taking the Communion which the Anglican, Catholic, Baptist ans The African Churches do as well. Do the Redeemed Church do that? Capital No. Better tell your Daddy G O to think before he speaks.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by MiddleDimension: 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
mystiquerebirth:
And you have shown an enlightened view to this matter; religion or it's absence needn't be a division to mankind.

Nice meeting you Sir.

but the likes of @joagbaje @donnie @gombs and @ubenedictus @asuustrike1 @enthronedbygod @anas09 et al think i am a bloody unbeliever with whom nothing of the ''spirit'', as they say, should be discussed; because, as they say, I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM grin. they say this just to get away from me in fear and trembling. grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by pulchirtude: 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
AXYZ:

This can't be said better by anyone. Gracias

Guy, you've said it all jare.. Wa gbayi!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by mastermaestro(m): 3:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
texazzpete:

Nowhere were cars driven in the Bible. Or mobile phones either.

Since you want to live literally by the letter, renounce your English or native names, take a Hebrew name and move to Sambisa forest to seek out wild locusts and honey.

Take it easy with him bro. cheesy

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by arrestdarrester: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Authority1o1:
I do not think it's wrong to take the holy communion during the day
I do not think it's wrong to take the holy communion in the evening.

Your faith matters more.

But daddy adeboye,why would you say you are fasting when you are not?
Is it not better to just say;'No thanks.I don't take the holy communion during the day.' ?

Did he tell you he had eaten already that morning? I can declare my fast at any time of the day and still be in order. He didn't lie.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Acidosis(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Xmen149:
lol,.u guys keep evolving,. when did Pentecostal start holy Communion again,.I thought its seen as part of pegan worship by the Catholics

Jesus Christ personally made a demand for communion as a form of rememberance so yes, Pentecostals have been engaging in holy communion since the discovery of those words in the scriptures.

The things we see as pagan worship are basically those sayings that unfounded in the scriptures; neither demanded nor practised by Christ. E.g. seeking the face of Mary and other dead "saints" and angels (including some fallen angels); carving images/idols, and giving adoration to graven images. Jesus condemned that practice outrightly, reason Pentecostals don't dwell on it.

So take note, Holy Communion is VERY VERY Pentecostal.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Image123(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
The Holy Communion is done in remembrance of Jesus, not in remembrance of time. You can eat it on Nisan 14 at night or eat it tomorrow morning. Those are not the main issues. i think we should pursue peace and grace, not more divisions, confusions and my doctrine is superior.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by nutripotherbals: 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2019
Am surprised reading this from a Man of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Olaa: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2019
That means we should expect miracles of healings at the exact time Jesus performed those miracles abi? shocked shocked

hisexcellency34:

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by MrGerald(m): 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
hisexcellency34:

And did Jesus say you must not take it in the morning? Catholics gives at least one hour fasting period before taking it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Surulereman(m): 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2019
Unnecessary debates that ridicule Christianity.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Axadus: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
Do this as often as you meet in remembrance of me, so what is he saying..
What do I even know sef undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by bixton(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2019
festacman:
There is a little mix up here. The Passover meal that started on the eve of Exodus from Egypt and continued in the Promised land took place in the evening. Passover meal is about the deliverance of children of Isreal from slavery through to freedom in the land of Canaan as God promised Abraham.

On the other hand, the Christian Holy Communion was instituted by Jesus Christ himself during his last Passover meal with his Apostles prior to his arrest, trial and crucifixion.

Significantly, the BLOOD of everlasting covenant we drink at Holy Communion was shed by Jesus during the day on cross. In the same manner, the BODY of Christ we eat was sacrificed on the same cross during the broad day light. Unlike Passover meal, Holy Communion signifies deliverance from power of sin through Christ as promised by God through the words of His prophets.

However the LEGALISTIC emphasis on timing of Holy Communion is simply unnecessary. It sounds like Pharisees' legalistic observance of Sabbath, which Jesus condemned. The truth is that the ACT of taking of Communion and TIME it is taken are very much INFERIOR to the FRUITS the act is meant to produce: uncompromising love for God and sincere show of love (care, forgiveness, compassion, etc) for fellow human beings.

Nice points you have raised.
The Bible is quite clear of what the Passover is both from the OT as commanded by God through Prophet Moses and as directed by Christ Jesus in the NT to the disciples /apostles and the early church.
In the OT, the Passover is a festival to be celebrated amongst other festivals basically once a year as a reminder to how the Jews left Egypt.
In the NT, Christ Jesus observed same Passover in same manner but added that "it should be done as often in remembrance of His death till He comes again.

If Pastor Adeboye is the one who spoke those words as to the timing of it, then one truly needs to know in which context he means it and what is the symbolism of the timing and its relevance.
It is a law to be kept and if the timing is a symbolism of great concern to anyone then it should be noted that there are other aspects of it to be followed.
There are various churches, different doctrines and numerous interpretation.
I do not know how many do the act of feet washing on the occasion of the passover......
The feet washing is done by brethens amongst one another as the G.O/pastor of any church/gathering would have done for some and it will be replicated by others. ......
I do not know how many take unleavened bread and wine..........
In the OT, it was done in the temple and other ordained places as chosen and instructed by God.
In the NT Christ Jesus chose to do it in someone's house, He has already foreseen and instructed His disciples to as who the person is....
The Passover usually holds once a year on a specific time in the OT and Christ Jesus observed same according to the Jewish calender till His death.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by mrZENographer: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
Authority1o1:
I do not think it's wrong to take the holy communion during the day
I do not think it's wrong to take the holy communion in the evening.

Your faith matters more.

But daddy adeboye,why would you say you are fasting when you are not?
Is it not better to just say;'No thanks.I don't take the holy communion during the day.' ?

What about if he fasts every Sunday. Don't you know some people like him fast everyday?

Think before talking against a man of God. You are cursing yourself if that man is genuine.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by aalangel(f): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2019
Communion can be taken at anytime, even in the comfort of your home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God First - Ugandan Lady Shares Pics Of Herself Reading Bible Wearing Only Shirt / Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.