Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal (388 Views)

Auxiliary To Police: You Can't Declare Me Wanted, Seyi Makinde My Destiny Helper / Dapo Abiodun And Doyin Okupe Welcome Investors At Ogun Airport (Video). / Dapo Abiodun And His Wife Rejoice Ahead Of Victory In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal by Fehintola271: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2019
Sack Abiodun and declare me governor, Akinlade tells Ogun tribunal

The governorship candidate of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) in the March 9, 2019, election in Ogun State, Adekunle Akinlade, yesterday, asked the election tribunal sitting in Abeokuta to sack Gov. Dapo Abiodun and declare him winner of the poll. Akinlade and his party filed a petition marked EPT/OG/GOV/01/19 on grounds of alleged over-voting

They added that Abiodun lacked the requisite qualification to contest in the election in which he was declared winner by the INEC.

Akinlade, through his lead Counsel, Mike Osuman (SAN), yesterday, adopted his final written address before the Justice Yusuf Halilu-led panel, praying it to disqualify Abiodun, invalidate his victory and return him (Akinlade) as the governor-elect

In adopting the address, Osuman submitted that the governor who was the candidate of the APC, committed “illegality and falsehood” by submitting contradictory certificates to INEC when he contested for a seat in the Senate in 2015 and governorship in 2019.

He said Abiodun’s CF001 of 2015 and that of 2019 marked as exhibits 331 and 331A by the tribunal were characterised by “inconsistency, smacked falsehood thereby falling short of a person occupying office of governor.”

He further said Akinbade was not contesting the qualification of the governor, but rather alleged falsehood committed during submission of CF001 to INEC at different times. He also accused INEC of aiding Abiodun in using “fake documents” to contest the election.

“On grounds of public policy, he must not be allowed to benefit from his illegality or wrongdoing. The second respondent (Abiodun) authored and swore to exhibits 331 and 331A.

The contents of the two, if juxtaposed, show there is falsehood. I urge, that if falsehood is established, the panel should not only disqualify him, but also invalidate his election.

“Therefore, I urge your lordships to invalidate the election and, in his place, return the first petitioner (Akinlade),” Osuman prayed.

In his submission, Abiodun’s lead Counsel, Prof. Taiwo Osipitan (SAN), described the APM’s petition as dead on arrival and urged the tribunal to dismiss it.

Prof. Osipitan submitted that the issue bordering Abiodun’s certificates was a pre-election matter which had already been determined by the court.

https://www.9jastarmedia.com/2019/08/sack-abiodun-and-declare-me-governor.html

Re: Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal by kayusely70(m): 9:20am On Aug 20, 2019
Wishful thinking, Abiodun won neat and square. Amosun will not rule ogun state again by proxy.
Re: Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal by saheedbadmus(m): 9:23am On Aug 20, 2019
akinlade is on a dream island jere
Re: Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lol
Re: Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal by ogumbapufi1: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
keep dreaming
Re: Sack Abiodun And Declare Me Governor, Akinlade Tells Ogun Tribunal by jafol(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
Akinlade we don’t want u n ur Igbo wife thank you

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari In A Group Photograph With His 43 New Minister / Aa Asks Court To Declare Them Winner Of The 2019 Oguta Hoa Elections / Trouble Looms As EFCC Traces Atiku’s Laundered Money To Obasanjo Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.