Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,459 members, 7,770,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:35 AM

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo (152309 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:20am On Aug 23, 2019
Hi everyone,
From the writer of Anike, Broken Hedge, Pastorzoned.....Here comes another beautiful story- TOLERATED.
Enjoy the ride.

Copyright ⓒ ToyinTaiwo, 2018
This work is copyright. All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in no part maybe reproduced, copied, scanned, stored in a retrieval system, recorded or transmitted, in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of the
publisher.
Email: toyinfst2@yahoo.com
Facebook: @toyinfst
Instagram: @toyinfst
Blog: taiwotoyin.
You can also join our face book group:
https://www./370114497103721/

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:22am On Aug 23, 2019
CHAPTER 1 Tamilore entered into the exquisite restaurant and looked around for her date. Philip sighted her immediately she walked in and signaled to her. She saw his signal and started towards him with a beautiful smile. “One thing is sure, Philip is proposing today” she said to herself.
She tried as much as possible to look her best. Tamilore ensured that she didn’t come for the dinner date in her corporate wear, she had changed into a lovely designer gown before leaving the office because that day was the departmental meeting and they didn’t finish up until 7:30pm. Since the dinner date was 8pm, she had to change in the office. Thank God she had an office to herself where she can easily freshen up and all within the confine of her office.
Tamilore got her fat paying job through her boyfriend, Philip, who was a friend to the heir of the company and also the acting CEO, Alex. She was the human resource manager in Dacosta and Sons Mills International. They are into processing and production of export goods and materials. So they deal with International companies.
Tamilore was at first surprised when Philip told her to come over to the restaurant on her own because on a normal day he would have picked her up himself for the date. But she took it as one of the surprises her long term boyfriend had for her. Philip too was from a rich but not a famous home, reason why he could mingle with people like the Dacostas.
Philip pulled out a sit for the beautiful, tall, brown skin Tamilore. She sat down gracefully after they exchanged pleasantries. They placed their orders and ate quietly. Tamilore had stopped smiling just to pretend as if she didn’t know his intentions.
After the main dish, Philip ordered for a bottle of an expensive wine. The waiter served them and left. Then he started talking about the good times they spent together and all but deep down inside, Tamilore was like ‘Philip, just propose and stop beating around the bush’
Then Philip cleared his throat. “Tamilore, I need to tell you something” “Really, go ahead” She said and couldn’t help but smile. “I’m sorry, Tamilore. This is the end of the road for both of us” He spilled. “End of the road! I don’t get you” She was still smiling thinking he was trying to play pranks with her.
“Please allow me explain”
“Explain what?” She questioned, realizing that he was dead serious.
“I impregnated a girl…..”
“You did what?”
“Please hear me out”
Tamilore swallowed hard. “I’m listening”
“The girl in question is the daughter of the DSS and she was smart enough to tell his family before telling me" He paused to check out her countenance. He then continued.
"Her father summoned me few days ago and he insisted I marry his daughter. And you know what saying no to a top ranking military officer means. Even though he threatened me indirectly, I already know the kind of mess I’m into if I try anything funny with his daughter” He paused to take a close look at Tamilore who was still trying to process what he is saying and then he continued.
“Tamilore that man will destroy me. He had secretly investigated me, in fact he handed me a file when I got there. And guess what’s inside the file! There are pictures of all my family members including your picture. Tamilore you are not safe too if I don’t marry her daughter, he might hurt my loved ones” He poured out.
She was boiling but she tried to calm herself so she could at least say something. “Philip for one, it’s a surprise that you are cheating on me and I never knew” She stated. “Tamilore I’m sorry…..” “Hang it there! Now, you didn’t just cheat but you also got the girl pregnant in the process. Why? What did I do wrong?” She asked innocently trying to maintain her cool to the best of her ability. “It was not a relationship, it was just a onetime thing but I later discovered the girl had a crush on me and wanted to have me at all cost” Philip explained.
“Not a relationship? Did she rape you or what? Philip I’m not a baby so please stop spoon- feeding me!” She lashed at him. “Fine we were friends, we’ve been friends for a while now” He opened up. “You have a female friend that I don’t know of! You have something off your sleeves Philip that is why you never talked about her" “I wasn’t hiding anything. Zainab is just a friend, that was all I thought it was until she invited me over to her place. I told her I had a girlfriend, she knows about you but she said all she wanted from me was sex and she said it won’t happen again. So I obliged her and promised myself it won’t happen again” He confessed. Tamilore nodded repeatedly and stopped “You know my take on pre marital sex from day one but I had to let you have your way because you wanted it. But you still went ahead to sleep with someone else not because she asked for it but because you wanted to explore! A typical Yoruba demon” She scoffed.
"You know I’m not one. It has been only you all this while and you know it. Tamilore I know there’s nothing that I can say that will fix this mess, all I can say is that I’m sorry for breaking your heart” He pleaded. “And here I am thinking you wanted to propose” She said with a wicked smile. “Tamilore you know I had plans for us. God sees my heart, I wanted to propose this month” “Oh! You would have proposed with all those skeletons in your cupboard! Because one thing is sure, you would never have told me about it" Then she adjusted her sit. "You know what, just leave!” She said firmly with her eyes tightly closed, trying to fight back the tears. “I can’t leave you like this, let me take you home, please” She slammed her right hand hard on the table. “Philip, leave now before I do something I will regret” She said at the top of her voice.
The attention of some people in the restaurant was already on them.
“Tamilore please lower your voice” He pleaded with her. Philip intentionally chose to speak to her in a public place so she can control herself. He knew going to her house will fuel up things but he was wrong because Tamilore refused to keep her voice down ignoring the fact that she was in a public place.
She stood up, picked up the wine bottle and poured all the content on his head.
“Now leave this place, like right now!” She ordered him. “Tamilore calm down, I can’t leave you here like this, I…… “I said get out of my face!” She said fiercely, slamming the table hard again. “Just leave already, you heard her” A rich male voice said from behind.
Tamilore looked behind her to see the person whose voice came from the table behind theirs. “Excuse me, this is between me and my girlfriend, can you please stay out of this” Philip barked at the guy. “Oh! You mean your ex- girlfriend!” He said starting towards them and stopped right in front of their table. “I can see you heard enough, but for the last time stay out of this” Philip warned the guy. “Philip we already have a company, if you don’t want more, then get out of my face this minute or else I’ll create more scenes. You know I have nothing to lose but you do, so leave now” She threatened. “Then let’s leave together, I can’t leave you with a stranger” “I’d rather choose a stranger over you” “Really” “Mr. You heard her. I’ll take it from here. So leave” The guy said confidently. “Tamilore!” He called out and stood up. Then he took another look at the guy.
“I think I know this face” Philip said to the guy.
He handed his ID and Philip took a keen look at it. “Oh! It’s you”
“Just leave already!” He said spitefully. Philip took another look at Tamilore who had already buried her face in her palms. He then left. Tamilore raised her head up. “Let’s take you home” Said my stranger. “I’ll find my way. I came in my car” She said looking away. “Of course I know. I was at the parking lot when you drove in. You parked your car right beside mine!” “Thanks, Mr. Good Samaritan but I can manage” “No thanks, I’m taking you, my name is at stake here, your ex knows who I am, meaning you must get home safely under my watch!” He insisted. She sighed and followed him as he led the way he even helped with her bag and phone which she left on the table absentmindedly. “Your car key” He demanded. “Oh! I left my bag” She exclaimed. “Says the lady who said she can go home on her own. Here” He said and made to hand her belongings to her.
Tamilore looked at his hand and saw her phone and bag with him, she didn’t even noticed he was carrying something. That was when she realized she wasn’t okay for real then she busted into tears. Mr. Good Samaritan, like Tamilore addressed him earlier who is dark, 6ft tall, hugged Tamilore who is 5ft 4”. She was in his arms crying as her figure was perfectly wrapped in the stranger’s arm. He placed the bag and phone that was still in his hands gently on the car bonnet as he allowed her cry in his arms.
“9 minutes, 45 seconds. That should be enough for now” He said checking his wrist watch for the second time, he had checked earlier when she started crying in order to time her. “Wait you timed me!” Tamilore stopped crying immediately. You are ……” “Weird!” He took the word from her mouth. “And…….” “Hilarious” He cut in again. This time, Tamilore smiled a little, shaking her head at the mystery guy.
“Your car?” She asked.
“I’ll come back for it. Shall we?”
“Not that I have much of a choice” She shrugged.
Tamilore collected her bag and phone from him and handover the car keys she retrieved from her hand bag.
He helped her with the door, went back to take the driver’s seat and drove out of the restaurant premises. The only time they had a conversation was when he asked for Tamilore's house address. He pulled over in front of her house and turn off the car engine and to his surprise the lady besides her was far away, she didn’t even noticed that they are home. He tapped her gently. “We are home” He said. “Oh!” She adjusted her body. They both alighted as he followed into her apartment. They entered and he looked around admiring her space. “Nice apartment” He said to himself. He knew that wasn’t the best time to run compliments. Tamilore lived in a room and parlour self contained apartment though the parlour wasn’t spacious, she preferred it that way but it was well furnished. He handed over the car key to her. “Thanks for helping out a sister” “The irony of all this is that a brother like me did this to you but things like this happens” He said.
“He…” She tried explaining but he interrupted her. “I heard everything back there. He’s only trying to protect you” “Did I just hear you defend him? You stood up to him at the restaurant and now you are defending him!” Tamilore said sternly. “I know I did. You know what! Just see the whole scenario as if the relationship wasn’t meant to be, maybe he’s not even the right guy for you in the first place” She sighed heavily. “I understand. I’ll get over him” “Sure. You will" He assured her.
"I’ll like to take my leave now. Do take care of you” He said.
“I will, thank you” She said and saw him off to the door. “You are welcome Tamilore” He replied with a smile. “How did you know my name? Okay, I get it, you heard everything" “Yeah” He sighed softly.
“So....did Mr. Good Samaritan have a name?” She asked. “I think I like that name, it can earn me a medal like 'Humanitarian of the year’ He said playfully but to his surprise Tamilore did not smile at his joke this time around or even push further to know his name. He knew that the reality of the night's event is slowly getting into her. Her lover is gone for good. He really pitied her but it was time for him to leave, it was already some minutes past 10pm.
Immediately he stepped out, Tamilore collapsed on the floor and wept, screaming Philip’s name. She cried and cried refusing to stop, she was still crying then the door flew open, she didn’t even remember to lock her door. She looked up and surprisingly it was the Good Samaritan.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:25am On Aug 23, 2019
You are all invited.

felico52 Reva1 Investorrtbankz , Prudent5217 , space01 ,
Barnarazy01
lanryblaq Nostradamus , Uthman2senior ,
boladex1 , Blessinzy stainless190
queen1494 , Sammysparkcutie, Mogaji95 ,
tessygold Devilpen, bossy512 Franasoan opalk fattprince

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by yewande1234(f): 11:45am On Aug 23, 2019
Even if u no call me....... I am here already front row set taken by me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Schlastica16(f): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2019
FOLLOWING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Lilly4endu(f): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Me too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
even if I was not mentioned or invited, I will still come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Xeynab(f): 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nice write up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
nice story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Fijumokesayo(f): 3:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
Some men can be funny sha, so she should be grateful that the cheat is protecting her? Why did he have sex in the first place abi he's doing freebie ni? Well, it's too early to take side but I'm already team Tamilore.

I trust this is going to be a smooth ride, welcome back Op.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by oluwadabira111(m): 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nice story but will read up later. but OP are going to complete it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Oya I don siddon, Izaray, Skubido make una come read oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ann2012:
Oya I don siddon, Izaray, Skubido make una come read oooo
Seat booked, thanks dear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
Divineroyalty, dupsai, ann2012, LightQueen
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Belbad(m): 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2019
Even If U No Gyv Me Invite,i Don Book Seat,take Us All To Dat World Of TOLERATED

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
Invite: YoungBruzzy Pinkfeet Aforke27 rosebuzz genius43 rubby001 Durhleepee Fijumokesayo Ann2012 solmantb Divineroyalty efeteb zeejewel Jagaban880 daddio jaydave226 GeniusHawlah Janesquare efeteb Oluwakemisolami

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
yewande1234:
Even if u no call me....... I am here already front row set taken by me
I trust you sis, thanks for your support all the way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
Babysuccess02:
even if I was not mentioned or invited, I will still come.
I'm sorry....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Babsopey(m): 12:38am On Aug 24, 2019
Óhún rúgbó bọ̀....

����❤️❤️❤️❤️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kaytolee(m): 2:39am On Aug 24, 2019
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by genius43(m): 4:49am On Aug 24, 2019
Thanks for the invite rachealfst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Babysuccess02(f): 8:19am On Aug 24, 2019
rachealfst:
I'm sorry....
No problem. am here already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by cubby4: 10:32am On Aug 24, 2019
Another story from my favorite writer,lemme find a seat cheesy

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
She looked up and surprisingly it was the Good Samaritan.
"Tamilore stop crying! 30minutes, 25 seconds, do you really think it worth it? For the love of God just stop" He said firmly. “Why are you still here? You timed me again!” “I never left. I was by the door all this while because I already envisaged you doing this once I step out of your apartment. I know you are deeply hurt. But you don’t have to do it all alone. Is there anyone I should help you call?” He paused and checked his wrist watch.
“What am I even saying? It’s 10:40pm”
“You should have left, I’ll be fine” “Sure you will” He said and pulled her up from the floor. “You need to shower, now carry your sorry self to the bathroom and wash up” He ordered and she obeyed.
She came back some minutes later to join him in the parlour but he wasn’t there. She had change to her night dress, her head covered in a hair net. “Has he left?” She asked herself and then she heard sounds coming from her kitchen. She went into the kitchen and saw him there. “What are you doing?” She asked with a quizzical look. “Fixing you something to eat” He replied. “I know what you are doing but why did you get so comfortable in a lady’s kitchen?” She questioned. “Truthfully, I can’t answer that question. I don’t even know why I’m doing this. Anyway, I’m almost done. I’ll leave right away” He said with a sorry tone. “No, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it that way. I’m just a little bit uneasy, though I know I’m safe with you to some extent because of what Philip said earlier and all but it’s just that…” She paused and then kept quiet when she realized he wasn’t paying attention to her, he was only engrossed in the food he was dishing.
He dished the noodles and egg. He also scanned through her fridge and brought out a botanical drink, he placed it in a tray alongside the food and handed it over to her.
He left the kitchen, Tamilore carried the tray and followed him to the parlour. She looked at the time, it was already late and he wondered how her visitor will get home. “This is not a movie where a stranger can pass the night in a lady's house and it’s all good, this is real life” She said in her mind.
"You can stay, it’s past 11pm” She said, though she didn’t mean it. “No, I can’t. I’ll find my way home. Now eat your food before it gets cold” “Thank God he declined” She said in her mind
“Okay. Be safe” She said to him. “I will, just promise me you’ll sleep well and not brood” “I promise”
“Okay. I’ll see you around”
“Mm…okay” She said wondering if there’s any possibility of them seeing each other again.
He was about to open the door to leave then she called out. “Femi Brown!” He turned to face her, surprised. “Your wallet” She said. She saw the wallet on the center table before going into the kitchen and she had opened it and saw the name on his ID. “Oh! That’s where you got the name from” She nodded. “Thanks” He said and she handed the wallet to him. He smiled and left.
Femi Brown had already called his friend, Olawale, who lives close by to come pick him up. Outside the gate was his friend who was waiting to pick him up.

CHAPTER 2
Tamilore tossed in her bed as the sunshine hit her face. “My God” She exclaimed and checked the time it was 7:40am.
She finds it hard to believe that her alarm rang and she didn’t hear. The last thing she remembered was that she took noodles with a chilled botanical drink. “What did this guy put in my food?” She asked herself. She never believed she could have a good sleep after everything that happened to her the previous night.
Then she remembered she was already running late for work. She jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. She came out struggling to keep up with time. She was still dressing up, then her phone rang. It was her boss calling, Alex, Philip’s friend.
“I’m sorry, I know we have a meeting this morning but I…….”Tamilore was saying buy Alex cut in. “Philip told me about the break up. You can take the day off”
“I’m already dressed up, I’m……..” “Tamilore, I’m really sorry about how things ended between you two, I don’t even know what to say to you, the least I can do is to give you a day off.
“I’m fine…..”
“Today is Friday. The company can cope without you for today!” He insisted. “Thank you Alex. You are a darling” She said sounding informal because this is not just her boss talking but her ex boyfriend's friend and her friend as well. “Now you are talking. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I’ll try and check up on you” “Alex don’t bother committing yourself, I know you can’t come”
And that is the truth. He will never sell out his weekend fun-time to anyone. He was only trying to be nice. “I know my weekend is packed but I don’t mind ditching my friends for you. Expect me” “I’m not expecting you. Thanks once again and see you on Monday” She said sarcastically.
“Alright then since you don’t want me to come. See you on Monday, Bye” He said and the line went off.
The Alex that she knows can’t have the time to visit her. The only thing that can make him ditch his friends on weekends is when the case is an emergency and not a nasty break up like hers.
If only her boss knew that making her stay alone in the house is far worse, at least she could still have bury herself in work if she went to the office.
Tamilore lay down lazily on her bed thinking of how to spend her day off, and then an idea popped in. She jumped out of bed where she laid and rushed to her wardrobe.
“Home calling” She said out loud and started packing up for the weekend.
“Abeokuta, here I come” She said as she finished packing a small bag. Then she heard her phone rang. She checked her phone screen, it was an unsaved number.
“Hello” A male voice said.
“Hello, sorry who is this?”
“Femi Brown!”
“Hold on” she said trying to gather her thought. “Mr. Good Samaritan”
“At least, you remembered me. It’s a good thing” He shrugged on the other side.
“I wasn’t drunk last night, if not I would have thought I gave you my phone number unconsciously” She said indirectly, to know how he got her number.
“Okay!! The truth is that I dialed my number on your phone to get yours”
“God, where was I?”
“Bathing” He replied her. “I know I should have asked politely but I know you are not in the mood for such last night”
“Still you should have asked? I can sue you for intruding my privacy”
“Sure you can. But in judgment, please remember mercy” He pleaded playfully.
“I can see you know some scriptures. Anyways, you are pardoned”
“Thanks. So how are you feeling this morning?”
“Better than last night, thanks. By the way what did you put in my food? I even woke up late for work”
“I didn’t put anything, I only pray for one thing while preparing the food that you should sleep soundly after eating it” He replied her.
“Well…your prayer was answered but I would have lost my job in the process, you know”
“I’m not sorry for that, you needed that sound sleep but I can apologize to your boss. Just give me your boss's number” He said confidently.
“Seriously, are you the President's son or something?”
“Just let me do the magic”
“Okay…..that wouldn’t be necessary” She rolled her eyes.
“Were you pardoned?”
“It’s not even that, I’m at home”
“At home! Its 9:15am” He said checking his Blancpain designer wrist watch.
“I know. My boss called this morning and told me to take the day off” She explained.
“Really. So you mix business with personal matters at your work place”
“Hold on” Tamilore said and checked her phone. We’ve been talking for the past 20minutes, shouldn’t you be working by this time?” She questioned.
“You leave that. I’m the manager of my time by God’s grace. Just tell me the reason behind your day off or are you….with your boss. I mean….” Tamilore understood where he was going. She cut in quickly.
“Far from it. He’s Philip’s friend, I mean the friend to my ex. He told my boss about the break up I guess!” She explained as if she owed him an explanation in the first place but she had to because she doesn't like people having a bad impression about her. She cared about her reputation.
“Wow! So your ex is your boss' best friend. I’m sure you hardly work, you’ll be a VIP in that company” He teased.
“Mr. Good Samaritan, can you please hang up? We’ve been talking for like ‘forever’!” She snapped.
She hates it when people think that way about her because of Philip's influence, when she is busy working her head out in the company.
“This is just a harmless conversation, more so I’m trying to keep you company via this phone call. We both know you need it!”
“Well, I won’t need it. I’m going to my parents place to spend the weekend”
“Here in Lagos?”
“No, Abeokuta”
“Is that where you’re from?” He asked.
“Yes”
“And I thought of keeping you company after the close of work. Anyway, it’s not that I have much plan for today. Can I drive you home?”
“Mr.…..”
“Good Samaritan” He helped her complete her statement.
“Whatever, don’t you have a job?” She scowled.
“Trust me you can't be as busy as I am. I’m just trying to look out for you!” He said with all honesty. She sensed the sincerity in his voice and calmed down.
“The truth is that I appreciate everything you’ve been doing for me since last night. I’m not just use to flowing with strangers” She pointed out.
“I’m disappointed, so you still see me as a stranger"
“I’m sorry, that’s not what I really imply Mr.…..”
“You don’t even remember my name, Tamilore. It’s okay, now that I know you’ll be in good hands at your parents' then I won’t bother you again”
“Femi Brown!"
"So you remember?" He said surprised.
"I’m not daft. Like I said earlier I’m not a free spirited person like you. I take my time in letting people into my life and after everything you did for me last night. I’m willing to let you in as a friend. So are we good now?” She asked.
“I don’t want to be your friend!” He stated.
“Are you still angry? But I apologized!”
“Let me take you to Abeokuta, I don’t want you to drive. I’m not even sure if you are that stable”
“That wouldn’t be necessary plus I’m fine”
“Apology not accepted then”
“I can take back what I said, you know?” She pointed out.
“No you can’t! Let me take you and then we can call it even” He insisted.
“Okay. If that will keep the peace, then I'm ready to embark on a peace keeping mission with you” She joked.
“Good. Since I’ll be driving against traffic, then I should be there in twenty minutes”
“Okay, I’ll be waiting!” She said and dropped the call. She checked the call duration, it was 1 hour, 10minutes. She sighed deeply.
“I hope you won’t get yourself hurt again” A voice said in her head. Then she replied the voice. “I will never let him or anyone else hurt me again!”
Some minutes later, he called that he was outside the gate. She picked her packed bag and hand bag and left the room. She locked the door, stepped out of the gate and boarded Mr. Good Samaritan's Range Rover.
The journey was quiet, they weren’t really talking, just few words all through the journey to Abeokuta. Tamilore’s mind was far away. She was only thinking about the voice she heard in her head earlier. Then she heard another. “It's going to be a bitter-sweet experience”
“We are in the city already. Where’s your place?” Femi Brown asked. She jolted out of reverie at the sound of Femi Brown’s voice.
“I can take it from here. I really appreciate this kind gesture of yours. God bless you” She said with a fake smile but deep down in her heart she wasn’t smiling.
“Oh! I see” That was all he said, he knew she didn’t want her to know her parents’ place, so he pulled over. Tamilore was surprised that he didn’t press further. She alighted and waved at him as he turned to the opposite side of the road, heading back to Lagos. She boarded a taxi that took her straight home.
Tamilore is from a family of four. She has only one sibling, an elder brother, Yomi, a medical doctor who is four years older. He lives in Abuja and works in a specialist hospital where he is well paid. He just got married and his wife, Omolara, a nurse is pregnant.
Tamilore’s Parents are both doctors and they owned their own hospital right there in Abeokuta. Yomi didn’t like the idea of working in his parents’ hospital reason why he took the job offer he got in Abuja while Omolara works in a National hospital in Abuja as well.
The cab stopped in front of her house. Tamilore knew her Mum would be home. She told her the last time they talked on phone that her colleague’s daughter was getting married that weekend. So she won’t be going to work because she wanted to attend the Friday engagement ceremony. Also her cousin, Tobi, who was staying with them doesn’t go for lectures on Fridays. He was a student of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) He goes to school from home. So she knew she won’t be alone in the house.

She pressed the door bell and her cousin, Tobi opened the door for her. It’s been over three months she came home and her cousin had missed her. They hugged, and then let her into the house.
“Where’s Mummy?” She asked.
“You didn’t tell us you are coming home, miss workaholic” Dr. Mrs Adeyemo said from behind. She walkup to her Mum and hugged her.
“I’ve missed you….” Tamilore drawled.
“I’ve missed you too”
'How’s work or have you been fired?” Her Mum asked jokingly. She wished Tamilore works in Abeokuta instead of Lagos but her daughter preferred Lagos life.
“Mummy, your plan will not work!” She replied jokingly too. “Anyway, I was given a day off”
“All this enjoyment because of Philip?”
“Mum!” She feigned anger.
“Oh! Sorry. You don’t like hearing that” She smiled and hugged her again.
“Daddy is at the hospital, right?” She quickly changed the topic.
“Yes. What should I get you?”
“Anything food Mummy, I’ve not taking anything today”
“I’ve warned you severally you this girl, stop skipping breakfast. It’s not healthy” Tammy’s Mum said like a doctor that she was.
“I don’t. It’s just today” Her Mum raised an eyebrow and went into the kitchen while Tamilore went to her room. Thankfully it was cleaned. She lay on the bed and slept off. By the time she woke up, her Mum had left for the engagement. Her cousin Tobi, served her food which she barely touched.
Tobi questioned her on why she wasn't eating. He even teased her and asked if she was pregnant. But she just told him she had no appetite. After much pressure from Tobi, she opened up to him. Tobi called another male cousin of theirs, Tolu on phone, who is same age with Tamilore and stays in Abeokuta.
“Tammy is home” Tobi informed Tolu. They fondly call her Tammy.
“It’s a lie”
“Philip just broke your cousin’s heart”
“You are joking right!”
“I’m not. She’s right here with me”
“Really, I’m come to the house this evening” He said and Tobi ended the call.
Tobi made cereal for her instead of the yam and egg that was served initially and she managed to take some portion. Then she remembered Femi Brown. Courtesy demands she called and asked after him but she held back purposely.
Tamilore’s cousin, Tolu came as promised. In fact he said he was sleeping over. Tamilore was so happy because there’s no dull moment with those two combos in the house with her, Tobi and Tolu. They went to the kitchen, the three prepared dinner, and they gist, chat and laughed all through till they were done cooking.
Later in the evening, Tamilore’s Parents returned. He was a Daddy’s girl, so she spent some time with her Dad, Dr. Adeyemo before going back to join the boys.
Something kept reminding her of Femi Brown who she hasn’t called but she kept on ignoring the thought. Later in the night she left the boys room and went into her room to shower and changed into her night wear. She was about to leave the room to join her cousins then her mum knocked and entered. She sat on the bed and ordered Tamilore to sit beside her.
“Tamilore, you never come home on your own, it’s either I or your father persuade you before you can even think of coming home. I was really surprised to see you today. What’s going on with you? Are you in trouble or something?” Her Mum asked.
She looked at her Mum and decided to open up. At least she will find out sooner or later.
“Mummy….Philip broke up with me yesterday” She said and busted into tears. Her Mum drew her closer and comforted her. That was her daughter’s first heartbreak, so she understood how she was feeling. Philip was the only guy she dated all her life.
“What led to the break up?” Dr. Mrs Adeyemo asked and her daughter explained everything.
“This is the problem I have with some young men, why smell what you don’t want to eat!”
“Maybe he had been cheating before now” Tamilore said.
“Maybe not but that solves nothing now. You just have to move on. Any relationship that doesn’t work out is not meant to be” She counseled.
“You are right Mum, I’ll comfort myself with those words”
“Yes my dear and luckily for you, he hasn’t met your father”
“Mum, I’m happy too, what would I have told Daddy? I’m thankful they never met”
“Me too”
“Thank you Mummy”
“You are always welcome” Dr. Mrs. said and she brightened up a bit.
“So you now remember your father’s house today abi and I’ve been begging you to come home since” Her Mum teased.
“Where else will I go” She smiled and stood up to get something from the drawer.
“Abi…Ti aja ba fi Ori ko emi, amona Ile olowo e” (One always know the way back home when in trouble)
"I know right. Thank God I have a place to run to” Tamilore said.
Her phone rang. It was beside her Mum. She looked at the caller ID before handing it over to her daughter.
“Good Samaritan!” Her Mum said and shake her head slowly. She knew her daughter can be dramatic. Tamilore disconnected the call.

7 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
Fijumokesayo:
Some men can be funny sha, so she should be grateful that the cheat is protecting her? Why did he have sex in the first place abi he's doing freebie ni? Well, it's too early to take side but I'm already team Tamilore.

I trust this is going to be a smooth ride, welcome back Op.
Thank you....
Lol@ #Team Tamilore
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2019
Babsopey:
Óhún rúgbó bọ̀....
����❤️❤️❤️❤️
*Smile* Thanks bro.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by oyinella(f): 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
and just like Anike and pastorzoned, we will have to read the end elsewhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
nice one Rachael

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by queentener(f): 4:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
One of my favourite is back with it again. Kudos mama, please is it on okadabooks already?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
rachealfst:
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
Divineroyalty, dupsai, ann2012, LightQueen
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1

Let's kwantinue pls
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 24, 2019
Interesting story Keep it going Thanks

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2019
I'm loving this story like mad

Thanks for the update, Shola2019 come and read

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Mr Right / Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.