Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! (370 Views)

10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! / 7 Costly Mistakes On CV That Leave Graduates Unemployed / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:46pm On Aug 23, 2019
You’ve ever heard the phrase “first impression matters?” It is also applicable to your CV. Whatever job sector you are targeting; as an intern, or the regular professional jobs, or even as a teacher with a local school, your CV should speak volumes for you. This means that the look of your CV would determine if an employer would dial your number or not – in most cases though.

There is no perfect way to write a CV, but there are methods to make it stand out as attractive. I have interviewed countless job seekers, and I have seen mistakes peculiar to them all.

If you don’t have reliable connections or networks to help you get a job with ease, you should focus on this article – to optimize your CV. Here are the 10 ways below.

1. Employ A Professional Font While Writing Your CV

The only mental idea every prospective employer creates about you is what your CV says about you. This means that you are being judged by what potential employers see on paper. If you want them to see you as a hire-able professional, then your CV should look professional.
Here are some few ways to go about that;

• Stick to Arial, Calibri or the Times New Roman Font.
• Don’t highlight any part of your resume with colours and fancy fonts.
• Use only font sizes of 11 or a maximum of 12.

2. Your Objective Should Answer The “What Do I Have To Offer?” Question

Always have this at the back of your mind. Using a copy and pasted objective that was drafted from a sample on a CV writing website is a CV killer. Hiring managers have... CLICK TO GET THE COMPLETE ARTICLE!
Re: 10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! by CaptainMitch: 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2019
I no get power come write CV for me I go pay
Re: 10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
CaptainMitch:
I no get power come write CV for me I go pay

Follow the link on my signature if you'll like to use my services.
Re: 10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! by PatrickOkunima(m): 5:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Read now.
Re: 10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
Read now...
Re: 10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
Re: 10 Tips To Help You Write A Killer CV That Will Land You The Job! by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:41pm On Aug 28, 2019
Night.

(1) (Reply)

Online Advertisers Needed / IKEDC Interview Invites!! / Acoountant Needed!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.