Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,041 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (57051 Views)

Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. / Nigerian Mom In Tears As Her US Soldier Son Pays Her A Surprise Visit (Video) / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by MagazineYugo: 8:11am On Aug 19, 2019
An Atlanta based mum named ‘Shaketha Marion McGregor’ had begun recruiting her children to work in various house departments to enable them to earn income and build their credit score.

According to McGregor, her children had been requesting for money, new phones and allowances from her, so she decided to set up a home hiring office to hire her 3 kids so they can ‘earn’ their income rather than always requesting for money like it falls from heaven.

So, Instead of always giving them allowances and money whenever they need it, the Mum has introduced job titles and duties for each of them which means everyone gets paid for their work at home in their various departments and then they can purchase whatever they want with it, save and also pay taxes, lol!

McGregor posted a selfie which shows she’s now hiring for the roles of “kitchen manager, lead housekeeper and laundry supervisor” in her company which she named “This Mom Means Business.”.

These are the responsibilities attached to each job Role;

1- Kitchen Manager: Will make sure the kitchen stays clean at all times during business hours. Also responsible for making sure everyone washes their own dishes!

2- Lead Housekeeper: Responsible for the upkeep of the living room, hallway, and bathroom. Also is responsible for making sure everyone cleans up behind themselves.

3- Laundry Supervisor: Responsible for making sure roommates keep their clothes and shoes clean and neatly put away. Also will keep clean towels and wash clothes in the bathroom
The Photo also showed that interviews will be held for the various positions available in her “This Mom Means Business” Company. She didn’t forget to inform the applicants that the company’s’ pay is “High”.

The applicants are her 3 Kids named Jahkeem (13), Takeia (10), and Serinity (6).

McGregor also revealed that she’d had the interview with the applicants and so far, her youngest kid has proven to be the most professional among the others as he even asked if he will be paying tax after getting his payments for house chores.

She was quoted as saying; "Jahkeem pretty much laughed the entire time, which caused me to laugh a lot also. It was tons of fun. It was like never-ending bloopers," she continued; "His only questions were, 'How much do I get paid? How often do I get paid? And do I have to pay taxes?' It was hilarious."

The Mum also revealed that her kids are handling their new job roles very well and are performing really good, and they are also acting professionally since they got employed at home. It’s just been a week since they began working for the company and are all expecting their first paycheck.

So far, the post has gotten 203,000+ Likes, 33,000+ Comments and more than 125,000 Post shares on Facebook, and a lot of mums have begun implementing her style at their various homes.

When asked when she came up with the idea, she was quoted as saying; "We lost a lot of things last year in a house fire and so I've been really working hard to recover the things that we need," She continued; "And my children continued to ask for things that they want so I figured it'll be best to have them earn it."

She continued; “The kids were doing chores around the house even before they got hired, but they would bump heads about who can do what. Now that they have specified job descriptions, that won't be a problem anymore.”

"They used to get an allowance but I had to stop with that for a little due to financial hardships," "I was hired as a correctional officer this past week and would be able to start paying them again as soon as next week."

According to McGregor, she wishes mums can implement what she just introduced so that house chores won’t be boring to children any longer.

Don't you think this should be introduced in our Nigerian Homes? wink grin

Read More Here- http://www.entgist.xyz/american-mum-just-started-paying-her-kids-salary-for-house-chores/

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by MagazineYugo: 8:11am On Aug 19, 2019
More Pictures Below;

Recomended: Man Dressed As An Usher Caught On CCTV Stealing Bags Of Money In A Wedding Ceremony (Video)

Watch Here- http://www.entgist.xyz/man-dressed-as-an-usher-caught-on-cctv-stealing-bags-of-money-in-a-wedding-ceremony-video/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by YugoMag: 8:21am On Aug 19, 2019
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

418 Likes 25 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by KevMitnick: 8:33am On Aug 19, 2019
This is modern parenting...reward for hard work will keep the children responsible and motivated...

249 Likes 16 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by psucc(m): 8:47am On Aug 19, 2019
Much as this is plausible, it is a precedent that will breed a new form if crisis. Understandably, typical of the African setting, the children are groomed to be responsible home managers while having on-the-job training helping the parents in domestic chores.

What when the table turns and she could no longer afford to implement the scheme an bad the children insist she must pay before they could continue?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by donbachi(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2019
Nigerian mum be like "emeka!..emeka!!..emeka!!!..u sey na u wash dis plate,see oil everywhere,touch am..c'mon carry dem go wash dem again b4 i carry dis garri turner break dat ur head...nonsense..na me make mistake give u food"

261 Likes 18 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Horlubunmmy: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Nice one.
modern parenting.
such can't happen in naija, instead the the rich ones will look for an under age girl as house maid, and be paying her parent peanut.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by czarina(f): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2019
donbachi:
Nigerian mum be like "emeka!..emeka!!..emeka!!!..u sey na u wash dis plate,see oil everywhere,touch am..c'mon carry dem go wash dem again b4 i carry dis garri turner break dat ur head...nonsense..na me make mistake give u food
grin grin

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by lilmax(m): 9:46am On Aug 19, 2019
I should give you money for doing what you're supposed to do?

na beating go end am

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:09am On Aug 19, 2019
psucc:
Much as this is plausible, it is a precedent that will breed a new form if crisis. Understandably, typical of the African setting, the children are groomed to be responsible home managers while having on-the-job training helping the parents in domestic chores.

What when the table turns and she could no longer afford to implement the scheme an bad the children insist she must pay before they could continue?

Somehow these same children grow up and decide house chores is beyond them and solely the duty of a wife.

Let all of them do it, that way they all appreciate how money is earned and the effort put into keeping a home.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Kendumazy(m): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2019
Fantastic. The job titles + roles, interviews, etc, are awesome ideas. This is a great way to get kids to help around the house as well as instill adult responsibilities and discipline in them, but in a fun, enjoyable manner.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by BusinessHub1: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
If my mum paid me for all I did as a kid, who is Dangote? cry

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 12:10am On Aug 20, 2019
Horlubunmmy:
Nice one.
modern parenting.
such can't happen in naija, instead the the rich ones will look for an under age girl as house maid, and be paying her parent peanut.
This is wubbish parenting. angry Any parent that does this, is just breeding self-centred kids with an entitlement mentality, who will end up putting a price, on everything.

If the children are entitled to eat good food for free, and also attend schools whose fees are paid by their parents, then they need to learn how to do house chores for free.

It is for their own good, so that they would not be a burden to others, in future. undecided

Anyway, every mistake in America like this one, can soon become a fashion statement, in Nigeria.

Any child that wants to be paid for doing house chores, had better learn how to pay his mum for making good food for him. How much is a plate of akamu and akara again, sef? shocked

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 2:31am On Aug 20, 2019
The issue is not that they don't want to do house chores for free, but that they're asking for money and different things - which is typical of children. Instead of giving them money and buying them these requests, like other American parents do, the mother's making them work for them, which I think is VERY commendable. They'll grow up knowing that you've to work for money, wants and needs [although I'm sure their basic needs are being met]. She's also teaching them about job searches, interviews, taxes and many life skills in the process. So this isn't rubbish but great parenting! smiley

CeterisXVIII:

This is wubbish parenting. angry Any parent that does this, is just breeding self-centred kids with an entitlement mentality, who will end up putting a price, on everything.

If the children are entitled to eat good food for free, and also attend schools whose fees are paid by their parents, then they need to learn how to do house chores for free.

It is for their own good, so that they would not be a burden to others, in future. undecided

Anyway, every mistake in America like this one, can soon become a fashion statement, in Nigeria.

Any child that wants to be paid for doing house chores, had better learn how to pay his mum for making good food for him. How much is a plate of akamu and akara again, sef? shocked

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by CeterisXVIII: 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
theButterfly:
The issue is not that they don't want to do house chores for free, but that they're asking for money and different things - which is typical of children. Instead of giving them money and buying them these requests, like other American parents do, the mother's making them work for them, which I think is VERY commendable. They'll grow up knowing that you've to work for money, wants and needs [although I'm sure their basic needs are being met]. She's also teaching them about job searches, interviews, taxes and many life skills in the process. So this isn't rubbish but great parenting! smiley
As children, they would naturally ask for the moon and back. But as parents you need to deny their frivolous requests, and teach them how to be content with the little they have.

Adopting this tactic of paying them for house chores, is going to breed a set of selfish kids who will end up putting a price tag on everything, and treating every form of assistance, as a commercial transaction.

You will hear things like: "Why should I help old disabled Mrs Morris to mown her lawn for free, when my mom pays me for taking out the trash? Let Mrs Morris also pay me a fee, then I will help her out with the lawn." Na so e dey take start..

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Rubbiish(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
So, Instead of always giving them allowances and money whenever they need it, the Mum has introduced job titles and duties for each of them which means everyone gets paid for their work at home in their various departments and then they can purchase whatever they want with it, save and also pay taxes, lol!
Give it up for the MOTHER OF THE YEAR already!

What a good way to make your kids enjoy doing their chores.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by tillaman(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
It’s actually modern day parenting and it’s great
Such rewards will keep the kids inspired and responsible!! Such money sef goes into their piggy banks if they have one!! It doesn’t stop her from giving them their allowances

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Rubbiish:
Nonsense!
You called it Nonsense because your name is Rubbish!

What a moniker!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
Kids of these days don't know how easy they have things today, I remember that year if u forget or ignore to do your own portion of house chores, the beating and punishment u will receive that day from mumcy will be unprecedented and if dad gets to know, then u will receive legendary beating and punishment ranging from not giving you night food and doing all the house chores alone grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
Its very funny and some times our parents do it down here but not like it's a salary. God help her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Pavore9: 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2019
O chim o! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Divay22(f): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nice.
Same thing i intend doing to my kids. And you must put such money in your safe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by Bbbwings: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
Myopic Nigerians are already bashing her.
These are necessary life skills that the kids need to survive in a country that is not a shithole

She teaches them taxes because the IRS doesn't joke around
Their future survival is dependent on being able to access loans for mortgage and business.
You're in trouble if you have a low credit score

I'm sure most of the commenters here have never done an interview
See these kids are doing it and being paid for it.

Wait a minute
This is a paid post
The op is magazineyugo
Ftc is yugomag
I'm retrieving my like

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by LordKO(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
A very wrong decision. Altruism remains the thin difference between family and commercial corporate entity, so once it's eliminated in the scheme of things, automatically what will be left is self-centeredness/selfishness/greediness.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by GeneralPula: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2019
Nah normal thing for Yankee. I get a nigga wey him momma dey pay am for taking care of dia grandmom every morning. White women been doing this no be today!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by missCAPS: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
If only my Mom payed me, who is Dangote grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) by VillageElder(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
grin grin grin
YugoMag:
Had it been my mum was paying me for all the house chores I did when I was little eh, I for dey drive Benz by Now oo grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Moment Terrified Mum Saw Her Jobless 17yr Old Son's N50m Mercedes Benz -pics/vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.