Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost (37467 Views)

Abia Isolation Centres In Poor State – Resident Doctors / The Moment A Couple Lost Their Child In A Government-Owned Hospital / FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by DeRay98(m): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Allow a Nigerian doctor to operate on you at your own peril. I'd rather save up and travel out of the country to do such surgery than risking my life with a Nigerian trained doctor.

I have a secondary school classmate who had kidney transplant at a hospital in Abuja about 4-5yrs ago and he's been fine since.
Some of us his classmates had to support him financially. We are still in same school whatsapp group...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Usanga35: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kidney for sale o...any buyer?,,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by oluwasegun007(m): 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Health is wealth...

Thank God for good health

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2019
classicalbenson:
wow..this kidney business is lucrative

lol,it's the business angle your mind went.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by KingAzubuike(f): 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
George2164:
...when it comes to intellectual capacity in the medical field, Nigerian Doctors are beating the record with outstanding achievements. The issue we are having is poor funding via procurement of equipment...
Before you say such try to know the mortality rate in surgeries by Nigerian doctors..
Be proud of your people and our product.. That is a classical sign that you are a disciple of improvement and betterment of the country.

Which record are you beating? undecided so you know better than the whites who invented these things.. All they teach them in medical school is read theory, read am well and write exam and you must pass.. zero practical zero simulations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Unemadu: 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2019
Skelewu:
Wow. I never knew kidney transplant was possible in any Nigerian hospital. With the way people rush to India for kidney transplant you'd think there's no qualified urological surgeon in Nigeria.

But then again, it remains to be seen how successful they are in the long run. I mean out of all the transplants carried out in all the listed Nigerian hospitals over the years how many of the patients did not suffer a relapse.

Relapse (Rejection) has nothing to do with the facility but on the persons body

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Chukazu: 4:34pm On Aug 25, 2019
Skelewu:
Wow. I never knew kidney transplant was possible in any Nigerian hospital. With the way people rush to India for kidney transplant you'd think there's no qualified urological surgeon in Nigeria.

But then again, it remains to be seen how successful they are in the long run. I mean out of all the transplants carried out in all the listed Nigerian hospitals over the years how many of the patients did not suffer a relapse.

If Buhari who vowed to stop medical tourism can not treat ordinary Ear infection in Nigeria how do you expect Nigerians with kidney problem to patronize Nigeria hospital and Medics?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by bewla(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Skelewu:

I was kind of hoping to see price list of 120k
From 30 thousand naira them never pay us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by mindtricks: 5:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Needless to say much when you hear it's Nigerian.
If you know, you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by mindtricks: 5:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
DeRay98:

I have a secondary school classmate who had kidney transplant at a hospital in Abuja about 4-5yrs ago and he's been fine since.
Some of us his classmates had to support him financially. We are still in same school whatsapp group...
Not denying the possibility of success with them, the probability of failure as a typical Nigerian thing is really high and scary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by abbiboy: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
Skelewu:

An the ones going to india,wht is the success rate abysmal if u ask me,transplant doesnt not guarantee it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by abbiboy: 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2019
KingAzubuike:
Allow a Nigerian doctor to operate on you at your own peril. I'd rather save up and travel out of the country to do such surgery than risking my life with a Nigerian trained doctor.
Like india abi,is just like asking for chinko Iphone in place of the real Iphone.i laff when i see people rush to india for medicare.is just like comparing techo with HTC phone.90% guarantee u can get from developed countries medicare n not cheap n unreliable india surgeons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by mindtricks: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
abbiboy:

Like india abi,is just like asking for chinko Iphone in place of the real Iphone.i laff when i see people rush to india for medicare.is just like comparing techo with HTC phone.90% guarantee u can get from developed countries medicare n not cheap n unreliable india surgeons.

Agreed indian doctors can be very unreliable too (from what I know), but isn't our medical care situation here in Nigeria worse than that theirs still?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
KingAzubuike:
By the time the Indians finish operating you, is it not back to the Nigerian doctor you are going to? If you know how many half jobs they do in India. They won't give you drugs after. Better patronise naija

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Which record are you beating? undecided so you know better than the whites who invented these things.. All they teach them in medical school is read theory, read am well and write exam and you must pass.. zero practical zero simulations.
You sound like a bitter dropout

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
Originalsly:
Nice to know they have the centers... but who was first to do this and first to do that.... and who did more seem to be wayyy more important that how successful were the transplants. The numbers are enough to scare me..... LUTH... 5?...since 2016?....and boasting of two being successful? That's really awesome... as someone earlier thinks is very impressive. To me... this report is scary.
Prevention is better than cure.
Luth has done more than 5, it is laugh that has done 5

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by sunnyemma25(m): 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
I am glad our hospital, Federal Medical Centre Umuahia Abia state was captured among the hospitals that have carried out Kidney Transplantation successfully on more than four different Patients. Am worried that they wrote that our first patient paid N5.5M. He did not pay any dime and naira land need to be informed. Surgery and drugs were entirely free. I am a member of the Transplant Team.
fmccustomercareteam@gmail.com.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by mybestlove(m): 10:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
And our leaders prefer going abroad to pay in dollars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by JoffreyBeroth(m): 10:54pm On Aug 25, 2019
KingAzubuike:

On the contrary, Most of are surgeons are out there doing fine because Nigeria is a shithole that doesn’t want to do anything for her citizens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost by Jaymaxxy(m): 6:16am On Aug 26, 2019
sunnyemma25:
I am glad our hospital, Federal Medical Centre Umuahia Abia state was captured among the hospitals that have carried out Kidney Transplantation successfully on more than four different Patients. Am worried that they wrote that our first patient paid N5.5M. He did not pay any dime and naira land need to be informed. Surgery and drugs were entirely free. I am a member of the Transplant Team.
fmccustomercareteam@gmail.com.

I'm glad to hear this. Thanks for saving lives.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? / Boy Runs Mad At Tejuosho Market Lagos , Do You Know Him? / I Went To See A Doctor Today Because Of My Illness And This Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.