Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,118 members, 7,807,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo (153166 Views)

UNDERRATED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 11:08am On Sep 05, 2019
Nice one from my new "virtual girlfriend" Tammy
thanks op

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 11:48am On Sep 05, 2019
Hmmm. Well-done Racheal.

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2019
Emex100:
Nice one from my new "virtual girlfriend" Tammy

thanks op
What happened to the old virtual ones?? Just asking Eme
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
Treasure17:
. What happened to the old virtual ones?? Just asking Eme
They were stolen. Ann2012 was hijacked by fantasticj izaray left me to attend a wedding with someone else. Prudysara is no where to be found........

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2019
Emex100:

They were stolen.
Ann2012 was hijacked by fantasticj
izaray left me to attend a wedding with someone else.
Prudysara is no where to be found........
Stolen or they considered you as side chic. Sorry e'en
wink
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 5:38pm On Sep 05, 2019
Emex100:

They were stolen.

grin
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
Emex100:

They were stolen.
cheesy
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
izaray:
cheesy

U sef laugh abi, no mind Emex100

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2019
Treasure17:

Stolen or they considered you as side chic. Sorry e'en
wink

Not side chic but side boo
well there is problem. Am in love with Tammy so everyone go untill i change my mind
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
izaray:
cheesy
laff well o you think i have forgotten about that Lizzy and the soldier wedding abi
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 6:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ann2012:

grin
lol
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2019
Emex100:

laff well o
you think i have forgotten about that Lizzy and the soldier wedding abi
Jeezu, see monitoring spirit oh grin
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 7:48pm On Sep 05, 2019
izaray:
Jeezu, see monitoring spirit oh grin
haaaa......just relax and laugh more lol
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
CHAPTER 7
Femi Brown had started a lot of praying alongside the staged drama. A month as gone by, no sex and his wife didn’t ask. He noticed that his wife as started getting suspicious. There was a day he caught her smelling his clothes in the laundry basket. He had also caught her eavesdropping on him severally whenever he is on phone but she didn’t say a word.
Weeks later, Tara stood up to her husband.
“Femi, you are being mysterious and very soon, I’ll figure out that mystery” She said when she noticed Femi’s drastic change. Then she started giving him close monitoring.
Tara put one or two things together and she came up with an open confrontation with her husband which ended in a heated argument. With all the signs that Tara had been seeing, she affirmed that her husband was cheating on her with another woman, and then World War II started in the house.
“Tara if you throw one more thing at me again, I’ll leave this house and will never return” He threatened even though he didn’t mean it.
“I will throw anything I want at you, I don’t mind if it inflicts any injury on you, in fact I’ll be the death of you!”She threatened.
“You lie, you can’t kill me except you want to kill yourself instead. I will leave this house soon, you are able to fight me because you still see me around here!” He protested.
“You dare not, cheater”
“You think so. I will soon shock you” He feigned seriousness.
“How dare you cheat on me Femi! Me, Tara Benson, you are cheating on me with another woman, you!” She said giving him a disdain look.
“Yes and who are you? You really think high of yourself you know, after everything I endured for you in this marriage. You think I can’t look at another woman right! That puppet husband is gone Tara. And like you use to say, if you don’t want this marriage anymore, you too can go ahead and file for a divorce”
“Oh is that your plan, you think I’ll give you a divorce, you are mine and mine only. I only pity the girl that is satisfying your lust. If I find her out, then she’s as good as dead” She threatened.
Femi went cold all of a sudden she remembered Tamilore. But he jerked back, since there was nothing between her and Tamilore in fact there is no woman in his life, he was only acting according to script.
“That is just an empty threat woman, try anything and your career is gone” He threatened her too.
“You underestimate me right! Femi I’ll show you what I’m capable of”
“You are bluffing. I thought you are craving for a divorce but now you don’t want it right, you lie. I’m divorcing you for good this time” He said, but not meaning any word he said.
“If you think I’ll sign any divorce papers, you are delusional than I think”
“You wait and see” He picked up his shirt and car key and left the house. It was a Saturday morning so he decided to go to Tamilore’s place but he stopped at a restaurant first in case Tara have him followed.
He got to Tamilore's house and explained everything to her.
“Femi, I don’t think I’m safe. I think you should stop visiting me for now. At least it’s a good sign that your wife is jealous and acting insecure. Also she doesn’t want a divorce. So you two can use this opportunity to work things out” She advised.
“We can’t back down easily, she might return to her old ways, let me still put more pressure on her. She might even mellow or something”
“I get you, but I have to stay out of the picture”
“I understand your fears and I’m scared too with the look I saw on her face. She said it as if she meant it but…”
“No but Femi, hell as no fury like a woman scorned”
“Fine, I’ll make my visit discreet”
“No visit at all”
“Are you kidding me? I won’t think straight without seeing you in a day, you are the only sanity left in my head”
“Femi…..”
“I promise to be discreet” He pleaded with his eyes. “In fact let me start by deleting your contacts on my phone, I know your phone number by heart” He brought out his phone and deleted her contacts.
“That will not solve anything Femi” He countered.
“Okay, I think I have some of your pictures the one we took in Kenya, I’ll delete them. I’ll clear our chat records and also change all my passwords. With that she can’t get to you”
“Femi…..”
“Trust me. I can do without sex but I can’t do without seeing you. I swear”
“Are you infatuated with me?”
“Infatuated! of course not. You're the only thing that is keeping me sane Tamilore!”
“Okay. Its weekend, you have to leave, go be with your wife”
“What! I just told you what transpired between us this morning and you still want me to leave! Just kill me already”
“Femi!”
“Yes nau….kuku kill me” He said and Tamilore laughed but she straightened herself.
“See if you have anywhere to go, just go and leave me here in peace” Femi said to her.
Tamilore was short of words so he allowed him be.
“Have you taken breakfast?” She asked and he replied “No”
She went into the kitchen and prepared fried yam and egg. She served and they ate quietly. He finished eating before her. He stood up to clear the plate.
“Thanks for the meal” He said and went to the kitchen and washed his plate before leaving the kitchen. Tamilore stood up quietly and entered the kitchen, she saw the whole place cleaned up.
She went to her room while he was in the parlour. She did some laundry, then return to her room to see some movies on her laptop. Then she slept briefly, woke up. In the afternoon she made rice and plantain they ate and after eating she returned back to her room leaving him all alone in the parlour again. She came out later in the evening and met him watching football. He didn’t say anything he only concentrated on the match. She went to the kitchen and prepared dinner and they both ate. Femi slept off on the couch immediately after eating.
“Femi!!!” He called out trying to wake him up from sleep.
“Tamilore, what? Let me sleep in peace” He grumbled.
“I’m sorry, I wake you, but you have to go home it’s getting late” She tried pleading with him.
“Okay. I will” He made to stand up then there came a knock on the door. “Are you expecting someone?”Femi asked.
“No…..” She drawled. She walked towards the door. She asked who was at the door, then she opened.
“Hello Tammy”
“Philip! What are you doing in my house at this ungodly hour? She said as Philip walked into the room.
“And what is this man doing here at this same ungodly hour?” He countered.
“That is none of your business. How many times will I tell you that it's over between us? Please leave my house” She said firmly.
“So this is the reason why you didn’t want me back! Tamilore!” He said pointing at Femi. “And you, are you not supposed to be at home with your wife by this time” He tackled Femi Brown.
“The last time I checked, you two are no longer together, so carry your sorry self and leave this place as she said”
“Who do you think you are? A rebound or something. You even have the nerve to order me around in my girlfriend’s house!”
“Ex, Mr. In case you forget your place” Femi pointed out.
“And what is your own place here? Mr. married man”
“Enough, Philip! Just leave” Tammy ordered.
“Tammy, do you know he is married?”
“As you can see, he has his wedding band on, so I don’t need your lecture. Just go” She replied him shabbily.
“I’ll leave and I’ll come back when this adulterer is long gone. I know you still love me and I won’t let this thing fool you” Philip said giving Femi a disgusting look.
“Who did you just call a thing?”Femi gave him a head long.
“Oh! You want to fight, bring it on” Philip gestured for him to come.
“Stop! The two of you should just stop” Tammy got in the middle.
“Philip, if I need a love story, I’ll get a book rather than stay here to watch your sucking love drama. I’m out of here!” Femi said.
“Now you are acting like a man, leave us” Philip said and Tammy got furious.
“Femi you are going nowhere until I say so” She said to Femi then turned to Philip.
“As for you, who are you to give orders in my house”
“Tami……
“Philip, leave my house. Now” She said raising her voice.
“Really”
“Out” She screamed. And Philip took to his heels.
She dumped herself on the couch and buried her head in her palms in frustration.
Philip was really a pain in the neck. After he was freed from Zainab, he had been following her everywhere like a shadow all in the name of wooing her back. Tamilore who had made up her mind never to give him a second chance was already fed up with Philip’s shenanigans.
“Tamilore!” Femi called out.
“What are you still doing here? You are next, so get out” She lashed at him.
“I’ll leave just try and calm down hun! Good night and thanks for allowing me crash here”
Tamilore was expecting him to make use of the door but instead of him walking towards the door, he was walked to the center table. He bent down and put some cash on the table.
“What’s that for?” She asked with a frown.
“Use it to get foodstuffs in the house”
“Like seriously!”
“You fed me thrice today and you’ve been feeding me for a while now. The least I can do is to….
“Take your money Femi and leave this place”
“Easy…. I’m out” He said and turned to leave.
“I said take that money or else…….”
“Fine, I’ll take it!” He picked the cash and left.

8 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
Ann2012:
Oya I don siddon, Izaray, Skubido make una come read oooo

Gbayii sist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2019
Thanks for the update ma'am

we don't mind if you can give us more update ooooo cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by skubido(m): 10:08pm On Sep 05, 2019
rachealfst:
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
Divineroyalty, dupsai, ann2012, LightQueen
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1

Tanks for the call,
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Lilly4endu(f): 10:23pm On Sep 05, 2019
Drama unfold!!! Up OP

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 10:28pm On Sep 05, 2019
Emex100:

Not side chic but side boo
well there is problem. Am in love with Tammy so everyone go untill i change my mind
Well done Mr lover lover.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 10:33pm On Sep 05, 2019
Treasure17:
Well done Mr lover lover.
Tar! But this one wey u dey reason my matter hope you are not falling in lust o
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 10:46pm On Sep 05, 2019
you see why i love tammy ehn..... LightQueen bia this is our kind of story.
Op chop kiss

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 11:10pm On Sep 05, 2019
Emex100:

Tar!
But this one wey u dey reason my matter hope you are not falling in lust o
Lol..Nah mehn...
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Treasure17(m): 11:32pm On Sep 05, 2019
The battle between Philip and Femi go sweet o

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by kevwecute1(f): 8:26am On Sep 06, 2019
rachealfst:
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
Divineroyalty, dupsai, ann2012, LightQueen
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1
Thanks for the invite,I always love your stories

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:57am On Sep 06, 2019
In case you don't know, by God's grace, I'm a certified Scriptwriter.
Are you a producer/Director/Actor, you need a good movie script, just contact me.
Let's make it happen(I mean a great movie) and you'll never regret doing business with me.

Email: toyinfst2@yahoo.com
Or contact me here on Facebook.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by PrudySara(f): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2019
grin I'm here now
Emex100:

They were stolen. Ann2012 was hijacked by fantasticj izaray left me to attend a wedding with someone else. Prudysara is no where to be found........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by izaray(f): 11:19am On Sep 06, 2019
This story just the burst my brain wink

Thanks for the update sis

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Emex100(m): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2019
PrudySara:
grin I'm here now
nwa baby
i miss you oo Amina and Tammy are planning to take over my heart
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by openmine(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2019
PrudySara:
grin
I'm here now
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Kaycee9242(m): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2019
Femi should not disturb Tammy with his family stories Jaree, this is how married men go around with one story or the other looking for a single lady dt will fall prey. And d worse of it all is dt dy won't let go of dt their wife dy claim is devil. Rachael ride on u are doing great.
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 06, 2019
One must fall in love. Thanks for the update dear
Re: TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2019
CHAPTER 8
Unlike every other normal employer, Tamilore loves Monday. She cherished the first day of the week so much and believes if you can be happy and lively on a Monday morning then you’ll have a wonderful week.
Few minutes to lunch break, she got a call from her elder brother in Abuja, Yomi.
“Hi sis”
“Hi big brother”
“How are you doing?” Yomi asked.
“Aside my ex boyfriend and married friend that will not let be; I think I’m still fine”
Yomi laughed. The two are gist buddies, he knew about everything that is going on in her life. “Anyway, you are a woman. You know how to handle them”
“I’ll try. How are you doing too?”
“I’m good”
“How’s your pregnant wife?” Tamilore joked.
“I’m here…..” Omolara, Yomi’s wife drawled.
“God! I’m I on speaker?”
“Yes!” Husband and wife chorused.
“You and your big mouth” Yomi said with a sarcastic tone.
“Honey, just leave her be. Tamilore, I’m the pregnant wife abi. Don’t worry, it will soon be your turn” Omolara said playfully.
“Sorry nau…. I never knew you were there. By the way why are you two together by this time of the day?”
“I’m not on call and my wife is due, she’s on her maternity leave” Yomi replied her.
“Really, so my nephew is on the way. Good”
“Niece” Omolara corrected.
“Whatever. I just want to be an aunt” She said and they all laughed.
Truly, she always wished to be one and she is so excited about the soon coming baby. They chat for few seconds before ending the call.

After work that day, she got back home and before she could even get into her room to change out of her office wear, she heard a knock.
“Oh my God. I hope it’s not one of the funny men I have in my life right now” She said to herself as she walked towards the door. She got to the door and opened.
“Are you stalking me?” She asked him.
“Of course not!” He said feigning anger.
“Why are your hands so full? Where are you coming from and what’s in there?” She said staring suspiciously at the full heavy bags he was carrying in both hands.
“You should take Frank Edoho's job you know. You can finish someone’s life with questions” He said as he started towards the kitchen. Tamilore followed him. He started unpacking the things in the bags and she opened her mouth in awe as he brings out food stuffs from the bags.
“Femi, you don’t have to do this, you know!”
“Tammy, I eat here every time, you reject the money, so I have to come up with something. I didn’t get it myself though. I sent my office assistance”
“Okay but you don’t have to do this next time”
“Yes ma”
“How is your wife?”
“She is fine, still her old self. Tamilore I’m getting tired day by day. But I’m keeping faith. Like you said, it’s a good thing that she still wants her husband to herself”
“Sure. Good thing she’s no longer thinking of giving you a divorce”
“Sex?” She asked.
“No!”
“Really, or is she getting it somewhere else?”
“My wife can be anything but trust me, not promiscuous” He defended.
“If you say so, you know there’s this common believe that if your partner is not getting it from you, then he or she is getting it elsewhere!” She shrugged.
“You are right but that’s not the case here. At least I’m not getting it elsewhere too”
“Mmm..mm” She coughed.
“You don’t believe me!”
“Oh! I can’t be so sure” She said rolling her eyes.
“Seriously! You don’t trust me?”
“Ehm….” She scratched her head slyly.
“Good!”
“I’m sorry….”
“For what?
“I believe you, I mean I trust you. I was only pulling your legs so don’t take it personally”
“Okay” He said and they continued with what they were doing, arranging the stuffs he brought. The two were silence for few minutes, and then he broke the silence.
“I sacked my secretary today” He informed.
“Why?”
“Art of seduction!”
“Are you kidding me?”
“I warned her last week, she tried it again today. So I told her to tender her resignation letter before the close of work or I’ll fire her. She prefers the former, so she resigned” He explained.
“Huh!”
“I can’t stand any form of temptation right now” He said trying to make Tamilore understand the reason behind his actions.
“Well, I understand. Truthfully, that girl is hot!”
“Sure, but not as hot as my wife” He bragged. He still loves and cherishes Tara.
“I know right. The hottest Nigerian model” She winked at him and they both laughed.
“Come to think of it, you said you sack your secretary but that is not sack!”
“For me it is. I sacked her I only gave her the opportunity to tender her resignation letter so it won’t affect her CV” He explained.
“Hmm…that’s good” She nodded. “Let me quickly prepare something for you to eat” She said.
“That can wait, go and change” He said. She obeyed and went to her room to change by the time she got back to the kitchen, Femi was already cooking.
“Femi!”
“Let me be. I’m cooking tonight” He said.
“You even put on an apron. I can’t shout Femi” She laughed as she watched him cook. She only gave him little assistance whenever he needed something. When he was through, he dished the Rice and plantain with chicken stew.
After eating, they started chatting but this was interrupted. Tammy received a call from an old friend who called to check up on her. The call took like forever and by the time she was through with the call, Femi was already sleeping soundly. Tammy checked the time, it was almost 10pm.
“Femi!” She called out with a frown. He didn’t answer she called again and tapped him in order to wake up.
“It’s late, you should be on your way home and not sleeping on my couch”
“Tammy is that why you wake me up. You should have allow me enjoy my sleep, you know I don’t have a home” He said in a sleepy voice.
“Just get up, you have a wife who is waiting for you”
“You mean my cross!”
“Whatever, just get up”
“Tammy, allow me sleep in a serene place this night. I’m okay with the couch” He pleaded.
“No way, I can’t house another woman’s husband!”
“Tammy. This is different, you are my friend and we are not dating. So what’s wrong in passing the night at your place?”
“No, I can’t allow that, friends or no friends”
“Fine, I’ll leave” He said and stood up. Tammy saw the sadness in his eyes.
“Femi!” She called out. Femi was already on his way out, so he turned to look at her. She walked up to him.
“What….” He said and made to turn again but she held his arms.
“Femi….please try and understand.
He looked into his eyes and saw how sorry she was for driving him away.
“I know what going home to her feels like but…..”
He didn’t allow her finished her statement as he pulled her into a hug. She responded and put her arms around him too. They were just there in each other’s arms. Few minutes later they were interrupted by Femi’s ringing phone.
“It’s my wife’s Manager” He said to Tammy as he gently released her from his arms.
“Pick it” She said quietly.
“Jesus! I’m on my way” That’s the only statement Tammy heard from him before the line went off.
“What’s the problem, what happened?” She asked curiously.
“My wife and her crew were returning from a fashion show and were attacked by hoodlums and….and ….she was stabbed” He said sounding disorganized.
“Jesus Christ! What are we still waiting for, let’s go”
“You’ll go with me?” She nodded yes. “Thanks! Let’s go then” He said, he was no longer himself anymore.
“Can you drive?” She asked and He nodded. They got into the car and she asked for the name of the hospital. He replied.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Take Me As I Am - A Love Story / Love, Lust And Lost. Part 1 And 2. / Three Sides Of A Coin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.