Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,580 members, 7,801,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested (56752 Views)

Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account / Dispatch Rider Who Ran Away With Company Motorcycle After Employment Arrested / HouseHelp Was Caught Doing in Boss' Bedroom 8 Days After Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Funmmyastic: 9:54am On Aug 24, 2019
Sharp shooter.
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by luminouz(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2019
phyya:
Forgive wetin? That has been her plan all along. Ole!!

I see you stranger wink
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2019
Igbo kwenu
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by micflo28(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2019
Hope she is not afon... lipsrsealed

Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by megastu(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2019
Dutch Guilder has been abolished since 2000 or how is that possible that she stole dutch guilder?
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by airsaylongcon: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2019
And someone believed this rubbish? Dutch Guilder? Really? That currency that has not been used in at least 15 years?
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by airsaylongcon: 10:14am On Aug 24, 2019
megastu:
Dutch Guilder has been abolished since 2000 or how is that possible that she stole dutch guilder?

I stopped reading when I saw "Dutch Guilder"
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by kelly72: 10:18am On Aug 24, 2019
Some househelps kill their bosses only thirty minutes after employment.
Beware
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by XaintJoel20: 10:21am On Aug 24, 2019
This lady is a staunch criminal.
She will never stop stealing.
You want to treat your mom, why didn't you beg madam to give you salary advance.
Ole.
Rot in jail.

1 Like

Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by MyGeneration(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2019
Mummyimbecile:
So sad how people mess up when there helpers locate them...a woman that employed you,and asked you to follow her to the airport to welcome her sister,can Do more for you if you are good,That singular act of her asking you to accompany her to the airport to welcome her sister means that she also takes you as a sister,gave you free accomodation,feeds and pay you,and you decide to steal from her....How sad it is!
do u know what the maid could have done in the past to put her in this condition?
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by BlueAir: 10:26am On Aug 24, 2019
She even lied at the point of apprehension ans interrogation angry..she deserves a long term sentence. ..ur mother jn the village was so sick u could fix her of 100 $ ..around 36k in naira..

Jail loading

1 Like

Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by afonja112: 10:27am On Aug 24, 2019
Where is NCAN CHAIRMAN?
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by snipesdam(m): 10:27am On Aug 24, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Money heist General

This one just be like Tokyo
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Born2Breed(f): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2019
$700 and £200 is not 1.6m.

We know the girl is a thief but why lie by increasing the amount stolen and to even add more lies them claim dutch guilder. Holland still dey use that money outside their country?

1 Like

Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by kareemkamil(m): 10:37am On Aug 24, 2019
Very bad
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Divineayo(m): 10:37am On Aug 24, 2019
GistNotice:
A 26-year-old housemaid, Franker Amaha, has stunned her boss after she fled with foreign currencies estimated at N1.6m six hours into her employment.

The woman identified simply as Mrs Taiye of Masha area, Surulere, Lagos State, had engaged Amaha, whom she knew as Esther, on July 25, 2019 through an agent in Ikorodu.

City Round learnt that two hours after they arrived home, they left for the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, to pick up Taiye’s sister, who just returned from abroad.

On getting home, Amaha reportedly sneaked into where her boss’ sister put her luggage, stole the hard currencies – $2800, £1,000 and 2000 Dutch Guilder – and fled.

It was gathered that efforts by the woman to locate Amaha proved abortive as she switched off her phones.

Taiye realised she was in for a complex matter when checks at the form she submitted with the agent revealed her home address and her guarantor’s as fake.

The case, initially reported at the Surulere Police Station, was later referred to the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team and a manhunt was launched for the suspect.

The detectives eventually trailed Amaha to her friend’s house in the Ajah area of Lagos State and apprehended her.

A police source said investigation revealed that the suspect carefully planned the crime.

He said, “The suspect went to the agent on July 24 and the agent asked that she should fill a form and get a guarantor. Because she has a plan, she filled the form with a fake name and attached a fake passport photograph to the form.

“She identified herself as Esther whereas she is Franker (Amaha). On July 25, she was taken to the house of one Mrs Taiye, at Masha, Surulere, to work as a home help and offered to be paid N20,000.

“Incidentally, a sister of her new boss returned from abroad on that same day. She followed her new boss to the airport to pick up her sister. When they got home, she entered into the room where her boss’ sister’s bags were kept.

“She opened one of the bags and stole all the foreign currencies therein, including $2,800, £1,000 and 200 Dutch Guilder. She left the house instantly. While the security man at the gate tried to stop her, she told him that she had problems with the madam. While the guard was trying to confirm from the woman, she took a motorcycle. She ran to Ajah to meet one of her friends and threw away her SIM cards.”

In an interview with City Round during the week, Amaha said she stole the money to treat her sick mother.

The indigene of Cross River State said she approached one Mr Frank, a job agent, and Frank in turn led her to one Ade who linked her to Taiye.

She explained, “I gave her a fake name and address because I have the intention of stealing from her. I got to her house around noon and we went to the airport around 3:30pm to pick her sister. I opened her (sister’s) bag and took money from it.

“I stole six $100 notes, five pieces of £20, five pieces of $20 and £100. I changed $100 and made my hair with it and bought a pair of sleepers. I changed the remaining money to naira and deposited it into my account. I stole her money because I got a call from my village that my mother was sick. Please help me beg her to forgive me.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/maid-who-stole-n1-6m-six-hours-after-employment-arrested/amp/
She stole the money to treat sick mother , but the first expense was getting your hair changed and slippers changed. Well done ma

1 Like

Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by BOFREJO(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2019
makewetalk2:
the question is how did the owner make it?
if thief thief from thief, case day the thief head?
the person reporting this should have at least reported the person stealing from our national coffer.
I still blame GEJ for not rigging that election. the man think say he will set a pattern for his successor. e no no say na old thief day succeed am. he even went one step futher to congratulate the thief and called him a president before he handed over to him thinking that the man will even send him. Buhari just enter scatter everything begin loot the loot way Babangida no gree am loot in 1983.
una day look this girl but una close una eyes to the biggest cases of stealing in the entire world. this is the biggest economy that people steal without being confronted.
I just day pray make IPOB jam Buhari for Japan. make dem disgrace am like Ekweremmadu make the world see am
pathetic.... shocked
makewetalk2:
the question is how did the owner make it?
if thief thief from thief, case day the thief head?
the person reporting this should have at least reported the person stealing from our national coffer.
I still blame GEJ for not rigging that election. the man think say he will set a pattern for his successor. e no no say na old thief day succeed am. he even went one step futher to congratulate the thief and called him a president before he handed over to him thinking that the man will even send him. Buhari just enter scatter everything begin loot the loot way Babangida no gree am loot in 1983.
una day look this girl but una close una eyes to the biggest cases of stealing in the entire world. this is the biggest economy that people steal without being confronted.
I just day pray make IPOB jam Buhari for Japan. make dem disgrace am like Ekweremmadu make the world see am
pathetic....
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Isoduwa(m): 11:18am On Aug 24, 2019
Some body should tell her next time use what you have to get what you want

e.g sellpussy.com
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Realfrankie(m): 11:23am On Aug 24, 2019
Foolish face
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Funkybabee(f): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2019
master in thiefry
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Femeto: 11:52am On Aug 24, 2019
Thief. That woman should not have taken her to the airport. Her sister was also careless.
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by midehi2(f): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Money heist General
I love that movie cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
nawa
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Kagarko(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Glink2018:
O Ni bo be.

Ole oloriburuku...

Kirikiri is waiting for you. Be their guest and their tenant

Igbo Kwenu!
Igbo Kwenu!!
Igbo Kwenu!!!
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Moikiitos: 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
GistNotice:
A 26-year-old housemaid, Franker Amaha, has stunned her boss after she fled with foreign currencies estimated at N1.6m six hours into her employment.

The woman identified simply as Mrs Taiye of Masha area, Surulere, Lagos State, had engaged Amaha, whom she knew as Esther, on July 25, 2019 through an agent in Ikorodu.

City Round learnt that two hours after they arrived home, they left for the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Ikeja, to pick up Taiye’s sister, who just returned from abroad.

On getting home, Amaha reportedly sneaked into where her boss’ sister put her luggage, stole the hard currencies – $2800, £1,000 and 2000 Dutch Guilder – and fled.

It was gathered that efforts by the woman to locate Amaha proved abortive as she switched off her phones.

Taiye realised she was in for a complex matter when checks at the form she submitted with the agent revealed her home address and her guarantor’s as fake.

The case, initially reported at the Surulere Police Station, was later referred to the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team and a manhunt was launched for the suspect.

The detectives eventually trailed Amaha to her friend’s house in the Ajah area of Lagos State and apprehended her.

A police source said investigation revealed that the suspect carefully planned the crime.

He said, “The suspect went to the agent on July 24 and the agent asked that she should fill a form and get a guarantor. Because she has a plan, she filled the form with a fake name and attached a fake passport photograph to the form.

“She identified herself as Esther whereas she is Franker (Amaha). On July 25, she was taken to the house of one Mrs Taiye, at Masha, Surulere, to work as a home help and offered to be paid N20,000.

“Incidentally, a sister of her new boss returned from abroad on that same day. She followed her new boss to the airport to pick up her sister. When they got home, she entered into the room where her boss’ sister’s bags were kept.

“She opened one of the bags and stole all the foreign currencies therein, including $2,800, £1,000 and 200 Dutch Guilder. She left the house instantly. While the security man at the gate tried to stop her, she told him that she had problems with the madam. While the guard was trying to confirm from the woman, she took a motorcycle. She ran to Ajah to meet one of her friends and threw away her SIM cards.”

In an interview with City Round during the week, Amaha said she stole the money to treat her sick mother.

The indigene of Cross River State said she approached one Mr Frank, a job agent, and Frank in turn led her to one Ade who linked her to Taiye.

She explained, “I gave her a fake name and address because I have the intention of stealing from her. I got to her house around noon and we went to the airport around 3:30pm to pick her sister. I opened her (sister’s) bag and took money from it.

“I stole six $100 notes, five pieces of £20, five pieces of $20 and £100. I changed $100 and made my hair with it and bought a pair of sleepers. I changed the remaining money to naira and deposited it into my account. I stole her money because I got a call from my village that my mother was sick. Please help me beg her to forgive me.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/maid-who-stole-n1-6m-six-hours-after-employment-arrested/amp/

Fake news ringing... 2000 Dutch Guilder . The Netherlands since 2002 started using the Euro currency even though they still collect the guilder. It is only possible in banks designated in the Netherlands.

My question is, how did she get the 2000 Dutch Guilder exchanged in Nigeria? Biko... undecided

Not everyone is stupid to believe your story...maybe except for the stupid ones. Just saying...check facts before commenting.
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by Pennywise(m): 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
She deserves thorough beating. You have been caught stealing, rather than seek sympathy she is trying to lie her way out by claiming false motivation as cause. She is not too ugly to prosti-tute her self. With good manners and a good make-up, she will have client. What an idio-t
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by civilserva: 1:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
For imbe.ciles here, this is not Igbo name
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by luluosas(m): 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
Thief thief, idiot lazy girl
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by planetx: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
This is what happens when you offer to pay someone #20,000 for a month worth of backbreaking job.
Re: Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested by incentive: 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
6 hours? Unbelievable! This one na first class tiv.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

John Mitchener: Interpol Indicts American For Advance Fee Fraud In Nigeria / Lady Sexually Assaulted By Uber Driver After She Fell Asleep Inside Car (Pics) / Video Of Cadets Assaulting A Young Man: Nigerian Army Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.