Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities (15522 Views)

SSANU: Strike Looms In Universities As FG Fails April Deadline Agreement / SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action / Fg Threatens To Invoke ‘no Work, No Pay’ Law, With Ssanu, Nasu, Naat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by patotie(m): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
Freemanbobble:

We nigggarzzz quote from Benin city

No matter the amount of weed you smoke you can never be the most high
Only jah(God) is the most high

Haha weed nor go kill us for Benin

Osazee abeg give me that tie make i burn am
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by JobsandSchools: 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
Wow. Till when now
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Emceesaka: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
Freemanbobble:

The reason for this strike is that academic staff were paid six months earned allowance ( hazard allowance) and non academic staff were left out

Both academic staff and non academic staff were paid earned allowance but the sharing formula was the major issue. Academic staff took the largest amount of the money and non academic staff were asked to share the remaining small amount within themselves.
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Legendguru: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2019
hmmm
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by bluefilm: 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2019
Emceesaka:

Both academic staff and non academic staff were paid earned allowance but the sharing formula was the major issue. Academic staff took the largest amount of the money and non academic staff were asked to share the remaining small amount within themselves.

You're right.

The 80 - 20 sharing arrangement of the earned allowance amounts to gross unfair treatment.
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Emceesaka: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
bluefilm:

You're right.

The 80 - 20 sharing arrangement of the earned allowance amounts to gross unfair treatment.

My Brother, I even received out of the money because am a Federal University staff.
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by mayama(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
The never ending story. .......
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Enemyofpeace: 5:33pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good. The country must be grounded down
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Anijay1212(m): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
Freemanbobble:
So the power outage in Uniben yesterday was as a result of this strike

There is no light in Uniuyo for two days running now.
I think it is as a result of the strike.
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Meritocracy: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
Hardeysolution:
Very very uncooperative societies!

As a matter of fact, no one feels there's strike in UNILAG.

It's obvious that the strike action is baseless, useless and unnecessary.

Rivalry between ASUU and other unions is unnecessary and they should come to understand that they can easily be replaced unlike ASUU members.

Nobody is indispensable, everyone is replaceable except God.
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Meritocracy: 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2019
I don't blame ASUU or JAC but irresponsible representative of Government who released money to greedy ASUU without telling them sharing formula and know that there are up to four Union in the university. If I were Buhari I will sack everyone involved in the negotiation with immediate replacement and ask them to refund all allowance they enjoyed during negotiation but Buhari is insensitive someone.
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by Kingkun69(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Who still goes to public unis in naija LMAOOOOOO
Re: NASU/NAAT/SSANU: Strike grounds Nigeria's public universities by otokx(m): 7:34am On Aug 21, 2019
A lot of Nigerians will always attend public universities.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. / 10 Ways To Become A Scholarship Winner. / Please ,i Need List Of Educational Agencies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.