Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? (2200 Views)

Daily Independent Newspaper Online, I Hail Thee! / To Whom It May Concern: Daily Independent Newspaper Online Needs Fixing / Daily Independent Newspaper Online Search Module Not Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by yawatide(f): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2010
It has been down for at least 2 months. They can't afford to pay their hosting bill? If you know, or know anyone who knows, please do share. I have been visiting that site since 2007 and even because of the quality of its news and even though it is down, I still visit the URL daily peradventure the site happens to return:

http://www.independentngonline.com/
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 23, 2010
so you dont know it belongs to ibori,he is about to be tried in U:k
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by yawatide(f): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2010
Didn't know that but what does that have to do with Ibori or anyone else for that matter? I would assume that it is a self-generating venture with respect to income, unless you are saying that the whole operation was just an avenue for money laundering. If this is the case, too bad, so sad. It was a good online news source for me.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2010
You sound as if you are not informed about Nigeria,ones the govt in power wants you all your businesses will suffer,abiola suffered the same with abiola bookshop,bakery,concord,summit oil,farms etc
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Slyr0x: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2010
Registrant:
Daily Indpendent Newspaper
Block 5 Plot 7D
Ogba, Ikeja
Lagos, Lagos 11001
NG
234 8033482218

Domain Name: INDEPENDENTNGONLINE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Onwujekwe, Julius E
Block 5 Plot 7D
Ogba, Ikeja
Lagos, Lagos 11001
NG

Technical Contact:
Daramola, Kunle
<<censored on request by admin>>
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by yawatide(f): 12:02am On Oct 24, 2010
You sound as if you are not informed about Nigeria,ones the govt in power wants you all your businesses will suffer,abiola suffered the same with abiola bookshop,bakery,concord,summit oil,farms etc

If this is the case, this is bad. If the companies are incorporated, they are (or at least should be) separate entities which means that they should survive with or without the owners.

Oh well, who am i kidding? naija is a unique environment where not even the most basic of natural laws are obeyed.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Osama10(m): 2:59am On Oct 24, 2010
Yeah, its been down for a while now.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 24, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

If this is the case, this is bad. If the companies are incorporated, they are (or at least should be) separate entities which means that they should survive with or without the owners.

Oh well, who am i kidding? naija is a unique environment where not even the most basic of natural laws are obeyed.
All those ones na g-i-r-a-m-a-r for naija
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by DualCore1: 10:14am On Oct 24, 2010
You people shld leave my country alone for me o! We know wetin we dey do.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by utimatedes(m): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2010
I don't the site is down because Ibori is being tried.

They are still selling the Newspaper
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by yawatide(f): 10:57pm On Oct 24, 2010
So if the physical paper is being sold, then the previously given "theory" of "site is down because Ibori is in jail" gets shot down instantly.

I think something else is amiss, as in, someone has dropped the ball with respect to their domain of responsibility and figures that since Ibori is no longer in the picture for now, they can get away with it, forgetting the potential revenue lost via ads in the process.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Mobinga: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

So if the physical paper is being sold, then the previously given "theory" of "site is down because Ibori is in jail" gets shot down instantly.

I think something else is amiss, as in, someone has dropped the ball with respect to their domain of responsibility and figures that since Ibori is no longer in the picture for now, they can get away with it, forgetting the potential revenue lost via ads in the process.
+1 This post just reminded me of how much I love pounded yam
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Emperoh(m): 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2010
That site is no longer functioning
U can only read daily independent online at www.inlng.com
That where they are at now!!
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Mobinga: 12:39am On Oct 26, 2010
Emperoh:

Cool. Now Thread Locked
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by shadrach77: 12:56am On Oct 26, 2010
Emperoh:

thanx! grin grin
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Godwin7(m): 9:42am On Oct 26, 2010
There is no need to fret about the web address of independent newspaper. They are now using -www.inlng.com.So lets go there.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by yawatide(f): 9:45am On Oct 26, 2010
@Emperoh - thanks for the new url. I am wondering why they didn't do a redirect from the old to the new. The nation newspaper online did this early this year or late last year and it resulted in me not going there for at least 6 months. Same has happened here.

Thanks once again. They have a good online presence and I believe in rewarding excellence.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Sharonf(f): 12:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
olas2u:

so you dont know it belongs to ibori,he is about to be tried in U:k

olas2u:

yawa-ti-de:

A website was inaccessible, some came here to connect Ibori, talk about company law and ownership! shocked
grin grin cheesy
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
They are owing workers ,na the same thing.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by Abuse: 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2010
IBORI is owing them. He is their commander in chief from Dubai.
Re: Any One Know Why Independent Newspaper Online Is Down? by yawatide(f): 1:25pm On Oct 30, 2010
As at the time of this writing, http://www.independentngonline.com/ is back up again.

Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Phpbrowserbox - Standalone Windows Browser That Displays Output From PHP 5.4.16 / How To Upload Files For Download In Blogger Blog / 30 Free Directory Submission Sites With High PR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.