Stats: 3,150,131 members, 7,807,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) (52348 Views)

Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Join Simplified Anatomy Classes For Medical And Allied Medical Students / Help!. I Have Been Seeing Baby Scorpions In My Hostel(pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Seunpaul01(m): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:
So u guys can't cut the grass surrounding ur hostel, lazy fellows ..

Have always said it, in Nigeria we lack people with sense of duty.... Look at this ones protesting because they couldn't clean their environment..

Make this ones leaders tomorrow, nothing they will do... Just talk and talk

Is not my job, is not my Job, is the reason we are in this mess called Nigeria, the power they are using for protest is enough to cut those grass down...

You are just spewing trash. All you have written just portrays you as local, uneducated and uncivilized. U are are just a wannabe exposed/civilized person.

That is a university environment and you want the students to cut the bushes that gulped their hostel. SMH for you. When is it the duty of the student to add cleaners/gardeners job to their study. The students pay PDF fees.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by martowskin1(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Weathered:
You ever went to university?

Yeah and I was my hostel governor..... I don't wait for school b4 I mobilise my hostel warriors to clean our surrounding ....

I always make sure we win the award of neatest hostel every semester....

Them know me, if I miss that award we go get problem for that hostel.

Even my boarding days, I was hall President..... I can kill u wait ur parents if u no come out for labour ...

So yes .... Am not a lazy youth

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
osazsky:
we have gardeners and cleaner who are on payroll, am a staff .d VC is d worst we have seen
That's sad.
Then he should be held accountable.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Impulse80(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
Naijafull19:
Well, all I will say is...

If you want a world class hostel....PAY world class fees.

Fees for unviersity in Nigeria are below $300 per annum. Because we are 'poor'. Well, sports fans, the above is what you can get for just $300 or less.

If you want modern hostels, pay DECENT fees. Decent fees means that the university would have the means to keep the hostels well maintained...including getting the kind of grass cutting equipment that would keep the bush low.

But the thing is in Nigeria, we seem to think that if we catch all the corrupt leaders, and take their money, we will live like they do in the USA. That's partly true...but the truth also is we are not earning enough cash.

As an example, Canada spends $60billion on primary education alone. Nigeria meanwhile has $2bn or less for just education. But somehow in Nigeria...we expect $60BN something for just $2Billion (Like me walking into SLOT and demanding that they sell me that Nokia or Samsung Galaxy note for N5000 ).

Yes, we have to fight corruption. Yes we have to get rid of all them politcians. Yes, Bubu, GEJ etc must go...but let's face reality...good educaiton COSTS MONEY....and it is either we pay higher fees, or take loans to make up the difference. You won't want to take loans.

How can you presume that higher fees will result to better education without factoring corruption?
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Have always said it, in Nigeria we lack people with sense of duty.... Look at this ones protesting because they couldn't clean their environment..

Is not my job, is not my Job, is the reason we are in this mess called Nigeria, the power they are using for protest is enough to cut those grass down...
Do you realise that certain amount have included in the student's fees for maintenance of the hostel?
Have you visited some good private universities to see the way their workers maintain hostels?
Of what use is the maintenance fees those students paid for hostel accommodation?. Don't type what you don't know
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by DavidEsq(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2019
deebee13:
Honestly, I don't know why I booked this space!
U cannor jus can

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Christmasdon(m): 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
I don't know why Nairaland like anything snake at first i taught it was a jokingly something . nahwar o.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
tiger28:
Nigerians and expectations......... Being medical students doesn't mean that bush can't be cleared by the Students. Abeg get your Cutlass and clear it or put very little money together and hire a couple of guys To clear that area I see in the pic.....waiting on govt is a no no in this clime
Of what use is the maintenance fee or do you support corruption?
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by larryking540: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
osazsky:
its not a sec sch it's a uni and d hostel is inside d uni they dont have labour day like sec sch,those who stay off k normally clear thier compound moreover it has been paid for,u should hold d VC accountable and nasu not student, I nerver cleared while in sch
which sch u attend?
this is 9ja u kw how d system works, get ur certificate and forge ahead in life, 9ja isn't a bed of roses
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Weathered: 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Yeah and I was my hostel governor..... I don't wait for school b4 I mobilise my hostel warriors to clean our surrounding ....

I always make sure we win the award of neatest hostel every semester....

Them know me, if I miss that award we go get problem for that hostel.

Even my boarding days, I was hall President..... I can kill u wait ur parents if u no come out for labour ...

So yes .... Am not a lazy youth
I hope you realise that cleaning of hostels are assigned to porters by school authorities in Uniben, even down to the toilets and surrounding. This is charged to the students in their hostel fees.

There's absolutely nothing wrong for students to hold school authorities responsible to their duties. The same demonic culture we have in Nigeria where consumers buy transformers for NEPA to bill them.

You buy fuel for a police truck to arrest a suspect. This isn't clever, it's a very dangerous life to lead.

People should be held accountable for what they are paid to do. Not for university students to be clearing bushes in school owned hostel.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by GentleA(m): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
Dat one na bush?
Make we do wetin sef, na we go clear dat small weed for una, abi na federal government?
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by donvicky2007: 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

You shouldn't put your mouth in things you have no knowledge of.

How do you expect the students to cut the grasses, when Government are paying some people in that university to keep those places clean and you expect the students to leave their studies to start doing the job of another man.

The point is, those who are paid monthly salary to keep the hostel surroundings clean should be held accountable for their service.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by brainhgeek(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2019
Whatever stops them from picking up cutlasses and clearing their own environment. They never see snake, soon, crocodile, buffalo and rhino will soon make their rooms a safari if they keep waiting for authorities to fix what their common sense should tell them to fix
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2019
BrokenCock:
why the fk are u comparing ur canada with Nigeria? pls if u don't know what goes down here just perm .

Because you Nigerians want what they have in Canada here in Nigeria.

The problem is, you don't want to pay what Canada pays to get there.
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by shadyLP(m): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2019
lazy youth grin
keep waiting for your grandpa in aso rock and FG to come and clear d bushes in your hostels..
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by AreaFada2: 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2019
Anyway the rod of Asclepius has a snake entwined around it. The sign of medicine and healing. So no biggie in a medical environment to see snake. grin cheesy

Considering that fees in Federal schools are so cheap, do not expect lawn mowers to roll in. People should organise themselves and use cutlass to cut it. Guys are too weak these days. Indomie kids. Do not expect Harvard or Oxford conditions for less than £2000 tuition fees total throughout your medical school.

Some of their mates still work as labourers on farms and building sites to pay their way through school.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

You have spoken well, and I have read your other comments on the thread too, and I am impressed.

But here is the problem, the thing is...there are people who are paid to do the job of keeping the hostel grass clear.

Is it students that would do these people's jobs.??

See where one of the problems of Nigeria lies?? People not doing their jobs.

But then again, a big part of the reason why the gardeners are not cutting the grass is because they do not have the equipment, and chemicals, etc to keep the grass and hostel clean and clear. And that has a lot to do with University funding.

Most universites have limited resources for things like overhead costs. The VC of ABU a year ago in a speech stated that overhead costs for his university were as much as 50million naira a month. Meanwhile, government gives him just 10million naira a month. And he is expected to do miracles with that money(Lol).

So, high fees, or more loans.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by KanuSE: 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
DevilhimseIf:
find chemical spread am both the grass and the snake go die

Trash... what chemical are you all about? grin

What do you even know about chemicals? cheesy
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by exsodus: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
DevilhimseIf:
find chemical spread am both the grass and the snake go die
how is that possible
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by funimages: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2019
udomoh:
Bushes and snakes takes over Uniben Medical Students Hostel

This was shared by the University of Benin Medical Students Association (UBEMSA) official Twitter handle…….

Clinical students hostel which houses the clinical students of the university of Benin have been neglected by the school authorities. The whole surroundings covered by bushes. Exposing Medical students to dangerous reptiles and poor health.

The University of Benin Medical Students have been victims of intense marginalization, high-powered politics and systematic disdain by the school authorities.

You can check out more pictures of the bushes, prostests and snakes here:
https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/08/20/bushes-and-snakes-takes-over-uniben-medical-students-hostel-pixs/?amp

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Sensible Comment

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Amah70: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Uniben hostel buildings and environment are like heaven compared to the houses of Nigeria Police in most of the states.

Welcome to shiiiiiithole sovereign FALSE COUNTRY.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by DevilhimseIf: 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
KanuSE:

Trash... what chemical are you all about? grin

What do you even know about chemicals? cheesy
claptrap and stupid trash
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Amah70: 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2019
Spreading clothes on the front corridors of their hostel.

Even the so-called medical students don't understand that it's not good - very bad, aesthetically and hygienically.

These are some of the reasons why I get angry at the Senate and sleep off.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Amah70: 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

The students who spread their clothes on the walls in front of their hostel mess up the place more than the grasses and the snakes.

Tufiakwa.

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by KanuSE: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
DevilhimseIf:

claptrap and stupid trash

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Hoodbilonia: 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2019
Dat year 2013 i stayed thr for one whole year
bleeped enuf medical students
But once u r out,poters go ask for ID till 4pm or bribe him 5h
And me not be medical student
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Kennydoc(m): 11:33pm On Aug 20, 2019
martowskin1:

Oga, it's not the fault of the students but that of the present university management. In the past, all the fields in the university used to be maintained. The present management however doesn't seem to care.

Why should medical students who ideally should be facing their clinical postings and studies be cutting grasses in their hostels, when there are people who should be paid to do it? Are they secondary school students?
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:27am On Aug 21, 2019
Then the school should refund the money budgeted for grasscutting
martowskin1:

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by DevilhimseIf: 4:25am On Aug 21, 2019
KanuSE:

Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by Fourwinds: 6:15am On Aug 21, 2019
deebee13:
Honestly, I don't know why I booked this space!
you need kiss.. Oyaaa take am.... Muuuuuaaaaahhhhh ....heheheeee
Re: Bushes And Snakes Take Over Uniben Medical Students Hostel (Pics) by nabegibeg: 6:46am On Aug 21, 2019
Isoduwa:
Lazy youth

That year for school na we dey do the cutting of grass

Liar liar liar

Stop lying you are not even a uniben student

No student ever cut grass for uniben.

The school has always hired men that comes to do the grass cutting.

Deadly Disease Hits Irele In Ondo, Victims Wake Up Blind, At Least 25 Dead / COVID-19: Madagascar Demands N78,200,000 From Nigeria For Herbal Drugs / NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78