Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) (52347 Views)

Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Join Simplified Anatomy Classes For Medical And Allied Medical Students / Help!. I Have Been Seeing Baby Scorpions In My Hostel(pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Cherrybae(f): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2019
My alma mata, I remember the days when Prof. Nduka okoh was my VC
This cannot happen under his watch.
I Rep Derate hostel, Ekosodin

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by OdefaGirl(f): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
So as grown as you guys are, none of you could suggest cutting it on weekends and place a fine on absentees.
Who are you even forming for? Snakes doesn't have friends.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:
So u guys can't cut the grass surrounding ur hostel, lazy fellows ..

Have always said it, in Nigeria we lack people with sense of duty.... Look at this ones protesting because they couldn't clean their environment..

Make this ones leaders tomorrow, nothing they will do... Just talk and talk
Very well said.

If they can't do it. They can contribute money to get it done.

Let them wait for Ekweremadu to come and cut it for them.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by tyup(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
Naijafull19:
Well, all I will say is...

If you want a world class hostel....PAY world class fees.

Fees for unviersity in Nigeria are below $300 per annum. Because we are 'poor'. Well, sports fans, the above is what you can get for just $300 or less.

If you want modern hostels, pay DECENT fees. Decent fees means that the university would have the means to keep the hostels well maintained...including getting the kind of grass cutting equipment that would keep the bush low.

But the thing is in Nigeria, we seem to think that if we catch all the corrupt leaders, and take their money, we will live like they do in the USA. That's partly true...but the truth also is we are not earning enough cash.

As an example, Canada spends $60billion on primary education alone. Nigeria meanwhile has $2bn or less for just education. But somehow in Nigeria...we expect $60BN something for just $2Billion (Like me walking into SLOT and demanding that they sell me that Nokia or Samsung Galaxy note for N5000 ).

Yes, we have to fight corruption. Yes we have to get rid of all them politcians. Yes, Bubu, GEJ etc must go...but let's face reality...good educaiton COSTS MONEY....and it is either we pay higher fees, or take loans to make up the difference. You won't want to take loans.

Lol mine was even $60 when I was in 100L grin grin
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by MrFly(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
Clinical students hostel should be made a tourist site since d university are so daft in providing quality accomodation...
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Princedapace(m): 7:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
Naijafull19:

Fees for unviersity in Nigeria are below $300 per annum. Because we are 'poor'. Well, sports fans, the above is what you can get for just $300 or less.

If you want modern hostels, pay DECENT fees. Decent fees means that the university would have the means to keep the hostels well maintained...including getting the kind of grass cutting equipment that would keep the bush low.

But the thing is in Nigeria, we seem to think that if we catch all the corrupt leaders, and take their money, we will live like they do in the USA. That's partly true...but the truth also is we are not earning enough cash.

As an example, Canada spends $60billion on primary education alone. Nigeria meanwhile has $2bn or less for just education. But somehow in Nigeria...we expect $60BN something for just $2Billion (Like me walking into SLOT and demanding that they sell me that Nokia or Samsung Galaxy note for N5000 ).

Yes, we have to fight corruption. Yes we have to get rid of all them politcians. Yes, Bubu, GEJ etc must go...but let's face reality...good educaiton COSTS MONEY....and it is either we pay higher fees, or take loans to make up the difference. You won't want to take loans.

Nigeria can only achieve that if the purchasing power can be good. And it is the duty of the govt to improve the purchasing power of her citizens so they can pay for expensive services.

Nigeria has the money but we mostly use our money to pay mainly politicians.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by mudiana(m): 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
The vice chancellor of that school is a slowpoke. I tell you first hand. The worst ever.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
If your right hand is not working fine can't you use the left.
Vibrant guys are there, get cutlass and clear it off
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
Naijafull19:

That's true.

I always tell people that we don't pay enough money on healthcare,education and every other thing yet we want the same quality.

You get what you pay for.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by bahaushe1: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
Lazy youths kawai! There is dues that UBEMSA has been collecting over the years?

I am not trying to exonerate the school management but from experience clinical students can be terrible tenants.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by BrokenCock: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
Skullano:
Mtchew. so if they schedule out one Saturday to clear up their environment, they won’t study again baa?.
Seeking attention for nothing
its like u didnt go to school. so why the high cost for development levy?
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by BrokenCock: 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2019
yomi007k:

Very well said.

If they can't do it. They can contribute money to get it done.

Let them wait for Ekweremadu to come and cut it for them.
poorly said! they paid for all these in their fees.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
Naijafull19:

I agree that they should clean their surroundings, and stop blaming the school authority for it. They're lazy! On the contrary, our leaders are wasteful; it's still their responsibility to fund education and fund it well. Nigeria is not America or Canada. If they can slash those humongous remunerations of theirs, shun corruption and greed, there'll be enough to fund education as well as equip our higher institutions.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by uridiwan(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Have always said it, in Nigeria we lack people with sense of duty.... Look at this ones protesting because they couldn't clean their environment..

Is not my job, is not my Jon is the reason we are in this mess called Nigeria, the power they are using for protest is enough to cut those grass down...
God bless you 10million x

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
BrokenCock:
poorly said! they paid for all these in their fees.

That is what you think.
The management is only managing the fees. It's actually not enough and any attempt to increase fees will lead to protests.

If you know what is happening in our institutions then you would understand.

I once worked in a medical centre of a federal college of education, where each student were made to pay about N500 per year for medical bills- this would cover tests and drugs. The facility always ran out of items.

Even you spend more than that on drugs alone.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Mayorboy37: 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
his dis a news
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by gbishman: 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
As leaders of tomorrow, why can't these so called university undergrads organise themselves and clean their environment. This is simply a true test
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
udomoh:
Bushes and snakes takes over Uniben Medical Students Hostel

This was shared by the University of Benin Medical Students Association (UBEMSA) official Twitter handle…….

Clinical students hostel which houses the clinical students of the university of Benin have been neglected by the school authorities. The whole surroundings covered by bushes. Exposing Medical students to dangerous reptiles and poor health.

The University of Benin Medical Students have been victims of intense marginalization, high-powered politics and systematic disdain by the school authorities.

You can check out more pictures of the bushes, prostests and snakes here:
https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/08/20/bushes-and-snakes-takes-over-uniben-medical-students-hostel-pixs/?amp
where are the snakes?
Can't the students clear it? lazy youths

TO SLAP YOU JUST DEY HUNGRY ME undecided
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by XwhY(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
Cut the grass and clear it once then turn the place to football playing field to stop the growth of grass.
Lazy youths undecided
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
Welcome to Africa, Where Religion is the only solution to all problems.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by bravehost4u(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2019
Naijafull19:

What message are you passing here? I am trying to figure out. Pls assist
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2019
BrokenCock:
its like u didnt go to school. so why the high cost for development levy?

Please how much is development levy?

Accomodation cost in average Canadian university is about $1000 CAD per month. That's about 273000 per month.

If one earns that in nigeria is he not doing well?
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
bravehost4u:

What message are you passing here? I am trying to figure out. Pls assist

It means we pay cheap and expect high quality.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by happydays1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2019
Chai, how time flies, I remember when I was in hall3 and i went to check a friend in medical hostel uniben, boys are now men with dependants.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Weathered: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Is not my job, is not my Job, is the reason we are in this mess called Nigeria, the power they are using for protest is enough to cut those grass down...
You ever went to university?

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by BrokenCock: 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
yomi007k:

Please how much is development levy?

Accomodation cost in average Canadian university is about $1000 CAD per month. That's about 273000 per month.

If one earns that in nigeria is he not doing well?
why the fk are u comparing ur canada with Nigeria? pls if u don't know what goes down here just perm .
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
BrokenCock:
why the fk are u comparing ur canada with Nigeria? pls if u don't know what goes down here just perm .

Enlighten me then. You seem to know enough.

My point is that you don't pay cheap and expect high class products. It's hard to accomplish.

FYI I'm in Nigeria.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by BrokenCock: 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
yomi007k:

That is what you think.
The management is only managing the fees. It's actually not enough and any attempt to increase fees will lead to protests.

If you know what is happening in our institutions then you would understand.

I once worked in a medical centre of a federal college of education, where each student were made to pay about N500 per year for medical bills- this would cover tests and drugs. The facility always ran out of items.

Even you spend more than that on drugs alone.
then its not by force to start what u cant manage. how much does it take to pay gardeners monthly , put them on payrolls. they should learn from uniport
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by martowskin1(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2019
Naijafull19:

Bros calm down....

Make I ask u...

The senator in Canada does he earn up to Nigeria senator?

How much is minimum wage in Canada.... Nigeria have fund to take care of this shit u just mentioned

The problem is funds are poorly managed..

Only one women hide jewelries of $40million.... U and I know how much ibori, etc and co... Thief..

Abaca is still sending us alert from grave after so many years...

So stop saying we must pay.

To whom much is give much is expected.

How much is the annual basic salary of a civil servant entry level...

After all the big school fees u talk about, where is the job
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2019
BrokenCock:
then its not by force to start what u cant manage. how much does it take to pay gardeners monthly , put them on payrolls. they should learn from uniport

That's a bright idea. But it will also translate to increasing thier fees.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by osazsky(m): 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
larryking540:

it doesn't matter, so when dat snake bite person, u go also say make government go treat d person,
?abi?

I live in a house where n next plot is left fallow just a foundation inside, I always employ people to come help me weed the grass down becus of reptiles, I will not say no b me get d land why should I clear it,its for ur own safety too!
its not a sec sch it's a uni and d hostel is inside d uni they dont have labour day like sec sch,those who stay off k normally clear thier compound moreover it has been paid for,u should hold d VC accountable and nasu not student, I nerver cleared while in sch
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by osazsky(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
yomi007k:

That's a bright idea. But it will also translate to increasing thier fees.
we have gardeners and cleaner who are on payroll, am a staff .d VC is d worst we have seen

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead / COVID-19: Madagascar Demands N78,200,000 From Nigeria For Herbal Drugs

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65