Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV (26224 Views)

When Ronaldo Ended Ashley Cole Arsenal Career (Throwback) / Ashley Cole Scores First Ever FA Cup Goal / Derby County Signs Ashley Cole (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Chelsea82: 4:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ashley Cole has announced his retirement at the age of 38, bringing to an end a 20-year playing career.

He bows out as one of the most decorated players in the history of the domestic game, as well as the most-capped full-back in England's history.

Announcing his decision on Sky Sports, Cole said: "After hard consideration, it's time to hang my boots up and look towards my next chapter, which will hopefully be coaching."

"As a young kid, I never expected to play one game or be a professional. Looking back, to be able to say I played in World Cups, Champions League finals, being lucky enough to lift Premier League titles - it's a young kid's dream.

"I fulfilled my dream and now I look to the future, hopefully as a great coach."

Cole established himself as one of the best defenders in the country at Arsenal, winning three FA Cups and two Premier League titles - his second as part of the famous Invincibles side in 2004.

He then made a controversial move to Chelsea in 2006 after a contract dispute with the Gunners. Cole infamously described in his book how their offer of £55,000-a-week left him "trembling with anger".

However, he continued to lift trophies at Stamford Bridge, winning another Premier League title, the Champions League, the League Cup and the Europa League.

Cole also claimed another four FA Cups with the Blues, making him the most successful player in the history of the competition.

Watch The Video https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/08/former-chelsea-and-arsenal-star-ashley.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Pvssy: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
Reminds me of our childhood at Opomulero Secondary School Ibadan.

Well done Ashiru

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by SilasNwude: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:
Reminds me of our childhood at Opomulero Secondary School Ibadan.

Well done Ashiru
[/s]
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Officialgarri: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Since C. Ronaldo twisted Ashley's spinal cord, he has been unable to redeem his career

17 Likes

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by superior1: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
E don try
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Samanza89: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
How emotional I become when I just realize this evening that I haven't been seeing post from the moniker "Hungerbad" anymore...

RIP legend... You will always be remembered!...

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Andersonjr(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
He came to Chelsea to win it all
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by sylve11: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
him don try him own way. enjoy the rest of your life, Ashley Nwosu wink cool
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by ELgordo(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ovoko! Good lick
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Onlinealaba(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2019
Nice one, the Baba achieved many more to enjoy

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Kaybaba5(m): 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
Chelsea fc will never forget you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Ekakamba: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
The guy was good. Gudu gudu gudu. grin tongue
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Lexusgs430: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
When derby no gree....... Clubs not calling his phone.... Nah retirement remain..........
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by sylve11: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2019
dloa:
1. SECRET EXPOSED: Step by step on how to relocate to Canada with EXPRESS ENTRY and how to get Visa Invitation Letter to ANY country within 2 weeks without spending a dime on any agent.

2. Discover the practical way how I export Agro Products to UK, UAE etc from Home.

For more details Check my signature

you dey spoil agent chop and you want make your hustling better. In fact, you be scam, you worse pass the so called agents you dey spoil their chop. angry angry angry cool

1 Like

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by NwaNimo1(m): 8:54pm On Aug 18, 2019
Him retire 6 years ago.....
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by yomalex(m): 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2019
Great o
That Ronaldo dribble that year sha

Need Bulk SMS with DND delivery? Check my signature
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by MrWTF(m): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2019
Samanza89:
How emotional I become when I just realize this evening that I haven't been seeing post from the moniker "Hungerbad" anymore...

Legend for your village abi?
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2019
Look at his big flat head like Omo Igbo.
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by lanetrips: 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2019
Regarded as 'CASHley' Cole after his dramatic want away from Arsenal

4 Likes

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by 8stargeneral: 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2019
Good luck... but done rush come to coach Chelsea as Lampard.
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Nickisindigo(m): 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
congratulations bro
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by vibbb: 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
Weldon Ashley, football world will never forget you soon.
I remember your days back then in Arsenal FC, Crystal Palace on loan, Chelsea, Roma, LA Galaxy and Derby County.

Enjoy your retirement Ashley Cole.
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Oblang(m): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
Samanza89:

Oh is he dead? Sad..

1 Like

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by vicadex07(m): 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2019
MrWTF:
Legend for your village abi?

Just keep quiet if you never knew him. You lack decorum for attempting to speak ill of the dead... Especially someone as great as hungerbad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by saajus: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
Thank you Mourinho for giving us this wonderful guy. I woke on that beautiful day after Transfer Window, I went to Unilorin SUB to relax and I read that wonderful news that Ashley Cole is now Chelsea player and Chelsea gave Arsenal William Galas + 5million pounds in exchange. It was a tough transfer. I think FA had to give Chelsea and Arsenal extra 2hours after the Window has closed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by eleko1: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2019
cool there's time for everything. Time to born,excel,marry/ die..Use ur time/youthful well so dat you'll NOT REGRET
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by AuntyAmope(m): 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
Samanza89:

Dude are u serious
Re: Ashley Cole Announces Retirement On Live TV by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
Ashley, thank you for the great memories.
All the best to you in your future endeavors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Alphonso Davies Makes Surprising Admission– ‘ I’m A Popular Loser' / What's Your Take; Nigeria Vs Guinea-bissau / The Dominance Of The Igbo Tribe In Nigeria Football - Aderonke Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.