Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) (102672 Views)

Top 3 Tinubu's Ministers Who Are Best Fit For Their Portfolios? / President Tinubu's Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) / Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by OlujobaSamuel: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2019
Naijafull19:

If true...the thing is, Petroleum should have gone to a technocrat like Kalichukwu.

Anyway, the thing is, oil subsidy must go. That should be Sylva and Bubu's agenda. Anything else is not good.
I'm not even for saying he should get someone that has been groomed within the sector, but he should get a disciplined and capable hands in whatever field they were before appointment, that dude from imo or oyo, Nwajuba(not sure of the spelling) and Dare might do well, not those that can't sit hours in a meeting without having unnecessary jest or folly.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 21, 2019
mcbreeze:
What's the different between minister of information and minister of communication?
One inform and the other takes his time to communicate
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Orobo2Lekpa: 2:18pm On Aug 21, 2019
Gistpeeps:
President Buhari has assigned portfolios to the 43 Ministers sworn in this afternoon. See the Ministers and their portfolios below

Abia – Uchechukwu Samson Ogah: Minister of State Mines and Steel Delvelopment

Adamawa – Mohammed musa Bello: Minister of Federal Capital Territory

Akwa Ibom – God’swill Akpabio: Minister of Niger Delta

Anambra – Dr Chris Ngige: Minister of Labor and Employment

Anambra – Sharon Ikeazu: Minister of State Environment

Bauchi – Adamu Adamu: Minister of Education

Bauchi – Ambassador Mariam Kategu: Minsiter of State Trade and Investment

Bayelsa – Timipre Sylva: Minister of State Petroleum Resources

Benue- George Akume : Minister of Special Duties and International Affairs

Borno- Mustapha Baba Shehuri.: Minsiter of State Agriculture and Rural development

Cross River – Goddi Jeddi Agba: Minister of State Power

Delta – Festus Keyamo: Minsiter of State Niger Delta

Enugu – Ogbonnaya Onu: Minister of Science and Technology

Edo – Osagie Ehanire: Minister of Health

Edo – Clement Agba: Minister of State Budget and National Planning

Ekiti- Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo: Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment

Enugu – Geoffrey Onyeama: Minister of Foreign Investment

Gombe – Isa Ibrahim Pantami: Minister of Communication

Imo – Emeka Nwajiuba: Minister of State Education

Jigawa – Sulieman Adamu: Minister of Water Resources

Kaduna – Zainab Ahmed: Minister of Finance

Kaduna – Mohammed Mahmud: Minister of Environment

Kano – Sabo Nanono: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development

Kano – Major Bashir Magashi: Minister of Defence

Katsina – Hadi Sirika: Minsiter of Aviation

Kebbi – Abubakar Malami: Attorney General and Minister of Justice

Kogi – Ramatu Tijani: FCT Minister of State

Kwara – Lai Mohammed: Minister of Information

Kwara – Gbemisola Saraki : Minister of State Transportation

Lagos – Olorunmibe Mamora: Minister of State Health

Lagos – Babatunde Fashola: Minister of Works and Housing

Nasarawa – Mohammed Abdullahi: Minsiter fo state Science and Technology

Niger – Zubairu Dada: Minister of State Foreign Affairs

Ogun – Olamilekun Adegbite: Minister of Mines and Steel Development

Ondo – Tayo Alaosuadura: Minsiter of State Labour and Employment

Osun- Rauf Aregbesola: Minister of Interior

Oyo- Sunday Dare: Minsiter of Youths and Sports

Plateau- Paulen Talen: Minister of Women Affairs

Rivers- Rotimi Amaechi: Minsiter of Transportation

Sokoto- Maigarai Dingyadi: Minister of Police Affairs

Taraba- Saleh Mamman: Minister of Power

Yobe- Abubakar Aliyu: Minister of State Works and Housing

Zamfara- Sadiya Umar Farouk: Minister of Humanitarion Affair and National Disaster

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/ull-list-of-ministers-and-their-portfolios.html

Festus Keyamo, junior minister for Niger Delta. Reporting to Godswill Akpabio grin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Kriptune: 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Most of these ministries just look like a copy and paste

What's the difference between; Adamawa – Mohammed musa Bello: Minister of Federal Capital Territory and Kogi – Ramatu Tijani: FCT Minister of State

Akwa Ibom – God’swill Akpabio: Minister of Niger Delta and Delta – Festus Keyamo: Minsiter of State Niger Delta

Imo – Emeka Nwajiuba: Minister of State Education and Bauchi – Adamu Adamu: Minister of Education

Kaduna – Mohammed Mahmud: Minister of Environment and Anambra – Sharon Ikeazu: Minister of State Environment

Gombe – Isa Ibrahim Pantami: Minister of Communication and Kwara – Lai Mohammed: Minister of Information

Are there sub ministries? I'll really love to hear the explanations to these.
Educational stuff

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Missy89(f): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
Wtf is minister of state?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Bigsteveg(m): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
BafanaBafana:
If i were Emeka Nwajiuba, i will humbly decline the position and remain in house of rep. Timpriye sylva as petroleum minister sounds off, i also dont like that Abubakar Malami. I bliv he has one strong God father he works for and he keeps embarassing the government. some of the positions are good. the rest we can manage
That's late already. Did he contest the last election and won?
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ensamy(m): 2:21pm On Aug 21, 2019
Nonsense portfolios for South Easterners and others, while the juicy ones remain with the North. Rubbisssssssh shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by simplesearch: 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
I pray they succeed. But seems the whole appointment is based on quota system rather than merit and professionalism?
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Sirika is now a full minister.
no more quarrel between him and Amaechi.

Both now has same Power.

You think issue arose because he wasn't a full minister? Yy are a child position never cones with power some per sec or directors have more powers than ministers
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by jrusky(m): 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
Timipere Slyvia Minister of petroleum Interesting so interesting indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Cjayboy: 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
I just dey pass..
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
wizod:
Another stark illiterate from d north as d minister of education. Nigerian education sector is dead and never to rise again.

Adamu Adamu

1.Is educated up to Postgraduate level.

2.Was a newspaper columnist for many years. (used to write a column for the Daily Trust for several years. And it was well written.).Also his column was syndicated.

3.Speaks several languages..English and French inclusive.

4.Is quite intelligent.

You were saying?

Mind...I was not pleased with his performance as Education minister. But an illiterate he ain't.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Angelfrost(m): 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
I wish I could actually be disappointed... But, I'm not in the least bit.

Everything about this administration is not unpredictable... And that is strangely funny as it is dismally worrisome. tongue undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by kayusely70(m): 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
Onyeama is Minister of Foreign Affairs not Foreign Investments.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Chukazu: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2019
Abia gave Buhari the votes in South East yet Buhari can't even give us a full ministerial position, instead giving us a useless " junior minister?"
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Djmunsha: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
Mzee1Kahuna:
why is it that it was an ebira he could handpick in kogi state? well twas because of yaya's influence. how could he when Dino lives?
who told you she is an ebira. stop spreading fake news.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Blazebond(m): 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2019
Timipre Sylva is now a minister,� GOD help this nation.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
Gistpeeps:
President Buhari has assigned portfolios to the 43 Ministers sworn in this afternoon. See the Ministers and their portfolios below

Abia – Uchechukwu Samson Ogah: Minister of State Mines and Steel Delvelopment

Adamawa – Mohammed musa Bello: Minister of Federal Capital Territory

Akwa Ibom – God’swill Akpabio: Minister of Niger Delta

Anambra – Dr Chris Ngige: Minister of Labor and Employment

Anambra – Sharon Ikeazu: Minister of State Environment

Bauchi – Adamu Adamu: Minister of Education

Bauchi – Ambassador Mariam Kategu: Minsiter of State Trade and Investment

Bayelsa – Timipre Sylva: Minister of State Petroleum Resources

Benue- George Akume : Minister of Special Duties and International Affairs

Borno- Mustapha Baba Shehuri.: Minsiter of State Agriculture and Rural development

Cross River – Goddi Jeddi Agba: Minister of State Power

Delta – Festus Keyamo: Minsiter of State Niger Delta

Enugu – Ogbonnaya Onu: Minister of Science and Technology

Edo – Osagie Ehanire: Minister of Health

Edo – Clement Agba: Minister of State Budget and National Planning

Ekiti- Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo: Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment

Enugu – Geoffrey Onyeama: Minister of Foreign Investment

Gombe – Isa Ibrahim Pantami: Minister of Communication

Imo – Emeka Nwajiuba: Minister of State Education

Jigawa – Sulieman Adamu: Minister of Water Resources

Kaduna – Zainab Ahmed: Minister of Finance

Kaduna – Mohammed Mahmud: Minister of Environment

Kano – Sabo Nanono: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development

Kano – Major Bashir Magashi: Minister of Defence

Katsina – Hadi Sirika: Minsiter of Aviation

Kebbi – Abubakar Malami: Attorney General and Minister of Justice

Kogi – Ramatu Tijani: FCT Minister of State

Kwara – Lai Mohammed: Minister of Information

Kwara – Gbemisola Saraki : Minister of State Transportation

Lagos – Olorunmibe Mamora: Minister of State Health

Lagos – Babatunde Fashola: Minister of Works and Housing

Nasarawa – Mohammed Abdullahi: Minsiter fo state Science and Technology

Niger – Zubairu Dada: Minister of State Foreign Affairs

Ogun – Olamilekun Adegbite: Minister of Mines and Steel Development

Ondo – Tayo Alaosuadura: Minsiter of State Labour and Employment

Osun- Rauf Aregbesola: Minister of Interior

Oyo- Sunday Dare: Minsiter of Youths and Sports

Plateau- Paulen Talen: Minister of Women Affairs

Rivers- Rotimi Amaechi: Minsiter of Transportation

Sokoto- Maigarai Dingyadi: Minister of Police Affairs

Taraba- Saleh Mamman: Minister of Power

Yobe- Abubakar Aliyu: Minister of State Works and Housing

Zamfara- Sadiya Umar Farouk: Minister of Humanitarion Affair and National Disaster

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/ull-list-of-ministers-and-their-portfolios.html

Two (2) ministers for same post? I can't get.

Abeg someone should enlightened me...

Check Abia and Ogun please
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kriptune:
Most of these ministries just look like a copy and paste

What's the difference between; Adamawa – Mohammed musa Bello: Minister of Federal Capital Territory and Kogi – Ramatu Tijani: FCT Minister of State

Akwa Ibom – God’swill Akpabio: Minister of Niger Delta and Delta – Festus Keyamo: Minsiter of State Niger Delta

Imo – Emeka Nwajiuba: Minister of State Education and Bauchi – Adamu Adamu: Minister of Education

Kaduna – Mohammed Mahmud: Minister of Environment and Anambra – Sharon Ikeazu: Minister of State Environment

Gombe – Isa Ibrahim Pantami: Minister of Communication and Kwara – Lai Mohammed: Minister of Information

Are there sub ministries? I'll really love to hear the explanations to these.
Educational stuff

1. The Constitution says that we have to have a representative of each and every state on the Cabinet. Minsiters of States were created to accomodate every representative. (And yes, it was subject to a court case at the Supreme court..and the Supreme Court said that that is what the Constitution says).

NB: Obasanjo and Buhari would have liked smaller cabinets but then again

2.Minister of Communications supervises things like telecoms, radio frequencies, etc. Minsitry of Information is responsible for government propaganda, and general education (in the past they used to even print health posters for example).

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by profsein007(m): 2:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
Mzee1Kahuna:

why is it that it was an ebira he could handpick in kogi state?
well twas because of yaya's influence.
how could he when Dino lives?

Get your facts right before making any statement as this. The minister from Kogi isn't an Ebira by tribe. She is from Lokoja

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
Its an insult on Abia and Bayelsa producing minister of state
And for that stingy Muhammed retaining his position as FCT MINISTER,is a very very bad pick by pmb
Goodluck
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by NextBuhari: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2019
JuanDeDios:

NTA is regulated by NCC, which is a parastatal under the Ministry of Communications. So I doubt if NTA is under the Information Ministry. But, again, the Information Ministry uses NTA for its propaganda, right?
NTA is regulated by the NBC, not NCC.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

Two (2) ministers for same post? I can't get.

Abeg someone should enlightened me...

Check Abia and Ogun please

Because the Constituion says that all states must be represented in the Cabinet, the position of 'MInisters of state' was created to accomodate every representative on the Cabinet.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by BluntBoy(m): 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
GideonIdaboh:
I've been an ardent critic of Buhari.
I don't know bout the rest ministers, but I trust Akpabio to deliver quality projects in the Niger Delta ministry and Fashola to concentrate fully in the ministry of works. Let's all hope for the better

Fashola is really doing well in the ministry of works. With the burden of one ministry taken off his neck, Fashola can only get better.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by MyGeneration(m): 2:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
BafanaBafana:
If i were Emeka Nwajiuba, i will humbly decline the position and remain in house of rep. Timpriye sylva as petroleum minister sounds off, i also dont like that Abubakar Malami. I bliv he has one strong God father he works for and he keeps embarassing the government. some of the positions are good. the rest we can manage
are u okay?

why should emeka resign the position?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by shehuaz: 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
information different from communication. by information means, dissemination of news to the public. communication means a process of sending information. we can use communication gadgets to disseminate information.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by olowo1995(m): 2:35pm On Aug 21, 2019
Mzee1Kahuna:

why is it that it was an ebira he could handpick in kogi state?
well twas because of yaya's influence.
how could he when Dino lives?

Is dino and d president on the same political party
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by YoungAncient1: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
Some of these portfolios are just funny. You have a minister for foreign investment and another for foreign duties.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by tinsel: 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
PDP and supporters abused the hell oit of Akpabio when he lost election.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by contigiency(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
I am with Mr president on this. Let's give them our support and pray that God use them to change the narratives of Nigeria for good.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by isa6namo(m): 2:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
This is fair,thumbs up baba
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by bixton(m): 2:38pm On Aug 21, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
Sylvia for petroleum resources still dey funny to me, imagine bubu and Sylvia handling the crooks in the petroleum sector, dem go use tecnical oyinbo bamboozled the two of them.

Why don't you find out if Sylva has a knowledge about the petroleum sector....
Please try and ask around............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Moment Bianca Ojukwu Slapped Osodieme Obiano (Video) / The Car Where Olajide Sowore Was Shot Dead (Pictures) / 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.