Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

Why I Think Good Christian Must Avoid Alcohols - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Think Good Christian Must Avoid Alcohols (312 Views)

Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / Seven Things A Christian Must Never Do Because Of Money / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Good Christian Must Avoid Alcohols by nabiz(m): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2019
Consumption of alcohol is repeatedly condemned throughout the Bible, we are admonished to never touch it

Jesus turns water into wine, but reluctantly and under the promptings of his mother - he clearly would not have done so otherwise - John 2:3-4

Christ teaches that it is good to avoid wine because it is a weakening stumbling block - Romans 14:21

God commands all his people to never touch anything even remotely alcoholic if they are to be his people - Numbers 6:3

God commands all his people that they must not drink alcohol forever more, especially in temples - Leviticus 10:8-10

Alcohol takes away your capacity for righteousness (judgment), thus opening the floodgates to sin - Isaiah 5:23

Alcohol brings about a false sense of security - Isaiah 56:12

Alcohol justifies a stiff penalty to the wicked - Isaiah 5:23

Those who drink can not teach the true Gospel, and thus they teach corrupt doctrine - Isaiah 28:7-9

False prophets wrongly preach that drinking alcohol is ok, and this doctrine will be accepted by the people - Micah 2:11

Clergy must not drink - Titus 1:7

Alcohol itself is condemned, and those who drink it are "unwise" - Proverbs 20:1

People of leadership are admonished not to drink (kings and princes) - Proverbs 31:4

Laws and judgment are perverted at the hands of alcohol - Proverbs 31:5

Alcohol causes poverty and depression and even death - Proverbs 31:6-7

Woe to those who wake up and start drinking in the morning and continue all day (alcoholics) - Isaiah 5:11

Woe to those able to drink mightily/strong drinkers (alcoholics) - Isaiah 5:22

Since drinking often leads to bragging, see Isaiah 3:9 (prideful boasting)

Be full of the Spirit, not wine - Ephesians 5:18

Samson's mother is strictly and repeatedly forbidden to touch any alcohol - Judges 13:4, 7 & 14

John's father told that John will never drink alcohol throughout his entire life - Luke 1:15

Daniel refuses to touch even the king's alcohol and states that it will defile him - Daniel 1:8

Therefore beloved christian brothers and sisters. Do not be deceived by the world's doctrine. For they thinks they are wise and must look for a way to convince you the need to take alcohol. Even the enemy set an himself quote the bible to deceive

From missionaries king james reference
Re: Why I Think Good Christian Must Avoid Alcohols by Nbote(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2019
Why do some of U like sharing half truths and misinterpreting d bible to suit ur intentions? Now let us take a look at each of d verses u pointed out.

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Romans 14:21 KJV
Dis also means eating meat/flesh is also a sin then ryt? Becos dat verse clearly stated eating meat and drinking so why single out only drinking?

He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried. All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk. All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the Lord , he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow. All the days that he separateth himself unto the Lord he shall come at no dead body.
Numbers 6:3‭-‬6 KJV
D whole Chapter 6 of numbers is d law of Nazarites. How come U also ignored d part where no razor shall com to his head? Did U also ignore d part where his separation days ends?

And the Lord spake unto Aaron, saying, Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:
Leviticus 10:8‭-‬9 KJV

Dis was d Lord's command to Aaron and his sons who have been selected to serve in d tabernacle. It clearly states dat strong drink or wine shldnt b taking WEN THEY GO INTO D TABERNACLE...

Woe to the crown of pride, to the drunkards of Ephraim, whose glorious beauty is a fading flower, which are on the head of the fat valleys of them that are overcome with wine!
Isaiah 28:1 KJV

The whole of Isaiah 5, 28 and 56 have at no point condemned alcohol.. Chapter 28 specifically started by condemning drunkards. Those who allow abuse alcohol.. D same way d Bible's condemnation of gluttony doesn't make food a sin is also d same way drunkenness doesn't make alcohol intake a sin.

If a man walking in the spirit and falsehood do lie, saying, I will prophesy unto thee of wine and of strong drink; he shall even be the prophet of this people.
Micah 2:11 KJV

If a liar and deceiver comes and says, ‘I will prophesy for you plenty of wine and beer,’ that would be just the prophet for this people!
Micah 2:11 NIV

“These people want the kind of prophet who goes about full of lies and deceit and says, ‘I prophesy that wine and liquor will flow for you.’
Micah 2:11 GNB

I had to give U different bible versions so U see how U are blatantly lying against d scriptures..

For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
Titus 1:7 KJV

Since an overseer manages God’s household, he must be blameless—not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain.
Titus 1:7 NIV

A clergy shld not give in to wine meaning a clergy shld not give in to drunkenness which is d abuse of alcohol.

Samson's mother was asked not to taste alcohol becos d child she was carrying was a Nazarene which is why he was also tasked not to shave his hair. D same goes for John d Baptist... Stop misleading ppl with ur view of d scriptures...

And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
Deuteronomy 14:26 KJV

Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice.
Deuteronomy 14:26 NIV
Re: Why I Think Good Christian Must Avoid Alcohols by Crysthaniel(m): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
Did jesus drink wine? if yes then we can too! matthew 11:18-19
Paul at 1timothy5:23 adviced his fellow Christian to take some

so what me see for the matter is that moderate usage is okay..
Even ANYTHING if consumed in Excess is most likely not good.
Re: Why I Think Good Christian Must Avoid Alcohols by vincentus16: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
I will always shark alcohol. M a catholic and will forever be.

(1) (Reply)

You Have To Fight And Defeat The Goliath Of Your Destiny To Fulfill Destiny. / Graphics designer you will always need / Rccg Dubai Festival Of Life 2019 with Pastor E.A ADEBOYE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.