Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) (76596 Views)

Ray Fish Caught Near The God's Island, Ibeno In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Civet Killed In Ogun Bush In Osere Matogun / Man Kills African Civet In Umuahia, Abia. Poses With It (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

Ediabali is a known attacker of livestock at night, something which civets don't do, also when edi is caught in a trap, it can bite off its leg to excape, which is peculiar to canines, most people can call anything any name, because they look similar, wolves and hyenas hunt in packs so they are not your regular edi, civets, hyenas, wolves and foxes look alike but the chicken thieves at nights are foxes and that's what most people know as edi abali

There are many carnivores animals that attack and steal people's livestocks, ask elders around you about the animals, show them the picture, it's even my profile picture.

Google but fox and civet and show them, ask them their native names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by NnamdiN: 1:50pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

You're a liar,

Truth be told, I don't think Hyena is in the East, I have only seen Hyena in Northern Nigeria, they have it in their park,

I have never seen Hyena whether dead or alive in the South Eastern Nigeria,
I have seen many animals in the South East but bot hyenas.
Ediabali are killed by hunters 24/7,
Ediabali don't work in group like hyenas

Bellow are pictures of Hyenas and they are not Ediabali
as e don reach name calling . Call it whatever you like .let it rest man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
AFONAMARO:

My question is straightforward. What's Tiger called in Igbo language?

No one is asking if you have seen or come in contact with a Tiger.

Originally, Leopard is the main Agu we know,

Igbo people now call all animals of the big cats Agu, even lion that is Odum is stylishly replacing Agu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by Bbbwings: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
movingclouds:

Akwa boys where you dey? Another fowl killer dey here
Werey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by Techsunny: 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bush dog=edi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
77up:
Whites will be looking at Nigerian in this regards like...

The Whites are doing the worst in South African countries.

They big animals just to take pictures with it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by Bbbwings: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
mrbillz:
Which one is wild fox again? Has fox ever been domesticated �
grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by donkach: 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
It is called African Civet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by donkach: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
NnamdiN:
as e don reach name calling . Call it whatever you like .let it rest man.

Saying someone is lying Na name calling?
You don't say things with out evidence,

How many times have you seen Hyenas like this in your village whether dead or alive,
You have been mentioning hyenas since and I knew you don't know what hyenas look like.

The first picture is African Civet, we call it Ediabali, I don chop the meat several times.

The second picture is Hyena, I have never seen it in the East whether dead or alive, let alone eating the neat,

I have seen antelopes in action in the South East,
I have seen many animals which I don't know their English names and probably they don't have English names

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by hugoboss36(m): 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2019
Imagine if that beast come back to life...as that guy hol am..... grin grin shocked shocked...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by 77up(m): 2:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

The Whites are doing the worst in South African countries.

They big animals just to take pictures with it
Who is talking about SA , high budget Nigeria undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by eaglechild: 2:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Saying someone is lying Na name calling?
You don't say things with out evidence,

How many times have you seen Hyenas like this in your village whether dead or alive,
You have been mentioning hyenas since and I knew you don't know what hyenas look like.

The first picture is African Civet, we call it Ediabali, I don chop the meat several times.

The second picture is Hyena, I have never seen it in the East whether dead or alive, let alone eating the neat,

I have seen antelopes in action in the South East,
I have seen many animals which I don't know their English names and probably they don't have English names
You are correct.
Never heard of hyenas in the present day south east.
Hyenas are apex predators there is not enough wildlife to support them in the SE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by JaruJaru890: 3:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Leopard is Agu

I don't know what Hyena is called

Tiger didn't have Igbo name, because there was no Tiger in West Africa or even Africa as a whole,
But we now call it Agu, including Lion
sorry, let me ask u some more.
Agu na Odum? Pls expatiate.
Grew up thinking edi abani is leopard, agu tiger and lion odum.
Expatiate ogu na odum. Do leopards and lions mix?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by AFONAMARO: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Originally, Leopard is the main Agu we know,

Igbo people now call all animals of the big cats Agu, even lion that is Odum is stylishly replacing Agu

So Igbo"s have main and fake Agu?

You are yet to answer my question. What's Tiger called in Igbo language?
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by mrbillz(m): 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
I tire o
Bbbwings:

grin cheesy
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 3:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
JaruJaru890:
sorry, let me ask u some more.
Agu na Odum? Pls expatiate.
Grew up thinking edi abani is leopard, agu tiger and lion odum.
Expatiate ogu na odum. Do leopards and lions mix?

Traditionally when we talk of Agu, it's Leopard, it was very common in West Africa

Leopard is Agu

Lion is Odum.

Odum n'egbu Agu = meaning Lion kills Leopard

Odum ebo Judah = meaning Lion Tribe of Judah or Lion of Judah

Tiger had no Igbo name

But today, Igbo people now refers to Lion, Tiger and Leopard and other big cats as Agu.

Ediabali is not Leopard and it's not part of the cat family

Here are pictures of Leopards and skin below

See pictures of Ibe Kachikwu The inister of State, Petroleum Resources and Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State wearing the skin of leopards.
That's how rich people dress in the olden days, if not, no cloth for you

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
uuzba:

I didn't say anything O.
But don't you think you think you need this electrician inside your house?

House foul ko,
Mansion foul ni….

I'm not the source of your confusion.
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 3:46pm On Aug 25, 2019
AFONAMARO:

So Igbo"s have main and fake Agu?

You are yet to answer my question. What's Tiger called in Igbo language?

Tiger is called Agu, even Lions are now called Agu. since you lack understanding
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by goat22: 3:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Ediabali is African Civet and not Hyena
RUBBISH. Ediabali is monkey.
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 4:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
goat22:

RUBBISH. Ediabali is monkey.

You're a liar, Ediabali is Goat22
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
browse334:
Jesus is calling you today!
[s]Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many will seek to enter and will not be able.
Jesus is the way to eternal life; no one comes to the Father, but by Him.
Repent and accept Jesus today as your personal Lord and saviour; He will keep you safe when every other thing fails.
It is very important to make this all important decision today, and if you have already accepted Jesus into your life, continue to follow Jesus all the way. He will shepherd you so that you find pasture in this life, and also in the life to come.[/s]

Jesus na Scam

Christians are being slaughtered by Jihadists, their properties are being taken quietly by Islamist, their land are being renamed in the Middle Belt and you're here looking for whom to scam so you and your Jesus can be taking 10% from his hard earned money as tithes

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by AFONAMARO: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Tiger is called Agu, even Lions are now called Agu. since you lack understanding

Wise fool, you finally provided the simple answer.

You truly reek of understanding and wisdom hence your moniker.

Ewu Hausa
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by foshe36: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
What you people are doing is bad, how could you kill such a beautiful animal, that animal might be unique to Africa and even maybe that region. I've never seen that animal on National Geographic Wild that I've being fallowing for over 15 years. Never seen a documentry of that animal... And you people just kill it.. We such a natural devourer. God have mercy.
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2019
AFONAMARO:

Wise fool, you finally provided the simple answer.

You truly reek of understanding and wisdom hence your moniker.

Ewu Hausa

I see, you lack understanding
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by goat22: 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Quiet there! Ediabali is ostrich.
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by goat22: 4:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2019
foshe36:
What you people are doing is bad, how could you kill such a beautiful animal, that animal might be unique to Africa and even maybe that region. I've never seen that animal on National Geographic Wild that I've being fallowing for over 15 years. Never seen a documentry of that animal... And you people just kill it.. We such a natural devourer. God have mercy.

African people don't know whats they are doing, there future generations will curse them, that's if black people don't get kicked out of Africa

In my village if antelope sees you, the antelope will run with great speed, that because they don't want to collect bullets.

But antelopes walk freely in the streets of Japan

Africans don't want to get civilized, they kill anything that's not domestics
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by foshe36: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
sadewodu:
These guys don't know if that animal is endangered.... Them just kill am once... What is our problem in this country, no b everything you must chop na... (the thing looks like a raccoon though)

I don't think NatgeoWild has ever documented that animal, very beautiful animal and they just kill it like that. I am feeling pain like the animal is my pet.
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by EdiAbali: 4:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
goat22:

You must be a kid
Re: Civet Killed In Akwa Ibom For Terrorising Fowls (photos) by goat22: 4:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
EdiAbali:

You must be a kid

Shut It! I can give birth to you and send you to creche.You know my age? where were you in 1975? Do you remember when the queen was here? No be only civet na baboon. If I catch you on this forum again mentioning civet I will pull your ear and knock you. You get cold groundnut? no be hot one o, the one wey Don black.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The Crocodile I Killed This Early Morning During The Rainfall / Monkeys Killed In My Village In Abia (Pictures) / 16th-Century Child Skeletons With Coins In Their Mouths Found In Poland (Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.