Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,936 members, 7,806,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market (12482 Views)

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Permanent Site Of Computer Village At Katangowa Under Construction (Photos) / Katangowa Market In Lagos Demolished By State Government (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by eyesoflagos: 12:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Traders Count Losses As ‘Mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market
source: https://eyesoflagos.com/2019/08/19/traders-count-losses-as-mysterious-fire-wipes-out-section-of-katangowa-market/

Goods worth millions have been destroyed following an early morning fire that engulfed Katangowa Market in Agbado/Okeodo Local Council Development Area, along the Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway on Monday, August 19.

The fire outbreak which started around 3.15am destroyed the entire stretch of fairly used clothes’ shops opposite the Central Mosque in the market.

Eyes Of Lagos gathered that men of the state fire service and officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency were on the ground to put the blaze under control.

Also on the ground are policemen from the Okeodo Divisional Headquarters to prevent the looting of unaffected shops.

Though no life has been reported lost, the immediate or remote cause of the fire outbreak was yet to be ascertained at press time.

This came barely 24 hours after a free-for-all broke out between some Hausa and Yoruba traders over a minor misunderstanding in the same area. Fortunately too, nobody died during the incident.

2 Shares

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by Nobody: 3:46am On Aug 20, 2019
The new computer village

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by chuks000(m): 4:46am On Aug 20, 2019
Eya....Good thing no death was recorded, but then somebody’s business is gone...Chai!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by chinavs9ja(m): 4:47am On Aug 20, 2019
So sad

Get your own professional website today...check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by F3dan: 4:47am On Aug 20, 2019
Too bad.

Meanwhile, Check my signature for a brand new 6th generation iPad.
Contact for details.
Get it in lekki or any where in Lagos sharperly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 20, 2019
Everytime why bad news..God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by Onlinealaba(m): 4:50am On Aug 20, 2019
Exposure truly matters I think FG should encourage all high school or university students to travel outside their domains to other ethnic dominated states so that there can be easy rapole with different ethnic groups, well that was why NYSC was set up but truly the aim has been defeated, Tribalism has really eaten deep into this country and if not checked the resultant end will be catastrophic what happened there isn't mysterious going by the happening that happened 24 hrs before the incidence we can deduce that someone masterminded the fire. Have traveled to most part of the country mixed with different tribes even down to Shuwa Arab and my orientation and the way I see people has really changed we are all HUMAN before anything. May the good lord grant them the ability to recover their loss.AMEN

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by ipobarecriminals: 4:59am On Aug 20, 2019
cry cry sad sad sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed handiwork of arsonists from that Bittered Ruga pipu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by DevilhimseIf: 5:02am On Aug 20, 2019
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
cry cry sad sad sad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed handiwork of arsonists from that Bittered Ruga pipu.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by abimbolabolaw(m): 5:02am On Aug 20, 2019
A New Dawn For Nigeria
Sitting relaxed,atop a cool grass-field rock, Jutting out proudly over the calm blue ocean �

I stared in stoned-wonder,help captive by the magnificent rising of the yellow sun ☀️

Ascending,Gracefully across the serene horizon And ushering in the bright and long awaited new world �

A world free from the shackles of Religion
Unheld by the chains of Ethnicity, Devoid of the differences in Colour

A world wrapped up in the warm covers of Peace Overshadowed by the immutable display of inestimable Love ❤️

A world tongue-deep in sincere Equality Lacking the Political,Social,and Economic Segregation
Where non is Poor or Hungry

A violence free community where morality stand overall scoring on all points,in all ramifications

I see a World where there are no foes but friends,where the lions � lie closely with the lambs sharing,caring,and rapturously cherishing one another

A world where the Natural unites with the Supernatural to form a Universal Positive Whole stamped with Truth and Justice...

This New World which I speak of begins with you��

You can make a difference,I can make a change and together we can all make Nigeria �� a better day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by Fogman(m): 5:04am On Aug 20, 2019
Hope this is not aftermath result of the clash at Oke Odo market

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by ipobarecriminals: 5:05am On Aug 20, 2019
angry angry sad lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed I oh u devil, I rebuke U in the name of Jesus.I bind u devil, and cast u into everlasting burning fire where u belong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by ipobarecriminals: 5:15am On Aug 20, 2019
sad sad Early morning prayer that cripple ur enemy. I stone the devil demon behind this.His 3 manifold ministry is to steal,kill and destroy. Di3 devil in the name of Jehovah Rabboni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by DevilhimseIf: 5:26am On Aug 20, 2019
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
angry angry sad lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed I oh u devil, I rebuke U in the name of Jesus.I bind u devil, and cast u into everlasting burning fire where u belong
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by DevilhimseIf: 5:26am On Aug 20, 2019
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
sad sad Earky morning prayer that cripple ur enemy. I stone the devil demon behind this.His 3 manifold ministry is to steal, steal and destroy. Di3 devil in the name of Jehovah Rabboni
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by femi4: 5:27am On Aug 20, 2019
cucumbae:
The new computer village
Okrika clothes market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by Adebowhales(m): 5:36am On Aug 20, 2019
I'm currently in Abuja, where
Is the market located
In Abuja.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by Adebowhales(m): 5:38am On Aug 20, 2019
abimbolabolaw:
A New Dawn For Nigeria
Sitting relaxed,atop a cool grass-field rock, Jutting out proudly over the calm blue ocean �

I stared in stoned-wonder,help captive by the magnificent rising of the yellow sun ☀️

Ascending,Gracefully across the serene horizon And ushering in the bright and long awaited new world �

A world free from the shackles of Religion
Unheld by the chains of Ethnicity, Devoid of the differences in Colour

A world wrapped up in the warm covers of Peace Overshadowed by the immutable display of inestimable Love ❤️

A world tongue-deep in sincere Equality Lacking the Political,Social,and Economic Segregation
Where non is Poor or Hungry

A violence free community where morality stand overall scoring on all points,in all ramifications

I see a World where there are no foes but friends,where the lions � lie closely with the lambs sharing,caring,and rapturously cherishing one another

A world where the Natural unites with the Supernatural to form a Universal Positive Whole stamped with Truth and Justice...

This New World which I speak of begins with you��

You can make a difference,I can make a change and together we can all make Nigeria �� a better day

You are very stoopid
Rising yellow sun ko, falling green sun ni.
Oponu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by LZAA: 5:42am On Aug 20, 2019
shocked undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by banhammy: 6:08am On Aug 20, 2019
Fire?. When rain has been falling here for the past one week, non stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by bewla(m): 6:23am On Aug 20, 2019
o boy my heart goes with u as u lost may the Lord bless and come to ur rescue

as Nigeria no get back up

Vice traders Money in double go work here

Biko nu
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by bewla(m): 6:29am On Aug 20, 2019
Aje ke la na omo ku Loni

if u ask them go tell u the meaning

Awawa u again
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by tragergeorge(m): 6:29am On Aug 20, 2019
Adebowhales:

You are very stoopid
Rising yellow sun ko, falling green sun ni.
Oponu
goat
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by helinues: 6:31am On Aug 20, 2019
Nothing mysterious about the fire accident except negligence of the market traders.
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by valuedammy(m): 7:09am On Aug 20, 2019
Hope the fire outbreak has nothing to do with fracas that broke out some days ago between the Hausas and Yorubas in Okeodo market because Katangowa also falls under Okeodo LCDA.
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by RichDad1(m): 7:19am On Aug 20, 2019
A very suspicious fire.
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Exposure truly matters I think FG should encourage all high school or university students to travel outside their domains to other ethnic dominated states so that there can be easy rapole with different ethnic groups, well that was why NYSC was set up but truly the aim has been defeated, Tribalism has really eaten deep into this country and if not checked the resultant end will be catastrophic what happened there isn't mysterious going by the happening that happened 24 hrs before the incidence we can deduce that someone masterminded the fire. Have traveled to most part of the country mixed with different tribes even down to Shuwa Arab and my orientation and the way I see people has really changed we are all HUMAN before anything. May the good lord grant them the ability to recover their loss.AMEN

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

Rapport or rapole
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by obembet(f): 7:44am On Aug 20, 2019
I hope they have insurance
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by francisisking: 7:49am On Aug 20, 2019
them wantu claim d market
Re: Traders Count Losses As ‘mysterious’ Fire Wipes Out Section Of Katangowa Market by olumalcolm(m): 7:58am On Aug 20, 2019
fire that was started by a particular group of pple, mk una continue to dey fear buhari..useless media. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jigawa: Local Rice Price Up By 20% / Nigeria’s inflation rate may be among world’s highest in 2022 – World Bank / The Solution To Problem Of Unemployment In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.