Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:26 AM

Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy (13456 Views)

My Boerboel Dog Has 8 Breast Teats For 10 Puppies / Meet My Boerboel RIO / My Boerboel And Neapolitan Mastiff All Grown And Sexy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 10:45am On Aug 21, 2019
vincentjk:

I don't think I agree with that, dry food isn't superior to wet/raw food

I know many people on Instagram and Facebook groups who do raw and wet feeds, their dogs have the healthiest and shiniest coat. All that is needed is just for the raw food or meat to be well treated
exactly
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2019
agboedeh:
op add eggs to his dogs diet. Eggs contains all nurients a dog might need.

I also crush the shells into the food, it provides calcium. She eats everything.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 11:06am On Aug 21, 2019
newsynews:

I also crush the shells into the food, it provides calcium. She eats everything.
confirm....nice job op.

1 Like

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2019
agboedeh:
op add eggs to his dogs diet. Eggs contains all nurients a dog might need.
all the nutrients in what amount?
can you compare the amount of calcium in an egg shell to bone meal?(which is in commercial dog food) or the protein in meat or the vitamins in vegetables or multivitamins?
we shouldnt be having an argument on whether indomie, foetus and egg is comparable to dog food made by nutritional experts.
its funny how people are putting down commercial dog food now and saying the food they cook at home is better but when they want their dog to look like the ones they see online they'll rush to buy gorilla max grin.
why dont they ever use the home made meal to bulk up the dog and improve its appearance? lol. lets call a spade a spade please.
eggs shouldn't make up more than 10% of your dog's diet.
eggs are healthy doesn't mean you can feed a dog anything and throw in one egg there and say it's a balanced diet grin.
please let's not derail the thread, let's move on
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2019
News Flash

The owner of the parents I bought Jessy from just informed me that they still have a female and two males left in the litter. I'm seriously contemplating getting the female.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 5:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
IamAnderson:

all the nutrients in what amount?
can you compare the amount of calcium in an egg shell to bone meal?(which is in commercial dog food) or the protein in meat or the vitamins in vegetables or multivitamins?
we shouldnt be having an argument on whether indomie, foetus and egg is comparable to dog food made by nutritional experts.
its funny how people are putting down commercial dog food now and saying the food they cook at home is better but when they want their dog to look like the ones they see online they'll rush to buy gorilla max grin.
why dont they ever use the home made meal to bulk up the dog and improve its appearance? lol. lets call a spade a spade please.
eggs shouldn't make up more than 10% of your dog's diet.
eggs are healthy doesn't mean you can feed a dog anything and throw in one egg there and say it's a balanced diet grin.
please let's not derail the thread, let's move on
okay sha. I get ur point.
am not saying home made food is better than processed food. It actually depends on the type of kibble u feed them. feeding ur dog indomie,meat,milk and eggs is actually better than some types of kibble.
most kibble contains fillers with just small amount of nutrients. okay, let me break it down
feeding indomie,meat,milk and eggs would give ur dog :
1 Meat has about 23 grams per 3 ounces of protein, vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, , niacin, and vitamin Bplus and the extra quality protein gotten from the eggs which is about 5 to 6 grams
2 You would also get some disease fighting nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin along with iron, vitamins, minerals
3 Let's not forget the amount of carbohydrate and other micro-nutrients such as , manganese, folate and B vitamins you would get from the noodles.
4  1.6 grams of saturated fat from just eggs alone.
Look,some of this so called kibble might not contain even up to half of this nutrients. What am trying to say is DAT we shouldn't just say kibble is better than home cooked meals because it all depends on the type of kibble and the type of cooked food. Some kibble contains more nutrients than some cooked foods, while some home cooked food contains more nutrients than some types of kibble
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
newsynews:

News Flash

The owner of the parents I bought Jessy from just informed me that they still have a female and two males left in the litter. I'm seriously contemplating getting the female.
if u have the financial capability, then go for it
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
Our Reality Online Show took our camera crew to visit Jessy's remaining siblings. grin

2 Males and one female left. One of the males is tight as he's always been. Would have gotten him but I don't need a male. I'm eyeing the female, but currently considering cost of care.

The Reality Online Show continues...

...a new housemate cagemate may be unveiled soon.

To evict her from the immoral DDNaija house she is in, click LIKE. To make her remain, click SHARE.

Click a button, let's make our show interesting. grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2019
agboedeh:
okay sha. I get ur point.
am not saying home made food is better than processed food. It actually depends on the type of kibble u feed them. feeding ur dog indomie,meat,milk and eggs is actually better than some types of kibble.
most kibble contains fillers with just small amount of nutrients. okay, let me break it down
feeding indomie,meat,milk and eggs would give ur dog :
1 Meat has about 23 grams per 3 ounces of protein, vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, , niacin, and vitamin Bplus and the extra quality protein gotten from the eggs which is about 5 to 6 grams
2 You would also get some disease fighting nutrients such as lutein and zeaxanthin along with iron, vitamins, minerals
3 Let's not forget the amount of carbohydrate and other micro-nutrients such as , manganese, folate and B vitamins you would get from the noodles.
4  1.6 grams of saturated fat from just eggs alone.
Look,some of this so called kibble might not contain even up to half of this nutrients. What am trying to say is DAT we shouldn't just say kibble is better than home cooked meals because it all depends on the type of kibble and the type of cooked food. Some kibble contains more nutrients than some cooked foods, while some home cooked food contains more nutrients than some types of kibble
remember when I said "if you use a good brand" and "when coupled with wet food and meat it's the best"?.
and why are you guys acting like indomie is not a filler on it's own?.
do you really think indomie is such a healthy diet for a human not to talk of a dog?
rice is an even better filler for your dog's meal than indomie.
and if you're reading the back of indomie packet to get the nutritional component of indomie then you're wrong grin.
the nutrients are there in trace amounts yes but are they digestible?
feed your dog noodles and check it's poop and feed your dog meat and brown rice and check it's poop you'll see the difference grin.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
newsynews:

Our Reality Online Show took our camera crew to visit Jessy's remaining siblings. grin

2 Males and one female left. One of the males is tight as he's always been. Would have gotten him but I don't need a male. I'm eyeing the female, but currently considering cost of care.

To evict her from the immoral DDNaija house she is in, click LIKE. To make her remain, click SHARE.

see the difference between her and her siblings grin she's really doing good.

are you sure you want littermates? it's not advisable to get pups from the same litter

maybe you should ask around for a new litter
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by Leemekzy: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
newsynews:

It's Lagos.
were in lagos?
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
Leemekzy:
were in lagos?
Agege abattoir.

1 Like

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 7:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
IamAnderson:

see the difference between her and her siblings grin she's really doing good.

are you sure you want littermates? it's not advisable to get pups from the same litter

maybe you should ask around for a new litter

Is there any adverse effect in getting puppies from the same litter?
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2019
IamAnderson:

remember when I said "if you use a good brand" and "when coupled with wet food and meat it's the best"?.
and why are you guys acting like indomie is not a filler on it's own?.
do you really think indomie is such a healthy diet for a human not to talk of a dog?
rice is an even better filler for your dog's meal than indomie.
and if you're reading the back of indomie packet to get the nutritional component of indomie then you're wrong grin.
the nutrients are there in trace amounts yes but are they digestible?
feed your dog noodles and check it's poop and feed your dog meat and brown rice and check it's poop you'll see the difference grin.
ooo, so u would still mix the dry food with wet food and meat. It sounded as if u comparing dry food only with cooked food.
how would u call indomie just a filler wen I just mentioned the nutritional contents. If u say 27 grams of carbohydrate, 7 grams of fat, Saturated fat 3 grams,Protein 4 grams to be just trace amounts then we clearly have different definitions of trace.
Since u decided to go to the health risk of indomie, let also talk about the health risk of dry kibble. Most kibble contains high level of acrylamide unlike wet food which have been found to cause cancer in animals. No wonder most of these days, you would be hearing cases of lots of dogs suffering from cancer here and there. You would hadly hear that a street dog suffered cancer unlike those house pampered kibble fed dogs. Watch d incredible doctor pole, u will see lots of cancer cases.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
newsynews:

pls don't get another dog yet. take care of this one first. its like urs is d best out if the whole litter.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
newsynews:

If u mate siblings, the litter usually have behavioural issues
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2019
agboedeh:
pls don't get another dog yet. take care of this one first. its like urs is d best out if the whole litter.

Will be resuming a full time job soon. I don't want Jessy to be lonely when leave for work. Her sister could keep her company and be play mates with her.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
newsynews:

Will be resuming a full time job soon. I don't want Jessy to be lonely when leave for work. Her sister could keep her company and be play mates with her.
okay then. Its better u go for a puppy from diff parents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
agboedeh:
ooo, so u would still mix the dry food with wet food and meat. It sounded as if u comparing dry food only with cooked food.
how would u call indomie just a filler wen I just mentioned the nutritional contents. If u say 27 grams of carbohydrate, 7 grams of fat, Saturated fat 3 grams,Protein 4 grams to be just trace amounts then we clearly have different definitions of trace.
Since u decided to go to the health risk of indomie, let also talk about the health risk of dry kibble. Most kibble contains high level of acrylamide unlike wet food which have been found to cause cancer in animals. No wonder most of these days, you would be hearing cases of lots of dogs suffering from cancer here and there. You would hadly hear that a street dog suffered cancer unlike those house pampered kibble fed dogs. Watch d incredible doctor pole, u will see lots of cancer cases.
if you read all my comments you'll see were I said I meant dog food in general, writing wet and dry food was just unnecessary so I stuck with dry food.
I even talked about adding raw meat and wet food to make a complete dog diet but I guess you didn't read that one too.
and I also talked about usable nutrients in noodles and how what you read on the back of indomie isn't what your dog will digest, just try and compare the poop of a dog fed with indomie to the poop of a dog fed with rice and you'll see the difference.
indomie is not an "easy to digest" healthy meal for dogs so I don't get why Nigerians act like it's so good, the truth is that it's just cheaper.
if you check very well you'll see that it's only Nigerians that feed their dogs large quantity of human noodles and claim their dogs are eating balanced diet.
even if you check online for homemade dog food recipes will you see indomie there?
brown rice>>>>indomie so don't even go there.
and how is watching a show about a vet that treats sick animals a good reference on the statistics of dog cancer?
I mean, you're watching a show where they treat sick dogs so what do you expect to see?
and besides, those dogs you see there aren't all fed exclusively on kibbles so I don't get how you came up with that. do you think white people all feed their dogs kibble? a lot of people feed their dogs homemade meals too so watching a show were sick dogs are being treated and assuming they were all brought up with kibble is very ridiculous.
and dog cancer isn't a very common thing, I'm sure you have never seen a dog with cancer except on Dr pol.
you guys make it look like dog cancer is a sure thing or a very probable thing with dog food fed dogs, it's a lie, the cancer cases are very few and they also affect homemade dog food fed dogs too.

people will rush to buy malaria drugs and rush to buy paracetamol when they are sick and want fast results but when it comes to dog food they'll argue with the people that studied animal nutrition that the one they use guess work to put together at home is better.
or are you only afraid of cancer and question the experts decision when it comes to dog food?
why are you still buying multivitamins, cod liver oil dewormer and the rest when homemade is better?
why do people switch to gorillamax and royal canine when they want show worthy dogs?.
have you allowed any warning about the dangers of processed food stop you from eating processed food daily? or does the cancer warning only apply to dog food?
you get my point Right?
keep the same energy if you're sure you're correct

bro let's stop this back and forth about this issue, read my other comments properly I've just been repeating myself, I've already started derailing the thread let it end here.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
agboedeh:
okay then. Its better u go for a puppy from diff parents
I agree grin
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by KenechukwuEdu: 6:13am On Aug 22, 2019
IamAnderson:

well you were almost right....
first of all, dogs are not the same animals they were in the wild so comparing what they ate then and now is just ludacris.
dogs ate rotting meat in that era but right now some dogs fall sick if they eat bad eggs or they don't get dewormed regularly.

secondly, saying that dry food is bad in the sense of the possibility of cancer is also far fetched. yes processed food(even with humans) have the probability of causing cancer but the possibility is small to insignificant.
also, isn't indomie also processed food?, which do you think is healthier for a growing puppy, processed food for dogs or processed food for humans?
how many dogs have you seen or heard of that suffers from a form of cancer?
dry food isn't even meant to be a probable way for your dog to develop cancerous cells, it's just very improbable.
saying that dry food makes dogs fat is also wrong because any food with enough fat inside it will make your dog put on weight.
if you over feed your dog your dog will get fat, if you feed a dog the right amount of food it will not get over weight.
the indomie and foetus you feed your dogs is also rich in fat you know? and the fat in dry food is healthier than the fat in indomie for dogs.
yes raw food gives better dental hygiene with dogs but then again you can still clean your dog's teeth to prevent tartar build up.
I brush my dog's teeth twice a week with canine toothpaste and his teeth are still very white and it also gives him fresh minty breath.
Canned food company suppose pay you for this advert but Raw and cooked food is better for dogs, that is the simple truth
thirdly, dry food contains all the requirements a dog needs to grow, it contains vegetables (which you don't feed your dog), probiotics to keep the dog healthy (which you don't feed your dog), the right calcium to phosphorus ratio( which you also don't give your dog), natural occurring bacteria to boost immunity and resistance to sickness (which you also don't feed your dog).
it contains the right amount if protein and fat for a dog to grow healthy and the amount of carbohydrate in it was also properly calculated.
it's also rich in vitamins and minerals that also help growing puppies.
the food you make at home is basically guess work tbh, I'm sure you don't even know the nutritional make up of the noodles you feed your dog, a dog's diet isn't just carbohydrate and protein with one multivitamin tablet a day.
you can say you don't want to feed your dog dry food for your own reasons but you can't say it's better to feed a dog noodles made for human consumption (which isn't also healthy for a humans daily diet) and an unborn cow than food made by actual nutritionists that have degrees in animal nutrition.

even if you want to feed your dog homemade food, indomie and foetus isn't in anyway a balanced meal for puppies lol, there are several better home made recipes tbh .

you can choose to feed your dog homemade food but you can't deny the fact that dry food and canned puppy food is superior.
my dog has been on puppy food since he was 4 weeks old and now he's turning one year old in a few weeks and he hasn't fallen sick once, not even once.
his dental hygiene is okay, his weight is okay and he's also lean and healthy.
most of those stories you hear about dry food are false or misinformed.
dry food isn't bad for dogs if you buy a trustworthy brand and give the right quantity.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 6:54am On Aug 22, 2019
IamAnderson:

if you read all my comments you'll see were I said I meant dog food in general, writing wet and dry food was just unnecessary so I stuck with dry food.
I even talked about adding raw meat and wet food to make a complete dog diet but I guess you didn't read that one too.
and I also talked about usable nutrients in noodles and how what you read on the back of indomie isn't what your dog will digest, just try and compare the poop of a dog fed with indomie to the poop of a dog fed with rice and you'll see the difference.
indomie is not an "easy to digest" healthy meal for dogs so I don't get why Nigerians act like it's so good, the truth is that it's just cheaper.
if you check very well you'll see that it's only Nigerians that feed their dogs large quantity of human noodles and claim their dogs are eating balanced diet.
even if you check online for homemade dog food recipes will you see indomie there?
brown rice>>>>indomie so don't even go there.
and how is watching a show about a vet that treats sick animals a good reference on the statistics of dog cancer?
I mean, you're watching a show where they treat sick dogs so what do you expect to see?
and besides, those dogs you see there aren't all fed exclusively on kibbles so I don't get how you came up with that. do you think white people all feed their dogs kibble? a lot of people feed their dogs homemade meals too so watching a show were sick dogs are being treated and assuming they were all brought up with kibble is very ridiculous.
and dog cancer isn't a very common thing, I'm sure you have never seen a dog with cancer except on Dr pol.
you guys make it look like dog cancer is a sure thing or a very probable thing with dog food fed dogs, it's a lie, the cancer cases are very few and they also affect homemade dog food fed dogs too.

people will rush to buy malaria drugs and rush to buy paracetamol when they are sick and want fast results but when it comes to dog food they'll argue with the people that studied animal nutrition that the one they use guess work to put together at home is better.
or are you only afraid of cancer and question the experts decision when it comes to dog food?
why are you still buying multivitamins, cod liver oil dewormer and the rest when homemade is better?
why do people switch to gorillamax and royal canine when they want show worthy dogs?.
have you allowed any warning about the dangers of processed food stop you from eating processed food daily? or does the cancer warning only apply to dog food?
you get my point Right?
keep the same energy if you're sure you're correct

bro let's stop this back and forth about this issue, read my other comments properly I've just been repeating myself, I've already started derailing the thread let it end here.
U keep generalizing, dogA will be able to digest indomie without any problems while dogB wouldn't digest it the same way.Its not all dogs that get watery poo from eating indomie,it all depends on ur dog. Same with kibble.
When it comes to the cancer case,I think u need to do more research. And yes most of those dogs suffering cancer are fed with kibble. How do I know wat people in the show feed their dogs? because its part of the question asked by the vet. How would u say that Dr pole ain't a good reference! is it mostly cancer a vet hospital is supposed to treat. Just imaging coming to a Human hospital and see that its about 40% of patients that is suffering from diff types of cancer,would definitely know something is wrong. When u use a method called sampling,u would know that these instances could be used to draw conclusions.
Cancer is more common in animals than u think,do ur research. Even on Nairaland, cases of cancerous tumors are seen,You tube, and facebook so don't just assume that i av only seen it on Dr pole...I just gave one reference.Yes,we humans eat processed food but is that all we eat? processed food would make up abt 10% of our meals and some humans still suffer cancer compared to 100% of a dogs meal.
Y are u bringing gorrila max,multivitamins and dewormers into this. Gorilla max is a muscle building food and its not part if this topic. Just like asking me why body builders use steroids and nt just depending on the food they eat and the weight they carry. Multivitamins and dewormers are essentials. Just like asking me y humans take multivitamins and not depending on the vitamins we get in food we eat. I think u drifting from the real arguments.
Look, kibble has its advantages and disadvantages and so does home foods. Most of the so called experts are only looking for more ways to make profit. If the op wishes that home food is the best for his dog,then I agree with him.. I mean just see his dog even looking better than his litter mates.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 8:09am On Aug 22, 2019
agboedeh:
U keep generalizing, dogA will be able to digest indomie without any problems while dogB wouldn't digest it the same way.Its not all dogs that get watery poo from eating indomie,it all depends on ur dog. Same with kibble.
When it comes to the cancer case,I think u need to do more research. And yes most of those dogs suffering cancer are fed with kibble. How do I know wat people in the show feed their dogs? because its part of the question asked by the vet. How would u say that Dr pole ain't a good reference! is it mostly cancer a vet hospital is supposed to treat. Just imaging coming to a Human hospital and see that its about 40% of patients that is suffering from diff types of cancer,would definitely know something is wrong. When u use a method called sampling,u would know that these instances could be used to draw conclusions.
Cancer is more common in animals than u think,do ur research. Even on Nairaland, cases of cancerous tumors are seen,You tube, and facebook so don't just assume that i av only seen it on Dr pole...I just gave one reference.Yes,we humans eat processed food but is that all we eat? processed food would make up abt 10% of our meals and some humans still suffer cancer compared to 100% of a dogs meal.
Y are u bringing gorrila max,multivitamins and dewormers into this. Gorilla max is a muscle building food and its not part if this topic. Just like asking me why body builders use steroids and nt just depending on the food they eat and the weight they carry. Multivitamins and dewormers are essentials. Just like asking me y humans take multivitamins and not depending on the vitamins we get in food we eat. I think u drifting from the real arguments.
Look, kibble has its advantages and disadvantages and so does home foods. Most of the so called experts are only looking for more ways to make profit. If the op wishes that home food is the best for his dog,then I agree with him.. I mean just see his dog even looking better than his litter mates.
I'm not typing another reply, let it end here, let's not ruin this thread with arguments.
I've said what I said and you know it's true, you're just making me repeat myself.
I don't have anything with home cooked meals, in fact I'm even switching next week.
I replied OP because of the way he put down dog food and if you read my previous comments(which I doubt you are) you'll see that I said a dog on home cooked meals can still do very well.
my point was that a good brand of dog food is still better than a lot of home cooked meals.
It's your choice what you decide to cook for your dog or buy ready made food.
there is still no way you can convince anybody here that indomie and foetus with one egg is better than a plate of royal canine and pedigree wet food with meat on top
there are even several better home made recipes for dog food that you guys ignore that are even more nutritious.
and I referenced multivitamins and dewormers because they also have home made recipes to recreate them but everyone ignore them and buys the ones that the same people you're calling "looking for ways to make profit" made.
I'm sure if dry food was cheaper more people won't be trying to make this argument.
if you really want to convince me you're all for giving your dog good food that's why you don't like dog food then how about you start with buying actual meat and not cow foetus?
even the cow foetus you're buying has been liked to canine infertility and also chicken necks have been linked to canine paralysis but how come it doesn't phase you?
is it because it's cheaper than buying actual meat for your dog?
I'm not trying to antagonize anyone here, OPs dog is doing well and I admire the pup.
I'm just being honest here.
I'm also going to start feeding home made food too but I'm just saying the truth.
I'm not replying the argument again
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 8:13am On Aug 22, 2019
newsynews:

yeah mating dogs from the same litter can be bad for the bloodline.
also getting pups from the same litter can lead to behavioural issues in the dogs, sometimes they become co-dependent which is bad.
it's not such a big deal tho, since yours are both females you can give it a try if it'll work for you.
goodluck
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2019
newsynews:

oh and I'm sorry for the argument I started, I'm not going to reply again to drag it on, it's my fault sad

oh and try feeding her a little bit of plain unsweetened yoghurt sometimes, it's rich in probiotics which helps prevent sickness and also strengthens her belly, plus the calcium is good for her teeth and bones wink
now she's a pup and she can still drink milk products it's good to give her once in a while now
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2019
agboedeh:
Most of the so called experts are only looking for more ways to make profit. If the op wishes that home food is the best for his dog,then I agree with him.. I mean just see his dog even looking better than his litter mates.

Experts are mostly sponsored by commercial dog food manufacturers. They also sponsor vets to hype them.

Jessy's siblings have been feeding on Bingo dry food mixed with JoJo Canned food. They also add Three Crowns Milk, the powdered form. Same thing Jessy was eating when she was still with them.

All I'm seeing in Jessy are muscles while her mates are still having the swollen tummy she came with.

To each his own
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2019
IamAnderson:

oh and I'm sorry for the argument I started, I'm not going to reply again to drag it on, it's my fault sad

oh and try feeding her a little bit of plain unsweetened yoghurt sometimes, it's rich in probiotics which helps prevent sickness and also strengthens her belly, plus the calcium is good for her teeth and bones wink
now she's a pup and she can still drink milk products it's good to give her once in a while now

Which puppy milk is good?

I don't want to use the ones made for humans.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2019
IamAnderson:

I'm not typing another reply, let it end here, let's not ruin this thread with arguments.
I've said what I said and you know it's true, you're just making me repeat myself.
I don't have anything with home cooked meals, in fact I'm even switching next week.
I replied OP because of the way he put down dog food and if you read my previous comments(which I doubt you are) you'll see that I said a dog on home cooked meals can still do very well.
my point was that a good brand of dog food is still better than a lot of home cooked meals.
It's your choice what you decide to cook for your dog or buy ready made food.
there is still no way you can convince anybody here that indomie and foetus with one egg is better than a plate of royal canine and pedigree wet food with meat on top
there are even several better home made recipes for dog food that you guys ignore that are even more nutritious.
and I referenced multivitamins and dewormers because they also have home made recipes to recreate them but everyone ignore them and buys the ones that the same people you're calling "looking for ways to make profit" made.
I'm sure if dry food was cheaper more people won't be trying to make this argument.
if you really want to convince me you're all for giving your dog good food that's why you don't like dog food then how about you start with buying actual meat and not cow foetus?
even the cow foetus you're buying has been liked to canine infertility and also chicken necks have been linked to canine paralysis but how come it doesn't phase you?
is it because it's cheaper than buying actual meat for your dog?
I'm not trying to antagonize anyone here, OPs dog is doing well and I admire the pup.
I'm just being honest here.
I'm also going to start feeding home made food too but I'm just saying the truth.
I'm not replying the argument again
I just stated that kibble and home cooked meals have their advantages and disadvantages and if op feels home cooked meals are better then no problem as far as it works well for him. I Neva favoured one to the other but its u who did and dats wat am trying to correct.
chicken neck do cause paralysis which is true but are very rare compared to the way kibble cause cancer (mostly wen dogs reaches the senior years)
The truth is dat both kibble and cooked food has their good and bad and u sud stop favouring one to the other. All nutrients gotten from kibble can as well be gotten from home cooked foods depending on what u cook. Adding meat and wet food is actually unfair to dis argument because all these started with op saying he hates giving kibble to his dogs not wet food or meat.
Do u think its cheap to buy a bag and the half of indomie, almost 125kg of meat , 3 crates if eggs,milk,multivitamins etc for a month for just one dog? It is almost d same thing with only a little difference dats if there is any tho.
you keep bringing up vitamins and dewormers, those are drugs bro..its nt a part of this topic cause there are herbal ways to cure malaria but people still take drugs . Unlike food, drugs are more carefully produced.
I know that with u ,this argument would go on and on and on but please just accept the facts and let's move on.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 9:20am On Aug 22, 2019
newsynews:

i don't want to use the ones made for humans.
u can go to pet stores and ask for puppy milk or u could buy goat milk instead. They help pups digest nutrients better and they cantain protein too.
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by agboedeh: 9:22am On Aug 22, 2019
newsynews:

Experts are mostly sponsored by commercial dog food manufacturers. They also sponsor vets to hype them.

Jessy's siblings have been feeding on Bingo dry food mixed with JoJo Canned food. They also add Three Crowns Milk, the powdered form. Same thing Jessy was eating when she was still with them.

All I'm seeing in Jessy are muscles while her mates are still having the swollen tummy she came with.

To each his own
Exactly.This is the fact..wat else are we arguing abt
Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by newsynews: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2019
The Rottweiler below is the Chief Security Officer of our compound. He belongs to my Landlord. Dude doesn't give a damn about anybody but the man, his wife and their son. Their daughter always look like a nutritious meal to him.

He's 10 years old and one of the best Rottweilers I've seen, nothing like those short and small headed ones flooding Nigeria today. He is tall and very lengthy. Did I talk about the head?

His cage is close to Jessy's cage. Jessy inherited the cage of the female Rottweiler which died last year.

Every time I go to feed Jessy, the aroma of the foetus makes him run mad. He starts wagging his tail, same dog that barks every time he sees me because I look like a roasted chicken to him. Once I'm done feeding Jessy and I start walking away, he starts barking to call my attention to another doggy stomach that needs foetus.

So what I do now is feed him the bones of the foetus I don't feed Jessy. He munches it excitedly. This didn't stop the silly dog from making a move on me last Saturday.

I thought he had been locked up in the morning, so I went out to see Jessy. As I was about opening her cage, I saw the monster walking behind me. I immediately panicked and ran, he dashed after me with a growl. I had to jump on a car. By the time I was safely on the car, I realized it had gone back. Perhaps, my panic made it dash after me. Maybe dude was already getting famiar with me due to the bones I was feeding him. But the dog is unpredictable, that's why I took for safety first.

Help welcome the guest on our show.

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Reality Online Show For My Boerboel Jessy by IamAnderson(m): 11:50am On Aug 22, 2019
newsynews:

I don't want to use the ones made for humans.
yeah you can actually go to a vet shop and ask for puppy milk it's good for her at this age although you'll have to stop when she gets older.

what I advised was plain unsweetened yoghurt, if you can get it then give it to her sometimes, it's very good for puppies, it helps there immune system and strengthens there stomachs in case you have the type of puppy that picks rubbish from the floor, it'll help her resist bacteria more.
plus the calcium will also help her teeth and bones and it's also loaded with protein and it has low lactose which will resist the chances of her stooling because of the milk.
I usually give it to puppies like 3 times a week and they usually love it, try it with Jessy and see if she'll like it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tasha The Cute GSD / Nigeria Pet Passport & Import Regulations / Does Your Dog Kill Rats, Birds And Other Animals? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.