Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,500 members, 7,781,513 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others (32818 Views)

Buhari Heads To Senegal Amidst Multiple Terror Attacks / Enugu Raises Alarm Over Illegal Connection Of Establishments' Electricity Line / Demolished Works Layout Property Was Erected Under Electricity Line – ECTDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by PureFace1(m): 10:59am On Aug 24, 2019
Electricity: The Federal Government, Wednesday, disclosed that it was building power transmission line to link up some countries in the West African sub-region.

Speaking in Abuja at the 2019 participants/key stakeholders interactive forum organised by the Market Operator, the Managing Director of Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, Mr. Mohammed Gur Usman, stated that the project will take a 330KV electricity transmission line right from Nigeria up to Senegal.

He said, “In the whole of West Africa we are the only one that has the experience of 330KV but now 330 KV will run from Nigeria unto Senegal.

“Let me be precise, we are going to have a 330KV that will run from Shiroro to, to Parakou, Parakou to Northern Togo, Northern Ghana to Cote deviore.

“Another one will come from Northern Ghana to Senegal to Guinea-Bissau, to Mali to Burkina Faso and it will join Ghana. This is the study that we have launched.”

To this ends, Usman charged the major stakeholders in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry, NESI, especially, the Market Operator, MO, to be ready to assume the task of regional player in the sector.

He said, “As the Chairman of West Africa Pool, WAP, I made the WAP to draft, the directives which was approved on the 22nd of May and 22nd of December, 2018.

“That is the written of ECOWAS Head of State and Government of 22nf of December 2018. They approved that three directives and what are those directives that we forwarded to ECOWAS for approval are:

“First, All utilities in West Africa must have their revenue requirement. The second directive is that countries that elect not to give the requirement, they should budget for it in a transparent manner.

“This means that if the utilities do not have their course reflective tariff then the countries should budget for it in a transparent manner that is they should provide for it in their national budget.

“We did not stop there, we said that all utilities in west Africa should conduct themselves in such a way that they should do their procurement in a transparent manner- meaning they should adapt competitive procurement of their services and their goods because if we have the budget and we have the money and we apply it in an inefficient manner, it means that cost of energy will soon go up.

“In reality, if it is truly a market is driven by rules and regulation and people have to comply with the rules and there has to be sanction for performance and there has to be a reward of non-performance and a reward for extraordinary performance.

“If a market is existing in such a way that everybody does not performance and can get away with it, there is no way that that market can grow or perform.”

According to him, “TCN may probably cease to exist very soon and then you will have TSP and ISO, ISO will be the one that will be operating the market operator under ISO and everything that I have to do for that transition to take place, I have been doing it daily. Every day I have been doing those things that would lead to those organizations to separate.

“Because we have not applied the market position in our market tenders, in solar, you cannot say that Nigeria has comparative advantage but, in terms of normal generation that would be done by gas and hydro.

“Nigeria still has comparative advantage across West Africa. Which means there is a demand for electricity from here to the rest of West Africa? What we are doing is to enable that happen. To enable that happen, we are going to build a transition line across West Africa so that we can export energy from here to the rest of Africa.

“I am happy to tell you that the design consultancy and the environmental study for the medium backbone were launched

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/fg-to-extend-electricity-line-to-senegal-ghana-others/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by restore8(m): 11:19am On Aug 24, 2019
Mad people everywhere �
do you want to grow your page organically? do you wish to have more engagement on your posts and pictures? would you love to be an influencer? would you love to make money from your page? Get our service today at 2k promo ends in 72hours
kindly contact me my on my signature. this offer ends in 72 hours cheers!!!

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by daddytime(m): 11:40am On Aug 24, 2019
Lol

See person wey no reach ONE full thing dey beg say make dem divide am into two.

Very funny situation.

Big Brother Naija wan use laff kill person here for this next level...

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Waakanda: 12:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
When your own citizens are still suffering from epileptic power supply undecided... Is that not stupidity?

222 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by speaktome(m): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
To give or collect?

Can you give what you don't have?

I Taya for this country....

Anyway,

#MySignature
#MyBusiness

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by LadySarah: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
f

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
I worked at kanji during my IT let me explain . Our dam is on river niger, to stop other countries along same river building their dam on same river we have to sell them light . Ivory coast benin ghana etc we sell to pay in dollars and quickly unlike in 9ja where there is billing and payment issues.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Lamasta(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
PureFace1:

“Nigeria still has comparative advantage across West Africa. Which means there is a demand for electricity from here to the rest of West Africa? What we are doing is to enable that happen. To enable that happen, we are going to build a transition line across West Africa so that we can export energy from here to the rest of Africa.

When your citizens are yet to enjoy sufficient power you want to export power OK o ride on I just hope it will transmit more hours of light to the 4 - 14 hours per day we are using here in my area

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Inehmesit: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Anyone, the leaders of this nation are just so confused grin
speaktome:
To give or collect?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Studyinchina200(m): 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Funny country

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by sigiyaya(m): 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2019
grin grin grin grin Unless country Please MOD move this to comedy section if we have any on Nairaland because this is the best comic story of the year grin grin grin

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2019
The funny things about this country are that the authority will be doing world-class nonsense and still justify it with big grammar, They did that because they know just a few people can understand the bullshit and the few people re too busy too tell them its nonsense,Your people never enjoy 24 hrs power supply yet you re helping other countries. local technicians such as welders and graphics designers will be like

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Nobodyperson: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2019
This government absolutely confused.
How can we be helping other countries with electricity when Nigeria Is ranked the 2nd worse country in terms of power supply.

Misplaced priorities

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Saintp(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lol, Nigeria and comedy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
Tina26:
I worked at kanji during my IT let me explain

We dey wait o..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Innov8ve1: 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
Useless country, useless leaders, smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hediot, want to share what you don't have... I pity this country called Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by nonut: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
In the paradise where I live in Nigeria, we have 24hrs of electricity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Oluwaseyi456(m): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
Are we ghost. .?we don't hv 6hours electricity for Nigeria but we want to extend it to other...WAHAWA

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by horlatunji00(m): 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
Light no dey for some area in ibadan you wan extend electricity go Ghana
You na all dey mad ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2019
Please can we all gather and swear for this people ? Only that no amount of swear will be enough .

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by awa(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
WHY?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by kennosklint(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
And we don’t have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by picoba(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2019

That we be inconclusive project. Mad government. Why can't they make sure we have regular electricity light before going to other countries. Ghana has gone far in term of electricity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by SOJOSEPH(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
Things are always upside down in Nigeria.

YOU CAN NOW GIVE WHAT YOU DONT HAVE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by nikz(f): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
Studyinchina200:
Funny country
Very funny and stupid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by wink2015(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
PureFace1:
Electricity: The Federal Government, Wednesday, disclosed that it was building power transmission line to link up some countries in the West African sub-region.

Speaking in Abuja at the 2019 participants/key stakeholders interactive forum organised by the Market Operator, the Managing Director of Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, Mr. Mohammed Gur Usman, stated that the project will take a 330KV electricity transmission line right from Nigeria up to Senegal.

He said, “In the whole of West Africa we are the only one that has the experience of 330KV but now 330 KV will run from Nigeria unto Senegal.

“Let me be precise, we are going to have a 330KV that will run from Shiroro to, to Parakou, Parakou to Northern Togo, Northern Ghana to Cote deviore.

“Another one will come from Northern Ghana to Senegal to Guinea-Bissau, to Mali to Burkina Faso and it will join Ghana. This is the study that we have launched.”

To this ends, Usman charged the major stakeholders in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry, NESI, especially, the Market Operator, MO, to be ready to assume the task of regional player in the sector.

He said, “As the Chairman of West Africa Pool, WAP, I made the WAP to draft, the directives which was approved on the 22nd of May and 22nd of December, 2018.

“That is the written of ECOWAS Head of State and Government of 22nf of December 2018. They approved that three directives and what are those directives that we forwarded to ECOWAS for approval are:

“First, All utilities in West Africa must have their revenue requirement. The second directive is that countries that elect not to give the requirement, they should budget for it in a transparent manner.

“This means that if the utilities do not have their course reflective tariff then the countries should budget for it in a transparent manner that is they should provide for it in their national budget.

“We did not stop there, we said that all utilities in west Africa should conduct themselves in such a way that they should do their procurement in a transparent manner- meaning they should adapt competitive procurement of their services and their goods because if we have the budget and we have the money and we apply it in an inefficient manner, it means that cost of energy will soon go up.

“In reality, if it is truly a market is driven by rules and regulation and people have to comply with the rules and there has to be sanction for performance and there has to be a reward of non-performance and a reward for extraordinary performance.

“If a market is existing in such a way that everybody does not performance and can get away with it, there is no way that that market can grow or perform.”

According to him, “TCN may probably cease to exist very soon and then you will have TSP and ISO, ISO will be the one that will be operating the market operator under ISO and everything that I have to do for that transition to take place, I have been doing it daily. Every day I have been doing those things that would lead to those organizations to separate.

“Because we have not applied the market position in our market tenders, in solar, you cannot say that Nigeria has comparative advantage but, in terms of normal generation that would be done by gas and hydro.

“I am happy to tell you that the design consultancy and the environmental study for the medium backbone were launched

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/fg-to-extend-electricity-line-to-senegal-ghana-others/amp/

THE SAME PEOPLE LED BY FORMER MINISTER, AUDU OGBEH WENT TO THE MEDIA BOASTING THAT NIGERIA WILL SOON START THE EXPORT OF YAMS OVERSEAS.

Yams that the common man in the streets of Lagos, Benin, Warri, Port Harcourt, Calabar, Kaduna etc have not eaten to their satisfaction.

Now the government is jumping into electricity all in a desperation to get foreign exchange to fill the shortfall coming from the falling price of crude oil in the international oil market.

Don't they know that Nigeria has to be self sufficient before one can think of exporting goods and services abroad.

Why is Nigeria political leaders fond of putting the 'CART BEFORE THE HORSE"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by helphelp: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
The annoying thing is, the extended lines will have 24/7 uninterrupted power supply. Who did we offend in this nation

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
irepnaija4eva:

We dey wait o..
updated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Extend Electricity Line To Senegal, Ghana, Others by frankmoney(m): 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2019
I think Nigeria generates and distributes more electricity than ghana

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Umahi: How Wike Masterminded Court Judgement Sacking Me / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Gunmen Bomb Imo Police Station, Destroy Vehicles, Buildings; They Used Dynamite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.