Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,225 members, 7,780,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:08 PM

How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (91444 Views)

Journalist In Syria Explains Why He Still Washes Dishes After Marrying 3 Wives / American Woman Adopts Yoruba Name After Marrying Nigerian (photos) / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:07am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Moral of the story, never lose your job.
Olosho angry

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by wakkzy(m): 6:07am On Aug 25, 2019
in a crisis, be aware of the danger--but recognize the opportunity.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by wakkzy(m): 6:09am On Aug 25, 2019
ubunja:
I hear you. Those words "with money " can be confusing. I also had to explain myself one day. With money = through money or using money.

But reading OP's title one would think the lady HAD MONEY.
indeed a good lesson!
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by WhoBeThisMan: 6:13am On Aug 25, 2019
desvi:

you have made zero sense
it's obvious you are that kind of woman .

What do you mean by "tolerate a nabs joblessness" is it wrong for him to go through challenges?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by uuzba(m): 6:14am On Aug 25, 2019
olajizz01:
Lesson learnt, money was the only language ladies of nowadays heard.
No matter how much money you have, another man has more money

A useless lady is a useless lady. Pray to God, use your sense, know on time and run away from such useless ladies.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by alexvatt(m): 6:19am On Aug 25, 2019
BigJoe19:
grin Your brother can slways due her to court for kidnapping he s children, if I am your brother I would not be be depressed, he should consider her as a baby mama and not his wife, at least the butden of taking care of a wife is gone, what benefit does marriage give these days, the only reasonsble thing from marriage is children and availability of free sex.
Right now I have a baby mama and she has two children for me, she stays in my house, though we are not legally married, if she wants to leave she can leave but not with my children.
And how are you u sure they are ur children? Have u done DNA test?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by wellmax(m): 6:20am On Aug 25, 2019
Nigerians are very bad with English.

Somebody will tell me now that it's not our language.

Why don't you type and communicate in your mother's tongue.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by cedeki(m): 6:21am On Aug 25, 2019
Never beg a woman to Marry you because in most case you will live to regret your action

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Bleodon01(m): 6:22am On Aug 25, 2019
To much is given ,much more is expected. That is humans.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Chukazu: 6:22am On Aug 25, 2019
Abo123:
I purposely registered a new name because of this story so that many people especially potential husbands can learn from this. I'll like to narrate the story in details so I want you to follow me.

It all started in 2011 when my brother got a contract job in Abuja. Then he met this lady when he went to our home town during a leave but she told him immediately that she can't date him because she's short but he kept persuading her as usual.

As time goes on she started crying that she is unable to pay her 300k school fees because her father is dead and her mum is not buoyant enough to continue the payment and she may withdraw as a result of this. So he offered to sponsor her education from 200level till she graduated and she agreed to date and later married her in 2014.

To make the long story short, he later got her and her two siblings well paid federal government job through his office and later got her a car. Less I forget that their marriage produced two children (a boy and a girl) in five years.

Unfortunately for him his contract job was terminated three months ago and he decided to give her 200k so that they can manage it for four months for food stuff and house keep but she told him that the money has been exhausted after two weeks. This caused a little quarrel and she decided to leave the house with both children and went to spend the week in a hotel.

This spark an annoyance of my family members and we decided to send two of our elderly brothers to her mum in our home town but the woman started sparking that she didn't wanted to marry him in the first place because he's short but she was the one that persuaded her to marry him.

They later had another quarrel last month and the lady took the children to her mum in the home town through a flat without informing the husband and any of our family member. So we decided not to call her and a court letter was issued to him for request of termination of the marriage.

Now the marriage is terminated and my brother is seriously depressed.

I really learnt a lot of lesson from this.

Similar lesson ...

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by suremanpatriot: 6:25am On Aug 25, 2019
Unfortunately you have learnt the hard way of falling prey to an evil conscience.
Life is beautiful,go on self refresher retreat,pray your way out to find the right partner , pick up your life and move on,because life goes on.

...The world is made of two kinds of people,
ONE WITH A GOOD CONSCIENCE AND THE OTHER WITH AN EVIL CONSCIENCE...
A good conscience is appealing to God no matter the condition it remains steadfast and endures all odd.
But an evil conscience is a heart seared with evil no matter how you show an evil conscience love he or she will always fail you,except they are spiritually delivered. sad

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Ejiod(m): 6:25am On Aug 25, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Such disrespect and insult. She never loved him, she married him out of pity and for poverty alleviation. She needed the marriage more than she needs him.

My heart goes out to your brother. The loyalty and submissiveness of a broke woman can never be trusted, except when tested with money.

This is one of the reason I encourage marriage among same social class. Not like it is always perfect, but I prefer that to commensalism.
You just spoke my mind.....
Na comment I de like read but you just nailed it. With deep experience especially with what is happening in Nigeria it's better to marry your own social class. Just imagine training and helping people and you haven't trained or helped yourself. These days marriage goes beyond feelings or attractions.Marriage is all about building each other... who feelings help.
To me marriage na private partnership company. Na 50:50 the way oyibos they do am....

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Wallade(m): 6:26am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:

So, you have never lost your job.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by luvyaself95(m): 6:29am On Aug 25, 2019
DateMynd44:
things like this makes me believe when luvyaself95 keep telling me not to invest on a lady cos they're so ungrateful
I didn't say you shouldn't help her what am trying to say is think it very well before you do it...
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by sisisioge: 6:30am On Aug 25, 2019
Hmmm....I don't really blame your brother for he fell in love. We all know that love in it's truest is devoid of common sense, hence the reason he kept following a girl that apparently wanted him for money alone.

As for the girl, marrying him for financial gains is not strange. Of all the marriages that happen in naija, most women marry their partners for financial support... someone to take up the rent, feeding, their bills, family support, etc. Look around, men are still the major providers even with the advent of feminism. So, madam didn't entirely act abnormally at the beginning...she was just an unfair person at the end. And her mother...indeed, a fruit does not fall far from its tree!

4 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Wallade(m): 6:31am On Aug 25, 2019
wellmax:
Nigerians are very bad with English.

Somebody will tell me now that it's not our language.

Why don't you type and communicate in your mother's tongue.

I assume you are not Nigerian. I see a lot of good English written by Nigerians so I would rather you don't generalise your statement.

3 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ojonugway(m): 6:31am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:

You no get sense aswear... So of all the things here na wetin you see to learn be this?
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by islandmoon: 6:33am On Aug 25, 2019
he probably lost his Yahoo Yahoo job huh? tell us the true story, no court will approved divorce in two weeks if the man is not an illegal man
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by kingkuntaval: 6:33am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

[b]Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, [/b]he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.

WTF are you even saying, what makes you assume that his brother had no investments under his belt, you think investments are fool proof and a surefire path to financial sufficiency, a single policy change or even minute shift in geopolitics can send billions of naira worth of investments crumbling in a short time.
Sometimes y'all just come online and spew trash to sound chic, trendy or socially correct. How large is your own personal investment portfolio? Guess what, that mentality ain't flying in 2019. I only blame the brother for being too desperate and marrying a gold digger. Meek Mill aptly put " a hoe will be a hoe, so there's no use for any advice ".

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Wallade(m): 6:38am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Blame your brother. I thought most of you go by the mantra "Make money and you'll marry any woman of your choice?" the moral lesson in your story is that a lady could love your money and not love you. That was exactly what played out and crashed their marriage.

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.

You and a number of ladies responded to this story like inexperienced adults or babies.

Have you not seen people that invest and lost their investment. Don't you know some people can't even be entrepreneurs.

You must understand that challenges are part of of life. As you grow older, you will realize that we can never really avoid challenges, we simply have to face them and manage. That is life.

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by ubanigrant15: 6:38am On Aug 25, 2019
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by affinity77(m): 6:39am On Aug 25, 2019
I'm sorry for your brother.....let him try and put himself together. The deed has been done already.
For more info about fohow international, check my signature below.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by mondayaudu(m): 6:41am On Aug 25, 2019
Your brother made a mistake and he is making that same mistake again.
1. His very low self esteem pushed him into this marriage. There is nothing wrong with been short what is wrong is his inability to believe that he is wonderfully and carefully made! The moment that bitch told him he is short, he was soppose to let her go but he keep begging and begging because he want to be boasting that his wife is beautiful. See the result!
2. Your brother is empty inside. I am very sure he has not read any personal development book in in the last five years? He had that kind of opportunity but he spent all his money? No single investment? He fails to know that even the so call permanent job are not permanent? Let alone a temporary job. Some women hate vision less man. He gat no vision!
3. My one cent to him.
Let him leverage on his social capital for now and forget about that girl. If he could use his influence to get federal job for 2 people, that is the only positive I see in him. He could leverage on his contact for now. He will be fine last last.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Wallade(m): 6:41am On Aug 25, 2019
Thermodynamics:
That's what they do.
Nigerian women, selfish people.

All Nigerian women are not selfish. Stop generalising.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Wallade(m): 6:42am On Aug 25, 2019
zeb04:

“Your family sent a letter by court asking for divorce “ is the problem here. After 2 quarrels?okay oh.

Who is depressed now, abi are you guys sharing in the depression abi it is only to issue letter y’all know.

Shut up and pass if you have no sensible contribution.
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Rubbiish(m): 6:43am On Aug 25, 2019
greggng:

Do women say no when you have money? Not women of this days
Are u truly a lady?
Thought u are a man
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Omega30(m): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:
Tai, kip kwayet. Moral of the story: Never buy love.
Always listen to the first excuse a girl gives.
When it comes to marriage, never convince, coerce or force her to marry you cos you will never enjoy it.
It is better to marry later but right than marry early but wrong.

Selah!!

1 Like

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by JoseRaji(m): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

Secondly, his inability to invest. If he had invested part of his salary, he won't have had reasons to fight over 200k 'cause I am sure he was giving her more than that of which she never accounted for. She realized he wasn't doing so well, so her reason for the disrespect.

You point out two shortcomings of the woman. And the OP's brother is still to blame? Na wa o!
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by pretteemee(f): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2019
sorry about that bro.... life continues
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Xpress24(m): 6:46am On Aug 25, 2019
successmatters:

cheesycheesy una no go kill person
Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by santakris(m): 6:50am On Aug 25, 2019
stag:
Is the only problem here losing his job, money?

- No stories of infidelity on her part?
- Had there been relative peace since the marriage?
- Can we then say that, apart from her love of money, she was a good wife?

But bro, how can your brother be in a contract job and he fixed two of his in-laws in ‘well-paying’ Federal Government jobs with job security while he worked in a place without job security?

As in en. d matter taya me. Too many questions to ask. I guess this story is not complete. No comments sha until I hear the other side of the story.

2 Likes

Re: How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 25, 2019
Your brother should go and do thanksgiving, he just dodged a bullet.
Could have been if the woman decided to stay back and torment his life psychologically.

He for die from HBP and start drinking and smoking.

He got out the easy way. He should thank God. And move on with his life, though it's easier said than done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / What The Law Says About Next-of-kin In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.