Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

How & Why do siblings fall apart? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How & Why do siblings fall apart? (23847 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / Why Do Siblings Of Same Parents Drift Apart? / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Hamachi(f): 4:50am On May 07, 2023
sisisioge:
I think it's all in the upbringing. Parents who were partial to their children while raising them, those who encourage unhealthy competition and those who allow bullying. Their children end up feeling the need to keep up whatever they started with. The evil you plant will ripe some day....better watch it!
not true

2 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by bigdammyj: 10:52am On May 07, 2023
Reading...

1 Like

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Barristter07: 10:53am On May 07, 2023
A very good topic. Learning...

2 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by MrAgbako: 10:53am On May 07, 2023
The matter long. Different strokes for different folks. Don't judge anyone

2 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by bobbiiee: 10:53am On May 07, 2023
Varying factors are responsible.

1. When one is considered as favourite by parents. Its unlikely that such person will be loved.
2. At times it could be payback for what was done to a sibling.
3. Its sometimes caused by partners married by siblings.
4. Some are selfish and self-centered.
5. Spiritual factors.

6 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by ednut1(m): 10:53am On May 07, 2023
Life is not a fairy tale. Mind ya business . I was about to date someone that admitted she was jealous of her junior sister after she got into a relationship while she was single. Can’t relate, couldn’t care less. I just run leave am

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by hssd8nland: 10:55am On May 07, 2023
yazga:
I've been hearing frequent tales on this issue between siblings and its been making me wonder how it all starts.
I love my siblings to pieces and I'm sure they feel the same way towards me so I can't really imagine why anyone would hate theirs so much they do neither see nor talk.
Some even turn their lives into competitions with their brothers/sisters.
A friend once narrated to me how her immediate elder sister treated her while they were staying together and how the sister stylishly threw her out of the house for no real reason asides petty issues.now that she's even married and her elder sister is not,they are sworn enemies!
Two of my aunt (sisters) and at war now-for petty reasons!
One of my friends doesnt know ANYTHING about his brother and they don't ever call each other for no reason!
Why oh why! cry cry
Mostly it starts when one of the parents dies especially the Mom embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by DonroxyII: 10:57am On May 07, 2023
yazga:
I've been hearing frequent tales on this issue between siblings and its been making me wonder how it all starts.
I love my siblings to pieces and I'm sure they feel the same way towards me so I can't really imagine why anyone would hate theirs so much they do neither see nor talk.
A friend once narrated to me how her immediate elder sister treated her while they were staying together and how the sister stylishly threw her out of the house for no real reason asides petty issues.now that she's even married and her elder sister is not,they are sworn enemies!
One of my friends doesnt know ANYTHING about his brother and they don't ever call each other for no reason!
Why oh why! cry cry
Third Parties .... Once You started Marrying the Spouse becomes a Barrier ... Because You can't keep doing how you guys were doing without sprouting Jealousy from spouse of either party .
The real deal Is "Jealousy & Envy" ....

You would Never-Ever know who Envy You Until You Started becoming Successful Either as them or Much than them grin

Children, Once One's Children carry first, Pass Waec, Jamb, Enter University and the Other party couldn't or Lag Behind ... You see the real Being Call Human ....

We Human are Genetically Competitive, We Shall be Evolving Mass Collaborations(Not Mere Competition) Very Soon ... that's the Future!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by xevove2061: 10:58am On May 07, 2023
yazga:
Why oh why! cry cry

You will be shocked. Go and ask psquare. It can even happen to you wey talk say u and your siblings love eachother.

10 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Barristter07: 11:03am On May 07, 2023
Hamachi:
Hmn. I don't even know where to start. I believe siblings fall apart for a number of reasons. Envy is one of these reasons. We should all realize that though siblings come out of the birth canal of the same Mother, their destinies are different. The eldest child might not be the most successful child. In a family of 7 children, the 5th born might become richer than the other children due to reasons best known to God and hardwork. Sometimes, strife among siblings is caused by the Father or Mother who openly love one child than the others. The other children will notice this as they grow up and resentment and hate for the favored child sets in. Naturally, there will be competition among siblings but the behaviour of Parents also lead to disharmony among siblings later in life. So when the 4th born starts prospering than his senior brothers and sisters, strife sets in. I have also observed that wives and husbands of siblings also contribute to them falling apart. Women are naturally very competitive and they can wreck havoc on the love between two brothers. I know what I am saying because I have experienced this directly. The wife of an elder brother might not be too happy seeing her husband's junior brother doing well than him. So jealousy sets in and we all know what can happen.

In Europe and North America, there is little love between siblings because of the pressure to see who makes it big first. We have this absurd belief in Africa that the first born must do well than his junior siblings and that they must look up to him all the time. I have since thrown this belief into the dustbin and I've focused on my future with a view to doing well in life. Jay Jay Okocha's brother started playing football before him. Emmanuel Okocha played for the Super Eagles one or two times but Austin Okocha became a legend in the Nigerian National Team. It was even Emmanuel that took Austin Okocha to Germany. Jay Jay played for Clubs in Europe that his elder brother could only dream of. Yet they are still close to one another without any acrimony between them. Same obtains between Emmanuel and Celestine Babayaro. So I believe siblings should love one another and realize that our destinies are different because it is God that has the final answer as to what we will become in life. Cheers.

Brilliant

3 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Dricker: 11:04am On May 07, 2023
Most times once siblings get married...na dia problem dy burst..most times na wives dy cause am..bad advice and shii

9 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Image123(m): 11:04am On May 07, 2023
Relationships are nurtured. Even if the relationship is with God, it must be nurtured. It's not automatic.

6 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by youngzeal1: 11:04am On May 07, 2023
SMH.. I wish I can share my story but am believing God to heal my family..

14 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Barristter07: 11:06am On May 07, 2023
Foodqueen:
Growing up I never knew that there could be grudges among siblings that aren't staying together anymore.

But over the years, I understand that even the tiniest of things will cause them to fight.

Don't even forget spouse. Wife and husband could be manipulative too.

This spouse aspect is the most prevalent reason for problem, If the siblings are not careful.

6 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by phorget(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Barristter07: 11:07am On May 07, 2023
Rubyjade:
Let's start with the bible!
1. Most, if not all, of the cases recorded had to do with each or both parents taking sides (favouritism) with a particular child! E.g. Esau and Jacob, etc.

2. When one sibling is doing better than the other in any or all aspects, it breeds jealousy - a hydra headed vice to possess! E.g Cain and Abel, Joseph and his siblings, etc.

3. Other factors such as peer influence, intolerable bad character of sibling(s), etc...

Lemme stop here...

However, in my opinion, primarily, if I witness any case, I'd blame the parent/guardian first, before asking questions, cos they're expected to nib such buds early in life!

Interesting

1 Like

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Barristter07: 11:08am On May 07, 2023
Musty112:
This is always sad to see. Siblings fa. But then, never be the cause of family ties being severed. Try as much as possible to stitch it together, the lord will surely bless you for it

👍👍
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by occfx: 11:10am On May 07, 2023
yazga:
Why oh why! cry cry

Parental problems, parents are the root causes of disunity among siblings. They indirectly set double standards for there children and preferences. Consequently, the siblings starts competing with each other, measuring themselves by themselves and the result is fight

8 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by simplywhy(m): 11:11am On May 07, 2023
When I was younger, considering how separated my parents and their siblings were, I used to think that I and my siblings can never be like that. But now?? Ours might be worse

18 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by occfx: 11:12am On May 07, 2023
sisisioge:
I think it's all in the upbringing. Parents who were partial to their children while raising them, those who encourage unhealthy competition and those who allow bullying. Their children end up feeling the need to keep up whatever they started with. The evil you plant will ripe some day....better watch it!

Exactly

1 Like

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by engrsyer(m): 11:13am On May 07, 2023
Hamachi:
Hmn. I don't even know where to start. I believe siblings fall apart for a number of reasons. Envy is one of these reasons. We should all realize that though siblings come out of the birth canal of the same Mother, their destinies are different. The eldest child might not be the most successful child. In a family of 7 children, the 5th born might become richer than the other children due to reasons best known to God and hardwork. Sometimes, strife among siblings is caused by the Father or Mother who openly love one child than the others. The other children will notice this as they grow up and resentment and hate for the favored child sets in. Naturally, there will be competition among siblings but the behaviour of Parents also lead to disharmony among siblings later in life. So when the 4th born starts prospering than his senior brothers and sisters, strife sets in. I have also observed that wives and husbands of siblings also contribute to them falling apart. Women are naturally very competitive and they can wreck havoc on the love between two brothers. I know what I am saying because I have experienced this directly. The wife of an elder brother might not be too happy seeing her husband's junior brother doing well than him. So jealousy sets in and we all know what can happen.

In Europe and North America, there is little love between siblings because of the pressure to see who makes it big first. We have this absurd belief in Africa that the first born must do well than his junior siblings and that they must look up to him all the time. I have since thrown this belief into the dustbin and I've focused on my future with a view to doing well in life. Jay Jay Okocha's brother started playing football before him. Emmanuel Okocha played for the Super Eagles one or two times but Austin Okocha became a legend in the Nigerian National Team. It was even Emmanuel that took Austin Okocha to Germany. Jay Jay played for Clubs in Europe that his elder brother could only dream of. Yet they are still close to one another without any acrimony between them. Same obtains between Emmanuel and Celestine Babayaro. So I believe siblings should love one another and realize that our destinies are different because it is God that has the final answer as to what we will become in life. Cheers.

Sis, if you are a pastor eh, you would be a good pastor. You just narrated 90% of the problems in a home.

God bless you dear

10 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by shah345: 11:13am On May 07, 2023
very informative and helpfullhttps://apunkagames.cc/gta-4-highly-compressed/ .
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by UmuMuhsinah(f): 11:16am On May 07, 2023
It mostly started with favouritsm from the parents side

4 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2023
Some spouses drive siblings apart, as well, especially wives.

They drive their spouses to compete and also to not help siblings who are in need.

Parents, believe it or not, also cause deep acrimony between their children with favouritism and preferential treatment. At times, this may be perceived, because they may be richer when raising the younger children than when raising the older ones, thus the younger ones go to better schools.

Parents need to do a better job wiping out selfishness in their kids. They need to encourage sharing, giving and teamwork among them.

Sometimes, buying separate things for them like toys and utensils that they could easily share can be counterproductive. It is surprising the amount of envy and acrimony among adult siblings that can be traced from childhood.

Parents also need to stop praising one kid at the expense of the other (or others).

Associations in general (friends, gangs, etc) can also cause sibling hatred. If one kid is always getting in trouble because of bad friends, he/she may feel labelled as the "black sheep" of the family.

Stuff like that, sha, also including envy of success, spouse, etc.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by hadjipapiey(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2023
Too many many things better left than said!

The society has failed in its responsibility to harmonise their kiths and kins, unlike the olden days parents

Sighs

1 Like

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Nobody: 11:20am On May 07, 2023
May you not see the enmity of siblings, but remember that a man's enemies are they of his household.

12 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by SeriouslySense(m): 11:23am On May 07, 2023
Sometimes it is safer that way, to create distance and sometimes people come together for common goals.

Same with family members, sometimes its healthy to create distance.

I apply the principle of distance, when value is not increasing, such as the value of love, empathy, respect and sound thinking.

I don't like an atmosphere of competition, quarrels, jealousy and suspicions, these things do not add value to me, because i do not thrive on them. And sometimes its no ones fault, it better that way or more healthy, no one is perfect, not even myself.

While others thrive on these things, and it could be a motivator to stay close, so, if there should be close ties, then i better understand why so.

9 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by hansomb: 11:25am On May 07, 2023
Be open minded
Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by omowumi9: 11:25am On May 07, 2023
Siblings must have disagreement, rancour, misunderstanding etc.The ability to resolve it truthfully without taking sides is the main reason why siblings fall apart. Be bold enough to tell the truth to the one that erred. Do not be economical with the truth. Afterwards, siblings should create time for reunion and help one another. If you don't extend hands of love or fellowship to me or you don't respect me situation, I have no need for you. Most sibling don't believe in their brothers or sisters. They tend to believe more in their friends. They even take their friends more important. See, you don't take others more important than me and expect me to take you serious. The crux if

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by sterlingD(m): 11:27am On May 07, 2023
I have experienced it and l must say this it is unhealthy,nasty,deadly and dangerous. Parents should not throw a blind eye to it rather they should raise up immediately to squash it and kill it immediately they sense it or see it.

6 Likes

Re: How & Why do siblings fall apart? by Ykc2(m): 11:29am On May 07, 2023
Male siblings are always together untill they start marrying one delilah and jezebel after another then house hold will change ,

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons / Man Rants At Length Over Wife’s Decision To Serve Him Just Two Pieces Of Meat / Black Woman Discriminating Against Light Skinned Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.