Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief (425 Views)

2023: Igbos Get Rid Of IPOB Now, Before It's Late. / BIAFRA: Buhari Should Dialogue With IPOB Now Before It Turns Into Another War / IPOB Now Pays Monthly Developmental Fee In Biafra Land (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by abc115: 10:57am On Aug 18, 2019
Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has narrated how he was shamelessly attacked by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPoB, in Nuremberg-Germany on Saturday.

Ekweremadu who said he was ok in statement he issued via his Twitter handle, also disclosed that the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, was also supposed to be at the venue of the event.

Nwodo told newsmen that he would have also been attacked but for visa issue that made him not went for the Igbo cultural event.

The Ohanaeze leader, however, said that the group has now become dangerous and wondered how IPoB summoned the courage to attack Ekweremadu who played key in the release of IPoB leader from his incarceration From left Kuje-Abuja maximum prison.

According to Senator Ekweremadu who gave account of his ordeal at the event through his social media handle, @iamekweremdu, “I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today (Saturday) where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however, could not make it eventually.

“I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

“I tried to engage them, but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organisers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue.

“Much as I am disappointed in their conduct, especially as I am one of the persons, who have spoken up on justice for Ndigbo, the Python Dance, judicial killings in Igbo land and elsewhere both on the floor of the Senate and in my written and personal engagements with the Presidency as well as rallied the South-East Senate Caucus to secure Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe taking him on bail to douse tension in the South East, I nevertheless do not hold this to heart against them, for they know not what they do.

“I have received thousands of solidarity calls and messages from well-meaning Ndigbo. I want to assure them that I am hail and hearty. I have also spoken with the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar”

Ekweremadu’s media aide, Uche Anichukwu confirmed the story.

Expressing disappointment on the incident, Nnia Nwodo said the assault on Ekweremadu by Igbos in Germany, described as IPOB, is disappointing, grotesque and dangerous for Igbo solidarity.

“This violent, rude, impertinent, divisive and discourteous style of IPOB or IPOB instigated miscreants is damaging to our cause.

“It strengthens the case of those who describe them as terrorists and weaken our case against the infringement of our fundamental human rights.

“Ekweremadu negotiated the sureties and securities for Nnamdi Kanu’s release on bail. He does not deserve this picketing and disgrace. A disgrace to him is a disgrace to Igbo race.

“Whilst I condemn the attack on our revered son and leader, I call on the law enforcement agencies in Germany to bring to book the perpetrators of this despicable act. It is un-Igbo. It is disgraceful,” Nwodo charged.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/ipob-dangerous-ohanaeze-chief-243502
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by hammerVJ: 10:58am On Aug 18, 2019
IPOB WILL BRING WAR TO NIGERIA.

IT IS GAME OVER.
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:58am On Aug 18, 2019
cheesy grin grin
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by babyfaceafrica: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2019
are they just aware?..nansense
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by Peacemaker5129(f): 11:00am On Aug 18, 2019
Biafla or death
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by midolian(m): 11:01am On Aug 18, 2019
hammerVJ:
IPOB WILL BRING WAR TO NIGERIA.

IT IS GAME OVER.
Which war? grin

A repeat of nyanmiri episode won't be good.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by hammerVJ: 11:05am On Aug 18, 2019
midolian:
Which war? grin

A repeat of nyanmiri episode won't be good.

NIGERIA HAVE PROVIDED IPOB WITH LEGITMATE GROUNDS TO CARRY OUT PREEMPTIVE STRIKES WEN NIGERIA IS NOT EXPECTING IT.

WE HAVE PRESENTED GROUNDS TO THE ICC AND UN ALREADY.

IGBO POLITICIANS HAVE CASE IN COURT FOR KILLING OF UNARMED PROTESTERES IN THE EAST.

SO TOO DOES BUHARI AND BURATAI.

ONE DAY, IPOB WILL MATCH AND THE ZOO WILL FALL.
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by baby124: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2019
Lmao. Nigerian politicians deserve worse than this since they silence protests and pretend they don’t see how damaged Nigeria is. The Nigerians abroad have a duty to fight for the ones at home who will be killed if they speak up. Personal interest groups like Ohanaeze, Afenifere and co are no different from the politicians.
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by Pvssy: 11:17am On Aug 18, 2019
I like the role IPOB is playing. It will implode soon and a plus for Nigeria. Once the political elites and the people are at war, it's good for Nigeria.

We can authoritatively say today that unity is nowhere to be found in the agitation for Biafra and we pray it degenerates to worst sceneries than what happened to Ike.
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 18, 2019
hammerVJ:
[s]IPOB WILL BRING WAR TO NIGERIA.

IT IS GAME OVER[/s].
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by helinues: 11:20am On Aug 18, 2019
Ohane ego have spoken
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by SilasNwude: 11:27am On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:
I like the role IPOB is playing. It will implode soon and a plus for Nigeria. Once the political elites and the people are at war, it's good for Nigeria.

We can authoritatively say today that unity is nowhere to be found in the agitation for Biafra and we pray it degenerates to worst sceneries than what happened to Ike.
[/s]
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by EngrMcDon(m): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2019
If Ordinary massaging of Ekweremadu's body made them dangerous then fulani herdsmen are what
Re: IPOB Now Dangerous – Ohanaeze Chief by Kokolet11: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2019
abc115:
Former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, has narrated how he was shamelessly attacked by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPoB, in Nuremberg-Germany on Saturday.

Ekweremadu who said he was ok in statement he issued via his Twitter handle, also disclosed that the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, was also supposed to be at the venue of the event.

Nwodo told newsmen that he would have also been attacked but for visa issue that made him not went for the Igbo cultural event.

The Ohanaeze leader, however, said that the group has now become dangerous and wondered how IPoB summoned the courage to attack Ekweremadu who played key in the release of IPoB leader from his incarceration From left Kuje-Abuja maximum prison.

According to Senator Ekweremadu who gave account of his ordeal at the event through his social media handle, @iamekweremdu, “I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today (Saturday) where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however, could not make it eventually.

“I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

“I tried to engage them, but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organisers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue.

“Much as I am disappointed in their conduct, especially as I am one of the persons, who have spoken up on justice for Ndigbo, the Python Dance, judicial killings in Igbo land and elsewhere both on the floor of the Senate and in my written and personal engagements with the Presidency as well as rallied the South-East Senate Caucus to secure Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe taking him on bail to douse tension in the South East, I nevertheless do not hold this to heart against them, for they know not what they do.

“I have received thousands of solidarity calls and messages from well-meaning Ndigbo. I want to assure them that I am hail and hearty. I have also spoken with the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar”

Ekweremadu’s media aide, Uche Anichukwu confirmed the story.

Expressing disappointment on the incident, Nnia Nwodo said the assault on Ekweremadu by Igbos in Germany, described as IPOB, is disappointing, grotesque and dangerous for Igbo solidarity.

“This violent, rude, impertinent, divisive and discourteous style of IPOB or IPOB instigated miscreants is damaging to our cause.

“It strengthens the case of those who describe them as terrorists and weaken our case against the infringement of our fundamental human rights.

“Ekweremadu negotiated the sureties and securities for Nnamdi Kanu’s release on bail. He does not deserve this picketing and disgrace. A disgrace to him is a disgrace to Igbo race.

“Whilst I condemn the attack on our revered son and leader, I call on the law enforcement agencies in Germany to bring to book the perpetrators of this despicable act. It is un-Igbo. It is disgraceful,” Nwodo charged.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/ipob-dangerous-ohanaeze-chief-243502
nwodo you are next in line.

(1) (Reply)

FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? / Kogites, Would You Vote For Gov. Hello Int He Main Election? Why? / Will The Continued Closure Of Seme-border Solve Nigeria's Importation Problem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.