Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" (18654 Views)

Diary Of Zee My Female Boerboel. RIP / PRICE REVIEW: Putting Up Xena For Sale / My Female Caucasian Shepherds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
MrrKay:
Thanks so much Boss.
I really appreciate.
She's already on bullymax.
Is there any need for multivitamin?

Appetite booster sound inviting tho.
I'll be glad to know the price range of the aformentioned.

Thanks.
bully max is already fine for her I don't think you should add another multivitamin

why do you feel the need to boost her appetite?
is she not eating well?
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by vincentjk(m): 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
MrrKay:
I really appreciate bro.
That swallow style na Ebeano.
Thumb up.

Lol you're welcome
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 9:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
Maybe she does!!
Maybe she eats when she wants, not when i want her to.
Like today, i served her indomie prepared with grinded crayfish chafs, chicken parts and catfish intestines, was hoping she ought to finish the meal b4 nw, so i'll drop alil diamond and dried meat a treat for d 9t, buh she just picked the chicken parts, catfish intestine and maybe alil of the indomie.
Kinda curious buh it's seems she's ok.
Buh a thing i knw is she will empty her bowl b4 morning (not always though) but i do get tempted to put her away foods at 9t cos, i do take her for walk in the morning.
So i get curious to boost her appetite so she can be eating jaga jaga.

But all this dosn't stop her 1egg/day cos it daily ritual.

NB: she eats more when i'm not around.
Aby if i de, she go de do shakara.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
Buh i'll like to administer it direct, as i do when she was younger, so when she turns to Queen Xena, it must have become a Habbit, and she'll be familiar and use to it.
Buh the challenge is it's not working out.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
MrrKay:
Maybe she does!!
Like today, i served her indomie prepared with grinded crayfish chafs, chicken parts and catfish intestines, was hoping she ought to finish the meal b4 nw, so i'll drop alil diamond and dried meat a treat for d 9t, buh she just picked the chicken parts, catfish intestine and maybe alil of the indomie.
Buh a thing i knw is she will empty her bowl b4 morning (not always though) but i do get tempted to put her away foods at 9t cos, i do take her for walk in the morning.

maybe that's just her eating pattern, not all dogs eat a lot.
if you want to boost sha you can use multivitamins to boost it

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
As i said earlier, can i give a multi-vitamin as she's taking bullymax. Or can both go same time? Do u ve a specific brand of multivictamin in mind? I'll like to knw. Thanks Bro
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 12:02am On Sep 05, 2019
MrrKay:
As i said earlier, can i give a multi-vitamin as she's taking bullymax.
Or can both go same time?
Do u ve a specific brand of multivictamin in mind?
I'll like to knw.
Thanks Bro
the bullymax alone is okay

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 9:11am On Sep 05, 2019
Thanks Bro
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by vincentjk(m): 9:56am On Sep 05, 2019
How much did you got the bullymax for?
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2019
13k for 60 chewable tabs.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by Freciprocal: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
MrrKay:
Maybe she does!!

I have a neopolitan mastiff. She would be a year next month. I observed similar traits as you described.

1) Let her night meal be the best and "plentiest"
2) Make sure you grind the meat and crayfish well into the indomie... Dogs are guided by their sense of smell first, before taste.
3) She is gradually becoming an adult so 2 meals a day is becoming excessive.

I dont know how you trained your dog, but mine eats everything. So in the morning (weekdays), I can leave a few cups of dry food in her plate, then at night is the grand "chowing" (Indomie and can food)or (Garri and "draw" soup) surprisingly her favourite. Then on Weekends she has a lot of varieties.

If not that I saw the pics of your dog, I would have said you were describing mine. My dogs name is also Xena

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 11:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
I am just fascinated.
As IamAnderson and Vincentjk said every dog have their eating pattern.
Like today Xena fed much, she munched almost everything i provided.
Buh as u said, i observed she prefer eating at night, so i'll equally adjust to feeding her favourite at 9t, which i'm yet to discover cos she's unpredictable with meals.

For swallow with draw soup esp (okra) which almost everyone have testified how their dog loves it. Unfortunately i have not introduced swallow to xena, i trust which i do, she will be excited tho.

I'm thrilled ur NP is Xena.
Pls can we see the older and elder xena?
Thanks.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by vincentjk(m): 2:15am On Sep 06, 2019
MrrKay:
I am just fascinated.
As IamAnderson and Vincentjk said every dog have their eating pattern.
Like today Xena fed much, she munched almost everything i provided.
Buh as u said, i observed she prefer eating at night, so i'll equally adjust to feeding her favourite at 9t, which i'm yet to discover cos she's unpredictable with meals.

For swallow with draw soup esp (okra) which almost everyone have testified how their dog loves it. Unfortunately i have not introduced swallow to xena, i trust which i do, she will be excited tho.

I'm thrilled ur NP is Xena.
Pls can we see the older and elder xena?
Thanks.

Lols she's eating, you're happy and that's a good thing.

How many times do you feed her a day?

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 7:23am On Sep 06, 2019
2times/perday. I serve her in the morning, when i come bk at 9t, i do same. And her normal 1/day egg ritual.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by vincentjk(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
MrrKay:
2times/perday.
I serve her in the morning, when i come bk at 9t, i do same.
And her normal 1/day egg ritual.

That's fine, do you feed her kibbles?

MrrKay:
13k for 60 chewable tabs.

Does she take it everyday? That should be 2months
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2019
Yes Boss. I daily, tho she just started taking it on 16th August 2019
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2019
Yes. And i do feed her kibbles (diamond dry food)
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by KingAfo(m): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
[quote author=MrrKay post=81478518][/quote]
What do you mean it’s not pedigree? Ask him for his pedigree details and if he doesn’t have them. Then you can say it’s not pedigree. You CANNOT KNOW IF A DOG IS PEDIGREE OR NOT JUST BY LOOKING AT IT.

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2019
We've settled this amicably Bro.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 10:43pm On Sep 07, 2019
Hello fellow Dog Lovers

Pls can we've alil discussion about dog food esp
BONE AND RAW FOOD (BARF)

I've not given my lil princess bone
Though i've the intention of introducing it to her frm her 5th month,
Knowing there ve been alot of agitation n arguement online,

Some website will advice u never to give ur dog uncooked meat, or cooked bone as it may splinter and cause harm to the dog.

Some web will encourage u to feed raw, it keeps the gum and teeth healthy and also make their stool firm, for the parasite and bacteria, the dog stomach is acidic enough to take care of it, tho u gotta keep ur deworming and vacination updated.

This whole thing ve taken the situation to ON YOUR OWN thing (OYO)

Though i still seek for advice here, cos petlanders have never let me down. Buh it was unanswered, 2days ago i decided give raw a trial.
I started with brisket bone, and xena welcomed it in excitement, to be candid, her stool ve any be as firm as this her current chippins.

Dog lovers, what is your take on this?
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 12:57am On Sep 08, 2019
MrrKay:
Hello fellow Dog Lovers

Pls can we've alil discussion about dog food esp
BONE AND RAW FOOD (BARF)

I've not given my lil princess bone
Though i've the intention of introducing it to her frm her 5th month,
Knowing there ve been alot of agitation n arguement online,

Some website will advice u never to give ur dog uncooked meat, or cooked bone as it may splinter and cause harm to the dog.

Some web will encourage u to feed raw, it keeps the gum and teeth healthy and also make their stool firm, for the parasite and bacteria, the dog stomach is acidic enough to take care of it, tho u gotta keep ur deworming and vacination updated.

This whole thing ve taken the situation to ON YOUR OWN thing (OYO)

Though i still seek for advice here, cos petlanders have never let me down. Buh it was unanswered, 2days ago i decided give raw a trial.
I started with brisket bone, and xena welcomed it in excitement, to be candid, her stool ve any be as firm as this her current chippins.

Dog lovers, what is your take on this?
I raw feed and I haven't experienced any complications, if you do it well then it's good for your dog

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 1:04am On Sep 08, 2019
At what age did u introduced raw feeding?
What especially do you feed him raw?
Guildlines on how to do it well, will be appreciated
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 2:42am On Sep 08, 2019
MrrKay:
At what age did u introduced raw feeding?

What especially do you feed him raw?

Guild line on how to do it well, will be appreciated
I started raw feeding in small quantities since he was about 3-4 months.
I started actual raw feeding from about 6months.
you just need to be sure where you get the meat or fish from, make sure you get fresh meat not the one that has been left in the open for several hours.
also it's better if you freeze the meat first, freezing the meat makes it safer for your dog.
I mostly feed frozen meat to my dog, if I can't freeze it,I Cook it.
and you can also serve the meat while it's cold too, it's not bad for your dog and dog's like cold meat, just let it defrost a little so the dog can chew it and serve it even with the ice.
and once you start raw feeding, make sure you deworm your dog regularly, especially it it's a puppy.

I have been feeding raw meat and bones to every dog I've ever had and I haven't had one complication, the advantages greatly out number the possible disadvantages.

just don't make it too frequent, dogs can get addicted to it and refuse to eat any other thing

2 Likes

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 7:08am On Sep 08, 2019
Thanks for taking ur time to type this, it's aint easy.
Yeah is just a type of addition and occassionally though, not a regarly thing.
What is the advantage of freezing?
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by vincentjk(m): 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
MrrKay:
Thanks for taking ur time to type this, it's aint easy.

Yeah is just a type of addition and occassionally though, not a regarly thing.

What is the advantage of freezing?

I think freezing reduces some bacteria contained in raw meat
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 10:54pm On Sep 08, 2019
Yea it does reduces enzyme activity and stops the growth of bacteria and molds.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2019
MrrKay:
exactly, it also makes parasites inactive

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2019
MrrKay:
you can also do it with raw eggs, just put it in the fridge(not freezer ooh) and serve cold.
it makes it safer, it preserves it and dogs love cold raw meat and eggs for some reason cheesy
some dogs even if they don't like raw meat, if you serve it frozen they'll eat it.

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 2:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
Correct
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
Even raw egg?
I do give Xena boiled egg daily.
Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by IamAnderson(m): 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
MrrKay:
Even raw egg?
I do give Xena boiled egg daily.
yes it's good for her

1 Like

Re: My Female Boerboel .... Her Name Is "Xena" by MrrKay(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
So how is Rosceo doing.
Do u knw i can't get prazi-wormer here. Too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger / Show The Pictures Of Your GSD To Know Who Has A Pure Breed. / Memoir Of My Boy VIGIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.