Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) (102650 Views)

Top 3 Tinubu's Ministers Who Are Best Fit For Their Portfolios? / President Tinubu's Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) / Why Service Chiefs Were At Buhari’s 2019 Next Level Campaign Launch – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by amadiwati(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
Eteka1:
Goddi Jedy Agba would have been the best man for Petroleum, Buhari bleeped up.

Baba, I no fit vex.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by shadeyinka(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
perrychemical:

It is amazing the way Nigerian politicians see Nigeria problem, they always think that they can achieve something big through politics.
Nigeria power sector shouldn't be put in the hand of a lawyer, Agriculturalist. It is a sector that needs a complete overhaul.Though, it is not a rocket science to get it right, Its need a combination of policies, and full knowledge of technology, and Engineering of power generation, efficient transmission infrastructure, as well as sound distribution system. In the developed countries, the concept of Energy efficiency has always been a serious discussions, and of course they know its importance to employment generation. If a power sector of a country with the approximate population of 200 Millions people is a way below 10,000MW, this is indicative of lack of productivity, high unemployment rate, inefficient economy, poverty, and lack of responsibility.

Infact, it is something our government should tacked head on, and assign people with the right knowledge, internationally exposures, and of course with overall knowledge in this sector. I believe, this should be strategic, and ultimately be taken serious. Going through this portfolio, I dont see anything change in the power sector in the next 4 years, it seems to me that, everything was just a joke. We need to start given responsibility objectively, and shouldn't be based on political compensation. Well, I cant overrule the concept of political compensation, but it shouldn't be matched into the critical sector.

The power sector in Nigeria only should be generating millions of jobs. At every stage of the power system, there is opportunity for economic prosperity, and its only call for the right policies, and huge investment in the sector. The power infrastructure is nothing to write home about, the grid is worn out, loses at every stages, the distribution cannot even be explained by the ordinary people, maybe by the spiritual power governing the energy sector in Nigeria you can get a proper and useless explanation.

Honestly, it cant work fine, because you cant give what you dont have. I am really disappointed that Nigerian will keep on wallowing in this state with no sound economic blueprint, and in a state of total despair surrounded by abject poverty, environmental noise of I "pass my neighbor".

I feel you Bro!
Our Electrical Energy Problem is not difficult to solve but the powers that be don't want to.

Just by a pronouncement by the Presidency, the distribution sector would be sanitised in 3 months. All the Presidency needed to do was to say
"No Nigerian should pay for Electrical consumption of they have Prepaid Meters AND they must be Disconnected throughout" after a deadline of 3 months

You won't believe how fast Meters will surface when they realize that estimated billings become illegal.

1. The question of DISCOS Rejecting Power from the GENCOS will come to an end
2. Profit of GENCOS will hence be based on their production capacity and they will all strive to cope and even expand.

Even through there is more they can do, these two will kickstart the electricity generation and distribution.

Unfortunately, every logic tells me that the Government is benefiting from the estimated billings hence their silence.

God help us

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ZombieDestroyer: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2019
michealewela:

So anybody from hausa is an illiterate?

YES! Eg Buhari!! tongue
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Femeto: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2019
They keep messing with the sports ministry.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by MrBONE2(m): 4:49pm On Aug 21, 2019
Mzee1Kahuna:

why is it that it was an ebira he could handpick in kogi state?
well twas because of yaya's influence.
how could he when Dino lives?

grin

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by OALandAgents: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2019
Radio and TV matters are handled by Information ministry.
JuanDeDios:

The first is the government's town crier, grave whitewasher and liar-in-chief. The second is in charge of MTN, Glo, posting of letters, radio and TV matters, etc.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by RealityShot: 5:02pm On Aug 21, 2019
Apkabio done win finally! Niger Delta ministry na platinum mine!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ChristianEast: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2019
ELAGAIE:

Police and Customs are wat make Interio ministry powerful b4, Customs has been removed long ago into Finance (headed by El-Rufa'i network member). And police is now also remove from interio and headed by El-Rufai potential ally, a sokoto man
Like I said in the post you quoted, the positions were strategically shared to favour the kaduna mafias. Interior is also powerful for someone positioning for the presidency.

I just pray the North are not angling to make El Rufai president because if they dare that, it would be the end of the fulani hegemony in the North, the peaceful Hausas would take back their states
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by realstars: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Saint, Ministers
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Ayamhappy(m): 5:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
they shud separate d Ministry of Youth nd Ministry of sport........all d ministers dis country ever produced hv failed......dat is y dey find it difficult 2 evn increase corpers alawee(19800)
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Back2Daura(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
ruggedtimi:
he has worked under the minister of petroleum during obj's tenure..He has experience in the ministry

Beast you
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Amya(f): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

Two (2) ministers for same post? I can't get.

Abeg someone should enlightened me...

Check Abia and Ogun please

There's minister and minister of state.

Minister is a federal position whilst minister of state is the equivalent of commissioner in states, FCT being the state itself.

So another word for minister of state could be commissioner of FCT . But since FCT is a full on FEDERAL entity , they are called minister of state

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by sayosnipes: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
Mzee1Kahuna:

why is it that it was an ebira he could handpick in kogi state?
well twas because of yaya's influence.
how could he when Dino lives?
So Ebira can't serve in the FEC?
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by JuanDeDios: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2019
OALandAgents:
Radio and TV matters are handled by Information ministry.
ALL matter of bandwidth and frequency allocation and licensing are done by Communication ministry.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by ItzEminence(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
Validated:
Is Ogbonnayaya Onu not from Abia again?
By the way, Onu may succeed Buhari ... If you know, you know!
Nope he's from Ebonyi State

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by oscarvicto(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
we buy dollars. pounds and euros @ excellent rate. qe accept physical and bank transfer too

08063333215. whatsapp/calls
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by drskyfly007(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2019
Festus (Stephanie Otobo) Keyamo is a former EFCC PROSECUTOR. Godswill Akpabio is a former EFCC SUSPECT. Akpabio is now Keyamo's BOSS. A former PROSECUTOR will now be saying 'yes sir' to a former SUSPECT.

You can just imagine the irony!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by OALandAgents: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2019
True;but every other radio & TV matter e.g. content etc . handled by Information ministry
JuanDeDios:

ALL matter of bandwidth and frequency allocation and licensing are done by Communication ministry.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by BafanaBafana: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2019
freeze001:
No way na, he has been thrown out by the court and another upheld as substantive APC candidate for that seat in the House of Reps.
i heard he ran under one of these small parties and won and is currently a member. Abi no be so?
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by guiddoti: 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
maestroferdi:
Corruption fighter my foot!

Timipre Silva as the Minister of State for Petroleum...

Who does that?
It is only on computer you people franchise, why can't you go to court? Nigeria can shout sha
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by JuanDeDios: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
OALandAgents:
True;but every other radio & TV matter e.g. content etc . handled by Information ministry
Really? MoI is responsible for AIT's content? I think you're talking about government-owned stations. If you mean content MONITORING, that's done by NBC, which I believe is a parastatal under MoC.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
Minister of National Disaster grin

#fuckedbyfour

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by guiddoti: 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2019
Gistpeeps:
President Buhari has assigned portfolios to the 43 Ministers sworn in this afternoon. See the Ministers and their portfolios below

Abia – Uchechukwu Samson Ogah: Minister of State Mines and Steel Delvelopment

Adamawa – Mohammed musa Bello: Minister of Federal Capital Territory

Akwa Ibom – God’swill Akpabio: Minister of Niger Delta

Anambra – Dr Chris Ngige: Minister of Labor and Employment

Anambra – Sharon Ikeazu: Minister of State Environment

Bauchi – Adamu Adamu: Minister of Education

Bauchi – Ambassador Mariam Kategu: Minsiter of State Trade and Investment

Bayelsa – Timipre Sylva: Minister of State Petroleum Resources

Benue- George Akume : Minister of Special Duties and International Affairs

Borno- Mustapha Baba Shehuri.: Minsiter of State Agriculture and Rural development

Cross River – Goddi Jeddi Agba: Minister of State Power

Delta – Festus Keyamo: Minsiter of State Niger Delta

Enugu – Ogbonnaya Onu: Minister of Science and Technology

Edo – Osagie Ehanire: Minister of Health

Edo – Clement Agba: Minister of State Budget and National Planning

Ekiti- Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo: Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment

Enugu – Geoffrey Onyeama: Minister of Foreign Investment

Gombe – Isa Ibrahim Pantami: Minister of Communication

Imo – Emeka Nwajiuba: Minister of State Education

Jigawa – Sulieman Adamu: Minister of Water Resources

Kaduna – Zainab Ahmed: Minister of Finance

Kaduna – Mohammed Mahmud: Minister of Environment

Kano – Sabo Nanono: Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development

Kano – Major Bashir Magashi: Minister of Defence

Katsina – Hadi Sirika: Minsiter of Aviation

Kebbi – Abubakar Malami: Attorney General and Minister of Justice

Kogi – Ramatu Tijani: FCT Minister of State

Kwara – Lai Mohammed: Minister of Information

Kwara – Gbemisola Saraki : Minister of State Transportation

Lagos – Olorunmibe Mamora: Minister of State Health

Lagos – Babatunde Fashola: Minister of Works and Housing

Nasarawa – Mohammed Abdullahi: Minsiter fo state Science and Technology

Niger – Zubairu Dada: Minister of State Foreign Affairs

Ogun – Olamilekun Adegbite: Minister of Mines and Steel Development

Ondo – Tayo Alaosuadura: Minsiter of State Labour and Employment

Osun- Rauf Aregbesola: Minister of Interior

Oyo- Sunday Dare: Minsiter of Youths and Sports

Plateau- Paulen Talen: Minister of Women Affairs

Rivers- Rotimi Amaechi: Minsiter of Transportation

Sokoto- Maigarai Dingyadi: Minister of Police Affairs

Taraba- Saleh Mamman: Minister of Power

Yobe- Abubakar Aliyu: Minister of State Works and Housing

Zamfara- Sadiya Umar Farouk: Minister of Humanitarion Affair and National Disaster

Nigeria State- Seun Osewa: Minister of keyboard warriors, nairaland.

https://all-gists..com/2019/08/ull-list-of-ministers-and-their-portfolios.html
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by freeze001(f): 6:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
He decamped to APC immediately his name was announced as minister designate. All na plan work. He had been in APC but the rofo rofo between Okorocha and APC Chair made some of them in Imo decamp to AA, he was one of them.
BafanaBafana:
i heard he ran under one of these small parties and won and is currently a member. Abi no be so?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by Deepthoughts: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2019
LKO:

George Akume is minister for special duties and inter governmental affairs. Not foreign affairs, I checked it on Femi Adesina facebook update.
Ok then,but I thought buhari said all these ministries were corruption why has he gone back to them now,mumu.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by guiddoti: 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2019
symbianDON:
this list goes to further buttress the fact that buhari doesn't really know what he's doing
Noise as usual.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by mumumugu(m): 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2019
mcbreeze:
What's the different between minister of information and minister of communication?

The former is the PRO ,news broadcaster...

The later is in charge of MTN,,Glo

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2019
Bimpe29:

How can you give Kaduna and Kano States two substantive portfolios each?
Please look at George Akume's portfolio and justify the necessity and function of such ministry in the context of having The Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Buhari's appointments have always been lopsided and sentimental.

Add Katsina too.. Aviation and Petroleum (Buhari).. meaning Kano Kaduna and Katsina has 6 senior ministers
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by wapana(m): 7:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good.We're watching episode 2.I would hav loved Mr.Presido to re-shuffle the minister of labor & employment and the minister of information bcaus both of them didn't perform well during the first tenure.
Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by sanpipita(m): 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2019
Northerners getting the senior ministerial roles, make I no say much

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by prof12(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
Avedonn:
Square peg in a round hole.

Seriously I'm very disappointed with Buhari. Especially his choice of minister of petroleum. He appointed someone that has no clue about the the downstream sector and expect the person to perform?

Indeed we're in for a long thing for the next four year.

Mind you Buhari is the minister of petroleum resources.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) by prof12(m): 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
DonFreshmoney:

Add Katsina too.. Aviation and Petroleum (Buhari).. meaning Kano Kaduna and Katsina has 6 senior ministers

Stop that calculation and just wish them well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Moment Bianca Ojukwu Slapped Osodieme Obiano (Video) / The Car Where Olajide Sowore Was Shot Dead (Pictures) / 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.