Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music (43547 Views)

Apostle Edu Udechukwu Sends DJ Out Of His Wedding For Playing Secular Music / Mother Of Tina Adeeyo Who Left Her Husband To Marry Their Pastor Speaks / Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by ajayiopy: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2019
praizblog:
Stop Singing for the world again, Come back to your source - Mike Bamiloye To Nigerian Artist

As we all know some nigeria artist like Adekunle Gold, Timi Dakolo and many others said they started their music carrier in church but now they sing regular songs.

Famous Gospel actor Pastor Mike Bamiloye has call on nigerian artist who started from from the church to return to their source and they should stop singing for the world. Meanwhile some nigerians have reacted to this post, some agree while some did not.

See More Here ; http://www.praizenews.com/stop-singing-for-the-world-again-come-back-to-your-source-mike-bamiloye-to-nigerian-artist/

WE SHOULD ALSO TRY TO CHECK OUT THE LYRICS TOO
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by emmasege: 11:16am On Aug 19, 2019
Lienn:
Why do people call these men of God "Daddy"?

It's the Nigerian thing. For me, I can only call a church pastor or any man of God daddy if he's old enough to be my daddy.

Other than this, I'll address by his title.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2019
KevMitnick:
Very few churches help their talents to grow. I love Christ's Embassy for that. Other churches just want their talents to come and serve in church forgetting that these guys have to pay their bills somehow. Eventually, they will get noticed outside and made an offer they cannot refuse, then everyone starts to cry foul... undecided
The foreign gospel artist I know didn't look up to a church to fund their life. They're full time gospel artist and are living their life on that with side businesses and other career paths.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Funmmyastic: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2019
safarigirl:
Every artiste is singing for the Lord in their own way.

They are soothing souls with their music and that is why God gave them talent, it is not so that all of them will be gospel artistes.

How many of them will he invite for a performance? He should face his church business and allow them face their music business

Absolutely correct.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Funmmyastic: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2019
safarigirl:

They are soothing souls with their music and that is why God gave them talent, it is not so that all of them will be gospel artistes.

How many of them will he invite for a performance? He should face his church business and allow them face their music business

Absolutely correct.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by octavian(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2019
safarigirl:

The bolded got me laughing, does that include Naira Marley? e.g. Soapy, is this also singing for the Lord?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Staro: 11:29am On Aug 19, 2019
So true
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by farem: 11:31am On Aug 19, 2019
[quote author=Kingpee2 post=81383827]We all have our chosen paths sir ,not saying you don’t have a point but many are called but few are[b] chosen to glorify God[/b]./quote]

You mean?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by safarigirl(f): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2019
octavian:

The bolded got me laughing, does that include Naira Marley? e.g. Soapy, is this also singing for the Lord?

Do people enjoy his songs? Yes. He has done his own part by bringing joy to people.

It is not your place to determine what singing for the Lord entails. Just do your part on this earth undecided

3 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by KevMitnick: 11:36am On Aug 19, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
The foreign gospel artist I know didn't look up to a church to fund their life. They're full time gospel artist and are living their life on that with side businesses and other career paths.
That is subject to debate because you don't have their entire history and how they were before they went global, but if you check well, someone gave them the initial platform to launch out on their careers before they were able to stand on their own.

1 Like

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by addikt(m): 11:46am On Aug 19, 2019
Keshi....
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Kennyideal(m): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2019
I still don't understand why we keep splitting music into two... Worldly and gospel!

Forgetting that movies should be split too..

Meanwhile, same people that kick against worldly music takes their kids to the cinema to watch lion King which is a secular movie... Hypocrisy everywhere...

You won't listen to worldy music, but you can pay for black panther, aquaman...

To me, all these movies are worldly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by pek(m): 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2019
praizblog:

As we all know some nigeria artist like Adekunle Gold, Timi Dakolo and many others said they started their music carrier in church but now they sing regular songs.

stop-singing-for-the-world-ag-your-source-mike-

*career*
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by forexprophet(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
Because They are spiritual parents

Lienn:

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
Exactly! Man must chop. As a choir member you are regarded as a worker and your reward is in heaven while the pastor gets his reward here on earth with the cars and PJ. undecided

LMAO so true. Yoi are right. Pastor collects cash, car gifts etc and be telling church choir members that their reward is in heaven. Flying private jets etc.

Nobody is here to count bridge. If you will make heaven, you will.

Some pastors will not even make heaven, so what are we even saying.

Biko let him rest.

Last time i checked, church people dont even support their poor members. Who will buy the albums when it is released? Who will pay artist for shows?

How many people buy albums in churches?

Bouqui, Nigerian gospel female rapper. Please who supported her career?

In short, i dey vex this morning.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by debolayinka(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2019
Lienn:

Is it your call? Or your Daddy?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by gabsmilez(m): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2019
Owodiran1:
you mean zaddy
cheesy
Owodiran1:
you mean zaddy
are u Ok?
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Owodiran1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
gabsmilez:
cheesy are u Ok?
may be may be not
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Gracemadeit(m): 12:45pm On Aug 19, 2019
That is true. But i tell you, some senior pastors of some churches have hijacked the music thing in their church. Some senior pastors now sings in church and it is only their songs that is been sang both in their headquarters and all over their branches. In such case, the pastor will never allow the upcoming young talented gospel singer to out shine either him or his songs. I know of a church where the pastor is the choir master and it is only his song that is sang always both in the headquarters and all over his branches nationwide. In such church, how do you think any young upcoming talented gospel singer will shine since the members of the church are only used to listening to the pastor's songs. In fact, some senior pastor sings, their wife sings and same as their children, They do album and sells to the members of their church. How do you shine in such church as a gospel singer. That is why many end up singing for the world because they will get paid, And they will also shine out as well to the world. The reason is because they don't want any pastor to bury the giftings & the talents in them.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by eyeview: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
jaxxy:
While he has a point. Not all circular or contemporary music is ungodly. There is a life outside the church.

There are spiritual songs and love songs, Revolution songs and others. These are aspects of life.

You all have missed his point. He didn't speak against those singing those songs for other aspects of life. He's talking to those that started as children of the church and when God has blessed their talent, they went worldly. Those who started from the world and sing those other songs are not included in his advice

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Awe4luv(m): 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2019
Lienn:

because they are daddies
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Duggedised12(f): 1:00pm On Aug 19, 2019
truthsayer009:

LMAO so true. Yoi are right. Pastor collects cash, car gifts etc and be telling church choir members that their reward is in heaven. Flying private jets etc.

Nobody is here to count bridge. If you will make heaven, you will.

Some pastors will not even make heaven, so what are we even saying.

Biko let him rest.

Last time i checked, church people dont even support their poor members. Who will buy the albums when it is released? Who will pay artist for shows?

How many people buy albums in churches?

Bouqui, Nigerian gospel female rapper. Please who supported her career?

In short, i dey vex this morning.
cool temper bros, lol , its just the sad truth.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
KevMitnick:
Very few churches help their talents to grow. I love Christ's Embassy for that. Other churches just want their talents to come and serve in church forgetting that these guys have to pay their bills somehow. Eventually, they will get noticed outside and made an offer they cannot refuse, then everyone starts to cry foul... undecided
that means that they should be singing worldly songs
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Jyde89: 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

1stly, that's a lie; people like John Legend, Arether Franklin and Donnie Mccluking have all benefited from their respective churches.
2ndly, their society over their is more accepting and rewarding music talents, so they really don't need the church. the Nigerian especially mainland churches feel it's their right to exploit musicians in the name of the lord, I don't blame any artist singing secular so long as he or she has a positive message. personally I respect Bob Marley way more than any gospel artist alive or dead and he's a secular artist.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by toluxa1(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
Lienn:

What is your business who anybody decides to call Daddy? Is Daddy your surname? Even if it is, does anyone have sole ownership of it? Una no go mind wetin concern una. If i decide to call my husband, father, grandfather, Pastor, Mentor, Teacher or anyone Daddy, how is that headache for another person? I won't be surprised if Mike Bamiloye is old enough to be your grandpa
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by toluxa1(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2019
rozayx5:

If no be Christ embassy and house on the rock help boost many gospel artisites profile

And Dunamis Church
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Jyde89: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2019
this man sometimes disappoints me with his immature ranting, the fact that someone is a gospel artist does not make him holy and the fact that you're a secular artist does not make you a sinner. he shouldn't feign ignorance, we all know their are many secular people more righteous than the so called holy people.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by KevMitnick: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2019
professorT:

that means that they should be singing worldly songs
No not at all. It means that they'll have to write and sing songs according to the desires of whoever is paying their bills.
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by ada001(m): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2019
Dere is no much support for gospel artist.......unlike circular musicians who are signed under record label and are placed under so many benefit whereas it is a sorry case for gospel artist sad
Re: Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music by Midas01: 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2019
Some of you just open your mouths and spill trash without even reading.

He didn't say everyone should gospel songs, he simply said those raised and nurtured as musicians in the church.

rozayx5:
If Everyone sings gospel songs?

Who will sing romantic song?
Do you listen to frank Edward on a date?

And people should stop attributing non gospel songs to the devil its ignorance

Aside that singing gospel alone. If no better backup you go find another job soon

If no be Christ embassy and house on the rock help boost many gospel artisites profile

With all the daddy Go country is still a massive shlthole
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Chima Ikwunado: Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Mini Estate Apartment To Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.