Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,533 members, 7,808,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos (18550 Views)

Prophet Onyeze Jesus: 'I Will Raise Dead Bodies On The 28 Of January' / ‘I Saw Him Clearly, He Became President Of Nigeria’ – Popular Ghanaian Prophet P / Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I don't believe that I said any such thing. I don't go to any church, because they all dispense with the Bible in one way or another, just as you yourself and your friends do.

The Church will not be fully perfected until all the saints who will be saved are brought in. That will happen during the Tribulation just before the Lord Jesus returns. But each believer is responsible no matter when they have lived to grow spiritually and attain to "perfection" or maturity. That is what the Bible and spiritual gifts was given for. Now that we have the Bible, all spiritual gifts are given to operate with it, not in place of it. So, the Church will be brought to fullness in number and in stature through the exercise of spiritual gifts that operate in consonance with the completed Bible now.

As for having a look at myself, I would say the same to you, but only for pretending to think that you know anything about the Holy Spirit.

I am not sure how many times I will have to say this to you: if anybody pretends to make claims or do things that the Bible disagrees with, they are a liar, no matter who they are or where you read about them.

Sure, whatever you say, man. I'm tired already.

Like I said earlier, enjoy the limited edition of God's word a.k.a 66 books of the Bible. It's a good starter pack.

Also, since the perfection of the saints and all those other things mentioned in Ephesians 4 v 11-13 is yet to be fulfilled completely, all the gifts of the Holy Spirit is still at work!

God communicates with people via visions and dreams even in our generation. And if you don't see those messages as God's word because they're not included in the 66 book Bible... kpele.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Successdude:
If you'll ask that, I really don't think you can get an answer that we can work with .... Assume you're talking to someone who doesn't even believe in the existence of Gox

Is the query about which religion is right?

Or is it about the existence of God?

I need to understand what you're after.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
judedwriter:

I have been seeing the face of Jesus especially when i worship at midnight. He looks like this :
Hmmm. This is interesting.

How many times have you seen this image, because this looks like the common one?

Thanks for sharing though.

God Bless

Cc. EnthronedbyGod
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
budaatum:

I do perfectly understand you Ihe. Axioms are indeed necessary for those in preschool or those in class one, but an understanding of them apply in class 2 and thereon which is why we must and do show how they are true. The problem I encounter is in teaching axioms to students in the more advanced class. One might postulate that a+b, for instance, equals b+a, but eventually, we do and must show our students how and why we say so, otherwise, we merely create believers, and not the doers we hope to create. One cannot after all create Light by bread alone, and teaching axioms to the more advanced student is like not first examining to find out what they already know. I myself find this when I'm asked if I have accepted Christ into my life by preachers who have not even read their Bible from the beginning to the end. It is also why I am not one of your students, as you rightly point out. Why, pray tell, would you require my obedience to you when it is written that the Kingdom of God can be in me too? Can you not see how ridiculous I would sound if I were to require such obedience from you? Would it not sound very much like I were asking you to bow down and worship me? "Oh what arrogance my dear buda", would be the [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4%3A10&version=KJV]appropriate retort[/url] if I were you.

Please know that my journey has been different to yours which is why I likely take the stance I take. I was an atheist from birth and was rationally educated to know that proof and evidence is key with belief frowned upon without it. The axiom in rational education is "all things are created by words", which is why a scholarly educatiin is a prequisite and all other things follow on from there. For however one looks at things, in the beginning surely was the Word, which is indeed God, without which nothing was made.

Rational education however also taught me the folly of living by bread alone, which is seen in your extensive seeking for the Knowledge of God that you show here. For it is obvious that it includes a lot more that proceedeth out of the Mouth of God than the Bible, which is bread alone. Or can you honestly claim you only read the Bible?

Thankfully, God who created me the way I am knows what I am and never asked me to have faith or intuitively accept that which I have no evidence for. Its like I was given an exemption from preschool and was advanced to the higher classes, for as is written, those who seek will surely find. Our error, however, is in thinking that we alone have found, and that all others must therefore sit at our own feet and learn. Such as these fail to understand that they who must be first must needs be last for out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast strength been ordained. I mean, look at you, all but two years old! No! Look at me even, less than 9 months old, with strength to avenge both enemies and foes! Yet, as the Lord did [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A27-36&version=NIV]say[/url], "Love, buda! Or ye shall end up shirtless!"

It is not over the Bible that we must not judge, considering the additions and corrections and ommision, but over that which was written by the very breath of God. For the Lord never said "do or do not unto the Bible". What he rightly said was "Do unto these who thou see", or one shall incur a huge dental bill which is the wages or "Lord Lord".

I guess its difficult to enter back into the womb and be reborn. Yet, the Grace of the Lord God Almighty ministers to us all and those with ears will see.
I'm not entirely convinced that you do.

Like I said, I used axioms as an illustration because I expected that you would understand them without my meaning to explain them. An axiom cannot be proven, because an axiom is its own proof. That is, it is not that you cannot make any attempt at all at demonstrating that an axiom is true, but that you can only do so with circular arguments. That was implied in what I said. For this reason, it is always hard to prove an axiom to sophisticated intellects.

A little child might be surprised that b + a = a + b when you show them how a on one side is the same as a on the other, etc, but a growing child with more information would see it immediately and be promptly bored by any explanations of what is immediately obvious. But this also works against such a child because increase in information naturally makes us more arrogant, so when you state a new axiom that this new child has never seen, it is harder to explain it to them than it would have been to explain the first one.

This is also a demonstration of what the Lord Jesus taught about receiving the Kingdom of God as a child. The only attitude in which anyone can become a believer is one of humility, that is, a willingness to be taught. Otherwise, it is impossible to get the Truth through to such a person.

So, it is not that there is no evidence for what one believes, but that the thing that one is called to believe is its own evidence.

Another demonstration would be this: if you hung out with an OB-GYN friend and asked what they did today, they might tell you that they examined a pregnant woman. If you asked them how they knew that it was a pregnant woman that they examined, they'd probably say that it's because she was a woman and pregnant. The fact is that if they had a female human with all the biological paraphernalia of the gender on their table, they couldn't give more evidence than the human herself as proof for why they believe it is a woman that they are examining. The thing is proof of itself.

That is what axioms are about. They are self-evident truths. As such, for example, a pregnant man is an impossibility. It would be an absurdity to assume such a thing as an axiom. This is just like assuming that a God cannot exist or is not necessary for the Universe to exist. Such an axiom would make no sense. The same reasoning applies to every belief system.

So, again, I would say that "belief" is not the antithesis of evidence or of certain knowledge. What we know for certain is what we believe to be perfectly true, without any doubts whatsoever. One's belief about a given thing may be weak or strong, but it is not by virtue of being a belief independent of evidence.

Moving on from that, your rejection of any authority outside of you is, of course, why I don't accept you as a fellow believer. Believers know that, first, we aren't good enough for God on our own, so we need the Lord Jesus, and, second, we desperately need each other to grow spiritually. It isn't a question of obeying each other. It is one of submitting to each other. That was the foot-washing lesson that the Lord taught us who follow Him. We have to be willing to accept each other's help, and also to help each other grow and mature and bear fruit too.

As for whether I read only the Bible, I don't. I read many things. But the Bible defines Truth for me. So, if something conflicts with the Bible, I reject it. And there are whole systems of "truth" or belief or philosophy that are so far removed from biblical truth that I never bother with them. And I suffer no loss for rejecting them. For spiritual growth, however, it was only the Ichthys writings that I used in company with the Bible to grow. I still lean heavily on them, although as a pastor-teacher, my research and apologetic gifting leads me to range. Still, the Bible stands above all this, defining for me what is acceptable and what is not, what is good and what is not, what is true and what is not.

Finally, you make a lot of absolute statements here that I see no reason to consider even remotely true. Possibly the worst of them is that God did not say that we must not do such and such to the Bible. How do you know that? Are you God perhaps? Or do you have a direct line to Him so that you alone are privy to what He says about things?

Another bad one is that our error is in thinking that we alone have found and others must learn from us. Even if we thought so, who said that it's an error? You? Should we be worshiping you now? Or should we take what you said to mean that we cannot assume that what you said is not true and therefore we must not think that you have found too and listen to you? How does that work exactly?

I get that you have no intention to yield to the Gospel, given your many years of rebellion against it. And that's your business, but I can't reconcile that lack with your interest in the Lord Jesus.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Like I said earlier, enjoy the limited edition of God's word a.k.a 66 books of the Bible. It's a good starter pack.

Also, since the perfection of the saints and all those other things mentioned in Ephesians 4 v 11-13 is yet to be fulfilled completely, all the gifts of the Holy Spirit is still at work!

God communicates with people via visions and dreams even in our generation. And if you don't see those messages as God's word because they're not included in the 66 book Bible... kpele.

Thank you, I will, your opinion of it notwithstanding.

As for your interpretation, by all means, believe what you will. It was not a loophole though. That part of the Bible in Ephesians cannot disagree or conflict with the part in 1 Corinthians. The Scriptures cannot be broken. All the gifts and the Bible were given for the same purpose: the perfection or maturity and completion of the Church. The Church comprises all believers from Adam and Eve until the last person to believe before the Lord Jesus returns to rule the Earth.

For this reason, until the Bible was completed, prophets, Apostles, and other special gifts were given to continue to build up the Church. The Apostles are a critical gift to the Church, yet they did not exist before the First Advent of the Lord Jesus. Still the Church was edified before that time.

There are times and eras and dispensations during which the Method in which the Lord dispensed the Truth was changed. Before Moses, it was prophets like Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Then it was Moses and other prophets. Then it was the Lord Jesus, then the Apostles and their associates, and now, finally, it is the Bible.

As I said, however, please believe whatever you please.

As for not seeing all your visions and dreams as authentic, by all means, seek visions and dream dreams to your heart's content. Don't let my convictions get in your way. I fully intend myself to never let visions and dreams and all manner of revelations impede my progress in the Truth.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Thank you, I will, your opinion of it notwithstanding.

As for your interpretation, by all means, believe what you will. It was not a loophole though. That part of the Bible in Ephesians cannot disagree or conflict with the part in 1 Corinthians. The Scriptures cannot be broken. All the gifts and the Bible were given for the same purpose: the perfection or maturity and completion of the Church. The Church comprises all believers from Adam and Eve until the last person to believe before the Lord Jesus returns to rule the Earth.

For this reason, until the Bible was completed, prophets, Apostles, and other special gifts were given to continue to build up the Church. The Apostles are a critical gift to the Church, yet they did not exist before the First Advent of the Lord Jesus. Still the Church was edified before that time.

There are times and eras and dispensations during which the Method in which the Lord dispensed the Truth was changed. Before Moses, it was prophets like Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Then it was Moses and other prophets. Then it was the Lord Jesus, then the Apostles and their associated, and now, finally, it is the Bible.

As I said, however, please believe whatever you please.

As for not seeing all your visions and dreams as authentic, by all means, seek visions and dream dreams to your heart's content. Don't let my convictions get in your way. I fully intend myself to never let visions and dreams and all manner of revelations impede my progress in the Truth.

No worries bro. The Spirit of God will guide us into all TRUTH and will never lead anyone astray. That I completely believe.

Cheers.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by judedwriter(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Hmmm. This is interesting.

How many times have you seen this image, because this looks like the common one?

Thanks for sharing though.

God Bless

Cc. EnthronedbyGod

Once in a while but not always. When im deep in worship at midnight, His face pops up in my spirit. Blond hair and breads.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2019
judedwriter:

Once in a while but not always. When im deep in worship at midnight, His face pops up in my spirit. Blond hair and breads.
Are sure it's not being influenced by the common one in the movies etc?

For some have said that one is false. And someone even said that one of such is actually a demon.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by judedwriter(m): 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Are sure it's not being influenced by the common one in the movies etc?

For some have said that one is false. And someone even said that one of such is actually a demon.

Whenever i see His face at MIDNIGHT, i feel this great peace that He is the one. I may be wrong but i recall that the LORD loves to reveal Himself to us at midnight.

Again i have read testimonies of people who saw Jesus claiming He is a blond.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
judedwriter:

Whenever i see His face at MIDNIGHT, i feel this great peace that He is the one. I may be wrong but i recall that the LORD loves to reveal Himself to us at midnight.

Erm, were the Jews of the Bible time blonde haired?

You see more of that blonde hair originating from Europe, particularly the Scandinavian nations...

Trace the history of the Jews from the lineage of Shem. I'm curious if you'd see blonde Jews.

It's more or less like expecting a typical African man that descended from Cush to have a blonde hair as well.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Ihedinobi3: 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

No worries bro. The Spirit of God will guide us into all TRUTH and will never lead anyone astray. That I completely believe.

Cheers.
He'll certainly do that for those who will follow Him. I'm sure that those who don't follow will go all the way astray.
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Successdude(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Is the query about which religion is right?

Or is it about the existence of God?

I need to understand what you're after.

both ... Why should I be a Christian or remain a Christian. ?? What's that special thing ?

Note this isn't to quiz you. Just to know
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 4:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
Successdude:
both ... Why should I be a Christian or remain a Christian. ?? What's that special thing ?

I've told you it's not about religion or "Christianity"

This is about worshipping God in spirit and truth.

Religion is a counterfeit, Spirituality and Truth is the real deal.

The Spirit of God is there to guide you. It has been poured out on all flesh (not just a religious sect). You have the option to listen and obey or not. It's left to you.

The Spirit in man is a fragment of God in man. That's a starting point. And that's why no man will have an excuse before God.

Man has been wired to recognize the truth by intuition and also by conscience once he encounters it.

As long as you have a Spirit (obviously that's what keeps a man conscious in this realm of existence) you have a limited capacity to recognize the truth.

But when your Spirit is in partnership with the Spirit of God, your capacity increases tremendously.

Cheers...

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 4:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

He'll certainly do that for those who will follow Him. I'm sure that those who don't follow will go all the way astray.

Yes, that's for those who know and hear the truth, but won't yield to it because of traditions and religion.

The Spirit of God is beyond all that
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
judedwriter:

Ok.

It was also at midnight He appeared to me very briefly but I just knew He was the one instantly.

But I never expected to see an image drawn by someone else that looks exactly like the one I had seen, and especially the gaze because i was thinking maybe He was not happy with me, not knowing that was the same look He had when He appeared to several others.

You can research a little bit on the history of this prince of peace portrait to get more information concerning it, and my bro @okcornel has shared some here already, and also posted some links for those who want more info on this.

But although I think the drawing of Akiane is the actual appearance of Jesus, i believe it is not the most important thing, for the most important thing is to have Him dwelling in our hearts.

Thanks a lot bro for sharing and God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
Successdude:

Truth!

John 8:32 (KJV)

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by judedwriter(m): 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

Erm, were the Jews of the Bible time blonde haired?

You see more of that blonde hair originating from Europe, particularly the Scandinavian nations...

Trace the history of the Jews from the lineage of Shem. I'm curious if you'd see blonde Jews.

It's more or less like expecting a typical African man that descended from Cush to have a blonde hair as well.

May be the Lord on earth wasn't a blond but in His glorified state is a blond. But the most important thing is not whether He is or was a blond but that He is alive today in our hearts.

2 Likes

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
judedwriter:

May be the Lord on earth wasn't a blond but in His glorified state is a blond. But the most important thing is not whether He is or was a blond but that He is alive today in our hearts.

Yes bro, what counts the most is him living in our hearts as we abide by His words.

And most importantly, yielding to the Spirit of God.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by budaatum: 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
I'm not entirely convinced that you do.

Like I said, I used axioms as an illustration because I expected that you would understand them without my meaning to explain them. An axiom cannot be proven, because an axiom is its own proof. That is, it is not that you cannot make any attempt at all at demonstrating that an axiom is true, but that you can only do so with circular arguments. That was implied in what I said. For this reason, it is always hard to prove an axiom to sophisticated intellects.
If there were no proof for axioms Ihe, can one not just make one up? Is that how axioms work. Is it not a fact that they are so evidently true that they usually need not be proven?

Hard, is not the same as impossible, ihe.

Ihedinobi3:
A little child might be surprised that b + a = a + b when you show them how a on one side is the same as a on the other, etc, but a growing child with more information would see it immediately and be promptly bored by any explanations of what is immediately obvious. But this also works against such a child because increase in information naturally makes us more arrogant, so when you state a new axiom that this new child has never seen, it is harder to explain it to them than it would have been to explain the first one.
Is this not like saying, "let us not teach them least they know too much"? And is this not the same as enslaving them so that we are Lord over them? Why not teach them to question? Is that not how they will learn? Or is it that we ourselves have no confidence in our own teaching that we dare not be questioned on it!?

Ihedinobi3:
This is also a demonstration of what the Lord Jesus taught about receiving the Kingdom of God as a child. The only attitude in which anyone can become a believer is one of humility, that is, a willingness to be taught. Otherwise, it is impossible to get the Truth through to such a person.
The only reason a teacher would require humility from their students is because the teacher is crap! If the teacher knew their subject the student either sits and learns or leaves the class. What Jesus taught was that those who would learn should be humble. As in, if I myself would learn, I myself should humble myself. He never said "make people humble so you can teach them", which is what you are proposing here!

Ihedinobi3:
So, it is not that there is no evidence for what one believes, but that the thing that one is called to believe is its own evidence.
Well, this I cannot argue. People after all have different understanding of words. Me, though, I only believe things I do not know, and would rather say "I do not know" than "I believe", which implies that I don't exactly know but have a desire to assume it to be true instead of seeking to know for sure. When I know though, which is often after extensive seeking, I do not believe because I know. But note, that's me.

Ihedinobi3:
Another demonstration would be this: if you hung out with an OB-GYN friend and asked what they did today, they might tell you that they examined a pregnant woman. If you asked them how they knew that it was a pregnant woman that they examined, they'd probably say that it's because she was a woman and pregnant. The fact is that if they had a female human with all the biological paraphernalia of the gender on their table, they couldn't give more evidence than the human herself as proof for why they believe it is a woman that they are examining. The thing is proof of itself.
I'm certain an OB-GYN can provide a lot more evidence than you claim here, especially in the world of gender reassignment we find ourselves in which men are getting pregnant. I shan't argue that there aren't some sloppy incompetent OB-GYN out there though.

Ihedinobi3:
That is what axioms are about. They are self-evident truths. As such, for example, a pregnant man is an impossibility. It would be an absurdity to assume such a thing as an axiom. This is just like assuming that a God cannot exist or is not necessary for the Universe to exist. Such an axiom would make no sense. The same reasoning applies to every belief system.
The fact that a thing makes no sense to oneself does not mean it is senseless. We after all know of "pregnant men" today, and the supposed counter axiom that God does exist is refuted by many here. Or is one to assume they themselves do not exist despite their loudness on here?

Axioms only make sense when they are backed up by evidence or we'd make up our own crap, call it an axiom and insist it be accepted as some "truth" when in truth, it just might be the crap it actually is!

Ihedinobi3:
So, again, I would say that "belief" is not the antithesis of evidence or of certain knowledge. What we know for certain is what we believe to be perfectly true, without any doubts whatsoever. One's belief about a given thing may be weak or strong, but it is not by virtue of being a belief independent of evidence.
I posted you to my conversations on this topic and will not go there again except to say, for me, I do not believe rain is falling on my head when I am wet and cold from the rain that falls on my head. Since I have evidence of the rain in my wetness and coldness, I say "it is most definitely raining", and I say so because I know. But as I said, that's just me.

Ihedinobi3:
Moving on from that, your rejection of any authority outside of you is, of course, why I don't accept you as a fellow believer. Believers know that, first, we aren't good enough for God on our own, so we need the Lord Jesus, and, second, we desperately need each other to grow spiritually. It isn't a question of obeying each other. It is one of submitting to each other. That was the foot-washing lesson that the Lord taught us who follow Him. We have to be willing to accept each other's help, and also to help each other grow and mature and bear fruit too.
Why, tell, do you accuse me of rejecting any authority outside myself Ihe, when the truth is that I quote Scripture as the authority for my statements? Do you check any of the links I post or do you treat them with contempt because they come from buda?

I am not a fellow believer, and you rightly reject me on such grounds. But surely, if by believer, you mean a follower of the teachings of Christ, why do you reject your neighbour buda, Ihe, why do you reject your enemy buda, even? Or is it that we speak the words, believe them even, but doers of those words we are not?

No God ever told me we are no good, Ihe, and even if I am to believe I myself are no good, it surely is not for me to go about thinking my neighbour is no good! I should be minding the forest in my own eyes and working on my own perfection instead of focusing on the speck in my neighbours or even my enemies eye! Surely, if I "believe" in submitting to each other, I should submit first instead of insisting as you do that you submit to me?

Please know that I do not require your submission. I am buda, and not the Lord God Almighty, the only One one need submit to.

Ihedinobi3:
Finally, you make a lot of absolute statements here that I see no reason to consider even remotely true. Possibly the worst of them is that God did not say that we must not do such and such to the Bible. How do you know that? Are you God perhaps? Or do you have a direct line to Him so that you alone are privy to what He says about things?
I provide evidence for my statements Ihe, or do you also see no reason to consider them? Please show where God said "love your Bible", as opposed to "love your neighbour and your enemy buda too". In fact, Ihe, does the Scripture you claim to hold in such high esteem not say you should give the shirt off your back to your enemy buda?

Yes, Ihe, I do have a direct line to God. It is called the Comforter, that which my Lord and Messiah Jesus sent me when he returned to the right hand of the Lord God Almighty. Surely, you too ought to have such a direct line. But if you lack a direct line, ask God who gives generously to all who ask, without finding fault, and it will be given to you too.

Ihedinobi3:
Another bad one is that our error is in thinking that we alone have found and others must learn from us. Even if we thought so, who said that it's an error? You? Should we be worshiping you now? Or should we take what you said to mean that we cannot assume that what you said is not true and therefore we must not think that you have found too and listen to you? How does that work exactly?
Please know that I see you as one who has the ability to separate the wheat from the chaff and discern the spirit in which I speak, but in this above you have competely turned what I say on its head and read into it what I say not.

If I think I alone have a direct line to God, Ihe, then I am a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal, or more appropriately, an arrogant fuq, and to be honest, you would be able to tell by my use of words like "submit to buda", for that is what I would require from those I presume to be superior to.

Ihedinobi3:
I get that you have no intention to yield to the Gospel, given your many years of rebellion against it. And that's your business, but I can't reconcile that lack with your interest in the Lord Jesus.
You make me wonder if you actually mean "submit to Ihe". Is it not written that God alone shall one submit to and worship?

Even when I was an atheist, I had no reason to rebel against the Word. You may check the validity of this by following the link in my signature to a post of mine that dates all the way back to 2007. The Word is God, Ihe. One must see the Spirit in it though or one might believe it but not be a doer of the Word.

As to reconciling my interest in Jesus, that need not be of concern to you for surely, in as much as I love you, the Lord God Almighty who alone sees the content of the heart is pleased.

Please know that I jumped into this thread to accuse OkCornel of dragging you into an argument and now see myself as a hypocrite.

The Peace of the Lord be with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
Wow!

I just went through the comments of the those who recognize the face of Jesus in this portrait, and it's really amazing to find several of them talk about the same gaze in the eyes of Jesus that I've been particular about.

We truly serve a living God.

OkCornel:
A documentary on Akiane;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm9BGxpf0hU

''Painting The Impossible'' by Akiane Kramarik" - 1.48 million views; 4,528 comments...

Some comments/testimonies on the link;

ON FACEBOOK: <Link is too long to paste here> Search for Akianeart on facebook; Over 2,826 comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 5:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Wow!

I just went through the comments right now of the those who recognize the face of Jesus in this portrait, and it's really amazing to find several of them talk about the same gaze in the eyes of Jesus that I've been particular about.

We truly serve a living God.

Yup...that gaze pierced through me first time I saw it.

Showed it a friend as well, she said the same thing about that piercing gaze.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2019
Still acting out your delusions on Nairaland cheesy

Go and do something positive for society and stop this childishness....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2019
I can see Ihedinobi3 is still a slave of the white Jesus.

What a shame.

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
frosbel2:
Still acting out your delusions on Nairaland cheesy

Go and do something positive for society and stop this childishness....
Oh you want the two of us to become foolish at the same time? cheesy

Nah! You can remain foolish for the both of us. grin
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
frosbel2:
I can see Ihedinobi3 is still a slave of the white Jesus.

What a shame.
Better than being a slave of the black devil. wink
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Oh you want the two of us to become foolish at the same time? cheesy

Nah! You can remain foolish for the both of us. grin

I agree, the foolihsness of white Jesus that has plunged Nigeria into darkness... wink

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Better than being a slave of the black devil. wink

So you agree with the whites that black as in black stands for the devil and the black man , while white as in white Jesus stands for the white man. There you have it, the source of your error. sad

1 Like

Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Successdude(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2019
OkCornel:

I've told you it's not about religion or "Christianity"

This is about worshipping God in spirit and truth.

Religion is a counterfeit, Spirituality and Truth is the real deal.

The Spirit of God is there to guide you. It has been poured out on all flesh (not just a religious sect). You have the option to listen and obey or not. It's left to you.

The Spirit in man is a fragment of God in man. That's a starting point. And that's why no man will have an excuse before God.

Man has been wired to recognize the truth by intuition and also by conscience once he encounters it.

As long as you have a Spirit (obviously that's what keeps a man conscious in this realm of existence) you have a limited capacity to recognize the truth.

But when your Spirit is in partnership with the Spirit of God, your capacity increases tremendously.

Cheers...

To say, I have the choice to obey or not, isn't an expected response from you if you really understand what the question has been all through...

I see you mentioned the spirit of man ..... In other words you're saying the good thing about walking with God through Jesus is increase in capacity right ?

Hence Buddhists are using the aspect of man which is the explanation behind the successes that comes as result of their meditation ....

But aligning with God increases the capacity no matter how big it may be now....

With that, then the walkers with God ain't doing enough walking cos they seem same level with these other people .....

If I may ask you now, what proof do we have about afterlife ??
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Successdude(m): 9:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
jesusjnr:
Truth!

John 8:32 (KJV)

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

So really this is the truth ? What makes it truth ?

And this : what proof do we have about afterlife.

The reason for some of these questions is the word that what we doing as believers is 'the white man's fabricated religion' ....

So one needed to clear stuff
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
frosbel2:

I agree, the foolihsness of white Jesus that has plunged Nigeria into darkness... wink
I accept that the extent of your foolishness makes you see things in reverse, but before the end of this year, all your foolishness shall be cured in Jesus name! Now can I get an amen frosbel?
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by OkCornel(m): 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
Successdude:

To say, I have the choice to obey or not, isn't an expected response from you if you really understand what the question has been all through...

That is why I am trying to figure out what you are after. Is it about religion? Or about the existence of God?

Successdude:

I see you mentioned the spirit of man ..... In other words you're saying the good thing about walking with God through Jesus is increase in capacity right ?

Walking with God is made possible through His Spirit connecting with yours. Jesus is the best example of that. Other notable mentions are Enoch, Abraham, Adam, The prophets (Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel e.t.c.)

Successdude:

Hence Buddhists are using the aspect of man which is the explanation behind the successes that comes as result of their meditation ....

Have you done a side by side comparison between Buhdda and Jesus to see a lot of similarities between them?

Successdude:

But aligning with God increases the capacity no matter how big it may be now....

With that, then the walkers with God ain't doing enough walking cos they seem same level with these other people .....
Per the bolded, I need a bit of clarity as to who you are referring to.

Successdude:

If I may ask you now, what proof do we have about afterlife ??

Apart from the scriptures, testimonies of others with an NDE, those pronounced clinically dead...but came back to life.

For the fact that your consciousness is not tied to your physical body alone, and you can dream.

If you're seeking a personal experience to the after life. Good and well, it's not beyond God to take you on a trip there and back...
Re: The Jesus I Saw, Same As That Drawn By An Eight Year Old Who Also Saw Him-Photos by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
frosbel2:

So you agree with the whites that black as in black stands for the devil and the black man , while white as in white Jesus stands for the white man. There you have it, the source of your error. sad
Nice one, so when you called Jesus the white Jesus, you were also showing the source of your error?

Maybe you need a mirror right now to see who is actually guilty of your allegation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Special Offering For Boko Haram Victims On December 7, 2014 / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed By Ushers ? Share Your Experience / Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.