Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,028 members, 7,803,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

“Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud (66899 Views)

FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke / Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Lumig: 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
A nation of criminals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Amah70: 5:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Jay5mie:
Thought as much...never trust an Igbo man...even your own blood igbo brother

Only a non initiated Igbo can fall prey to these silly campaigns of calumny against the Igbos.

They are rather strengthening the Igbo case to abandon you in the shiiithole country - Nigeria for Biafra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
For those who blame Mr. Okeke for snitching on his crooked co-conspirators, I say, "Tough luck." What these criminals need to understand is that there's no honor amongst thieves. It's a doggy eat dog world out there. A criminal would do whatever it takes to save his skin especially if he's facing a lot of years behind bars. That's how the American Justice system works... you pit the crooks against each other and who ever gives you the most salient information on the inner workings of the criminal network that helps to dismantle the organization, gets the best deal. You can call it "snitch," you can call it "cooperation" but that's exactly how the system works. As an officer of the court, I could not have successfully prosecuted some of my cases but for getting cooperation from at least one of the criminal suspects. The New York mafia was taken down by Giuliani when he was United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York using Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act [RICO] by applying similar tactics in the 1980's. So, Mr. Okeke was within his rights to do what he did -if he actually was the person who snitched on the 80 other members of his criminal gang.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Emilokoiyawon: 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2019
paulharry:
Invictus was arrested in August

The warrant to arrest those suspects was issued in June

Invictus couldn't have been the snitch. The investigations had been on for years

It is possible Invictus was cooperating before he was officially 'arrested.' Because if his original arrest was made public, his accomplices could escape the US before they are caught.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Mizwisdom(f): 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
Why from the East, almost all are from the East, why why why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
tot:

Oh gosh, such a funny comment cheesy grin Abeg ooo, devil will not be in charge.

All the atrocities that has been happening in Nigeria for decades despite the multiplication of religious business centers with all manner of prayers with no respite from God in sight is an indication that God has left the country a long time ago and the devil moved in since it is an abandoned property.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Sterope(f): 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
No be online transactions and internet messages. You don't need much snitching when you communicate

The list is not for one fraud transaction or one group.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by azikiweironsi(m): 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
[s][/s]

Who told you they are Nigerians? Can't you browse through the names attached?

grin grin You mind him. He cannot blame this on PMB again.
Ndi ara

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by JeffreyLiaison(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
All those fuckers saying ibo, una no get sense.
All tribes has some black sheeps, like the one ruling out country.
You cannot remember those in government have embezzled money that if brought back, this nation would be great again.
You are just using this news to cover up what your tribe does in this country.
I am ashamed it is majorly ibo people, but then they are nigerians.
If you are looking for visa, they won't ask you if you an ibo or Yoruba or hausa man, All they would ask is Are You A NIGERIAN?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by TheDestroyer: 5:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Brugo:
Shinedu, shidebere

Na wa o. Na so so biafrans full dis list.

Deveropers at work. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
Jay5mie:
Thought as much...never trust an Igbo man...even your own blood igbo brother

Fake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by captianfreeman(m): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
This list is not fair undecided the fraud was executed without recourse to Federal character. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
festacman:
FBI doesn't need invictusobi so snitch much. His 'business' email accounts are goldmine of information accumulated over the years. Just a little dig would reveal a lot.

As an Igbo man, I must acknowledge that I am thoroughly ashamed and scandalized after seeing those names on FBI list.

Lately, the concept of EGO MBUTE crept into Igbo society, took its roots and the consequences are showing. Unfortunately, it is celebrated rather than condemned.

I am afraid about the future Image of Igbo as a people. Till today people of Southern region of Italy still carry the stigma of mafia activities and that limits people's willingness to do business with them. In Nigeria, stigma follows Fulani people because of the activities of herdsmen. As a people who survive on commerce and entrepreneurship, the future may be tough in finding partners in United States, Europe and even in Asia because of the stigma these scams will throw up.

The future won't be tough for IGBOS who do business in any part of the world.

For every IGBO man who commuted a crime, they are 500 IGBOS doing clean businesses around the globe so it's no big deal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Flatinooooooooooooooss!!! sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by LANDLORD72: 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:
See Fulani Herdsmen spoiling the image of Nigeria. angry angry
No more USA visa for any igbo origin only Israeli we grant them visa all this money realise from fraud was use to sponsor ipob kanu activity

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by stanluiz(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
franklingud:
When it comes to your money, fear igbos.
When it comes to your life, fear fulani herdsmen.

Choose wisely.
when it comes to skull, fear Yoruba cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by dochenaj: 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
post=81536684:
Hmmmmmm, this makes sense!
What's your impression?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Kyllahmc(m): 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
bluefilm:
And so?

So make only the nigga go jail make the rest continue to enjoy the loot?

Mba nu.

All man suppose bear the heat.

Simple.
You have no single street blood in you... He was supposed to bravely go down alone. That's how the street works... A lot of people have been murdered inside prison or lost their love ones too for snitching on their street crew.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by kiddkash(m): 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
Zuorom:
The guy likely struck a deal to snitch on his colleagues and get a lighter punishment for his crimes
my thoughts exactly. what a snitch

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by jneutron4000: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2019
Igbo man, very terrible full of hate, envy and jealousy. Never I repeat never trust an Igbo man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Nezero(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
Brugo:
Shinedu, shidebere

Na wa o. Na so so biafrans full dis list.

Deveropers at work. grin

Lol. I rove you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by paulharry: 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
Quite unlikely. If you read the warrant used to arrest Invictus, he was about leaving the US after his visit hence the urgency of the warrant to arrest him before he leaves where it will hard to track him down. author=Emilokoiyawon post=81537509]

It is possible Invictus was cooperating before he was officially 'arrested.' Because if his original arrest was made public, his accomplices could escape the US before they are caught.[/quote]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by bluefilm: 6:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
Kyllahmc:
You have no single street blood in you... He was supposed to bravely go down alone. That's how the street works... A lot of people have been murdered inside prison or lost their love ones too for snitching on their street crew.

Guy forget that thing abeg!

_Fuck street blood.

Who street blood epp?

Just pray make me and you no go run scam tomorrow and dem con cash only me.

Guy, the way wey I go take sing eh, you go think say Celine Dion na learner, I dey tell you. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by franchasng: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
festacman:
FBI doesn't need invictusobi so snitch much. His 'business' email accounts are goldmine of information accumulated over the years. Just a little dig would reveal a lot.

As an Igbo man, I must acknowledge that I am thoroughly ashamed and scandalized after seeing those names on FBI list.

Lately, the concept of EGO MBUTE crept into Igbo society, took its roots and the consequences are showing. Unfortunately, it is celebrated rather than condemned.

I am afraid about the future Image of Igbo as a people. Till today people of Southern region of Italy still carry the stigma of mafia activities and that limits people's willingness to do business with them. In Nigeria, stigma follows Fulani people because of the activities of herdsmen. As a people who survive on commerce and entrepreneurship, the future may be tough in finding partners in United States, Europe and even in Asia because of the stigma these scams will throw up.

True, and reason I and few others have taken it upon ourselves to write President Trump, FBI Chief and Department of Homeland Security to please give these unscrupulous Igbo guys a long life sentence starting from 60yrs above so they won't be free till old age catches up with them.

US and Europe are encouraging financial crimes and even drug trafficking. they should make internet and wire frauds a life sentence offence no matter how little the money involved, and capital punishment for drug traffickers.

Nigerians really need to learn to work with their brains and be patient to make it financially.

I am deeply saddened by this honestly angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by vale20: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
yes Ibossss give Nigeria bad name oya allow them to gooooo. in fact they Nigerians are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Lifewithme: 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:

They are Nigerians , they are not Biafrans ..No Biafran will get involved in Fraud !!!!!

Fraud is involved, they are Nigerians now grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by stchinedu: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
360degreess:
..But Why is the head always flat when it comes to the tarnishing of image of our great country? ehh!!!...

I am Igbo but you got me laughing loud on your comment... You dey craze o cheesy

Anyway, you are right...I was ashamed reading the names. Sad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by justifyme(m): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
FarahAideed:
Stupid Nigerians can't see we are losing billion of dollars in legitimate opportunities because of these Yahoo men that want to steal just 50 million dollars...Oh Black man when will you ever see the big picture
is it the billions that will go into d pocket of selected individuals!! I'm not supporting them,they did d crime,and enjoyed the proceeds,so its time for them to do d time, but still better than shedding blood!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by aribs(m): 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2019
festacman:

Investigations started three years before the arrest ad indictment so i doubt if the invictus fellow did make any difference here. The resources of the justice department are enormous. This is just one FBI field office running this and coordinating with international agencies. As for nigeria, till we acknowledge we are what we have become, a nation where fraud is celebrated, a nation of contradictions- exporting religion and crime side by side, nothing will change.... my only regret is for those who will get tarred with this brush of fraud even though they dont participate or benefit from it. Something is wrong with our society. How did we get here?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by Commentor: 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2019
Kyllahmc:

You can murder him if you like.

Nonsense.
Re: “Invictus Obi Is A Snitch” - Nigerians React As FBI Names 80 Nigerians In Fraud by supereagle(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2019
*WE ALL LOST*

*The FBI has arrested 28-year-old Nigerian Businessman, Obinwanne Okeke, the CEO of Invictus Group for a $11 million wire fraud, which was executed by hacking into a steel company's CEO's Office365 account. He was in the 2016 Forbes Africa 30 Under 30.*

*The Invictus Obi's saga is disheartening not because another Nigeria yet again has been busted for fraud, it's disheartening because the rippling effect will be enormous.*

*A lot of Nigerians are going to pay for yet another scandal by a single Nigerian.*

*Thing is,Obinwanne was not just another average Nigerian, he had a CV and portfolio that was envied on even by the International Community.*

*He was looked upon as one of the bright spots to come out of this dark hellish place called Nigeria.*

*Obinwanne Okeke (Invictus) was one of the supposed few answers to the damning question of can anything good come out of Nigeria?*

*Featured by Forbes as one of the Forbes 30 under 30.*

*He's been on BBC, given a Ted Talk, Spoken at London School of Economics Africa Summit.*

*Has a conglomerate spanning across many African countries dealing on oil, agriculture, infrastructure, solar energy etc. Had a lot of International Awards celebrating his achievements.*

*With this sort of portfolio and at 32yrs, he was seen as this bright spark coming from a country that has more trends for despicable things than amiable ones.*

*Only to find out that beneath all this facade was a fraudster. A serial one.*

*An international corporate yahoo boy with suits and a great CV to match. Estimated to have stolen $20-$22million from US companies from 2011 till date.*

*There was always that gaping hole in his story about his start up capital that gave an itch of not adding up. But then we gave the benefit of the doubt as we usually do even to our own collective detriment in a bid not to come across as a hater.*

*He fooled a lot of people and that for a long time. Make no mistake about it, he's going to pay for his crimes. But he isn't my concern.*

*You can't help but feel for other innocent Nigerians that are going to pay for the crimes of Obinwanne too.*

*Obinwanne would be in his prison scrub for a long time serving his time.*

*While other Nigerians out there will be getting Visas denied even after meeting and surpassing all the requirements.*

*Other Nigerians would have to work twice as hard to earn a modicum of trust and respect within the International Community.*

*International organizations are going to pull out of deals the moment they become aware a Nigerian is part of the deal.*

*International airports will be a lot more hostile than they already are the moment they see you with that almost worthless green passport.*

*More companies will start declining cards coming from this part of the world.*

*Nobody wins here, not you, not me.*

*Imagine one of the few people who had earned the trust and admiration of the Unternational Community being busted for fraud. What is your fate being an average "John Doe" or 'Jane Doe'?*

*While Obinwanne is going to pay for his crimes inside the walls of a correctional facility,*

*You are going to pay for his crimes in embassy halls, airports, business meetings, immigration offices etc.*

*It will be no fault of yours, you would probably have all the requirements but still would be treated as an infidel.*

*When one of your supposed brightest minds has been busted as a fraud.*

*What are your chances?*

*Nobody won here.*

*We all lost!*

#CPD

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide By Drinking Sniper Because Of A His Girlfriend ;graphics / Coffins Bearing The Dead Bodies Of Indonesian Drug Convicts Get Buried (photos) / Abuja Babe Drags Man To Court For Refusing To Pay After Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.