Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good (44833 Views)

Eba And Soup Used As Communion In Church (video) / Lady Bleeds From The Eyes After Receiving Holy Communion In Enugu(photos,video) / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Yussuf06: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
This old cow should go and sit down already
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by hisexcellency34: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
Hate speech

Yussuf06:
This old cow should go and sit down already
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Blesstar(f): 6:14pm On Aug 18, 2019
I believe Jesus gave clear instructions dat we should take the holy communion in rememberance of him. If he had wanted the communion to be taken at any time of the day, he would have specified while giving the instructions. the time of taking d communion is not important, but wat is important is if we are in a state of grace. BTW, am not catholic...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Anas09: 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
MiddleDimension:

but the likes of @joagbaje @donnie @gombs and @ubenedictus @asuustrike1 @enthronedbygod @anas09 et al think i am a bloody unbeliever with whom nothing of the ''spirit'', as they say, should be discussed; because, as they say, I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THEM grin. they say this just to get away from me in fear and trembling. grin
这是谁?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by DLuciano: 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Adeling:
I don't want to think he said this, but if he did, then he's outrightly wrong. BTW, you can take your holy communion even while fasting.
I believe the scriptures, I believe in Christ and I believe this teachings of Adeboye. If we are truly Christians are we not to follow examples of Jesus? If Christ baptized by immersion, why will some choose to baptize by sprinkling of water with out no just cause, if Christ took communion in the evening, why will some choose to take it in the morning? Are they claiming they know more than Christ?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by bonnyhope: 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
Robisky001:
Holy communion is a food for the soul and not a food for the body. It enriches the soul and not the body. The communion is taken when you're in the state of grace, and doesn't matter if you took it in the morning or at night.

You must be a Catholic Faithful
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by God2man2again(m): 6:24pm On Aug 18, 2019
Let's be civil in our comments.

You are commenting on an old man like this on social media probably because you are faceless.

Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Gullah: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
He is completely wrong, he definitely didn't get that from the Bible, it's just his own opinion
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by MiddleDimension: 6:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Anas09:

这是谁?

shi nide shang di
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by osabi1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
It's called the Lord's Supper (Dinner) not lunch.....it's a pity most people are dying of ignorance. May God have mercy anyway!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by obentenyson(m): 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2019
ok.. he means he does lie that he was fasting to avoid eating communion in the morning... very nice.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by obentenyson(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
post=81357060:
Angels never give dis one better slap before sha!
no angel didn't slap him... Pastor Adeboye once said that he drank tea with God.. this guy is just making reference to that...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Cymix: 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
scarwiz:
as a redeemer i reserved my comments ;Das Redeemer i reserved my comments

shut up you are not a redeemer you are a redeemed or a member
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Cymix: 8:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
DLuciano:
I believe the scriptures, I believe in Christ and I believe this teachings of Adeboye. If we are truly Christians are we not to follow examples of Jesus? If Christ baptized by immersion, why will some choose to baptize by sprinkling of water with out no just cause, if Christ took communion in the evening, why will some choose to take it in the morning? Are they claiming they know more than Christ?

keep quiet there follow follow pastor
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by sweetilicious(f): 4:26am On Aug 19, 2019
Robisky001:
Holy communion is a food for the soul and not a food for the body. It enriches the soul and not the body. The communion is taken when you're in the state of grace, and doesn't matter if you took it in the morning or at night.
Thank you. Some pastors read the word of God.No inspiration from God.They think they are reading text books
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by DLuciano: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2019
Cymix:

keep quiet there follow follow pastor
unfortunately i am amaze you are not even a christian, am sorry for wasting my time commenting
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Cymix: 8:49am On Aug 19, 2019
DLuciano:
unfortunately i am amaze you are not even a christian, am sorry for wasting my time commenting

sadist Christians every where as if you know road to heaven come let me baptize you
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Bynz: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Holy Communion also known as the Lord's Supper

Here is the dictionary meaning of supper

supper
noun
an evening meal, typically a light or informal one.

God made Israel eat the Lord's supper at night.
Jesus had that supper in the evening with His disciples...

Do u need any other reason to know that super means evening and that the Lord supper a meal to be eaten in the evening as it was done in the beginning in the Bible?

Just because you have been doing things wrongly for years doesn't make it right. Now that u v known amend ur ways... It's so simple as that than arguing what's not!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by InansBobo(m): 11:38am On Aug 25, 2019
fairfora:
What's the meaning of the word "supper"? Google would assist you. Jesus said do this in remembrance of me. Supper means dinner and not breakfast or lunch meal. Lots of people have turned the bible upside down and many people are just following the confused bible twisters like mumu. If Jesus could instruct followers after taking the last meal with his disciples which He called supper and asked them to do it in remembrance of Him, and some denominations would change the instruction by taking a supper(dinner) in the morning or at noon, then it calls for a concern in the christendom. I feel sorry for people like you who, instead of pondering on such an important issue , would rather prefer to attack the man of God for trying to correct some mistakes made by millions globally.
in that case, we should all just wait till that particular time of the year to take the communion then. That is, once in a year before that Easter period
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by InansBobo(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2019
DLuciano:
if Christ took communion about a particular time of the year, why do you now take it weekly?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by DLuciano: 9:14am On Aug 26, 2019
InansBobo:
if Christ took communion about a particular time of the year, why do you now take it weekly?
Yes it is written "as often as you take this bread and drink this cup, you do show the Lord's death until He come" 1Corinthians 11:26. As often is not specified, it may be weekly, monthly yearly or otherwise. I think this is very clear.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by jom28gy(m): 8:51am On Nov 10, 2019
EVILFOREST:
MORE CONFUSION to CHRISTENDOM....
.....PENTECOSTALS have succeeded in making Churches look like SHOPRITE...
no be small things
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Jameskyrian(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Robisky001:

How i wish you could send this to him....... Little by little, they are gradually adopting Catholic practices once again......
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Taking Holy Communion In The Morning Is Wrong, At Night Is Good by Emkingz: 7:10am On Jan 09, 2020
Robisky001:
Truth. Are you Catholic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God First - Ugandan Lady Shares Pics Of Herself Reading Bible Wearing Only Shirt / Ailing Jehovah's Witness Member Dies After Rejecting Money From Catholic Members / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.