Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype (54393 Views)

Woman In Tears As She Reunites With Mentally Challenged Son Who Went Missing (vi / Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / Ghana: Family Reunites With 20-Year-Old Son Who Was Missing At Age 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Mizwisdom(f): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
Abali1:

The guy in this thread has siblings and an only son just like me....or am I missing something? Of course my sisters are my siblings.
Cheers.

Yes, you're missing something. The tweet says "this woman and her sisters are trying to get a 21 year old boy married BECAUSE HE IS SS'

Who is the woman and her sisters? my first thought was his mum and aunts, the reason is because he's SS. Perhaps you're better at analysing statements but my first thought was his mum and aunts doing the match making, where was it stated that he's the only son?
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by seanjy4konji: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
My friend is waxing on and just finished London Business School to his resume with two kids...

But i support the parent sha...

You think if i had money i no go don marry at age 18
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Bahddo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2019
Remimadrid:
I support the parents 100%. The guy can fall sick tomorrow and die, but this way he won't die in vain.
then the woman becomes a widow. The kind of self-centered humans in this world ehn.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by skukimania(f): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
shadeyinka:

Who are you protecting:
The Boy or the Girl : if Dangotes 18year old daughter choose to marry you, would you say "wait till I am 32years old?"!

If you had taken your time to read my comment slowly and understand before rushing to quote me, u wouldn't have asked those questions.
I didn't type in Spanish. Now, go back and read it very slowly undecided
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by skukimania(f): 3:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
Abali1:

I remember when I was being pressured to marry, immediately after my First degree. No job. Living in the family house. No money of my own.
I asked my mum then, if the intended lady were to be your daughter will you advice her to go into marriage with me? That kind of lessened the pressure.
Maybe I am lucky to have been able to stay alive and make my own choices. I am also grateful that I resisted their pressure then.

God bless you my brother.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Orpe7(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
So the wife should be a widow in a few years abi
Selfish mofo
Make him go knack born collect child na
Baby mama yakpa
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by olatunji390(m): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2019
IvyGRush:

Your SS Person needs not worry about his Status just because he wants to get married. Check my post on this same topic.

Knowledge they say is POWER.
We are always at your Service.

Great mind. I saw ur comments on the topic been discussed. Am familiar with those feelings
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by olatunji390(m): 3:26pm On Aug 22, 2019
Orpe7:
So the wife should be a widow in a few years abi
Selfish mofo
Make him go knack born collect child na
Baby mama yakpa

How are u sure the boy in question will die?
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Jackipapa: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
Nothing is impossible with God, miracle still dey shelleh!
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
kittykollinxx:
I think the parents are being selfish here.
If the boy dies what would be the fate of the young wife?
How long would the boy's wife depends on her in laws to sort her bills? (I guess the boy is not yet working)
Can they allow their daughter to marry an SS boy and let her be a widow at a tender age?
Finding another husband for the girl might be difficult considering the stigma our society attaches with "after one".
so if you discover your only son had ss, what would you do. Men with AA marry today and die tomorow, life is just up and down
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by deltateam: 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
freecocoa:
She’s just a baby making machine, no one cares, she can go to hell. cry

She won't be forced. She herself agreed.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Orpe7(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
olatunji390:

How are u sure the boy in question will die?

Why would the mother utter such statement in the first place.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by olatunji390(m): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
Orpe7:

Why would the mother utter such statement in the first place.

She craze ni. Bro, it's fear
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by abbey621(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
People get sentimental over everything! If most of us are practical like the mother, a lot of our problems would be solved easily. The parents made a mistake by bringing an SS into the world, the mother is trying to correct that mistake by making sure the son has a successor. Who knows? He might live to be 100 but in this life, nothing is guaranteed. The question you should be asking yourself is simple, if you had the means and the motivation to help your lineage continue to grow, WHY WON'T YOU?
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by shadeyinka(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
skukimania:

If you had taken your time to read my comment slowly and understand before rushing to quote me, u wouldn't have asked those questions.
I didn't type in Spanish. Now, go back and read it very slowly undecided

Your quote:
skukimania:

You will support the parent until the wife-to-be happens to be your sister or daughter. Whatever happens to surrogacy! They can find a surrogate mother to carry the pregnancy for him. After all, replacement is all they need.
They don't care about the life of the so-called wife, who will be very young too. That's selfishness!

My only assumption was I thought you were a male.
My question is why must it be through surrogacy?
The life of the so called girl could actually be better: Regina Daniels come to mind.

In such situations, the parents are usually well off and they protect their children until they can be independent.

A friend of mine was in the medical school. The girlfriend was in the university. Both of their parents were clergies and they didn't want fornication as part of the mix. They married off their children and provided accommodation, feeding, allowances until the son graduated as a medical doctor.
Have the parents done evil?

In one case, the parents were afraid of fornication. In the other case the parent were unsure of the future.

IMO, as long as the couple to be are not minors, let them be? And as long as the both parents would be responsible to their duties.
At 21 years old, you are already an ADULT and usually without empowerment

Don't forget that you don't live with the girls parents....they have the biggest stale in this.

Sorry I mistook you for a guy.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by skukimania(f): 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
shadeyinka:

Your quote:

My only assumption was I thought you were a male.
My question is why must it be through surrogacy?
The life of the so called girl could actually be better: Regina Daniels come to mind.

In such situations, the parents are usually well off and they protect their children until they can be independent.

A friend of mine was in the medical school. The girlfriend was in the university. Both of their parents were clergies and they didn't want fornication as part of the mix. They married off their children and provided accommodation, feeding, allowances until the son graduated as a medical doctor.
Have the parents done evil?

In one case, the parents were afraid of fornication. In the other case the parent were unsure of the future.

IMO, as long as the couple to be are not minors, let them be? And as long as the both parents would be responsible to their duties.
At 21 years old, you are already an ADULT and usually without empowerment

Don't forget that you don't live with the girls parents....they have the biggest stale in this.

Sorry I mistook you for a guy.

You seems to be arguing about the age. My issue is not about their age but pairing a girl with an SS because they ( including him) feel he will die soon not minding the fact that the girl will become a widow at a very young age, which was why I said the young girl. And i think it's selfish on their part because if the girl happens to be their daughter, I doubt they will give her out to an SS at that age.
So, I don't understand your argument.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by favour32(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2019
S.S genotype is marked often times for a short lifespan.
Therefore, they planned what they feel is good for them.
We cannot be against their decision as they committed no crime.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by shadeyinka(m): 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
skukimania:

You seems to be arguing about the age. My issue is not about their age but pairing a girl with an SS because they ( including him) feel he will die soon not minding the fact that the girl will become a widow at a very young age, which was why I said the young girl. And i think it's selfish on their part because if the girl happens to be their daughter, I doubt they will give her out to an SS at that age.
So, I don't understand your argument.
I get your point but I'll want to believe that non in question were forced or coerced to form a union.

An SS person can marry and have kids and even live very long. I know a couple with two children: the father is AA and the wife is SS. Their last son is in 300L now.

I also have a friend (God bless her soul), he died 5 weeks after her wedding ceremony.

As humans, we can only try, forecast, predict, plan and strategize but only God knows what is in store for us.

Should the parent of the SS boy care?
Of course!

Ladies marry soldiers going to war. Is it foolishness or human nature?
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:
I hope this really wife has no S.........

His parents feel responsible, hence trying to make amends (in their own ways) ..........
they feel responsible hence the need to wreck the life of another young girl
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2019
Sparkle777:
As long as the bride to be is aware and accepting.
any bride picked for him will obviously be below 22, uneducated (in most cases), from poor family. in my opinion, they will just be taken advantage of the girl's situation in the guise of helping her

1 Like

Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
Chuvin22:
people on twitter like forming saints and wokeness.. many dont have sense.
if the girl were to be your sister (nor lie o), I'm sure she will be sane age with the boy or younger, will you allow such arranged marriage for her? it's not even her decision (maybe she met the guy and fell in love with him and decide to marry him). my bro, only poverty will make any family agree to this kind if arranged marriage for their daughter
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
CeeJay9ja:

What about the poor intending widow?
my brother, the way some people think can be very funny. can't believe what I'm reading here
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Lexusgs430: 8:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ryan03:
they feel responsible hence the need to wreck the life of another young girl

Oga, I am not condoning their act...... But what say do we have...........
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 8:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Oga, I am not condoning their act...... But what say do we have...........
na true sha, we can only comment but I hope our comments will straighten the thinking of my fellow countrymen
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2019
ABCthings:
widows can always remarry.
oya donate your sister
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by DammyGbade(m): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
The fact remain that the lady may not be able to conceive due to the blood cell structure and the blood deficiency experienced by sickle cell patients. The blood cell in the sperm may not be so powerful to fertilize the ovum. Go and read more on sickle cell aneamia very well...
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 8:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
cenaman:
Does been a widow a death sentence?
can you give them your sister or daughter?
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2019
Chiefochiefo:
This is actually wrong! Consider the children without father, consider the woman that will suffer single parenthood.... undecided although he never die sha kiss he can still leave more than some healthy ones
yes he can, so they should stop pushing him into an early and loveless marriage. don't be surprised they didn't even ask the boy what he wants
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2019
ABCthings:
wickedness! you did not even pity your parents. Hope you're not the only child.
i think you are wicked one here, not just wicked, you are very selfish
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by Ryan03(f): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
osazsky:
if d parents are wealthy what is stopping them from doing a serrogate must they destroy d poor girls life,I know of someone who followed this same part in Benin and it didn't end well d guy died while walking till date no one else remarried d girl after 3 kids she was 24 when her husband died she is 46 now cant allow my daughter fall for this scam no matter how much
most of them in support of the parents action have not care for any ss patient before o.
Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by ILAB(f): 8:56pm On Aug 22, 2019
We live in a country wia you have small disorder and you are not regarded as a complete human being. Pathetic, Las Las everybody go die someday. uote author=marlow1962 post=81494945]Proper medicine is need.i know a man who is SS and he is 76 years old.if the guy can take care of himself he will live to marry,have kids and see he's kids grow.and please you guys should stop all this death thing.he did not create himself.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Parents Arrange Wife For Their 21-Year-Old Son Who Has SS Genotype by frozen70(f): 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2019
kittykollinxx:
I think the parents are being selfish here.
If the boy dies what would be the fate of the young wife?
How long would the boy's wife depends on her in laws to sort her bills? (I guess the boy is not yet working)
Can they allow their daughter to marry an SS boy and let her be a widow at a tender age?
Finding another husband for the girl might be difficult considering the stigma our society attaches with "after one".

Most times, the look for some girls in the village who is not so good but not stupid

Such girls do attempt secondary school and write waec for writing sake,

Her family can't even wait for a suitor to come for her

She no send anybody because she is not desperate about life or to make money

The good thing is that her husband family starts a trade for her and nurse her babies for her, all they need from her is being pregnant and delivering her child and after 6 months or one year she takes in again and again

Na her type dey born full house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! Have You Seen This Doctor? Pictured / My Grandmom Was Disowned For Marrying This Nigerian Man;English Man Reveals.PICS / Wallpaper At 3500 Per Roll (wholesale's Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.