Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,432 members, 7,808,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? (32678 Views)

What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / What Did You Accomplish This Year That You Are Proud Of? / He Called After 5 Years In The US (read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Donchukz(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
It's normal. As people begin to grow and collide with reality as they leave the comfort provided by their parents, it's every man for himself. True friendship doesn't exist; every man is looking out for himself; and friends/relatives will easily throw you under the bus when it benefits them. You might be kind hearted and have helped people but they may betray and treat you like trash with ease when you are in need. It's common because human beings will be human beings. Take heart.

Take my advice, don't keep friends. Only have necessary and useful acquaintances and business partners. Stop having emotional connections with people. In a world filled with ravenous wolves, being too nice is a weakness. grin

Words soooooo deep
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by DevilhimseIf: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:
Honestly I don’t know grin
[/s]
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by estilo(f): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2019
My business
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Divay22(f): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2019
So many things.
But in all, I lost my father this morning cry

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by anungangampu: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2019
Nthrone:

People are like names written on a sea shore, they love for a while, stay together for a while, they care for a while, but just a blow of the wind, they are scattered far and wide, if they ever meet again , it will never be as it use to be. That's why, its good to cherish and treasure every beautiful moment, some things happen just once, only once in a life time. Other coming days may be huddles and troubles , those good old days will be the one that will keep u going.
Seeems i will apply this to my life or rather that the kind of life am living now
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by realtalk19: 11:23am On Aug 20, 2019
Violent nassicist husband, fear of the future
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by spyglaxx: 11:24am On Aug 20, 2019
A chance to make 70m from bitcoins . I thought it was an antichrist money.
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Bamz(m): 11:25am On Aug 20, 2019
Blackivy27:
Want to enter. grin

Lol enter quickly and face your book oh grin
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
This claim is plausible because we know that the following are true :
1) China exists
2) Chinese and others live in China.
3) China rice is common in China and eaten by the Chinese frequently.
4) The population in China is huge.

However, we can make such a claim as a prediction not as a fact because, however small the probability, it is theoretically possible that, for a moment, no one in China was eating Chinese rice. To proclaim with certainty that someone in China is eating Chinese rice now, you must present evidence.

Beside, asking an omnipotent God for evidence of his existence is not so much to ask. Even better is that such a god wants me to believe in him. How then is there no evidence? Because others believe in things without evidence doesn't mean it is right to believe in god without evidence. You might as well believe in Buhari's clone, Jubril, without evidence or the rainbow coloured statue in the centre of planet Neptune without evidence. grin

Believing things as facts without evidence is a stupid thing to do.

I have asked and God has proved himself in a way that can't be ignored.

The question is, have you asked God to prove Himself or are you just wallowing in the dark spreading heresis?

1 Like

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2019
Bamz:

Lol enter quickly and face your book oh grin
I'll make you proud. Lolzz.
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Bianda24: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:

mehn take heart my dear.
how does it feel like to lose a love one?

An unexplainable vacuum. You miss things that you normally do with your loved one. In the case of my mum, I usually called her every morning, sometimes we discussed sensitive issues that affect either of us. I am so close to her that now that she is gone, I can't confide in anyone. Though I am trying to see if my wife will fit in.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Oleku1(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2019
Blackivy27:
Lolzz, i still am. I had only one bf most we did was one kiss
hmmm. Why?
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2019
Oleku1:
hmmm. Why?
it's how i saw it. And no one available to ...
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Martinez39(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

I have asked and God has proved himself in a way that can't be ignored.

The question is, have you asked God to prove Himself or are you just wallowing in the dark spreading heresis?
Yes. Even without asking, a god that wants people to acknowledge his existence would provide sound evidence of his existence if he is really serious.

By the way, what is this evidence that god showed you?

1 Like

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Splendblex(f): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2019
[quote author=moonnstar post=81418252]My first love,he died august 19th,2014

Sorry dear...I believe you'll find and fall in love again, that's if you haven't. Kpele kiss
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by idalex: 11:37am On Aug 20, 2019
pansophist:

I concur. 100%.

Though, I still keep friends, but my guards are up, always. I'll hardly put myself in a situation where I'll need help from anyone, cos it at that moment people flee. By default, I see everyone as a betrayal on pending, and they will show themselves when the opportunity benefits them.

In a capitalist world, empathy, niceness, altruism, being human is a dangerous armour, and should be reserved for ones partner, ascendants, and dependants. The only people one should trust should be their parents and to some extent, their siblings.

right observation
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2019
Bianda24:

An unexplainable vacuum. You miss things that you normally do with your loved one. In the case of my mum, I usually called her every morning, sometimes we discussed sensitive issues that affect either of us. I am so close to her that now that she is gone, I can't confide in anyone. Though I am trying to see if my wife will fit in.
ur wife may fit in but would never replace ur mother seriously

1 Like

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by okeniti: 11:40am On Aug 20, 2019
I strongly advise against this. Playing roulette with depression and inevitable suicide.

TechCapon:
is it possible to exist in this world without friends?
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Oleku1(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2019
Divay22:
So many things.
Sad news. Take heart nne
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by idalex: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
Without friends? Yes. All you need, where need be, are useful and necessary acquaintances and business partners. These are not necessarily friends but they ar needed.

there exits only interest
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2019
Range Rover

1 Like

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Oleku1(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2019
Blackivy27:
it's how i saw it. And no one available to ...
That last line is so not true. Can we hook up on WhatsApp?
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Martinez39(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2019
idalex:

there exits only interest
Exactly! Everyone is for their interest.
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
No one knows about the origin of things. It's still a mystery but there is no evidence that a supreme god did it. Even if we say that a god did it, how do you know that god is your god?
You're very confused. The people liking your post did so 'cause you mentioned God doesn't exist. Apart from that, your proof of God's nonexistence is shallow. How do you boldly state that the reasons behind God's nonexistence is a mystery and yet, you don't believe he exist. Height of unintelligence.

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
Yes. Even without asking, a god that wants people to acknowledge his existence would provide sound evidence of his existence if he is really serious.

By the way, what is this evidence that god showed you?

Deuteronomy 29:29
The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Do you walk around revealing your secret to anyone you meet in your life? Don't you select people you reveal your secrets? What made you reveal it to them?

I won't tell you how God revealed himself to me, pray for yours and get an answer.

Let me invite you to my church. The Fountain of Life Church, Ilupeju. Don't worry, we won't ask you for tithe.

Come and listen to the undiluted word of God and fill your life with love and hope again. Sunday service: 9:30-12:30. Thursday showers: 9:00am- 11am

2 Likes

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 20, 2019
Joystark:
Dreams...
Really big imaginations about how my adulthood was gon be.

But adulthood na scam embarassed
It's not a scam. Adulthood is about choices. You make the right one and it works for you, you get positive feedbacks, but when you make wrong choices, you know what you get.
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Mydazz(m): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2019
40secondsguy:
My virginity angry
Who stole it ?
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:
It's normal. As people begin to grow and collide with reality as they leave the comfort provided by their parents, it's every man for himself. True friendship doesn't exist; every man is looking out for himself; and friends/relatives will easily throw you under the bus when it benefits them. You might be kind hearted and have helped people but they may betray and treat you like trash with ease when you are in need. It's common because human beings will be human beings. Take heart.

Take my advice, don't keep friends. Only have necessary and useful acquaintances and business partners. Stop having emotional connections with people. In a world filled with ravenous wolves, being too nice is a weakness. grin

Well said!
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by iamphill: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2019
My darling wife. Miss her everyday
Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by Triniti(m): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
Martinez39:

You just said my mind,all I do is be a good guy to my so called friends. Borrow them huge amount of money when they are in need, feed them when they are hungry only for them to pay me back with evil whenever the opportunity arises. Right now, I’m just one cold hearted modafucker. I’m so self centered now, it’s all about me and my immediate family

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You Have 5 Years Ago That You No Longer Have? by orunmila144: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2019
Divay22:
So many things.
really ? this morning ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Passengers Burnt To Death In Accident At Uli, Anambra (Graphic Pics, Video) / Photo Of Santa Claus Selling Fish (photos) / Fatal Accident Along Ikot Ekpene-aba Road(Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.