Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration (30071 Views)

Seme Border: Ban On Vehicle Importation Still In Force - Customs / Trucks Stuck At The End Of Seme Border (Photos) / Nigerian Man Dies At Canadian Border After Allegedly Resisting Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by dadebayo1(m): 10:07am On Aug 22, 2019
No one is talking : grin
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2019
Things happening around the world

Check siggy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by alizma: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2019
D
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Sicilyjoe: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2019
That place looks like toll gate in cotonu and not seme border
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by MARS1(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2019
fernandez1:
Aregbesola over to u..... Don't give us excuse that u don't know the ministry.... If u had no knowledge how it works pls do the needful by resignation
before their appointments, hasn't the ministry been functioning? biko leave aregbe, he is to resume on monday, we have perm. sec who oversees and knows the in and out of the ministry. So we have a border that could be shut down in the first place, that is great to start with!
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by kayzat: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2019
fernandez1:
Aregbesola over to u..... Don't give us excuse that u don't know the ministry.... If u had no knowledge how it works pls do the needful by resignation

The way you guys reason sef dey tire person. So a minister that was inaugurated less than 24 hours ago is the one you expected to tell you why the boarder was closed or should be responsible for closing of the boarder

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Mizwisdom(f): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2019
This is what we have been clamoring for, tight border control. Togolese, Ghanaians, Benenois and others please stay in your own country, also the borders at the North should be closed, we need to control our problem population explosion

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Front0lane: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2019
Was that how you encourage Abba Moro, the interior minister who defrauded Nigerian youth Corp members billions of naira, then slaughtered about 12 of them over a fake job scandal ?

fernandez1:
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Focusmind: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2019
And the borders in the Northern part will be free and porous as a leaking roof. Government should focus more attention on the Northern borders and not on Southern Borders. All custom officials are always interested in Lagos and Ogun borders. Probably, that's where the money flows.

Please all the border posts in the North are very important and Government have neglected that part of the borders for so long.

Nobody should read anything ethnic on my post - It is not about it please as Nairaland is usually a play ground for ethnic bigots.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by spiralwedge(m): 10:15am On Aug 22, 2019
Fayose or Atiku probably wanted to sneak out disguised as a woman. They are in one of those buses. grin grin
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2019
Focusmind:
And the borders in the Northern part will be free and porous as a leaking roof. Government should focus more attention on the Northern borders and not on Southern Borders. All custom officials are always interested in Lagos and Ogun borders. Probably, that's where the money flows.

Please all the border posts in the North are very important and Government have neglected that part of the borders for so long.

Nobody should read anything ethnic on my post - It is not about it please as Nairaland is usually a play ground for ethnic bigots.

You are right. Northern borders are virtually unmanned.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by nwamabo247(m): 10:17am On Aug 22, 2019
Plz i am on my knee

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Princeofasia: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2019
its no more news. we already know that its shot down. what we want to know is the reason for this shot down. u useless bloggers won't give relevant news, all u know is to copy and pste and spam trash everywhere. later you will want to be like linda

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Empredboy(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2019
nevilbot:

Please how does seme border become a transit point to Cameroon. Do you mean goods from from Benin republic pass through there to get to Cameroon or u mean seme border is d gateway to Cameroon? Biko I would appreciate your explanation
goods come from as far as Senegal through ivory coast to Ghana to Togo before benin (Cotonuo) before Nigeria
. some goods are on transit to Cameroon through Seme border through calabar.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Sterope(f): 10:40am On Aug 22, 2019
It could be an emergency security measure. You won't a get anotification for that.

savcy:
No need to panic, it won't be shut forever.

I just don't like the way this government goes about things that affect tax payers without prompt notification.

God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Malawian(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2019
ChristineC:
nonsense.
we all know the border areas nomadic imbeciles enter the country from.
It is not everybody you should be responding to.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Jabioro: 10:51am On Aug 22, 2019
Yeah it happened about three days ago ..my guy was trapped too uptill now he is still there..
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by otokx(m): 11:06am On Aug 22, 2019
Focusmind:

Very correct
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by savcy(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2019
Sterope:
It could be an emergency security measure. You won't a get anotification for that.

Notwithstanding, by now, I think some sort of information should have trickled down to the stranded to pacify their ordeal. It's frustrating being stuck on with absolutely nothing by way of information.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by alphaNomega: 11:17am On Aug 22, 2019
nevilbot:

Please how does seme border become a transit point to Cameroon. Do you mean goods from from Benin republic pass through there to get to Cameroon or u mean seme border is d gateway to Cameroon? Biko I would appreciate your explanation

Some goods have their final destination at Cameroon. Not everything is West Africa mbok

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by alphaNomega: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2019
Mizwisdom:
This is what we have been clamoring for, tight border control. Togolese, Ghanaians, Benenois and others please stay in your own country, also the borders at the North should be closed, we need to control our problem population explosion

Finally, someone who understands how Trump feels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by famouscargo4u: 11:23am On Aug 22, 2019
Aregbesola flexing his power a minister of interior. one of his key duties is border control.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by cooooooks(m): 11:26am On Aug 22, 2019
Are you sure one made up "big man" isn't crossing the road?
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2019
Cameroun.... Seme border... Calabar?? You are confusing me more
Empredboy:
goods come from as far as Senegal through ivory coast to Ghana to Togo before benin (Cotonuo) before Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by foster212: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2019
flavnwokem:
Cameroun.... Seme border... Calabar?? You are confusing me more
What is this one saying? You want to tell me you don't know that the roads to these countries are interlinked?
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by oluwaahmed: 12:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
foster212:

What is this one saying? You want to tell me you don't know that the roads to these countries are interlinked?

The point is whats the correlation between seme-border and calabar border when routing to Cameroon? Calabar has a direct border crossing with Cameroon, just as seme is between Nigeria and benè republic. But I think what he means is that for importation to Cameroon from west African countries our land border must be used, from seme to calabar. Its just English problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by nevilbot: 12:12pm On Aug 22, 2019
Empredboy:

That's a very long way to travel for perishable goods to get to Cameroon and I don't see it as cost effective or sensible.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by changeskc: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
fernandez1:

There's a 28days shut down of all Nigeria borders. It's a very strict operations from the NSA. All activities including movement of goods and persons to and fro ,has been put to stop. Reasons re for purely security measures most especially to curb smuggling of arms and ammunition. Presently, I am at a border point. Baruten local govt, Kwara state. Total shutdown here.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by OlujobaSamuel: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2019
nevilbot:

Some people transit through Nigeria while going to Cameroon from places like Ghana, Benin Republic, Togo etc.
My bro once schooled in Ghana, so he has a Cameroonian friend the do pass the night with us to continue his journey the next day, the guy comes through Cross River to Lagos.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by foster212: 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
oluwaahmed:

The point is whats the correlation between seme-border and calabar border when routing to Cameroon? Calabar has a direct border crossing with Cameroon, just as seme is between Nigeria and benè republic. But I think what he means is that for importation to Cameroon from west African countries our land border must be used, from seme to calabar. Its just English problem.
Yes. Exactly, because of the perishable goods, and it is far distance. He clarified himself and it seems that guy is just trying to make a joke of him.
Re: Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration by Empredboy(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2019
nevilbot:

That's a very long way to travel for perishable goods to get to Cameroon and I don't see it as cost effective or sensible.
not all goods are perishable goods

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / It Has Been 60 Days And My Belgium Visa Isn't Out. Help! / Bike Rider Crushed To Death Along Benin-okene Road (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.