Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,194 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider (522 Views)

I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / Twitter User Who Requested For Donations Reportedly Turns Out To Be Scam / Young Girl Lands In A Hospital After Being Bitten By A Venomous Snake. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider by udomoh(m): 8:23am On Aug 25, 2019
The story of how a venomous brown recluse spider was discovered and removed from a woman’s left ear.

A woman went to the doctor with what she thought was water sloshing around in her left ear. But water doesn’t have eight legs, pincers and a venomous bite. Doctors pulled a venomous brown recluse spider out of her ear!

According to a new affiliate report, a woman in Missouri went to the doctor, thinking she had water in her ear that wouldn’t go away. That’s when doctors figured out the real culprit: a brown recluse Spider inside her left ear.

You may want to purchase some earplugs after this.

Now the report……

On Tuesday morning, a 41-year-old Missouri woman woke up with a bizarre sensation in her left ear. Susie Torres told KSHB that she heard a “swooshing” noise and assumed it was clogged water, so she went to a local clinic to have it checked out. After a medical assistant did a quick examination, she informed Torres that she had to get more people, as she believed the woman had a bug in her ear.

“She came back in and told me it was a spider,” Torres told the outlet. “They had a few tools and worked their magic and got it out.”

But it gets creepier. Torres was told that it wasn’t just any spider; it was a highly venomous brown recluse spider, whose bite could result in itchiness, pain, irritation, sweating, nausea, and, in rare cases, death.

Thankfully, the eight-legged creature didn’t bite Torres as it was occupying her ear.

“I never thought they would crawl in your ear or any part of your body,” said Torres, who is now taking extra precautions before bedtime. “I went and put some cotton balls in my ear last night, because I did not have any ear plugs, I’m pretty terrified of spiders.”

According to the CDC, the brown recluse is one of two venomous spiders found in the U.S., along with black widows. “Spiders are usually not aggressive and most bites occur because a spider is trapped or unintentionally contacted,” the CDC says. So, Torres got lucky — she could’ve received a bite that would cause itching, pain, and irritation, or even, in rare cases, death.

It wasn’t too long ago that doctors found a spider spinning a web inside a man’s ear in China, The Sun newspaper in the U.K. reports. The patient went to the doctor complaining of an “itchy crawling sensation” inside his ear and doctors saw the insect deep in his canal. They took video of the web-spinning spider, which went viral in May.

Ear-dwelling spiders have made headlines other times before. In 2012, doctors in China found a spider that had been living in a woman’s ear for 5 days. And in 2007, an Oregon boy complaining of a faint popping sound “like Rice Krispies” ended up having two spiders removed from his ear.

Source: https://nimedhealth.com.ng/2019/08/25/woman-hears-swooshing-sound-in-her-ear-turns-out-to-be-venomous-brown-recluse-spider/?amp

Re: Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider by hahn(m): 8:37am On Aug 25, 2019
undecided

Re: Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider by guuudy87(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2019
If na for Nigeria now, dem go say na village people
Re: Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider by jantofubu(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2019
spider woman ....
Re: Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider by CAPSLOCKED: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2019
guuudy87:
If na for Nigeria now, dem go say na village people

NORMAL THING...
ESPECIALLY IF THE WOMAN CANNOT AFFORD PROFESSIONAL HEALTH SERVICES.

WHEN SHE DIES WITHOUT ANYONE INVESTIGATION THE CAUSE OF HER DEATH, NIGERIANS WILL GIVE VILLAGE PEOPLE AND JUJU MORE ACCOLADES.. AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES FOR GENERATIONS TO COME.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider by tillaman(m): 11:28am On Aug 25, 2019
She’s lucky she’s not a Nigerian because by now they for don pour 50 gallons of anointing oil inside that ear!! She for don loose weight by now all in the name of fasting against village people
Re: Woman Hears ‘swooshing Sound’ In Her Ear, Turns Out To Be Venomous Spider by Lamasta(m): 12:00am On Aug 26, 2019
I hate spiders shocked

(1) (Reply)

Early Marriage A Problem In Our Society / Please Help Stretch Marks Has Affected My Woman Body Badly / Revealed! How Hiv Positive White Guy Infects Over 600 Black Girls With Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.