Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,734 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? (34387 Views)

Which Mobile Network Provider Currently Offers More Data Vol At A Cheaper Price? / Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Terms Of Cost & Reliability? / Glo Data Network Not Switching On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Realboygenius(m): 7:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
Here in Ikorodu
It's Airtel Network
They have the best 4G LTE network coverage around here.

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Talk2ken(m): 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
This question keeps pooping up now and then, All the network providers are the same it's a function of your phone distance from the mask and quality of service as at the time
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Realboygenius(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mrhonesty:
Mtn is very poor in Benin.
Have you tried Airtel ?
They I feel they have the widest 4G LTE network in Nigeria coupled with an amazing Binge data plan..
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Techm8: 7:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nothing beats Airtel tbh
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by selfdefence: 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

So what you are saying is.. Someone should get GLO, MTN, AIRTEL subscription in place if he/she really want to access the internet?? shocked
yes, depending on your location or better still just look for one that has the most coverage in the places you are
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Maj196(m): 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2019
None angry
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Jaypalmz: 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
Airtel all the way
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by SouthSouth1914: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
selfdefence:
yes, depending on your location or better still just look for one that has the most coverage in the places you are

What if you are the traveling type?
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by poweredcom(m): 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
Airtel is d fastest

Glo 4g de fast but depend on location and am tired of it in my area

MTN de fast also and 9mobile also but none fast reach Airtel I swear
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by sunday478(m): 7:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
MizyB:

The double data package for airtel is currently on. Dial *141#, select myoffer.
I just checked, it's the same. If the are given bonus they would say it, but nothing to that effect. thanks anyway.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Quelme: 7:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
sunday478:
based on personal experience now, I go for MTN. since Airtel stopped their double data. the now give meager 1.5 for 1k. and can barely power my major app (5rr). MTN does data and I am managing their 2gb for 1.2k. glo sucks. I have not tr
Depends on your plan. I do the 1.5k for 3.5gb
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Quelme: 7:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
AIRTEL and the others!!!
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by PETUK(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
starbuck:
None oooo

I regret the day I bought Smile undecided undecided
You are not smiling i guess
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by topsamjo(m): 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
funny enough, we had a discussion on this same topic today.. MTN is way better than all other networks. I will rate AIRTEL as second on the list, 9Mobile 3rd and our Sister GLORIA as the poorest.

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by bewla(m): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2019
Adegokenath:
MTN 4G IS THE BUMB LIVE AND DIRECT FROM OFFA KWARA STATE
ta have u try 9mobile u throw away that M what expensive and show up line where in offa
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by lillan042(f): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Mtn 5gb..2500

Mtn 2gb...1000

Kcemma..com

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by gr8gem(f): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
900warriorz:
grin thank you for giving me this opportunity..
1. Econet wireless
2. Zain
3. Airtel grin

You skip Vmobile and celtel which is suppose to be before zain

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by windhunter(m): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2019
They are all the same. No one is reliable.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by bravesoul247(m): 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
It's definitely Airtel. There Binge Plan sef issa banger!

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:21pm On Aug 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

So what you are saying is.. Someone should get GLO, MTN, AIRTEL subscription in place if he/she really want to access the internet?? shocked

Yes, 9mobile is not yet in some states in the East and Middle belt. So, if you use 9mobile only, you will be stranded in those places.
I have experienced it before, all messages sent for days dropped immediately I left the town.
Once in a while, the network providers use to have problems, so you can shift to another network.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Ijawwomaninoyo: 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2019
winterfell007:

Me too I tire for the analysis. Very simple question: ' Which is the best network for internet services' na him my guy begin to dey rap grammar.

The question was answered correctly. Some states and towns are yet to have 9mobile, so you can't use 9mobile in those towns.
The network is good at some places and poor at some places.
So he is trying to say the place where you are will determine or dictate the best network for you. Not all networks work or are good in some areas.

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by fredie107(m): 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
martineverest:
I'm not happy saying this....MTN is far above others

glo is useless

Ur opinion....

Good network is based on location. GLO rocks, Airtel rocks, 9mobile Rocks and MTN rocks too.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Gazzy88(m): 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2019
Airtel 4g is 5g in disguise. Please you need to try it to see. I stream YouTube without buffering at all here in Abẹ́òkúta.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Sheuns(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Depends on location. In my area in Surulere all networks are good. Though I’ve never used mtn and glo on 4G but their 3G are quite fast but u cannot always count on Glo. Airtel does well both on 3G and 4G that’s what I switched to. But while I was in Katsina a local government called Zango (zango town), omo the glo network there na fire. That’s the fastest speed I’ve seen on any network and na just 3G o, it’s blazing fast.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by omaigala12(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
dangermouse:
A good thread,but then locations comes into play when talking about speed.

I use glo services and have come to notice that on the island, its services are superb compared to some areas in lagos.
To enjoy glo services you have to upgrade your sim to 4glte and have a 4glte enabled phone.

I rate glo the best for now in terms of affordable data, browsing speed and crazy bonuses.

Buy a glo 4glte sim and enjoy. ..
did u say GLO?

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Meedu(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2019
Sheuns:
Depends on location. In my area in Surulere all networks are good. Though I’ve never used mtn and glo on 4G but their 3G are quite fast but u cannot always count on Glo. Airtel does well both on 3G and 4G that’s what I switched to. But while I was in Katsina a local government called Zango (zango town), omo the glo network there na fire. That’s the fastest speed I’ve seen on any network and na just 3G o, it’s blazing fast.

Sure you are the only one in that LG accessing the network resources, hence the speed. I have experienced this in recent days, the less populated a town is the better the connection. 3G in such places can be more efficient than 4G in densely populated cities.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by Kunlexity(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
It has to do with location....
But virtually where I I have been, MTN is network is available in those locations. In other words, I personally give it to MTN.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by NNature(m): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Airtel since a million a years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by sharone21(f): 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
If one is in Lagos, Port Harcourt or Abuja use Ntel, it is 7-13mbps. Mtn is everywhere and Airtel is trying but steals a lot. Always use a mifi and 4g sims are faster.
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by godisablack(m): 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
dangermouse:
A good thread,but then locations comes into play when talking about speed.

I use glo services and have come to notice that on the island, its services are superb compared to some areas in lagos.
To enjoy glo services you have to upgrade your sim to 4glte and have a 4glte enabled phone.

I rate glo the best for now in terms of affordable data, browsing speed and crazy bonuses.

Buy a glo 4glte sim and enjoy. ..

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS COMMENT. I WILL RATE 5 STAR EVERY DAY. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME THEY WILL GET THEIR NETWORK STABILITY TO TOP NOTCH. MY LOCATION IS 100% GLO SUPPORTED. IT RAINED HEAVILY SINCE MORNING TODAY. I WAS SURPRISED HOW MY NETWORK IS STILL STEADY UPON THE WEATHER. I HAD TO SCREEN GRAB MY SCREEN OUT OF JOY. DOWNLOAD 100MB IN SECONDS.

P. S: I USE GLO 4GLTE, SUB ₦2500 ONCE A MONTH. (AND ASLO POSTING THIS WITH A GLO NETWORK)

1 Like

Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by johnisaola(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
In my area airtel is the best
Re: Which Mobile Data Network Is Fastest And Reliable? by officialfestus(m): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
Airtel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TECNO Camon 12 Air Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / How To Stop Unsolicited Messages From Mtn,airtel,glo, Others / How To Recover Deleted Photos On Iphone And Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.