Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,568 members, 7,801,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? (19950 Views)

Prophetess Lianna Wittman Marks Birthday With Orphanage And Hospital Visits / Pastor Caught With Charms In Wardrobe: I Am A Spiritual Man, Not A Native Doctor / Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2019
safarigirl:
Do you know what a native doctor is or are you confusing it with a traditional spiritual leader?

A native doctor deals in native herbs, not spiritual matters.

If a pastor can take food to Muslim faithfuls, why can't a traditional spiritual leader take gifts to a Christian orphanage? Or is it only Christians that want to do good to other religions, while vilifying them? What kind of religion is that?

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Ballack1(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2019
No
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Funmmyastic: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2019
Nice gesture from the native doctor.There is no law that says we should not render help to those in need irrespective of ones religion.

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Funmmyastic: 9:59am On Aug 25, 2019
Ballack1:
No

Why?
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by seniormallam(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2019
he cannot have ulterior motive and do it openly like this, I call myself a Christian and I've never done a thing like this, what a shame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by riczy(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2019
Were exactly is d address of this native Dr?
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2019
We've seen them. We've known them. Why must we associate with them talk more of taaking this from them....

He will just take those children destiny for his riches....tufiakwwwaaa

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by JJOF(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2019
lottomkyes200:
Paul speaking concerning food offers to Idol he said we know they are nothing bit death so we will eat and enjoy
Exactly. Why should they reject the gifts? Abegi make them collect am thank the man, bless am in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Samsonklin(m): 10:02am On Aug 25, 2019
uuzba:

He should go and meet Christ first.
Zacheus was a sinful tax collector guy. He knew he was a bad man. He heard about Christ and was very excited to meet him. He climbed a tree to see over the crowd.
Jesus called him, face to face and Zacheus opened up his heart and his house to Jesus.

He promised to give his wealth out, "If I've cheated anybody, I will pay back 4 times the amount"

Go and meet Christ FIRST and confess your wrong doing.
THEN show your sorrow by giving out gifts.

Juju guy can't be giving gifts to kids and still practicing juju and sacrifices.
I would have been scared. But I remembered that you are not in charge of the affairs of heaven. So, I’m not bothered. Thanks and happy Sunday Sir #peace

3 Likes

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Ajinoride(m): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2019
Irrespective of the giver, every gift ought to be sanctified before it is put to use. No need to reject it.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by opera260(m): 10:03am On Aug 25, 2019
Abeg who get the Baba number, I won reason with the baba
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by seniormallam(m): 10:04am On Aug 25, 2019
Chibukings111:
We've seen them.
We've known them.
Why must we associate with them talk more of taaking this from them....

you preach to a prostitute to repent without a plan of rehabilitation, shey na sand she go chop if she repent?
they shouldn't receive the gift from native Dr. meanwhile Christians have failed in this aspect , @OP how much are giving to the less privileges every month.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by obentenyson(m): 10:05am On Aug 25, 2019
Stupid question. common sense should tell a reasonable Christian that those gifts are tainted with blood and human lives... Christians should not have anything to do with heathen objects or devilish objects.. even if it comes in form of a gift. it makes u an accomplice in whatever evil they've done...
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by seniormallam(m): 10:17am On Aug 25, 2019
Ajinoride:
Irrespective of the giver, every gift ought to be sanctified before it is put to use. No need to reject it.
i see people of little faith, wen we went to the village for my mum burial, the pastor that followed us to the village during his sermon was just blasting the village people , the next day he gathered the village again and thank the old woman that brought pounded yam with egusi soup for him in his dream and told her he will prefer bush meat this time, he said he enjoyed the meal,
some people level of spirituality no be here o, dem no dey fear again.
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by shabachmore: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2019
There Is No Hell Fire Where Sinners Suffer In Eternity – Pope Francis

Continue reading at https://kogistatenews.com.ng/?p=489 | Kogi State News

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by sylve11: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2019
safarigirl:
Do you know what a native doctor is or are you confusing it with a traditional spiritual leader?

A native doctor deals in native herbs, not spiritual matters.

If a pastor can take food to Muslim faithfuls, why can't a traditional spiritual leader take gifts to a Christian orphanage? Or is it only Christians that want to do good to other religions, while vilifying them? What kind of religion is that?

i want to buy you Google chrome for this you write up oooooooo kiss cool
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by ithink7: 10:25am On Aug 25, 2019
They always preach it in church.
God is not in need. Don't go and steal or cheat to give to God. If you steal to give God, you're only reporting yourself to God which makes your judgement faster. I've seen pastors return members money to them. But as you know, there will always be a Judas.

fullofgrace:
U should also asked ur pastor should a church reject tithes from corrupt politicians or occultist members
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by DevilhimseIf: 10:31am On Aug 25, 2019
Mutemenot:
Pastors in the house over to you.. shocked As for me, I won't reject even if it's from the devil himself
that's my boy cool

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by ubanigrant15: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2019
I reserve my comment
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by ediko5(m): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2019
riczy:
Were exactly is d address of this native Dr?
Remind me later I'll search it for you.
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by ediko5(m): 10:35am On Aug 25, 2019
Chibukings111:
We've seen them.
We've known them.
Why must we associate with them talk more of taaking this from them....

But sorry oo. According to some comments above what happened to the gifts from the known criminals in our society?
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2019
Is that Oga Cubana lipsrsealed
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by ediko5(m): 10:46am On Aug 25, 2019
opera260:
Abeg who get the Baba number, I won reason with the baba

From Facebook Search for " Chi Marine Temple" There's a page name that includes a phone number, that's his page. Some people have impersonated him.

Note: I'm not in anyway promoting Juju... Just responded to your comment

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by educhigo: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2019
i thought according to christianity there's only one god,is it not god the native doctors are saving,according to your question means other religion are saving satan,accept christian...this your question no different from buhari and ruga

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by opusingi: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2019
uuzba:

He should go and meet Christ first.
Zacheus was a sinful tax collector guy. He knew he was a bad man. He heard about Christ and was very excited to meet him. He climbed a tree to see over the crowd.
Jesus called him, face to face and Zacheus opened up his heart and his house to Jesus.

He promised to give his wealth out, "If I've cheated anybody, I will pay back 4 times the amount"

Go and meet Christ FIRST and confess your wrong doing.
THEN show your sorrow by giving out gifts.

Juju guy can't be giving gifts to kids and still practicing juju and sacrifices.

common get out !

1 Like

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Surrey2Bimshire: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2019
obentenyson:
Stupid question. common sense should tell a reasonable Christian that those gifts are tainted with blood and human lives... Christians should not have anything to do with heathen objects or devilish objects.. even if it comes in form of a gift. it makes u an accomplice in whatever evil they've done...

Wow
Smh
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by barnabas240(m): 11:33am On Aug 25, 2019
yes because the Bible make it clear in several places in the scripture.Christian family mind way u collect thing from unbelievers because the Bible say he will supply all ur needs according to his riches not babalawo riches be warned
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by Acidosis(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2019
Depends on the level of your faith and understanding of the kingdom business. If you're spiritually sound and filled with the holy ghost, then I Corinthians 8:4-10 provides an answer to foods made by the so-called "idols".

For unbelievers and time wasters, they are free to rap whatever. I don't discuss kingdom matters with spiritual illiterates. The only thing they need to hear is salvation, not father to child or brethren to brethren issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by abdulcare4mii: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2019
I came to see savage replies grin
Re: Should A Church Orphanage Reject Gift Items From A Native Doctor? by EtihadAirways(f): 11:56am On Aug 25, 2019
Who get that native doctor phone number abeg? Since he dey popular is like he sabi work, make he do small work for me

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Jonathan Worships God At Christ Apostolic Church / God Can Still Do The Impossible Even At The Eleventh Hour (11th Month November) / TB Joshua Edited Colorado Video Prophecy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.