Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian (9446 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / Does Being Born Again Mean I Am Free From Sin And Immunized Against Sinning? / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by unstoppable51(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
From FeedMeJesus.com

what does it really mean to be born again?
I am sure you are going to be finding this refreshing as you will get a clearer understanding of what it truly means to be born again.

To understand this subject of being “born again” as used among Christians today, we will have to look at the only book that talked so much about it i.e the Bible, and find out what Jesus meant when He used those terms.

Let’s take a quick look at John chapter 3 from verse 1:

[b]Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. [/b]

The popular belief people have when they read this part of the Scripture, is that being born again has to do with being baptised in water either as an adult or an infant.

This is mostly because in verse 5, Jesus said “…Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

So they assume being born again has to do with water immersion. Once a man has been dipped in water, he has access to enter the kingdom of God. That is far from what Jesus meant here and we shall see this clearly as we proceed.

The other popular belief out there is that being born again has to do with getting your acts right and “looking serious” all the time. Once you don’t wear some type of clothes, take some type of food and drinks, don’t talk too much, don’t laugh too much and talk softly, most people would conclude you are born again.

If that is what it means to be born again, then it would mean that almost all who practice Judaism, Islam and other strict religions are born again since majority of them carry themselves around with so much piety.

But being born again is far bigger than mere physical appearance and habits. If it were about wearing a long face and appearing “serious” all the time, then God wouldn’t have given to us the Spirit of Joy in the first place.

This is because “Joy” according to the Bible, is not just what you feel in your heart. It is very very expressive. It shows in your smiles, laughter, dancing, running around, twirling and so on.

When Jesus said “except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God,” He used the Greek words “gennao anothen” translated as “born again” in English, to describe that experience.

Let’s look at those two words closely for a moment so we can get His point there.

The Greek word “Gennao” which is translated as “born” in English, actually means “to procreate,” “to father,” and also to “regenerate.”The Greeks also use the word to not only talk about conception but also the process of delivery.

The other word “Anothen” translated as “again” in English actually means “from above” or “Anew.”

If you put the words together now, it would mean that what Jesus said to Nicodemus was “except a man is procreated or fathered anew from above, he cannot see or enter the kingdom of God.”

(I guess it’s beginning to make sense. Please pay special attention from here)

This was what confused Nicodemus that made him ask if it would take a man’s mum to conceive and give birth to him again for that to happen.

Jesus then had to explain further by saying in verse 5[b] “…except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”[/b]

The major reason we don’t always get the real meaning of this verse and assume it is talking about water baptism, is because we don’t know the word “and” in that verse is not a conjunction but an explanation.

In the Greek, the word translated as “and” in our Bibles is the word “kai.”

“Kai” in Greek do not always mean “and” like the Bible translators put it in that verse. It also mean “that is,” “which is,” “even” etc. It used for explaining a statement.

To get the explanation Jesus was trying to pass across to Nicodemus in that verse 5, we would need to substitute “and” there with “which is” or “that is” since they are the same in the Greek. If we do that, the verse will look like this:

“.….except a man be born of water which is [/b]the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”

(I hope you get this.)

He merely used water to describe the character of the Spirit of God there. He wasn’t talking about water baptism there at all.

That is why all through the remaining verses in that chapter, He never mentioned “water” again as regarding being born again but kept on repeating “the Spirit.”

This is not the only time He even used water to describe the activity of the Holy Spirit in the entire Bible. For instance in John 7:37-39

[b]“In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

“(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Look at that. You know it would sound ridiculous today if you carry a physical cup and go around expecting Jesus to give you real water to drink because you read “if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink”?

Why will it sound ridiculous? It is because the writer of that verse being John the apostle, has already helped you in verse 39 by telling you that the water Jesus was talking about in those verses was merely a reference to the Spirit of God.

So when you hear or read about being born again, do not assume that it is about being immersed in any physical water or quitting any habit. It is not just that.

To be born again simply means to be supernaturally procreated or birthed by the Spirit of God. And by the reason of that birth (not your piety or self righteousness), you have direct access to heaven.

So, a born again man is that fellow that have been supernaturally procreated by the Spirit of God. His citizenship is in heaven.

He is not aspiring to go to heaven. Heaven is where he is seated already according to Ephesians 2:5-6.

Calling him a “candidate” of heaven will be to talk down or talk less of who he really is. He is a “citizen” of heaven, not a candidate that is still aspiring and may likely not get there.

Should he live right and reflect the character of the Spirit in his conducts? YES

Can he miss it atimes? Yes he can, and that is because we still move about in this fallen world.

But can his missing to conduct himself properly cause him to be un-born again? There is no such a thing as being un-born again in the Bible. It is either a man is born again or he is not. That is what the Bible teaches.

So from John 3, we see clearly that to be born again is a supernatural thing done by the Spirit of God.

Man’s only part in that process is to believe the Gospel. Once he is born again, the Spirit of God begins to work on his inside helping him to live and do the will of God on this earth as he is supposed.

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/02/answered-what-does-it-really-mean-to-be_2.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Elvis2kay: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2019
cry
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Lamasta(m): 8:45am On Sep 15, 2019
What You need to know about been a born again Christian is that CHRISTIANITY is a relationship between You and God; its a relationship that people will observe the life and character of Christ in You and not the popular Bible, church carrying matters on your head.

Been born again is carrying Christ's presence wherever You go....

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:45am On Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by VAPatrick: 8:46am On Sep 15, 2019
Enlightening.

BTW, if you're an aspiring entrepreneur, you'll find this post very helpful: https://www.nairaland.com/5415790/lazy-way-generate-profitable-business
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Raymondreigns(m): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2019
Damn not again
Abeg abeg abeg what nonsense!!! undecided

Someone please explain to me how to write my own story so I go be the ftc too.. cry
I need that trophy smiley
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Kennitrust(m): 8:49am On Sep 15, 2019
OK
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by makewetalk2: 8:50am On Sep 15, 2019
you see all these women wrapping their heads claiming to be born again? they are the anti-christ. No verse in the Bible instructed women to cover their head because as identification of being born again christians. the way Nigerian born again is identified is by hair covering and by wearing rags.
God is not after the outward person. your actions should be the identifier. Jesus did not say that dressing is the identifier. using velvet fabrics to wrap your head is not a biblical injunction and neither does it help anyone to get to heaven.
Jesus said that his followers will be identified by love. If you have no love, your dressing is in vain.
Jesus said that the born again will be the servants and the last because the last shall be the first. people who call themselves born again in nigeria are wicked-hearted people. when you get close to them you will regret being poor. those women and men who pretend to be born again show their righteousness before men. and they will get their reward with men and not God. the born again is a spiritual person of the heart not by appearance.
If The Lord's Chosen believe that Redeemers are born again Christians, why do they have different leaders? why do they have different church name? T.B Joshua and Adeboye are enemies. And both of them claim to be serving God. How possible. Omega fire Johnson Suleman jumps in a fight with T.B Joshua because he is not in agreement with Adeboye. Suleman can kill for Adeoye. is that man defending Jesus. Jesus asked his apostles to drop their sword but this Nigerian acclaimed apostle is picking up swords to fight anyone who disagrees with Adeboye. Is he really an apostle of Christ?
there is no one out of Jesus followers who was called a born again in the Bible. but fake Christians go about identifying themselves by a name/ title that the apostles did not call themselves.
Matthew 6:1 “Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.
What good works do those acclaimed born again do apart from dressing in drags?
wearing rags and the Lord's chosen is making themself a mockery. I saw one wearing that rag in a bus and smelling like a dead beaver, making everyone uncomfortable. righteousness means dressing up nicely not to attract attention. Jesus followers were not known by their dress code but by the things that they do.

another thing is carrying a big bible. carrying the bible does not mean that you understand what is written in it.
another dirty thing fake Christians do is sticking all sort of sticker on their bibles. they will never do such on their checkbook. or their travel passports. people think God is a man that they can deceive by performing that kind of Adeboye righteousness. claiming to be humble while sitting in luxury cars and luxury jets. Una try to fool mugu. simplicity is standing in the queue, doing the simple things everyone else does. taking commercial.
I see no reason why a G/O cannot take a commercial airline. the passengers on airplanes need the goodnews too. you must not stand on pulpits. Jesus was ina crowd OUTSIDE.
Nigerians, if una fall mugu for all these actors na una sabi. they will deceive you all and you all will end up destroyed. use yoru brain. see through the deceit.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Truefaith: 8:50am On Sep 15, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

May God bless the writer of this article
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by alabimustcry: 8:58am On Sep 15, 2019
unstoppable51:
From FeedMeJesus.com

I am sure you are going to be finding this refreshing as you will get a clearer understanding of what it truly means to be born again.

To understand this subject of being “born again” as used among Christians today, we will have to look at the only book that talked so much about it i.e the Bible, and find out what Jesus meant when He used those terms.

[b]Joh 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

Joh 3:2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. [/b]

The popular belief people have when they read this part of the Scripture, is that being born again has to do with being baptised in water either as an adult or an infant.

This is mostly because in verse 5, Jesus said “…Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.”

So they assume being born again has to do with water immersion. Once a man has been dipped in water, he has access to enter the kingdom of God. That is far from what Jesus meant here and we shall see this clearly as we proceed.

The other popular belief out there is that being born again has to do with getting your acts right and “looking serious” all the time. Once you don’t wear some type of clothes, take some type of food and drinks, don’t talk too much, don’t laugh too much and talk softly, most people would conclude you are born again.

If that is what it means to be born again, then it would mean that almost all who practice Judaism, Islam and other strict religions are born again since majority of them carry themselves around with so much piety.

But being born again is far bigger than mere physical appearance and habits. If it were about wearing a long face and appearing “serious” all the time, then God wouldn’t have given to us the Spirit of Joy in the first place.

This is because “Joy” according to the Bible, is not just what you feel in your heart. It is very very expressive. It shows in your smiles, laughter, dancing, running around, twirling and so on.

When Jesus said “except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God,” He used the Greek words “gennao anothen” translated as “born again” in English, to describe that experience.

Let’s look at those two words closely for a moment so we can get His point there.

The Greek word “Gennao” which is translated as “born” in English, actually means “to procreate,” “to father,” and also to “regenerate.”The Greeks also use the word to not only talk about conception but also the process of delivery.

The other word “Anothen” translated as “again” in English actually means “from above” or “Anew.”

If you put the words together now, it would mean that what Jesus said to Nicodemus was “except a man is procreated or fathered anew from above, he cannot see or enter the kingdom of God.”

This was what confused Nicodemus that made him ask if it would take a man’s mum to conceive and give birth to him again for that to happen.

Jesus then had to explain further by saying in verse 5[b] “…except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”[/b]

The major reason we don’t always get the real meaning of this verse and assume it is talking about water baptism, is because we don’t know the word “and” in that verse is not a conjunction but an explanation.

“Kai” in Greek do not always mean “and” like the Bible translators put it in that verse. It also mean “that is,” “which is,” “even” etc. It used for explaining a statement.

To get the explanation Jesus was trying to pass across to Nicodemus in that verse 5, we would need to substitute “and” there with “which is” or “that is” since they are the same in the Greek. If we do that, the verse will look like this:

“.….except a man be born of water which is [/b]the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.”

(I hope you get this.)

He merely used water to describe the character of the Spirit of God there. He wasn’t talking about water baptism there at all.

That is why all through the remaining verses in that chapter, He never mentioned “water” again as regarding being born again but kept on repeating “the Spirit.”

This is not the only time He even used water to describe the activity of the Holy Spirit in the entire Bible. For instance in John 7:37-39

[b]“In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

“He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

“(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Look at that. You know it would sound ridiculous today if you carry a physical cup and go around expecting Jesus to give you real water to drink because you read “if any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink”?

Why will it sound ridiculous? It is because the writer of that verse being John the apostle, has already helped you in verse 39 by telling you that the water Jesus was talking about in those verses was merely a reference to the Spirit of God.

So when you hear or read about being born again, do not assume that it is about being immersed in any physical water or quitting any habit. It is not just that.

To be born again simply means to be supernaturally procreated or birthed by the Spirit of God. And by the reason of that birth (not your piety or self righteousness), you have direct access to heaven.

So, a born again man is that fellow that have been supernaturally procreated by the Spirit of God. His citizenship is in heaven.

He is not aspiring to go to heaven. Heaven is where he is seated already according to Ephesians 2:5-6.

Calling him a “candidate” of heaven will be to talk down or talk less of who he really is. He is a “citizen” of heaven, not a candidate that is still aspiring and may likely not get there.

Should he live right and reflect the character of the Spirit in his conducts? YES

Can he miss it atimes? Yes he can, and that is because we still move about in this fallen world.

But can his missing to conduct himself properly cause him to be un-born again? There is no such a thing as being un-born again in the Bible. It is either a man is born again or he is not. That is what the Bible teaches.

So from John 3, we see clearly that to be born again is a supernatural thing done by the Spirit of God.

Man’s only part in that process is to believe the Gospel. Once he is born again, the Spirit of God begins to work on his inside helping him to live and do the will of God on this earth as he is supposed.

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2019/02/answered-what-does-it-really-mean-to-be_2.html
and u are putting on earrings and chain grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by PCRepairer: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2019
ok noted

Check my signature, if you know, you know
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by finny2015: 9:03am On Sep 15, 2019
God bless your poster, i learned alot.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Livingstoner(m): 9:23am On Sep 15, 2019
Am blessed,I read through and am blessed
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by JJOF(m): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2019
unstoppable51:
From FeedMeJesus.com

(I hope you get this.)

I hope this blesses you.

Glory to God!

Awesome bruh, awesome, though I will still check that "Kai" of a word letter on sha.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by omanzo02: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2019
There is nothing like born again, is good to believe in something but the religious brainwashing in Nigeria is really becoming f**king annoying! Dude use your Sundays for something meaningful than wasting it listening to some craps.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by nwamabo247(m): 9:35am On Sep 15, 2019
Just live according to the Bible standard, please dear people I need your help please

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Nggs121: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2019
Being born again means being brainwashed by some really eloquent scammers so you fall into their grasp and of course, start doling out the cash

Amen

*spits*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Nggs121: 9:38am On Sep 15, 2019
nwamabo247:
Just live according to the Bible standard, please dear people I need your help please

Don't ask anybody for help my brother man. Abi you're born again?

Ask god for help

Dosent he perform miracles?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by nwamabo247(m): 9:46am On Sep 15, 2019
Nggs121:

Don't ask anybody for help my brother man. Abi you're born again?

Ask god for help

Dosent he perform miracles?
he did and can work miracle through people
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Nggs121: 9:51am On Sep 15, 2019
nwamabo247:
he did and can work miracle through people

Now you're talking!!!

So never attempt to ask for help on nairaland again
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by nwamabo247(m): 9:59am On Sep 15, 2019
Nggs121:

Now you're talking!!!

So never attempt to ask for help on nairaland again
are good hearted people not in nairaland

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Nggs121: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2019
nwamabo247:
are good hearted people not in nairaland

The correct question is

Is my god not good hearted?
Because I'm sure he has seen your suffering and heard your prayers

Of course, if he didn't exist, that would explain the silence.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by renewable1(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2019
It's well

You want a 1kva complete solar inverter today?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by slimjosh231(m): 10:35am On Sep 15, 2019
makewetalk2:
you see all these women wrapping their heads claiming to be born again? they are the anti-christ. No verse in the Bible instructed women to cover their head because as identification of being born again christians. the way Nigerian born again is identified is by hair covering and by wearing rags.
God is not after the outward person. your actions should be the identifier. Jesus did not say that dressing is the identifier. using velvet fabrics to wrap your head is not a biblical injunction and neither does it help anyone to get to heaven.
Jesus said that his followers will be identified by love. If you have no love, your dressing is in vain.
Jesus said that the born again will be the servants and the last because the last shall be the first. people who call themselves born again in nigeria are wicked-hearted people. when you get close to them you will regret being poor. those women and men who pretend to be born again show their righteousness before men. and they will get their reward with men and not God. the born again is a spiritual person of the heart not by appearance.
If The Lord's Chosen believe that Redeemers are born again Christians, why do they have different leaders? why do they have different church name? T.B Joshua and Adeboye are enemies. And both of them claim to be serving God. How possible. Omega fire Johnson Suleman jumps in a fight with T.B Joshua because he is not in agreement with Adeboye. Suleman can kill for Adeoye. is that man defending Jesus. Jesus asked his apostles to drop their sword but this Nigerian acclaimed apostle is picking up swords to fight anyone who disagrees with Adeboye. Is he really an apostle of Christ?
there is no one out of Jesus followers who was called a born again in the Bible. but fake Christians go about identifying themselves by a name/ title that the apostles did not call themselves.
Matthew 6:1 “Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven.
wearing rags and the Lord's chosen is making themself a mockery. I saw one wearing that rag in a bus and smelling like a dead beaver, making everyone uncomfortable. righteousness means dressing up nicely not to attract attention. Jesus followers were not known by their dress code but by the things that they do.

another thing is carrying a big bible. carrying the bible does not mean that you understand what is written in it.
another dirty thing fake Christians do is sticking all sort of sticker on their bibles. they will never do such on their checkbook. or their travel passports. people think God is a man that they can deceive by performing that kind of Adeboye righteousness. claiming to be humble while sitting in luxury cars and luxury jets. Una try to fool mugu. simplicity is standing in the queue, doing the simple things everyone else does. taking commercial.
I see no reason why a G/O cannot take a commercial airline. the passengers on airplanes need the goodnews too. you must not stand on pulpits. Jesus was ina crowd OUTSIDE.
Nigerians, if una fall mugu for all these actors na una sabi. they will deceive you all and you all will end up destroyed. use yoru brain. see through the deceit.
Bar Man, give this guy one Mortuary standard Origin make him drink. Too much knowledge will not kill you. We practise Religion here not Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 15, 2019
Since that phrase "born again" was introduced in Nigeria, the country hasn't been the same again.
Take me back to orthodox era. sad
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by kareemkamil(m): 11:05am On Sep 15, 2019
Hmm, Christian are funny, you people should go and study Bible well well. The book contain alot of discrepancy fallacy & error.
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by wasi9ice: 11:32am On Sep 15, 2019
Lamasta:
What You need to know about been a born again Christian is that CHRISTIANITY is a relationship between You and God its a relationship that people will observe the life and character or Christ in You and not the popular Bible, church carrying matters on your head.

Been born again is carrying Christ's presence wherever You go....
,,on point,

It's pratical

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by Apination(m): 11:52am On Sep 15, 2019
Baptism is a major requirement, the process of baptism encompasses the whole process of being born again. The translation of the Bible has been done for hundreds of years by different people at different times and those words the writer is substituting to create a different meaning from what is intended has been repeatedly used. The writer has obviously no knowledge of the languages and is coming up to tell us that those who are scholars in those languages don't know what they are saying.

In the beginning of the world, even when the earth was without shape or void, there was the Holy spirit moving over the waters and from that point started to create. Jesus was not taken out of context as the writer is trying to pose that the various translations have done.

The bible should never be interpreted in isolation and its not everyone who claims to speak for God that's fit to interpret undecided

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by kolnel: 11:58am On Sep 15, 2019
lol
I’m very sure the world will be a better place without this man made religion
Your pastors can not perform miracles but love tithes
They keep creating wealth for their generations
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by djoey89: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2019
All this BS posts on fri and sun... traditionalist, atheist and co should have other days so we can rest.. i believe your personal believe should be in religion trend and not FP.. well it is not my site. Bleh...m
Re: What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian by UltimatedeBest(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
makewetalk2:

Quite interesting, T.B Joshua and Adeboye don't agree same with their followers I guess

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Romance Section Sunday Service / Why Did God Plant That Tree In The Garden Of Eden? / Tower Of Babel, An Insight Into Space Exploration And Architectural Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.