Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,671 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client (753 Views)

Which Skills Must I Know Well To Be A Great Web Designer / Whats The Best Way To Add Images To A Site Witout Slowing Down When It Loads?? / 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client by SegZ24(m): 9:22am On Aug 22, 2019
As an amateur or newbie in web design, must I have a site running to show my hand work or how do you introduce yourself to a client and prove that you are good??

That's the mountain before me now, your advice will really count..
Re: Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client by polimaf(m): 9:36am On Aug 22, 2019
Yes.

There are so many free domain and hosting, just make use of them.
Re: Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client by SegZ24(m): 9:42am On Aug 22, 2019
polimaf:
Yes.

There are so many free domain and hosting, just make use of them.

Thank you for your advice I will Google that up.. Or do you have any you can recommend for me??
Re: Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
SegZ24:
As an amateur or newbie in web design, must I have a site running to show my hand work or how do you introduce yourself to a client and prove that you are good??

That's the mountain before me now, your advice will really count..

There is no way to show your competence without having your own website. Potential clients takes you serious when you brand yourself with a customized email, registered business and corporate account.

You actually need to get things right from basic.

To get a good client, work on your own brand.

Cheers..

1 Like

Re: Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client by polimaf(m): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
SegZ24:

Thank you for your advice I will Google that up.. Or do you have any you can recommend for me??
use 000webhost, free hosting etc. You can also check how to host on GitHub

1 Like

Re: Must I Have A Site Running As An Amateur Web Designer Before I Can Get A Client by SegZ24(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
Bitradepay:

There is no way to show your competence without having your own website. Potential clients takes you serious when you brand yourself with a customized email, registered business and corporate account.

You actually need to get things right from basic.

To get a good client, work on your own brand.

Cheers..

Thanks for the advice..

(1) (Reply)

How To Host Your Wordpress Webite For Free Using AWS / Is Webtakehost Legit? / SEO Experiment: How I Ranked 1 Day Old Website To Google Page 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.