Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA (34763 Views)

Fayemi Names 39-Year-Old Tolu Ibitola As Chief Of Staff / FG Appoints Kashifu Inuwa As New NITDA DG / DG Of NBS And Reno Omokri Tear At Each Other On Twitter Over Nairaland Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by xtivin2: 6:25am On Aug 21, 2019
sonnie10:
Only first degree, others are certificate programs. He is just a technical guy not an administrator. Don’t be surprised that all those big name schools were just seminars.
This guy at most would be a supervisor in a company in a sane climate.
You are on point, mere online courses, or conference and seminars and bang

7 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by city2city: 6:28am On Aug 21, 2019
How do one stop coughing, when their is an obvious cough!!!
stanelvis:

Did you see his impressive profile.
Sometimes we need to look beyond tribe to get things done.

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by kevoh(m): 6:29am On Aug 21, 2019
Sorry, I refused to be fooled by this appointment based on nepotism. angry You can fool others not familiar with this sector with his sham profile but not me! angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Teejay13(m): 6:30am On Aug 21, 2019
What an impressive profile coming from the youth. Wish you best of luck in all your career me Abdul.

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by rozayx5(m): 6:31am On Aug 21, 2019
His profile is tight

No words here

Hausa or not cool

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by ankpaone: 6:38am On Aug 21, 2019
wow!
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by femi4: 6:39am On Aug 21, 2019
QuotaSystem:
MIT, Cambridge, Harvard. Quite an impressive profile for his age. Many years of cognate experience.

These are the kind of brains Nigeria needs to really move to the next level.

Congratulations and be a good ambassador of us.
What did he study there

7 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Afflalo(m): 6:41am On Aug 21, 2019
congrats to him
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Cocolatti(m): 6:42am On Aug 21, 2019
anonimi:

What groundbreaking achievement has been made in ICT by the agency since its establishment
Exactly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by b3llo(m): 6:42am On Aug 21, 2019
ajealadick:

Yes like to the slapping senator Elisha?
The blunder or shortcomings of one person shouldn't be used to generalise all. we are humans with different minds, reasoning and approach. It's quite early in the morning to start thinking southward. Thank you!
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by RxSameer(m): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2019
amuwo1980:

See these useless hirelings, break down for us what he studied at MIT , probably you all are working in cahoots with the guy to paint the image of a technical sound person, we know the truth, there scores of more qualified Nigerians from other parts of the country, this is why u northerners used boko haram to wrest power from Jonathan, cronyism and bigotry is your way of life
idiot appreciate good tinx for once in in ur soory life water na him full ur brain guy

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by RxSameer(m): 7:00am On Aug 21, 2019
QuotaSystem:

Your brain is clearly useless to you.

Why not dispute his qualifications if you can? That's more useful than being a pathetic victim of your insecurities.
don't mind d rascal

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by dabossman(m): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2019
b3llo:
Interesting, not too young to run in play. I hope 2023 Buhari will hand over to an under 40 president

If Nigerians vote for one and don't tell them to go and start from councillor or local government chairman, I'm sure PMB won't have a choice.

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by QuotaSystem: 7:02am On Aug 21, 2019
amuwo1980:

Your name says it all, a scion of failures , a stain on the face of humanity , a disgrace to black race , that's what u and ppl(Buhari) like you are.

So much bitterness with zero logic...

It must really suck to be you grin
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Neoteny(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2019
MrWTF:
quite impressive.

Na only northerners him dey appoint sef.

There's no southerner with his qualifications, biitch.

cool
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by bizzibodi(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2019
mmb:
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi as the new Director-General/CEO of the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA.

The appointment was disclosed by the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media & Publicity, Garba Shehu.

Below is the profile of the new NITDA helmsman

Born on February 21, 1980, Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi is a graduate of Computer Science from the prestigious Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

Mr Abdullahi is a Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT Sloan – trained strategist with 15 years of experience in IT operations, business transformation and solution architecture, across both private and public sectors.

He attended Leadership and Management courses at Harvard University in the USA, University of Cambridge in the UK and IMD Business School in Switzerland.

As the 1st Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) in Nigeria’s Public Sector, he is also a certified project manager and solution architect. He also has many professional certifications in networking, telecommunications, service management and Solution design such as: Huawei telecommunications engineer, Cisco design professional, ITIL, Prince2, etc.

He has worked at Galaxy Backbone as Network Engineer, IP Network Field Engineer, Senior Network & Lead, IP Operations Team, and Senior Solution Architect & Lead, Technical Solution Design Team between 2004 to 2013.

In 2014, he joined Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) as a Technology Architect, where he dedicated his time to developing Technology Architecture Repository that gives 360 view of the Bank’s IT infrastructure and easy decision on new IT investment. He was part of the team that executed software license rationalization which has increased cost savings for the bank in license annual subscriptions.

Mr Abdullahi was a key resource in the development of IT standards for the apex bank, which has reduced mean time to deploy/integrate new system by over 20%. One of his major achievements as a Technology architect was the production of 7 Solution Architectures for critical IT initiatives that helped in achieving cashless society in Nigeria.

He joined NITDA in 2017 as Technical Assistant to the Director General/CEO. Being the IT regulatory body in Nigeria mandated to implement National ICT policy, he Managed execution of strategy which has increased ICT contribution to Nigerian GDP by over 13% in Q2 2018.

The new DG coordinated Local Content initiatives that has increased ICT local production by over 200% in 2017.

He also overhauled IT clearance process and encouraged shared services among agencies. This has helped Federal Government saved over 16Bn NGN from IT projects.

Mr Abdullahi also oversaw procurement process that has reduced cost of major projects by over 5% in two consecutive annual procurement cycles.

Additionally, he managed project execution that has implemented over 300 IT infrastructure intervention.

Mr Abdullahi is a member of both British Computer Society (BCS) and Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) in addition to many memberships to his credit.

He is a recipient of 100 Leading Telecom and ICT Personalities in Nigeria – By Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON).

Mr Abdullahi is from Hadejia, Jigawa State, and he is married with children.

https://dailynigerian.com/kashifu-abdullahi-the-39-year-old-dg-of-nitda-and-architect-of-cashless-banking-in-nigeria/
Enuff!he is over qualified,how much will he b paid?I advice him to join Microsoft Corp.
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by ELAGAIE(m): 7:08am On Aug 21, 2019
Princedapace:

My dear, I no longer worry my self about northerners. They simply find it hard to survive outside govt agencies. If u take a look at our private sectors, if u take a look at the startups with massive potentials, if u take a look at companies built from nothing to something, u will hardly see any Mohamed this, Yusuf that, simply put, u will struggle to find a northerner there or behind it. U will mainly hear Yoruba and igbo names and south south south names. Same thing on competitions, especially educational competitions, u will mainly see Yoruba, igbos and south south names making waves. Once in while, u may see northern name, rarely o.

But when u go to govt agencies, u begin to hear Mohamed, Yusuf, Abdul, etc. U got my point? U begin to see northerner Muslim names. How often do u see them win educational competitions? Look at nollywood and our music industry, yorubas, igbos and South South people helped to make the industry what it is today.

Northern region simply survives mainly on govt positions which they get mainly based on tribal sentiments from the various northern leaders who have led this country. The other day, there was a post about some of Nigeria's finest startups, there was none by any northerners.
A-side natural resources, southern Nigeria has human resources that is well tapped.

That is why I get so hurt when I see how igbos and yorubas fight and the north keep taking advantage of it.

A-side known govt ministries, go to top govt agencies, na northerner names u go see heading the place. I was at a FG agency the other time, around last year, a particular section was filled with people from the north and the head of thay section also from the north. Some of these guys working with him from the north couldnt even write well or speak well.

Southern Nigeria would have become the centre of Africa's development if our southern politicians weren't greedy and selfish. The southern politicians only care about their selfish interest that is why they can't challenge northerner leaders. Southerners are like slaves working for northern Nigeria.. What u just discovered is how it is dear. These people see government positions as birth rights. I sincerely give it to southern citizens for creating things out of nothing for themselves.
Look at education, entertainments, science, Arts, startups, tech, commerce, etc, southerners are the ones creating something out of nothing. I just wish yorubas and igbos can stop their cold war and work together. The two are really great nations.
The British conquared the world not by population but by education, if u claim to be educated than the northerners and u cant wrestle power from them and rule them the ur education is useless. There are very few northerners as soldiers in the 60s, how come the few uneducated northerns almajiris took over power from the educated southerns and rule them
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Edyice: 7:10am On Aug 21, 2019
Northerners EVERYWHERE

Northerners in every appointment angry angry

LIFELESS should be crown king of NEPOTISM

3 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by mattonnairaland: 7:13am On Aug 21, 2019
What an impressive profile. Time to work and prove all these accolades.

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by dalass(f): 7:14am On Aug 21, 2019
stanelvis:

I'm sure that others from several other regions have same or even better profiles undecided kiss

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by prograp(m): 7:16am On Aug 21, 2019
Good move.
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by QuotaSystem: 7:17am On Aug 21, 2019
Ayotemide:

its ironical, your name says it all. Can we argue with you and drag your pay at the end of the month from you? No!

Arguing with your likes is like trying to wake a man who is pretending to be asleep. Can you swallow your bile and dispute his competence for the job? Are you better qualified? Didn't think so smiley.

Swerve. I've got bigger fish to fry.
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 21, 2019
stanelvis:

We even have more interesting profiles from Southerners. Admission quota system should be abolished in that case, and I know you'll be the first to kick against its abolition but when it comes to appointments, you'll want Hausa-Fulani to occupy virtually all the posts just because of impressive profiles. Hope you and other core Northerners will not cry that it's injustice if a President of Southern extraction makes a lop-sided appointment in the future?

3 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 21, 2019
In summar, he has CCIE and Bsc in Computer Science
from ATBU. I know of a few ladies from the south that beat his qualifications in IT hands down. Let's not even talk of southern guys. Go to LinkedIn and see Naija boys who can mob the floor with this guy when it comes to IT. But you can't underrate the power of mediocrity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by RTSC2: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2019
GEEBITE:
Please dont fall for that.ICT guru who has no iota experience or affliction to the silicon valley.Those courses listed are the ones he attended while working at the public sector institutions like CBN .This dude is just a lackey of Isa Pantami the Imam IT expert.An IT guru that has never pitched his brains with those shaping the world even from our silicon valley in Sabo Yaba.
Hahaha.

3 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by blackboy(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2019
Hmmm. All I can see he is very well connected. Galaxy backbone- govt . CBN - govt. I wont say more.

4 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by RTSC2: 7:27am On Aug 21, 2019
The NNPC is practically a northern association.

When you remember that some States in Nigeria have more oil professionals than any northern region as a whole, you just have to Marvel at the system.

Azikiwe would not recognize this Nigeria if he were still alive.

2 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Princedapace(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2019
ELAGAIE:

The British conquared the world not by population but by education, if u claim to be educated than the northerners and u cant wrestle power from them and rule them the ur education is useless. There are very few northerners as soldiers in the 60s, how come the few uneducated northerns almajiris took over power from the educated southerns and rule them

The constitution was manipulated bro. The state and local govt numbers caused it and there was no love among southern leaders. Like I said, southern leaders are greedy and didn't care so much about the growth and potentiality in southern Nigeria. And southern Nigeria became divided due to the high number of Muslims in western part of Nigeria. That move to convert many westerners into Islam really paid the northern political elites. This caused division among southerners and their loyalty became divided. The division in the South is why northern elites take advantage of. Up till today, that division is still there.

The civil war presented us the perfect time to quit but we failed as southern Nigerians again becus there was division in the south yet again. So southern as it stands feeds the entire country not just through natural resources but also thru human resources and human resources remains the biggest of them all.

Look at how much the war in the north is costing us as a nation. It's pathetic. I completely blame the southern leaders..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by crowaddy(m): 7:30am On Aug 21, 2019
amuwo1980:

See these useless hirelings, break down for us what he studied at MIT , probably you all are working in cahoots with the guy to paint the image of a technical sound person, we know the truth, there scores of more qualified Nigerians from other parts of the country, this is why u northerners used boko haram to wrest power from Jonathan, cronyism and bigotry is your way of life

Don’t mind them . What’s his managerial experience ? What did he study in Harvard or MIT?

2 Likes

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by RTSC2: 7:31am On Aug 21, 2019
Neoteny:

There's no southerner with his qualifications, biitch.

cool
Slap yourself ten times.

1 Like

Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Donpenny(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2019
Though he has a very impressive profile with experience but I doubt his age to achieved such academic level with such vast work experience. His age is questionable
Re: Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 21, 2019
ELAGAIE:

Go and ask Britain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Kogi PDP Governorship Flag Off / Buhari Attends Funeral Service In Cotonou (Photos) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.