Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,809 members, 7,802,587 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. (81617 Views)

General Meeting Of Nigerians In Saint Petersburg, Russia (Photos) / Inside The Magnificent Hermitage Museum Saint Petersburg, Russia / Diary Of A Nigerian Student living In Moscow, Russia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by stubbornman(m): 7:19am On Aug 21, 2019
naijaman2225:
SUGGESTION FOR YOUR NEXT CULTURE FOOD: EDI KANG IKON,. IT'S THE ULTIMATE NIGERIAN SOUP.

AFANG SOUP BRO!!!
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by cococandy(f): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2019
Lovely thread . Keep it coming OP
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by tck2000(m): 7:21am On Aug 21, 2019
following
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by jurjes(f): 7:30am On Aug 21, 2019
TochiPhotos:
Yesterday I cooked jollof rice and went to the streets of Russia and asked Russians to eat my jollof rice and tell me what they think about it and here is what they had to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMJeS8PCCs

Please subscribe to my channel for more interesting videos. I will write and update my diary on nairaland and then post videos about life in Russia in my YouTube channel so please subscribe and thank you guys for so much amazing support. I really appreciate that.

Tochi, I missed the gist of why you broke up with your girlfriend.
And I was already warming up to wear aso ebi.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by gravity4(m): 7:49am On Aug 21, 2019
So na our flag una dey use do foodmat?
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Vulcanheph(m): 7:58am On Aug 21, 2019
Nice to know that there are Nigerians out there flying the colors high and making the country Proud...... I think This country has suffered enough Negetivity internationally.....keep up the good work and always try to make the country great

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by damyslim(m): 8:24am On Aug 21, 2019
Nice
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by makahlj2: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2019
The comparison of Moscow to Lagos made me spill my coffee all over my keyboard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Osanoghodua1: 8:35am On Aug 21, 2019
Good and lovely but I have heard how Russians are hostile to the blacks. Most of the Russian project I promoted their Cryptocurrency project never paid workers.
Please, what is President Putin's religion and his relationship the Jews. I love President Putin much. If there is a free scholarship to Russian schools I will love to apply thanks.
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by lexi28(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2019
TochiPhotos:
Today I cooked jollof rice and I'll go to the center of Saint Petersburg and ask Russians to try Nigerian jollof and tell me what they think about it. The few times I cooked jollof and shared with my Russian classmates, they all loved it. So today, 'll go out and see what the general public thinks about Nigerian jollof rice. Video will be out on my YouTube channel in a few days.

My best friend here in Russia is crazy about Nigeria food, he has tried jollof rice, egusi and okro and he can't seem to get enough of our food hahaha. His name is Roma and I want to use this opportunity to briefly tell you guys about Roma.

I think I'm blessed when it comes to friendships because all my adult life, I've been really fortunate to only meet and get close to really wonderful people. No matter how hardworking or self made you think you are, it's always important to acknowledge the people that have helped you in one way or the other to get where you are in life.

My friendship with Roma started the first day I resumed at HSE Saint Petersburg. After the first class, he came to me to know how I was handling the transition of moving to a new city and all the craziness of life at a new school. He genuinely showed interest in knowing me as a person which was really nice. It might seem insignificant to other people but it was a very nice gesture and it meant a lot to me. Been a different race especially in Russia can be very challenging, sad and quite depressing but having a friend like him made everything smooth and easy for me.

Roma and I particularly connected instantly because we had so many things in common. We are the oldest in our entire department, he just turned 23 and I am older than him. Other students in our department are mostly teenagers who just left high school so Roma and I bonded over our past failures, age, our dreams and the shared hope for a better tomorrow.

Also, Roma is one of the smartest people I've met my entire life. He was previously studying Applied Mathematics at Saint Petersburg State University before he had an issue in his final year and then moved to our University. This guy has a brilliant mind and he is so smart and knowledgeable about everything you can think of. He's literally a genius. Think of real life Sheldon Cooper level of Genius in the big bang theory. I usually feel so dumb whenever I'm around him cos this guy literary knows about everything but I like that cos I learn so much from him daily. Since the first day we met, we attend lectures together and sit in the same seat in every single class. We literally do everything together. He got married last year to his American girlfriend. He lived in America for years before returning to Russia and the girl he married, was his high school girlfriend in America.

Also, his parents are the most wonderful people I've met in Saint Petersburg. They are both medical practitioners and they usually invite me for dinner in their house and that's where I usually eat authentic Russian food hahahahaha.

Below are pics of Me and Roma and our classmate and friend Nastya. Also, Nastya is a good friend to me too. The picture I posted earlier from the culture fest, she is the one in the yellow Dashiki. I gave her the dashiki on her birthday. She also helped me a lot when I started at this Uni and she is like a little Sister to me.

I'm off to shoot videos for my channel so guys please subscribe to my YouTube channel abeg )

First picture - Me, Roma and Nastya.
Second picture - Russian Easter dinner at Roma and his family.
Third picture - Roma and I.
Fourth picture - Dinner with Roma and his family.

hi, kak dila?

my bro was born in St. Petersburg, when it was still known as Leningrad. these pictures get me emotional. I'll follow your thread I trust you have learned how to eat kartoshka, kalbasa, Shea, slivichni masla...et al.

I have family in Tambov, an uncle and his family.

C bogom.
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by greenprince(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2019
Missy89:
Why would anyone want to live in communist Russia?

Because living in his country is much worse.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2019
Lens101:

Good you are back. can you put us through how we can get admission from your school,fees and other stuffs that will aid a masters degree in your school.

Please i take God beg una. No derail this thread with getting admission in Russian universities... Please sad

7 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 9:40am On Aug 21, 2019
stephenmorris:
so u started from scratch again?

So, you quoted a long post just to write this angry

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by okeniti: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2019
Best reads i've seen on Nairaland in quite a while. Keep it up OP.
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2019
DaddyGngeess:
Russia, stupid place for Africans to live mostly black race, continue enjoying your stay, one day you will remember what i said here, wish you goodluck anyway.

Comment from a frustrated NIGERIAN

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 9:51am On Aug 21, 2019
Emmyk:
Why the f is everyone quoting his whole post to make a short comment?! angry

I wonder oh angry

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2019
mmsen:
OP, nice write up. You mentioned many things and ST Petersburg is the nicest city in Russia BUT you did not mention crime.

Patience is a great virtue. Exercise patience bro
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by DMPaulSr: 10:31am On Aug 21, 2019
Derailers coming through.... Hadampson don release one.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by DMPaulSr: 10:33am On Aug 21, 2019
Tochi, i followed your previous thread until you stopped posting. Please tell me how you and that good girl broke up? Somebody that was mad over you.
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 21, 2019
Hadampson:

Accept my sincere apologies sir

I thought you are one of the people who say things based on what they read online.

None of his businesses are online

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 11:33am On Aug 21, 2019
DMPaulSr:
Derailers coming through.... Hadampson don release one.

Boss, you don land wink smiley

I don't know why people like derailing most travel threads, for goodness sake, we have other threads here on nairaland where they can make enquiries about Russian institutions and admission process but they won't go there.

Please if you want to ask questions pertaining to admission process in Russian universities, visit the threads below

https://www.nairaland.com/3221109/what-need-know-russia-student#47706422

https://www.nairaland.com/425337/living-studying-russia-i-need-serious/1

https://www.nairaland.com/4181396/diary-nigerian-student-living-moscow/16

https://www.nairaland.com/2065124/important-tips-before-coming-russia

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Treyknowles(m): 11:35am On Aug 21, 2019
Why are some Nigerians intrusive? He told you he broke up with his girlfriend and it's a personal matter but some of you still want to know "why" not because you care about him, Why is it so hard to respect other people's decision?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Hadampson(m): 11:35am On Aug 21, 2019
X36DD:

None of his businesses are online

Nairaland detective 002 grin

Una don start to dey make research about his businesses and all... Nigerians i hail una cheesy

Predstan, nairaland detective 003... Greetings smiley

But where is Amuocha sef smiley
Lalasticlala's friend cool

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Predstan: 11:54am On Aug 21, 2019
Hadampson:

Nairaland detective 002 grin

Una don start to dey make research about his businesses and all... Nigerians i hail una cheesy

Predstan, nairaland detective 003... Greetings smiley

But where is Amuocha sef smiley
Lalasticlala's friend cool

Bro, I day with you ooo

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Shugah(f): 11:57am On Aug 21, 2019
Firsthand account... I love this.
Nice one op, continue please.
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by Nnamebuka: 12:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
TochiPhotos:

Thanks bro. Life got in the way but I'm back for good and I'll update this thread frequently wink

My new video is out.

I cooked jollof rice and asked Russians to try the food and tell me what they think and here is what they have to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQMJeS8PCCs

Wow I love this and can really identify with their complain about pepper.
Whites generally don't do pepper. I realized back then in UK when my friends will eat my food and praise it but would complain about it being too spicy. Then when I cook with little pepper they still complain. They started calling me 'hot hot' grin grin

As a Nigerian I can't eat food with no pepper biko. Now compare our tropical temperature with their humid and cold one, na pepper overdose grin grin
I sha do dish out their portion when it's done before adding my pepper jor cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hadampson:

Accept my sincere apologies sir

I thought you are one of the people who say things based on what they read online.

Is ok brother. Have a nice day

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by DMPaulSr: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, you don land wink smiley

I don't know why people like derailing most travel threads, for goodness sake, we have other threads here on nairaland where they can make enquiries about Russian institutions and admission process but they won't go there.

Please if you want to ask questions pertaining to admission process in Russian universities, visit the threads below

https://www.nairaland.com/3221109/what-need-know-russia-student#47706422

https://www.nairaland.com/425337/living-studying-russia-i-need-serious/1

https://www.nairaland.com/4181396/diary-nigerian-student-living-moscow/16

https://www.nairaland.com/2065124/important-tips-before-coming-russia
Good to see you.
Na u be master of traveling threads, hoping to see yours oneday.

I still dey learn finnish grin
It's not easy, i gave up last month and resumed again.
Re: Diary Of A Nigeria Student Living In Saint Petersburg, Russia. by mrpeps(m): 1:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
Nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. / What The Lagos/Ibadan Expressway Looks Like (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.